Chapter 7

I woke up feeling disoriented. As I took in my surroundings it was apparent to me that I was not in my own room. When I sat up, my head started to throb. I sat up too quickly. "Hey, hey, hey, slow down take it easy" shushed Alistair. "You passed out, I carried you to my car and I brought you back to my house. I think you should stay here for tonight. Its already late anyway." This was true, as I turned to the clock I found that it was 11:50 p.m. I had already broken curfew so there was no point in going home now. I could stop by the house in the morning after my foster family had left for the day to get a change of clothes. Alistair went over to a dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and some boxers and tossed them my way. He left the room so that I could change.

When I was done, I called to Alistair to come back to the room. "So, how long was I out for?" I asked him. "All day," he responded. "Oh my God, I slept the whole day!?!?!?!?" "Well I wouldn't really call it sleep. It wasn't normal. It was as if you were almost dead. Your skin got really cold and I could barely hear your heartbeat," he explained. I must have been staring at him like he was crazy because he started to shift uncomfortably. "Look," he started "if you don't believe me ask Lana about it tomorrow at school. But the truth is Kat," his eyes softened, "we wer- I was really scared." He looked away from me for a moment. I could see he was fighting the urge to cry. "Alistair," I started towards him and moved his chin so I could see his eyes, "I'm so sorry that I made you worry about me. I- I didn't realize..." "It's alright Katerrina, I'm just glad that you are okay."

In that moment it was as if time had frozen as I became aware of one thing, I was in love with Alistair. He looked me in the eyes as if realizing the same thing about me. We stayed this way, becoming lost in each other, for what seemed like hours. He leaned his head towards mine and kissed me, softly, sweetly, so filled with love, and I kissed him back in the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello lovely readers. I am soooo sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I had so many things on my plate this past couple of months and it was hard for me to get this out sooner. Fear not I will be updating more frequently from now on. Much love and thank you for staying with me through this book so far.
-Silverlove ❤️♠️