prolouge

© Skysilver25  May 28, 2014

Prolouge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katerrina, dobre li si (are you ok)?" a soft voice spoke. "Da Mama, dobre sum (Yes, mom I'm fine). Dobre li si (are you ok)?" it was quite for a moment before I spoke again.

"Mama?" I whispered.

Silence.

A few minutes later, an ear-peircing scream was heard from the hallway. Short after, two gunshots were fired and I froze in fear as the thump of a body was heard. I covered my mouth so that I wouldn't scream as I heard the footsteps fading. I cried silently.

After what seemed hours I felt a hand tug on my arm.  "Help me!  Sombody please help me!" I screamed panicked.  "It's okay I'm not going to hurt you", said a boy.  I recognized his face; he was the son of our maid, Natalia.  He gestured for me to be quiet and I complied.  He pointed to the floor in teh corner of the room.  I headed over to the corner and was suprised to find a secret opening leading to a tunnel that connected to the woods just outside of our home.  We jumped into the tunnel and started running.

When we finally reached the woods, I turned around to find that the place I once called home was now being eaten by a red-orange flame.  When I turned back around, I was met with complete darkness.  I panicked and started looking for a way out but the darkness was overwhelming. 

I woke up screaming and crying.  Soon I felt a pair of arms around me.  "Shh... Kat it's okay it was just a dream."  I looked up and was met with the most beatiful blue eyes I had ever seen.  "Alistair," I said "it felt so real".  "Tell me Kat.  Tell me what it was about", he said softly as he wiped my tears away.  As I told him what had happened in the dream; his eyes widened.  "Katerrina, " he said seriously, "I think your memories are back".