Thanatos: The Blue Dawn

Por Devita33

*COMPLETED* (Book #2 in the DAWN series) #19 in Fantasy Aurora Venerelli, the new goddess-to-be in Olympus... Más

Prologue
(1)Slipping into Cerulean
(3)Stirred and Viridian-filled
(4)Trickery in Teal
(5)With Navy Nuance
(6)Drowning Deeper in Blue
(7)Sapphire Surrealism
(8)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(8.2)Thoughts as Deep as the Aegean
(9)Olympian Blue
(10)A Mask of Cobalt
(11)Indigo Heat
(12)Blueberry Clouds
(13)Turquoise Family Tapestry
(14)Spindrift Blue Barracades
(15)Azure Nights
(16)Even-handed Aqua
(17)Breaking the Ice
(18)Steely and Arctic Tactics
(19)Deep Sea Dreaming
(20)Amidst Blue Flames
(21)Lapis Lazuli Souls
(22)Powder Blue Blaze
(23)A Sea of Lavender and Ash
(24)Aquamarine Haven
(25)Zaffre Dagger
(26)Aurora Borealis
(27)My Tavernier Diamond
(28)Opal Pardon
(29)Whole Cerulean Hearts
(30)Bleu de France (Part 1)
(30)Bleu de France (Part 2)
(31)Path of Midnight-Blue
(32)Hell is a Forgotten Blue
(33)Moonstone Delights
(34)Denim, Deities and Departures
(35)Ultramarine
(36)Under a Navy sky
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 1)
(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 2)
(38)The Royal Blue Treatment
(39)Capri Bonds
(40)Blue-bathed Revelations
(41)The Glaucous Corrosion
(42)Hyacintho Daemonium
(43)A Tanzanite Throne for my legacy
(44)Confessions of the Night sky
(45)Blue dusk
Epilogue
Azurian Threads- The Tales Book
Book Three
White Dawn

(2)Cyan Flavoured Desire

31.9K 1.5K 686
Por Devita33

Tis me Birthday bitchez... (^.*)
Enjoy one of my favourite chapters ever!

'This was utter heavenly anguish...'

Cyan Flavoured Desire

Alexus was right of course- my magic was back in full swing by the next sunrise.

I'd spent another night curled up in Thanatos' arms; the candles flickering on the bedside table as he read his thick, leather-bound book. Thanatos' eyes were almost vacant as they glided across the beige pages- his dark silhouette beautifully contrasting against the dancing flames.

We didn't really need to fill the silence with talking, it was comfortable enough as it was, and this strange new sense of ease we felt around each other was slowly chiselling away at our high walls.

I fell asleep relatively quickly, mainly from the exhaustion I still felt, but also because I felt so at peace next to him- his body heat radiating off in waves onto my skin. He'd stayed close to me the whole night after he'd returned home from a routine visit to Earth in the afternoon.

I frequently forgot that he was still very much in charge of who died and who didn't.

The thought of it made him even more intimidating than he looked- and he looked extremely intimidating...

But I liked it.

The next morning I woke up feeling refreshed and back to normal. The day of lounging in bed and resting up really had done me well, and most of my bruises were already healed. I was fortunate to have Hecate's healing ability, which had also been passed down to me, but according to Conrad, only until the goddess-ascension ceremony would I finally be in total control of all of her abilities and powers that had made her immortal.

Thus far, all I had was moderate better healing, the ability to understand and speak Latin and then my magic of course; which was growing stronger every day.

I woke up with rested eyes; Thanatos was right next to me- his beautiful tanned skin shimmering in the morning sun and his dark red eyes full of amusement at my bewilderment as I groggily sat up in the big bed.

"Good morning, my angel... Sleep well?"

I smiled and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands; "Morning. Not too badly, thanks. What did you do?"

Thanatos shrugged and stood up from the bed. I tried to push back the disappointment I felt as the heat from my side left, but then he was back- a big book in his hand.

I find men with stacks of books incredibly attractive, so naturally I swooned slightly as he ripped a hand through his thick hair and opened the book where he'd folded the tip of the page.

"I did some reading up on your little problem..."

I was momentarily confused by his words, but then my thoughts snapped back into place.

I'd been experiencing some very vivid and awfully frightening nightmares ever since I'd 'awoken' as Hecate's successor. I had divulged this information only to Thanatos because I knew I could trust him to keep it a secret, and because I knew he'd be able to help in some way.

We already established that the strange woman who was causing me pain in my dreams was Hecate- by some unknown and miraculous means. But other than that we were pretty much in the dark, and of course there was the fact that whenever I slept next to him, Hecate couldn't reach me for some mysterious reason?

And that irked her immensely.

The last time she'd tried to suck me into a bottomless pit.

"What did you find?"

I scooted closer to him to get a better look at the page; and possibly to retain some of his warmth again...

"This book was written by Astopus. He was a Greek mage in the 11th century. Here's a section on 'Ancestor recollection'."

I blinked- that sounded far too complicated on an empty stomach.

"If you look here," Thanatos said as he placed the book under my nose; his arm went up behind me as he placed his hand to steady himself next to my hip. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks; "He speaks of a kind of 'genetic influence or bond' that an ancestor can form with their descendent; given the ancestor makes certain provisions before their passing."

I tried to focus, but his face was too close.

"So this means...?"

I didn't bother thinking- I couldn't.

Thanatos- thank the gods he didn't look up and see me slobber all over him- paged over and furrowed his brows; "This could mean that you're the only thing keeping Hecate's psyche alive right now. You could be acting as her anchor of some sorts. But of course this is only one theory- I'd have to do some more research."

I honestly wasn't even listening; just watching his mouth move.

"I went through a third of my study last night, but nothing other than this looked promising enough. I'll tackle the other third tonight- perhaps if you'd like to help me later on we could get through mor-" He looked up then, his eyes landing on my face.

I must've looked drunk or besotted, because he immediately cut his words in half.

In an instant the 11th century book was flying across the room as Thanatos carelessly flipped it over his shoulder- his determined eyes on mine.

He lunged for my mouth.

I kissed him back hungrily as he pushed me into the bed; his dark, muscular figure planting itself firmly on mine.

Thanatos' one hand gripped my shoulder to push me into the mattress as his other hand cupped my chin and lifted it to gain easy access to my mouth. His fang nipped at my bottom lip- begging for entrance. I quickly stuck my tongue into his mouth before he could do the same. An impatient moan escaped his throat while his hips crushed against mine.

I raced my fingers through his bed-tousled hair. His minty musk filled my senses.

His lips ravaged mine for a few minutes, before he pulled back a bit to give me a fiery look that only made the fire inside me dance higher.

"How rude of me- I didn't even give you a proper 'good morning'. Let me make it up to you, beautiful."

I doubted I looked anything close to beautiful- with my hair all over my head and my breath probably smelling like Cerberus'- but the way he was looking at me made his words seem all the more true.

I smirked from under him and cocked my head to the side; "And how would you do that exactly?"

Thanatos grinned mischievously; "How about I draw us a bath?"

I flushed and rolled my eyes to hide my red tinted cheeks.

"Nice try, but I have class to attend, and you-" I said placing a finger onto his hard chest. I tried not to shudder from the sheer power underneath my fingertip; "-have a job to do. People aren't going to kill themselves- Oh. Wait, never mind..."

I grimaced as Thanatos chuckled at my words.

"Yes, yes... Overpopulation is a problem, but I'm sure it can wait a few hours. Not to mention, Conrad gave you-" Thanatos mimicked my action as he placed his finger onto my chest; deliberately positioning it in between my cleavage.

Clever man.

"-the rest of the week off."

"I feel fine." I said as I tried to pull his hand away, but he didn't budge; "I need to practice fire manipulation. It's really difficult and I-"

"Hush."

Thanatos' finger trailed a burning path up my chest to the side of my neck and all the way up to my eyes. I tried to stay focused on my training, but the thought was swiftly slipping.

Suddenly, his warm palm covered my vision.

Thanatos held onto my wrists to prevent me from prying his hand away from my eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Do you really think I would let you go back to practising magic before you're not fully recharged- and that in the place where you were nearly stabbed to death by a mythological assassin?"

"Alexus said they would put up a force field!"

"Yes, well not until I test it out are you allowed to set a foot outside of these palace walls- do you understand?"

I sighed and wriggled underneath him- sadly only afterwards realising that that probably wasn't the best idea.

"Yes, father."

Thanatos chuckled.

I couldn't see him, but I could feel the stubble on his chin tickle my jaw as he whispered in my ear; his voice low and seductive- "I didn't know you were into role playing?"

I scoffed and laughed, but his hands only tightened around mine.

"Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside that head of yours..."

"Oh," His voice was husky, "I don't think you want to know."

I could feel the heat rise up from my lower regions.

Suddenly, a pair of plump lips grazed mine.

A breathless sigh escaped my mouth as he continued to tease me with his soft lips tracing up and down across mine. As soon as I pursed my lips or tried to catch his, he'd quickly pull away and then lean in again to resume tracing tantalizing patterns across my mouth.

His hand over my eyes kept my head down so that I couldn't pull my face up to capture his lips with mine.

His growing need was hard against my inner thigh, but I was definitely in much more pain than him.

Thanatos' teasing was torture.

Without warning his tongue darted out and licked all across my plump bottom lip.

I moaned.

Thanatos' hand holding both of mine tightened and his breathing became shallow and low. He did the same with my top lip- taking his time to savour it with his cold tongue.

I parted my lips and tried not to gasp out loud as his tongue licked at the centre of my bottom lip. He bit down onto it, causing me to groan with both pain and pleasure.

This was utter heavenly anguish.

"What are you thinking right now?" My voice was unrecognisable- coarse and breathless.

"How I want nothing more than to just lock my door and throw away the key." His tongue was back- tracing a sweltering outline of my mouth; "And how I want to devour you whole."

I breathed in sharply.

"You're fucking mouth-watering." He whispered against my lips.

I made a whimpering sound as I tried to free my hands so I could tug him closer. I wanted to feel his lips on mine- enough of this torture- it was driving me mad.

"Do you want me?"

I swallowed hard.

Thanatos growled softly and bit onto my lip; tenderly nibbling on it; "I said- do you want me, Aurora?"

I nodded my head and tried to catch his lips with mine, but once again he saw my plan and moved out of the way just in time.

"Say it. I want you to say it."

I inhaled a shaky breath; "I want it."

"What do you want?"

Oh, he was enjoying this...

I was about to make a snarky comment and tell him to get off, but then his lips were back, pressing onto mine with deliberate slowness.
I caved.

"I want your lips."

"Where?"

"On mine..."

"And why should I give them to you?"

I groaned in frustration- this man was going to be the death of me!

"Because I asked nicely."

Thanatos chuckled; "Why do you want them?"

"Because... Because you taste so good."

This time he was the one to moan- I relished the sound. I felt immense satisfaction in knowing I could make him whimper like that; and only I.

"How good?"

"Thanatos..." I said with warning- I was the patient one here, but my patience was all out. I craved him; badly!

"Tell me, Aurora, my angel... How good do I taste?"

I knew exactly what he wanted to hear- I just didn't think my pride was that far gone.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak- his lips were unexpectedly back to tease me. I couldn't hold in my want any longer. I needed him, and he knew it!

I'm surprised he even had enough patience till this far...

"Thanatos..." I moaned out his name; "You taste so fucking good- I want you."

I hope no one other than him heard that, otherwise I have quite a lot of explaining to do.

But that didn't matter at the moment as a pair of hungry lips crashed onto mine with lightning speed.
As I suspected- his patience had snapped long before mine.

"Oh, yes!" Thanatos growled into my mouth as he did what he'd said he wanted to- he devoured me.

I shook my fingers as a sharp pain shot through them.

I'd been practicing my fire manipulation for the past few hours, and I was proud to say that it was going better than I'd hoped.

After our heated make-out session, Thanatos allowed me to leave his room- with the help of some mild persuasion, which might've involved me running my bare legs up and down the side of his body and bating my eyelashes until he caved.

I could still feel his tongue running up and down my lips...

As Conrad had mentioned to me before- the fire and water elements were mainly controlled through emotions, and for me to establish a good connection with either, I needed a strong source of stable emotion to fuel me on.

Anger was not an option though- I'd tested that when the Fury was lunging towards me with her sharp dagger. Needless to say- anger magnified my fire ability to ungodly heights. It was ridiculously dangerous.

So I needed a safer, more secure source.

And this was why I was looking partially dazed at the moment...

My new source was Thanatos- and the things he made me feel.

Whenever we touched, or kissed, or simply glanced at one another this fire deep inside of me would swell up and burst from within. All I needed to do was project this feeling of heat towards my fingertips and let it explode from there.

It was working brilliantly.

The only problem was that I felt particularly frustrated.

"That last one was the best thus far." Alexus said from behind me, her nose in a thick tome.

She'd offered to sit with me as I practised in my room. I welcomed the company.

"It's starting to feel more natural as well."

"That's good. You're making considerable progress."

I smiled and grabbed the glass of water next to her. I took a big gulp and sighed; the cold, refreshing liquid seeping down my dry throat. All this fire bending really left the room boiling hot.

"What are you reading?"

Alexus looked up, momentarily surprised that I'd moved noiselessly to peer over her shoulder.

"I'm doing some research for Hades. It's in connection with Hecate's death."

"Ah..." I pursed my lips and furrowed my brows. "When will I meet them? The gods?"

"Probably soon. They're quite eager to meet you."

"Really?" I said with excitement and sat down in the chair next to the honey blonde. She looked up and grinned at my huge smile.

"Well, of course. You're quite the talk of the town. Especially after they heard you roasted a Fury."

I chuckled. "Hmm... I hope they like me. I've never had to impress a pantheon of gods."

"They will. You managed to get me to like you, so that's the hardest part over and done with."

I laughed and smacked her shoulder; Alexus only tried to hide her sly smile as she focused on the book in front of her.

"Good gods, are you feeling okay? You just said you actually like me?"

"Shut up and continue with your practicing before I take it all back."

I winked and clasped my hands together. I gave a slight bow of my head; "Yes, master. Right away, master..."

Alexus rolled her dark hazel eyes and flicked her short hair behind her ear. I stood up and took my stance in the center of the large room.

"So how are things between you and Thanatos? Does he still bother you? I don't see his shadow anywhere..."

I extended my hands and inhaled a deep, steady breath.

"We're fine, I suppose. He said he had some business on Earth to take care of and his shadow needed to feed."

I slowly trailed a finger across the air- leaving a fiery trail behind. It flickered for a bit before disappearing with a puff of smoke.

"He's very protective of you. It's quite... strange."

I inhaled again and refocused my thoughts- the mere mention of him sending my fire hurtling out.

"Oh, I haven't noticed..."

I think even a blind man would be able to notice Thanatos' obsessive behaviour.

"Aurora, if he tries anything-"

"Yes, yes. I know. Relax, okay? I can handle myself. You have nothing to worry about."

Alexus was quiet.

I ripped a hand through the air creating a large rift of blazing fire that shot a pool of warmth onto my face. The fire burned so long as I kept my fingertips contracted in the air. I let them relax and watched as the beautiful spectacle faded with a grey smoke.

"So what's the secret to your new-found concentration?"

I paused; "I just focus on my loved ones; like my parents and my friends."

Alexus murmured in agreement; "That's a healthy source, you should hold onto that for when we start water training."

I nodded, but my thoughts were elsewhere as I ripped a band of speckled fiery stars across the room creating a cosmos of warmth and light.

I stepped through the small universe of galaxies I'd created- my eyes in awe by the power I held at the tips of my fingers. I reached out to touch a flaming star- it danced across my fingers and I scooped it up in my palm to have a closer look.

It didn't burn, but I could feel some heat radiate from it.

With one swift motion, I wiped my arm across the room and watched as the heavens dissolved into smoke. I inhaled a steady breath to try again- this time to make it bigger and grander.

My mind travelled to my source- my thoughts filling up with tantalising touches, drunken looks of lust and loud moans of unbridled pleasure.

This time I'd make the stars red, like eyes.

NEXT UPDATE- 27th of Jan

Thanks for all the love for the second book! You guys are amazing! Xx

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

52.6K 2.2K 33
[ time travel x greek mythology retelling with a twist ] Celena has always been a lover of books. As any sane bibliophile does, she wishes to escape...
251K 11K 44
love was never part of the plan. •[A Wattpad Romance, Dangerous Love, Urban Fantasy and YA Fantasy Featured Novel]• COMPLETED Book 1 in the Grey Sa...
356K 11.9K 44
Ariel Ripley has always believed that a cushy waitressing job in a dingy coffee shop, in a shitty small town would be all she was set up for in life...
590 53 18
This book is for all the girls who want to be an angel in the street but a hellion beneath the sheet. Prepared to be treated like a good girl, but fu...