Unique

By akshaya_x

Bess is a normal teen in the eyes of the commoners, but only does her mom know how special she really is. Bes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 10

2.1K 86 6
By akshaya_x

  Oh.  My.  God.

  This is way too much to take in.

  Too much.

  What is true and what is not, I don't know.

  "Haha that's not funny Owen" Alex breaks the 5-minute silence.

  "Because that's not a joke" Owen replies.

  I don't say anything. I just turn around and start walking.

  "Bess? Where are you going?" Alex asks from behind.

  I don't answer. I just keep walking. What else do I not know? What else did mom hide from me?

  Alex pulls me by my hand and makes me stop. "Bess! What are you doing?"

  "Nothing, just leave me alone for awhile"

  "What's the matter with you? This is nothing compared to anything you've heard before"

   "This has nothing to do with Briana and Kelsie being Krux. Believe me, I got more shocked when I got to know you're Trizex"

  "Then what is bothering you?"

  "I can't believe anything. Anything" I look to the sky. "My whole life's a lie! A WHOLE BIG LIE!"

   "Just because you didn't know some things doesn't mean your whole life's a lie!"

  "Stop lying again and again!"

  "I'm not!" He comes near and holds my shoulders. "Bess, look at me. It's okay, you'll get through this"

  "Alex, I want to be alone for awhile. It's a lot at once"

  "As you wish" He turns around slowly. "Just be careful"

  I nod.

  What else could be a lie? Maybe Amorie and Ethan are also Krux. Maybe the plastics are Trizex. Maybe... ugh. Why is this happening to me? I didn't do anything to deserve this.

  "Are you okay, Bess?"

  I turn around.

  "Uh ye-yes Aiden, what are you doing here?"

  "Just taking a stroll. What about you? You seem worried"

  "I just discovered that one of my friends is Krux"

  "Who?"

  "Briana, do you know her?"

  "I've heard about her" He replies. "But what's bothering you?"

  "Mom hid half my life from me" I sign. "I don't even know myself! I don't know what's true and what's false"

  "Maybe she did that for your own good" He tries to calm me down.

  "How does not knowing my life be of any good to me?"

  "Look, I don't know. But your mom sure did. She must have had some really good reason behind it"

  "That's what's bothering me! I want to know the reason! My father's death can't be the only reason for her to hide so much from me!"

  "Bess, cool down. I wish I could help you but I really can't" Then he changes the topic. "So did you find your room in the house?"

  "No, not yet. I got to"

  "Oh okay you better" He smiles. "Owen and I spent extra time making yours"

  "You shouldn't have" I manage to smile.

  "Now that's making me upset" He pouts. He's a cutie patootie.

  "Haha okay, your highness" I laugh. "Thank you"

  "Highness?" He asks confused.

  "Oh don't pretend" I narrow my eyes. "You can't hide anything from me"

  "Who told you?"

  "Mr. Forrester" I wink.

  "Oh that bastard"

  I  laugh.

  "Let's walk?" He asks.

  "Sure" I smile.

  We talk about random stuff and I tell him about the bits and pieces I know about my life.

  After two hours...

  "Wow, look at that!" Aiden says pointing.

  I look in that direction.

  "Wow! The sunset is so beautiful!" I say in awe. All the colours in perfect shades and proportion. Silhouttes of birds, plants and everything gives the place a whole new feeling.

  "BESS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

  We turn to see who's screaming.

  "Having a stroll with Aiden" I reply to Alex.

  "I was searching for you every where! Why can't you tell me where you go?" He's irritated and concerned.

  Does he care about me? Why is he acting so... maybe he's doing this to protect me, probably.

  "Why do I have to tell you?" I say stubbornly. I remember what he told me, that he's just my friend.

  "Bess why are you being so rude? I'm just trying to protect you"

  "Thanks, but I'm not walking around on my own" I say rudely. "Aiden's with me"

  Alex's face falls. "Your right, sorry for the disturbance" And he walks back.

  I feel a lump in my throat. I know that that was really very rude. I want to run behind him and apologize but I have to be strong. I don't want to break down again.

  "Um" Aiden breaks the silence.

  "What?" I ask rudely again.

  "Nothing"

  "Can you take me back?" I request. I'm not a very strong person, and the latest events have made me weaker. I need some time alone.

  "Sure" He smiles and takes me back to my new house.

  He makes the house visible and I open the door to get in.

  The house looks really beautiful. The walls are filled with paintings of different kinds of bolts. A giant chandelier hangs from the ceiling. I scan the hall and see Kelsie, Kayla and Owen sitting on the couch.

  "Oh hi dear!" Kelsie exclaims.

  Is Briana also here?

  "Hi" I say tonelessly.

  "I got to know about your mom, Bess" Kelsie lowers her head in shame. "I'm so sorry. I should have come for aid. I was bought here to protect you, but I failed. Failed miserably. Please forgive me, I'm so sorry"

  "How did you not know when so much was going on? I bet it was loud enough to be heard miles away" I try controlling my tears.

  "If that's the case, then the humans would have definitely heard right?" She looks at me with tears in her eyes."Owen told me that the Trizex you killed had soundraw, he could control sound. He made a sound barrier around your house, that's why nobody could hear. I would have definitely come otherwise, Bess your mother was my best friend"

  "Kelsie, I understand" I say sadly.

   I take deep breaths and try to calm down.

  "Where's Briana?" I ask.

  "She's at home, checking for any traces you left behind"

  "Oh" I say. I still can't believe Briana's Krux.

  "Um... I'll show Bess her room" Aiden says after a few seconds.

  "Yes, you should. She must be very tired after all that's happened" Kelsie says.

  Aiden takes me up the stairs. When I reach the top, I see a very big corridor. Wonder how big this house is.

  We go straight and take the second right. I see a door, beautifully carved with the elements.

  "This is it" Aiden points.

  "Oh" I stare at it. I try to push open the door since there aren't any door knobs. "It's not opening" I complain.

  "That's because it's special" He smirks. "We spent extra time making it, remember?"

  "Ohh yeah" I realize. "So how do we open it?"

  "Not we, just you" He grins. "Do you see your name there?" He points.

  I try to find my name in the confusing design.

  "I can't find it! Where is it?" I start getting irritated after sometime.

  "Look where I'm pointing!" He insists.

  "What do you think I'm doing?!" I reply irritatedly. He should know how bad I am at finding stuff!

  "Argh!" He goes near the door and touches some... "There, do you see it now?"

  I go near the door and stare at it. "That's not how you write English. Why are there so many curves and designs on it?" I complain.

  "Oh accept it, you couldn't find it" He laughs.

  "Whatever" I scoff.

  "Now place your hand on your name and heat it"

  "What? How do I do that?" I ask confused.

  "You can draw any bolt remember? Now draw a fire bolt" He orders. How dare he order the princess?

  "But I don't know how to!" I complain.

  "Then try! How did you do it that day?"

  "I said I don't know!"

  He facepalms. "Guess I'll just fix a doorknob here. You need to learn to control your powers properly. Have you never had training?"

  "What training?" I ask confused.

  "Every Krux trains to master his or her power. They start when they're about six or seven years old, because that's when their powers start to emerge. You probably didn't because your mom wanted to protect you"

  "How come I can draw any bolt?" I ask curiously.

  "Because you are unique" He winks. "We'll start your training tomorrow"

▂▂

Author's Note:

Hola amigos! Haha trying to learn Spanish. ^.^ My exams just got over today and I'm chilling in my snuggie yay =) 

Your support means the world to me! Thank you sooo much! I love you guys! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 117 34
You know, We usually thought that we're okay. I mean living a happy normal life with everything just right. But what happens if you got a "talent" th...
3M 136K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
491 84 20
~ Please read this book. It is an original book by myself for the Wattys2015 and I promise you won't regret looking at this. Just so you all know, I...