carnations ≼ ≼ remus lupin ✔

By kariyus-

"One frog's tail, a rabbit's tears. I don't get what seems to be so wrong?" his friendly smile blinded her br... More

[I N T R O]
[ d e t a i l s ]
[ 0.0 ]
[ 0.1 ]
[ 0.3 ]
[ 0.4 ]
[ 0.5 ]
[ 0.6 ]
[ 0.7 ]
[ 0.8 ]
[ 0.9 ]
[ 0.10 ]
[ 0.11 ]
[ 0.12 ]
[ 0.13 ]
[ 0.14 ]
[ 0.15 ]
[ 0.16 ]

[ 0.2 ]

693 27 7
By kariyus-

"... i didn't fall in love of course
it's never up to you
but she was walking back and forth
and i was passing through"

▲ △ ▼ ▽

R E M U S :

Today he would talk to Mabel. Today he would try to see himself as Remus Lupin and not as one of his friends. He knew his friends cared for him - someway, and he knew they were looking out for him. But, this time, Lily was right, he had to be himself. He couldn't be another Sirius, he was too sensitive. He couldn't be another James, he wasn't so funny.

But he could be the perfect Remus.

Oh Mabel, the things you did to his heart. You made him smile just a little wider, you made him stutter in his speech and you made him waltz around in his room. The seventeen year old was a complete love-mess for her and no one in the world could tell him otherwise. He was going to date Mabel Mogs, he was going to marry her, and he was going to live happily ever after with her. At least that's what he thought.

He had woken up with an extra pinch of energy. He did his hair for once, he brushed his teeth twice and sprayed on even more cologne than usual. If he was honest? He'd say he'd look like a million pounds. A model, pretty much. He ate at the Great Hall with everyone else and he hadn't even bothered to take a look and find Mabel. Instead he kept to himself and his friends.

As soon as breakfast was done, he had rushed to Potions class. Not even then did her bother to spot her - he knew she'd be there. Remus opened his book and worked through the many scribbles  until he found the correct page to follow for today's material. Remus loved Slughorn's class, he loved the way he could learn useless things and get graded for it. He loved just how close he could be to Mabel.

But somehow things had fallen out of his grip today. Mabel wasn't around. His friends had obviously heard the news way before Remus did and they had been battling all of class to decide which was going to tell Remus. Neither wanted to see the heartbreak in his eyes, or the possible fit of rage that could come out of nowhere for Remus. It was a very sensitive topic and at last, it was Sirius who lost the last task, therefore being picked to deliver the news to Remus.

Professor Slughorn announced that his students disperse and partner up to play with the potions textbooks - of course his kind of "toying around" did not include the whole sentiment of "fun", for they could not use any of the dangerous, difficult spells. Remus smiled to himself hearing the groans and complaining from his two friends, "Well, mates, I have a job to do," he announced standing up on his feet while he grabbed his materials.

James looked almost startled, "Wait, Moony, don't you wanna wait a bit-"

'"Wait? Sorry boys, I can't. Not anymo-"

"Oh, come on! Play hard to get" Sirius scoffed, "The whole school already knows you got it for Mobs. Why not play it cool for a bit?"

Remus watched his two friends with a confused expression, "Are you two alright?"

Sirius and James looked at each other, nodding before lookng up at Remus, "O-Of course!"

"Psh.."

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" James chuckled before his fist connected with Sirius' abdominal area.

"I don't know. You're being too nice to me today," he thought for another second, "Okay, well. See ya." he saluted to his two friends before walking to the table he knew Mabel would typically work at.

Instead..

When he got there it wasn't Mabel he saw, but yet another girl. She was alone, her face so close to the book as she mouthed the words there. He excused himself after taking a look around. Mabel wasn't around. He managed to ask the girl if she was alone, perhaps if she needed a partner.

And there it was. The second she looked at him he froze. His insides froze and he was left speechless for half of a second which seemed to be an eternity. She was beautiful. Her tanned skin glowed like a sheet of gold, her dark eyes were safe skies to look into as you waited for the shooting star to pass on by. Her smile was breathtakingly sweet, her cheeks so round incapable of flaws. Who was she? Why hadn't he seen her before? Where had life been hiding her?

Suddenly it was like he forgot Mabel Mobs existed. She spoke to him like they had been friends. She wasn't bothered by his presence, he wasn't bothered by hers either. If anything she enticed him and he wanted to get closer to her, but then again doing that didn't really work well for him.

She accepted to work with him, and they picked the most random spell - it was a blushing potion. Weird thing to pick, but obviously she didn't know what to do - perhaps she too was left hanging. When she excused herself Sirius came around to inform him of what happened to Mabel. He was extremely worried, but somehow not so affected which had probably shocked Sirius. Deep down there was a little Remus losing his mind. Screaming and fighting anyone who had harmed Mabel. But, not on the surface. Then again, obviously that would go away the moment he laid eyes on Alena upon return.

"Damn it, Sirius," Remus muttered to himself the second Sirius showed off his famous 'trouble' smirk before he left.

"I'm extremely sorry. Sirius is quite the character - he umm.. he thinks he knows a lot," he said as she rested the jars down. She was probably too focused on opening them.

"Let me," he offered her a smile when he grabbed onto one and had it open in a second. Werewolf strength wasn't such a curse after all.

The two quickly got to work and he observed as Alena - as she had introduced herself earlier- worked through the instructions. When she looked down at the inactive potion she frowned. He inched closer to look at the page, "Carnations."

"Carnations?", she asked confused. He chuckled, "Yes. You forgot them. It's kind of the secret ingredient."

His fingers pointed at the cabinet of ingredients opening the doors and receiving the jar in which opened and he could retrieve what he needed, "After all, how can you really give your cheeks or your skin that beautiful red shimmer?" he picked the brightest ones he could find and rested it inside the bowl.

"Give that a mix," he saw the look on her face and he chuckled a bit. The way those dark eyes narrowed down on him made him shiver. He felt a wave of warmth run down his veins and arteries to fill him with this new sensation. Something he hadn't experienced with Mabel before.

Alena shook her head and mixed in the ingredients, "If this works, will you drink it?" the brunette smiled her own hue of pink showing in the skin of her cheeks.

"Um, I don't really think that would fit such a person like myself," he chuckled slightly making the ever so clever Alena smile, "I mean, red already suits you. Why don't you try?"

Alena took one look at Remus. Her gentle smile turned into a smirk, "I have an idea," she glanced at his two friends, "How about you give it to one of them?"

Remus' jaw dropped. He wanted to erase that idea from her head completely, obviously she didn't know what would happen to him if he even dared goof around with his friends, "I don't think that would be appropriate."

"Oh, come on. I mean, I bet you they would look rather handsome in red," she giggled.

Oh, the wit. The wit of a good Ravenclaw girl. He admired that. Half of him would love to see her do that, half of him wanted to do it, "Sirius will destroy me."

Alena laughed. "I'll blame it on someone else?"

Remus sighed giving up, "Well, I mean, if you want we can put that to better use," goodness Remus. Since when were you into causing trouble?

Alena's face seemed to light up, "Really? How?"

Remus chuckled. It wasn't a genuine chuckle, he had to force it out because he was nervous. He was anxious. He didn't want to do anything that would bring trouble of both of their shoulders, "Pour some into this bottle and I'll let the boys and you discuss what to do with it," he rubbed his neck, "I-I-I have a place to be afterwards."

"Oh..."

There was silence between the two. Oh, for Merlin's sake, Remus say something. He was locking up now. The pressure was rising, "Bu-bu-but if you'd like we could um, do something?"

Alena stopped stirring and didn't even do as he asked. He saw a whole different look on her face. Way to go, Remus. He cleared his throat, "I guess not."

"No. I just remembered I have to catch up on History homework." she said firmly, "Thanks for working with me though."

Remus blinked. Was this it? Had he screwed this up so bad? Had he been Remus a little too much? He ran a hand through his hair and nodded, "Of course. I mean, anytime right?"

Alena nodded, "Of course."

"Alena! Oh Merlin!" the pitchy voice made both Remus and Alena look in the direction it was coming from. The blonde girl reminded him of Mabel... He should go and see her after class. After all he still cared about her and it would be unfair of him to just leave her there alone.

"Well, I have to go, okay? Thanks again," Alena excused herself and sauntered off leaving Remus there staring at the empty space on the table, "Goodbye?"

Slughorn dismissed his class not too long after that. Remus had remained unmoved, completely still trying to understand exactly what had happened but no answer he came up with made sense to him.

"Hey Moony! You coming?" he heard his friend Sirius call for him. His brown eyes lifted from the table and as he gathered his materials he nodded, "Yes. One second." he took one more second to look for Alena, she was gone.

"Come along then, you know how long the line gets to visit someone like Mabel," he chuckled, "Unless plans have changed?"

Remus shook his head, "Shut up," he sighed following his two friends out of the classroom, "Don't start."

"Well, Moony. Were you going to introduce us?" James asked with an offended expression, "I am surprised you even looked at another girl who wasn't Mabel."

"Well, I did - and I shouldn't have. Obviously I'm nothing but a screw up. I should probably give up on Mabel too. I mean I bet you she's seen about 50 other guys today." Remus frowned hiding one of his hands in his pockets.

"Wow, where did that attitude come from, Moony?" Sirius wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "Come on, I think you need a little Mabel fun-"

"Sirius, I don't think I want to see Mabel." Remus shocked his two friends actually having them stop in their tracks.

"What did you say?" James gasped.

"James, I think he said he doesn't want to see beautiful-oh-so-lovely Mabel," both the boys placed their hands across their chests.

"The heartache!" James cried.

"The pain!" Sirius joined making Remus roll his eyes. Why did that Alena girl bother him so much? Was it the way her brown eyes that were once so bright looked so dark? Or was it the way she had completely changed how he felt and then left him hanging like he was nothing?

"You guys are so stupid," Remus muttered as he continued walking.

"Oh, come on! It can't be that bad! You just met the girl, Remus."

"But you don't fall in love at first glance with just anybody," he spoke to himself.

At least that's what he was feeling now. And he had screwed it all up.

▲ △ ▼ ▽

- here is your second chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed it even though it was probably a big piece of scheisse. Anyways, will be updating this soon hopefully. See you guys soon x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 145 11
❝ 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋? ❞ ― 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗌, 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂...
6K 272 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
185K 4.1K 21
"Bloody hell," whispers James. "I don't think I've ever seen that before." All I can do is stare blankly at him. "she was just so nice about it..." ...
683K 23.2K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...