An Interracial Story: Jungle...

By loveleetee

Jaida Williams becomes a secretary after graduating from college. But working at Royson & Manning is no walk... More

An Interracial Story: Jungle Fever
Chapter Two: Satisfied
Chapter Three: All you'll ever be..
Chapter Four: Souled
Chapter Five: You're Back?
Chapter Six: Seduction.
Chapter Seven: Last Try
Chapter Eight: Life Stresses
Chapter Nine: Mad BLACK Woman
Chapter Ten: W H O R E
Chapter Eleven: A Great Thing
Chapter Twelve: indecisive
Chapter Fourteen: I need you..
Chapter Fifteen: Worth it
Chapter Sixteen: New Chocolate
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Untitled Part 18
Chapter 19: Old Me
Chapter 20: The Proposition

Chapter 13: Give up

18.6K 861 154
By loveleetee

KELSON

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'd prefer to talk about this in private." She said.

I walked from Kamilla's door went into my own room. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched as she entered the room. Bruises covered her wrist and upper arms, andas much as I wanted to rub it in her face, I couldn't.

She shut my door and leaned against it, "I bet you're happy to see me like this huh?"

"Surprised to say the least." I said nonchalantly.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I was coming from the bank after making a large withdraw of the last 5 million. I was going to use it, but I didn't want the bank to hold it because I felt like everytime I went into my account money was missing." She explained.

"Maybe you were spending it on pointless shoes and clothes." I said.

"I know I did. But regardless, I had just gotten into an argument with Jack in the morning. I had asked him for some money cause the chump change you gave me was running out and he said 'No.' When I went back to seduce him into giving me money he saw some of the money in my purse, calling me a gold digger and just like his wives before he lost it on me." Her voice cracked as her body shook in sobs, "He hit me like some kind of man."

I found it hard to feel bad for her after that story. But, I was against hitting woman and after being with someone for so long, you cant help but feel some form of compassion. She slid down and sat on the floor and cried into her hands.

I sighed and got up to console her. "Im really sorry that happened to you, Bella. But I don't know what you want me to do." I said as I sat next to her.

Yeah,  I hated Jack for my own personal reasons but I had Jaida and Kamilla, I wasn't risking my freedom for Bella if she thought I would be the one to retaliate for her.

"Just hold me." She replied instead.

My eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"Please." She pleaded.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her allowing her to cry into my chest. Hours later she laid asleep in my bed, her body tightly clinging to mine. I desperately wanted to get up and leave because I felt like I was doing something wrong. I know Jaida and I aren't together exclusively but I loved her and I didn't want Bella to give her the wrong idea. I fell asleep a few moments later. 

 But when I got up, there was only one thing on my mind, making it clear to Bella that I was happy without her. I showered and brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. Bella still laid asleep, and as much as I wasnt fond of her, I didn't disturb her slumber.

I started on breakfast as my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning." I heard Jaida's soft voice say through the phone. I couldn't help but smile.

"And for what reason am I, receiving a call from the great Jaida?" I joked with a hint of truth.   Jaida never called me anymore, I always had to call her first.

"Well.." she laughed, "I was just wondering if..."

"Goood morning, Kelson!" Bella's loud voice overpowered Jaida's.

"Wondering what?" I asked her.

"Um, never mind. You seem busy anyways. Bye Kelson." The disappointment and sadness was written all in her voice.

"No, Jaida I-" She hung up before I could even finish.

I tried to call her back but she didn't answer.

"Still chasing that little girl, huh?" Bella scoffed, "When will you accept that some little 21 year old won't be able to take care of a grown man."

"She's certainly doing a better job than you. Bella, you can't stay here. I'm currently quite happy. Im sorry about what happened to you but I have other things that need to be taken care of in my life." I said.

"Like Jaida? Look Kelson, I know I haven't been the best to you recently but I want to change and be better for you." She said, as genuine as it may sound, I wasn't buying it.

"I've got better for me already. Be better for you, Bella. Finish up your own breakfast and Lala will let you out." I said before grabbing my car keys and leaving.   

JAIDA 

Just when I thought I was ready to take a chance with Kelson, I hear a woman in his house and I knew it wasn't Kamilla. I was disappointed but, more in myself for getting my own hopes up. I heard a knock on the door, and I already knew who it was.

I slid off my bed and opened the door to meet Kelson's piercing grey eyes.

"What?" I said rudely.

"It's not what you think." He said.

"It never is, Kelson." I sighed and walked back to my room, getting back into my bed.

He followed close behind and sat on the edge. I turned so my back was facing him and wrapped my leg around my body pillow.

"Jaida-"

"What was she doing there?" I cut him off, I didn't want any big explanation.I just wanted to know the facts.

"Bella but-"

"You want her back? Did you sleep with her?" I asked,  cutting him off again.

I couldn't even look at him, even though I was asking the questions, I still feared the answers.

"No and yes, but not the way you think." He said.

"What the fuck do you mean?!" I jumped up and yelled. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I felt myself get hot with anger.

"The nerve of you! The nerve of you to come in here after being with her and act like nothing happened! I know her, she is sneaky and spiteful! And you-" His lips roughly pressed against mine, interrupting my rant.

I tried to push him off so I could continue to express my anger but my body melted into his as he slid his tongue between my lips. My mind wanted to stop, but my heart missed his touch. He laid me back on the bed and rested his body between my legs, using his arms to hold himself up. My heart raced in my chest as I felt his cold hands touch my bare thigh in a hard grip.

I moaned softly against his lips. Just as I was fully ready for whatever this lead to, he pulled away.

"No." I whined as I tried to pull his lips back down to mine.

He smirked and grabbed my hands pinning them above my head. "Relax." He chuckled in a low tone. His deep voice sent vibrations down my spine straight to my core.

I sighed realizing that I wasn't about to get what I deeply desired.

"Are you ready to listen?" He asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I went home and she was there. She had gotten beat up by Jack. She looked pretty banged up so I allowed her to stay the night. Yes, I slept in the same bed as her but I did not, I repeat, did not have sex with her. This morning, yes it was her you heard. But, I have done nothing with that woman and I told her to leave." He explained.

"But, why'd you have to sleep with her?" I asked and pouted.

"Jaaida." He whined my name.

"What?" I asked.

"That's all you got from everything I just said?!" He asked, sounding irritated.

"It just bothers me that she still has that opportunity to get so close to you." I explained.

"Not as close as you can get." He smiled and kissed me. I bit his bottom lip as he pulled away.

"Dont start unless you intend to finish." I warned him.

"Not today, baby. I've got some things to do. I just wanted to make sure we were okay first." He told me.

"A quickie?" I asked, biting my bottom lip as I grinded my hips against him.

He released one of my hands and held my hips down.

"No, Jaida." He laughed.

I whimpered and sighed, "Fine. Be like that." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you later." He smiled and kissed my cheek before getting off of me.

"Bye." I sighed.

I didn't know what we were but I was comfortable with where we were headed. I still was cautious, I didn't trust Kelson with her and I definitely didn't trust her with him. But, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

KELSON 
The first stop on my list was looking at this new space, I wanted to check out. It wasn’t too far from my old office, which was a plus in my opinion, because I wanted to be in the middle of the business district. My money was slowly running out, and I knew the few thousands I was left with wouldn’t last forever and at this point, I had to reassure that Kamilla and myself had a roof over our heads, and if Jaida was willing she too could live with me. I wanted to buy a home for all of us, but I currently didn’t have the means.

Entrepreneuring was all I knew, and it was all I intended to do. I pulled up to the building that was only 8 stories high, but that was all I needed. I stepped out of my car, and my realtor was already waiting. “Glad to see you back on your feet, Mr. Manning.” He said. 

“You know I don’t stay down for long, Dan. But less talking, more showing. I’m anxious.” I told him.

“Gotcha.” He opened the double doors, and let us in. 

He flicked on the lights displaying an empty space, that was finished, but lacked furniture.

“Very open concept. There are 2 elevators for convenience, as well as 2 staircases. Solid oak hardwood floors. The other levels are carpeted, and bigger than this space. Shall we?” He asked. 

I nodded and followed him into the staircase to view the second floor. It was nice as well, big glass windows covering most walls, nice carpeted floors, enough room to fit 30-40 work stations. As I looked at each level, my vision became to come to life within my mind.

I especially loved the top floor, where my office would be. There were two large private offices, a perfect place for a 2 secretaries and a waiting area. Not as big as the other floors, but big enough to serve it’s purpose. 

“So, how much are we talking, Dan?” I asked as we stepped outside of the building. 

“Basically, it would be $5,000 a month to rent. Plus utilities, but if you were to buy the whole lot we’re talking about $150,000.” He said. 

“Damn.” I said under my breath. 

“It’s a really good deal, really nice area. People are really dying to get this spot, so if you want it, I think you should act on it as soon as possible.” 

I nodded, “Thanks. I’ll get back to you in 24 hours.” 

I got into my car, and drove back to my home. I stopped to get some chinese food for Lala and I before returning back into our home. It was quiet inside, as I placed the brown bag on the counter. 

“Kamilla!” I yelled her name. 

“Yes, daddy!” She yelled as she came down the stairs.

“Where’s your mother?” I asked her.

“She left...saying you told her to get out knowing she has nowhere to go. Why would you do that?” She asked. 

“Kamilla, you know the kind of person your mother is. I’m not trying to be in another relationship with her. I really just want to move on and better our lives. I don’t see her in my future. I have no problem with you interacting with her, she’s still your mother, but as for me..I just want to stay away from her. Focus on Jaida, my child, and getting my new business started in order to better our lives.”  I told her. 

She nodded in understanding. “I guess, I get it. I mean..she’s not the best person, but she’s still my mom..that’s why I care about her, cause I know she has issues and I don’t want to just turn my back on her, sometimes it feels like you did.” She said. 

“I didn’t turn my back on her, and if I did, it’s because she made me. I don’t really want to discuss this any further. I brought food, help yourself, I’m going to go shower.” I said and headed upstairs. 

As the warm water hit my skin, I thought about where I imagined my life heading, and I prayed that Bella didn’t do anything to interfere with it.

But then it hit me, no matter what I did, my baby would never be the same, and that was one thing I couldn’t avoid. But, hopefully, I could make her happy with everything that I was prepared to do, and God willing, whatever was wrong with my baby wouldn’t be too severe, or anything I couldn’t handle. 

JAIDA

I had an appointment the next day, and I was nervous, excited and scared. For some reason, whenever I had to do anything that had to do with the baby I got sad. It was just depressing that simple mistakes could ruin someone’s life forever. Kelson had agreed to come with me, which made me feel a little bit better, but still my confidence was low. He nudge me a bit as we drove. 

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Mhm.” I nodded. “Just nervous.” 

“Everything will be alright.” He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as we pulled into the Doctor’s office parking lot. 

He helped me out of the car and we walked with our fingers intertwined. I couldn’t stop shaking as I thought about what I was going to hear. It was one of those things you need to know, but desperately wanted to ignore it all together. 

“Hello, Jaida” She said and smiled,  “Mr. Manning.” The receptionist greeted us as we walked in, she shamelessly flirted with Kelson right in front of me, but I didn’t care, because I knew that Kelson was mine. 

“Hey Laraine, is doctor Reynolds ready for me?” I asked. 

“Yeah, straight down the hall.” She said. 

We walked down the white hallways and every step felt like I was closer to something horrible. I walked into the room and waited patiently for my doctor to come inside. 

“Hey Jaida.” He smiled as he looked up from his clipboard. He was small, white, Jewish man. His hair was jet black and he had a bald spot in the center of his head. 

“Hi, doctor. I’m doing good, nervous.” I smiled.

“I’m sure everything will be alright, have you felt any movements recently?” He asked.

“Yeah. The baby has been kicking, and moving around a lot more lately.” I told him. 

“A moving baby is a happy baby.” He smiled, “Now please, lay down on your back and raise your shirt so we can get a better look.” He said as he turned down the lights. 

I lifted my shirt over my slightly round belly, I felt the cool gel on my stomach as he turned on the ultrasound machine. He moved the small rod over my stomach and we heard a small heart beat. 

“Ahh, you hear that?” He asked. 

I nodded as my eyes started to water. Kelson held my hand and kissed my cheek. 

“The baby is really small, but, he or she seems to be really pulling through considering the circumstances.” He said. 

“Look at it, baby.” Kelson said, noticing I didn’t even glance at the screen.

I closed my eyes, allowing the tears to fall as I shook my head. 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. 

I shook my head as I wiped my eyes, “Nothing. I’m fine. I’m just ready to leave.” 

He sighed and looked at the doctor, who shut off the machine. 

“Would you like pictures?” He asked. 

“I would.” Kelson answered. 

“I’ll get those for you.” He answered as he wiped the gel off my stomach. 

I sat up as my doctor printed the photos and handed them to Kelson. 

“Maybe she’ll want to see it later.” He shrugged. 

“Considering everything you’ve been through, it’s understandable that you’re not too excited about this, but pregnancy is a beautiful thing, and being sad can affect your baby in a negative way. Now, I suggest you try to stay positive and don’t give up on your child, because your child certainly hasn’t given up on you.” Doctor Reynolds said.

VOTE, COMMENT & FAN..
Thanks for the unconditional support considering my updates have been so slow. But I did get my laptop back, so hopefully no other issues with it occur and I can update more. With school it gets hard, but I'll do my best. Thank you guys for supporting me, I've gotten a lot of negative comments as far as this book goes, and I honestly wanted to just end it, because it gets annoying more than anything, but, because I see those of you who still enjoy and continue giving me love and positivity, I chose to continue..so thanks a ton.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 164 26
just read. I'm not really good at writing these. contains explicit content.
61.8K 835 48
At 19 years old Jaida Williams never expected to become a single mother still going to university trying to make something of herself to prove all he...
486 16 5
Sognia Jabri is 20 years young in her Junior year of college and it's the last place she wants to be. As a dancer and aspiring fashion designer, her...
112 9 9
This story is mostly about Y/N being new to college life (there's barely anything about college in this story) +love of a chubby WOC (african america...