Living With Damon and Stefan

By Dark-Violet

Marni is 14. She lives with Damon and Stefan Salvatore in the Salvatore bording house. She also has powers; s... More

Rude Awakening
Mystic Grill
Elena Gilbert
The Plan
History Lesson
School
Road Trip
Crystals
Necromancer Crystal
Book of Crystals
The Game
Bonnie
Intense Stares
Jonathan Gilberts Journal
The Man In The Mirror
Shadow
Harsh Words
Flashback
What Are You?
Visitor
Warp Crystal
Feelings
Shock News
Jumping Out Windows
The Secret
Shattered Glass
Finding Out
Birthday
Surprise Party
The Kiss
Holding Hands
Opening The Tomb
Emotions
Alaric Saltzman
Legend
Sleepover
Torture
The Really Bad Problem
Worrying
The Battle
Beverly Hills
The Concert
The Moonstone
Mason Lockwood
Masquerade Ball
Elijah
Family Barbeque
The Argument
The Halloween Party
Reunion
The Haunting
The Warning
The Epic Battle
The Beach
Running Down The Street In Underwear
First Sight
The Body Swap
The Reason Why Knocking Was Invented
The Risk Of Sounding Jealous
Failing To Notice Something Important
Getting Distracted By Dandelions
Finding Floors Comfortable
Tomato Juice And Garlic Paste
Ice Cream, P.J's, And Damon
Evil People Chasing Bunnies
Goats And Hating Men
The Runaway
Unwanted, Annoying Dreams
Toothbrushes, Puppets and Haircuts
Awkward Moments And Apologies
No Longer Friends
Hangovers And Rainy Days
Sock Wearing Pineapples
This Coffee Is Not For You
Pillow Eating Dinosaurs
Piano!
Feeding The Cat
The Dandelion Throwing Lamps
People Actually Use Toilet Paper? Ew.
Sniffing Random Peoples Hair
Fluffy Refridgeraters That Sing
Super Ninja Monkeys! And Shane Dawson!
Teletubbies Rock!
The Naked Shoe Box Lover
Potatoes Have Feelings Too!
Hugging Pens With Eyeballs
The Cute Washing Machine And Dimples
The Day The Sharpener Coughed
Marshmellow Covered Coat-Hangers
Mating With Butterflies
Lamp Posts Are Nice Triangles
Le Flying Taco Mafia
The Bookcase That Sniffs Potato Salad
Exploding Donuts and Lentils
The Umbrella Shaped Box
Throwing Paper At Harold
Salt & Pepper Pencil Baskets
Lettuce Leaf!
Oh, You Like Chirping? Too Bad.

The Chocolate That Eats Stockings

64.6K 591 165
By Dark-Violet

I woke to the sound of voices. Opening my eyes, I discovered that I was lying on a couch of some sort. The room I was in had red walls, and the floor was made of dark wood. I was the only one in here, but I could hear people talking in the next room. I frowned, not knowing where I was. What had happened? I remember being at Emma's and then... Oh yeah. I got kidnapped and almost killed three Originals. Good times.

I stood up and a throbbing pain in my head made its self known. Stretching, I made my way to the door and opened it. I entered into the familiar surroundings of Gloria's bar. Klaus and Gloria were in the midst of a conversation, and both looked up when I walked in.

"Ah, sleeping beauty awakes," Klaus grinned.

"Where's Elijah and Rebekah?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Rebekah's probably draining the blood of some sad, lonely bastard, and Elijah-" Klaus cut of and tilted his head. "Elijah is about to walk through the door."

As if on cue, the Original with the coolest hair ever walked in. He looked at me and nodded.

"So she finally woke up then?" he asked.

"About two minutes ago," Klaus replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "How long have I been out?"

"Two days, give or take," Klaus shrugged.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Two days?"

"The spell you did took a lot out of you," Elijah said. "You used a lot of magic."

"Oh yeah," I murmured. "Sorry about that."

"Oh come on love," Klaus smirked. "Don't beat yourself up about it."

I was about to reply, but the door opened and Rebekah stormed into the room.

"Men these days!" she complained with disgust. "They have no respect what so ever! What happened to manners?"

"Well, most men are arrogant asses these days," I commented. I looked at Klaus. "Not mentioning any names."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm starting to see that," Rebekah muttered. "I wish for the old days when men were chivalrous."

I smiled slightly as I remembered the first time I'd met Damon and Stefan. Stefan had been a bit shy, yet polite, and Damon had managed to get me under his charm within five minutes. I sighed sadly as nostalgia filled me. I missed them terribly.

"Marni?"

"Huh?" I snapped my head up and looked at Elijah, who had said my name.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine," I reassured him. "Just distracted, that's all." I looked at Klaus. "I forgot to ask, did you find that necklace?"

"No," Gloria answered. "I couldn't get a hit on it. And the fact that I don't have a connection to it doesn't help."

"Use me," Rebekah said suddenly.

Klaus and I raised eyebrows in unison.

"Well, I only wore the thing for a thousand years," she stated.

I thought about it for a moment.

"She has a point," I shrugged.

"Let's give it a try," Gloria sighed.

Rebekah walked over to the bar and pulled herself up, next to where Gloria was sitting on a stool. Gloria grabbed her hand and closed her eyes, focussing. I walked over to a table and pulled up a chair beside Klaus, watching with curiosity.

"Nothing," Gloria said after a moment, opening her eyes. "I'm not getting anything."

Klaus let his head drop back and made an irritated sound. I sighed, and then looked up.

"Maybe if I give it a try," I murmured.

With questioning eyes following me, I got out of my chair and made my way over to Rebekah. I took hold of her hand and took a deep breath, closing my eyes. I focussed souly on the necklace, even though I had no idea what it looked like.

Nothing was happening, and I was about to give up, but then it hit me. An image. It was like I was watching a movie. I was in the familiar surroundings of Caroline Forbes' bedroom. She, Bonnie and Elena were sitting on her bed, laughing. On Elena's neck I noticed a necklace. It was the same one that Stefan had given her. He had placed vervain in it so she would be protected from compulsion. Shock coursed through me as I realised that this was the same necklace Klaus was looking for.

My eyes snapped opened and I pulled my hand back. I hardly noticed that I had taken a few steps back.

"What?" Klaus asked. "What did you see?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but I wasn't sure how to. I didn't want to tell Klaus that Elena had it, because that would mean a bloodbath. But if I could help Klaus figure out a way to break the curse, I would be able to go home, and to do that we needed to talk to the Original witch. So I did what Stefan would do. Come up with a solution that resulted in no violence.

"Nothing," I lied. Klaus' gaze grew suspicious, and I spoke before he could. "But I did get an idea."

"I'm all ears," he said.

"What if we don't need the necklace?" I asked.

"That wouldn't work," Gloria argued. "To contact the Original witch, we need a talisman that connects to her."

"I know," I stated. "But what if I could contact her? I have the power of Necromancy right? And from what I understand, she's dead. So wouldn't that mean I can contact her?"

"Honey, I'm sorry, but you wouldn't have nearly enough power to do that," Gloria disagreed. "The consiquences would be fatal."

"I'm sorry, but you're mistaken," Elijah announced, speaking for the first time in a while. I looked at him with surprise as he spoke to Gloria. "Marni's power is unnaturally.... strong. No mere witch could achieve what she has, in fact, most would die trying."

"Elijah's right," Rebekah agreed. "In all of the years I have walked this Earth, I've never met a witch as powerful, excluding the Original witch of course."

"Uh... yay?" I cheered hesitantly, not sure whether or not this was a bad thing.

"I have no doubt that you'll be able to pull this off," Klaus shrugged. "But as much as I want to break this incesantly annoying curse, you need your rest. The power you used the other night took a lot out of you, and for you to contact the Original witch, you need your strength."

"It is great to know you care about me," I grinned.

Klaus rolled his eyes but smirked.

"God, I feel like Harry Potter," I muttered.

Elijah had the ghost of a smile on his face, and I think it was at the though of me wearing glasses and having a scar on my forehead. Just as I was about to say something, my stomach grumbled.

"Oh shush you," I glared, looking down at it.

"I suggest you go eat," Klaus said. "Unless you want a blood bag?"

I made a face at him and walked towards the door.

"I shall accompany you," Elijah murmured. "It's a tad... crowded in here."

"Yay!" I cheered happily. "I have a friend!"

"No you don't," Klaus said from behind me.

"Hey!" I complained. "That's not nice!"

He grinned and I glared at him, before walking out, Elijah right behind me.

"Stupid, cocky bastard," I muttered. "He can't talk. He doesn't have friends. Unless you count the people he murders."

It was unnaturally cold today, and my ankle boots clicked on the pavement as I shoved my hands into the pockets of my leather jacket. Elijah and I had been walking for ten minutes, and I was looking for the cafè I'd grown to love whilst being here, because they made the most amazing chicken and sweet potato wraps in the world.

"So I see you and my brother have gotten quite close," Elijah commented as we walked down the street that was crowded with people.

"Well, when you're stuck with the same person for over seven months, they tend to grow on you," I shrugged. "I mean, when I first met him, I though he was just some evil vampire that only cared about causing death and mayhem. Don't get me wrong, he is the most irritating and cocky person in the world, and thinks way to highly of himself. But now that I've got to know him, he's... not that bad."

Elijah nodded. We had reached the cafè, and I chose the seats next to the window.

"Niklaus seems to care about you," he observed. "Which is a rare thing."

"He told me that I remind him of Claudia, as you once did," I said. "I think that may be why."

"Yes..." Elijah murmured, a distant expression on his face.

"So... What happened to her?" I asked after a minute. "You mentioned once that Klaus killed her..."

"Perhaps I didn't phrase it right," he started. "Niklaus didn't intentionally kill her. You see, we were still human when she died. We lived in a small village, that we shared with a pack of werewolves."

"Werewolves?"

"Yes," he continued. "Claudia was a very... persistant girl. She didn't think it was fair for the men to have all of the fun, as she put it. The amount of times she tried to convince my brothers and I to teach her to weild a sword... One day, she finally managed to get Niklaus to agree to taking her out so they could watch the men turn into wolves. That night, they were attacked. Niklaus was fine, but Claudia got hurt. She didn't make it."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"I blamed my brother for what had happened, and I hated him for it. A part of me still does. But nothing I do will change the past." Elijah looked up at me. "But perhaps I can change the future."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"When my mother turned our family into monsters, it was a mistake-"

"Hang on a sec," I interrupted. "You're mother turned you into vampires?"

"Yes," he replied. "After what happened to Claudia, she and our father agreed that we needed some way to protect ourselves. When Ayana, a very close friend of my mothers, who was a witch, refused to help my parents do what they requested, my mother took matters into her own hands."

"Wait, you're mother was a witch?"

"Yes, the witch of the Original family. The Original witch," Elijah answered.

I stared at him, but he just continued.

"My mother called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree for immortality." Elijah looked as if he was reliving the memories, and not sitting in this cafè with me. "That night we burried Claudia, and my father gave us wine to use in a toast to remember her by. Little did my siblings and I know, it was laced with blood. After we had drank, my father took his sword and drove it through our hearts."

I gasped softly. Words could't describe how shocked I was.

"And that's how the monsters you know as vampires were created," he conluded casually, as if what he just told me was nothing.

I tried to come up with an appropriate response, but everytime I opened my mouth to say something, I closed it again, because nothing would come out.

"Wow," was all I managed.

"I believe the term you are looking for is, OMG," Elijah smirked.

"And I thought my life story was epic," I laughed in disbelief. "I just got shut down."

"We are the Original vampires, and from us, all vampires were created," Elijah stated.

"What happened after your father killed you?" I asked.

"He forced us to drink human blood," he began. "The feeling of power was... euphoric. But the witch Ayana was right. There were consiquences. For weeks we had to stay inside, because the sun would burn us. Our mother found a solution to that, but there were others. The tree that gave us life could also take it away."

"The white oak," I murmured.

"Neighbores who had welcomed us into their homes could keep us out, and the flowers that grew at the base of the white oak burned us." Elijah's expression darkened. "But worst of all, was the blood lust. Our parents never anticipated that we would need blood to survive. Instead of saving our lives, my mother destroyed them. Her spell turned us into monsters that haunt childrens dreams. We are an abomination."

"That's not true," I argued.

He rose his eyebrows.

"Isn't it?" he asked. "Marni, to survive, we drink human blood. We are monsters. We don't feel remorse or guilt. We take human lives because we can. We have no humanity."

"If you had no humanity, I wouldn't be sitting here right now," I pointed out. "You've saved my life countless times, and you obviously must've cared. And that, is your humanity."

"Even so, I cannot change what I am," he said.

"But you shouldn't have to," I insisted. "If I've learned anything in all of my years of living, it's that it is not a good idea to paint Damon's car pink, and that everything happens for a reason. If your mother hadn't have created you, we wouldn't have Twilight, and I'm not okay with that."

Elijah laughed at me.

"It's not like vampires have to kill humans to survive, it's just that they feel that it's their nature," I continued. "And maybe it is, but I know a few vampires who don't. Take Stefan for example. Sure, he used to be as bad as Klaus, but now he eats bunnies. All those poor, innocent bunnies." I looked at Elijah. "So you have fangs and your eyes go all demonic when you bite people. That doesn't make you a monster, it makes you what you are. Imagine a world without vampires. Think of all of the bad things that would've happened."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, for starters, you would never have met me," I grinned. "And Team Epicness wouldn't exsist."

"You know Marni, you never cease to amuse me," Elijah smirked.

"Yeah, I know, I'm hilarious," I agreed smugly.

"I've had over a thousand years to accept what I am," he mused. "And it does have it's advantages, but that fact remains the same. We are not natural. We shouldn't have been created."

I sighed. "There's just no winning with you, is there?"

"I'm afraid not."

"What did you mean before when you said you couldn't change the past, but maybe you could change the future?" I inquired.

"My mother made a mistake by creating us," Elijah explained. "But what's done is done. When my brother breaks the curse that is placed on him, he will be a full hybrid. And the first thing he will do is create more hybrids. I can't let that happen."

My eyes widened. "You're going to kill Klaus?"

"No," he shook his head. "But I'm going to stop him from making hybrids."

"You don't want him to break the curse," I guessed, tilting my head.

"And I need your help to do it," he said. "I know you lied to him about destroying the moonstone."

I shrugged.

"Klaus cannot know that it hasn't been destroyed," Elijah went on.

 I nodded.

"I lied earlier," I confessed after a minute.

"About what?"

"I know where the necklace is," I admitted. "But Elena has it. I didn't realise that it was the same one that Stefan gave her. I suppose he got it off Rebekah in the 20's somehow. I didn't tell Klaus because it would turn out disasterously."

Elijah nodded.

"Marni, I'm going to ask you to do something for me, and I'm not quite sure you'll agree to it."

I frowned. "What is it?"

"If the Original witch does tell you a way to break the curse placed on my brother," he explained. "I want you to lie."

"Elijah, I- I can't do that," I stammered. "For seven months, all I've wanted is to go home, and this is my chance."

Elijah was quiet for a moment. "I understand."

"I'm sorry," I apologised. "But I can't do it. And this isn't fair to Klaus. All of these cenutries, he's waited to break this curse. We can't just take that away from him."

"I suppose you're right," he sighed. "But perhaps there is another favor you could do for me instead."

I raised an eyebrow.

"For centuries, Klaus has kept my family from me," he started. "I wish to reunite them. But in order to do that, I need your help to find them."

"You want to undagger your siblings?" I asked.

"Yes."

I sat there for about five minutes, contemplating.

"If Klaus finds out," I hesitated, "We're both pretty much screwed."

"I'm aware of that," he said. "And if he does, I'll take full responsibility."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm the one who's getting you into this," Elijah shrugged nonchalantly. "There's no reason for both of us to suffer."

I hesitated.

"I'll do it," I sighed.

I was leaning against the railing of the balcony in the hotel room we were staying at. It was strange, usually Klaus and I only stayed in one place for two days at the most, but we'd been here almost a week.

I stared down at the street, contemplating life. I wanted to go home. So much that it hurt. And I knew I should hate Klaus for taking me away, but I didn't. Although we insulted eachother all of the time, we were friends. And that's why I felt horrible. I knew for a fact that Klaus' brothers wouldn't be happy with him when they were undaggered, and they would seek vengeance. But Elijah was also my friend, and I owed him. All he wanted was to be reunited with his family, and isn't that what I wanted too?

I sighed and closed my eyes, not noticing a certain blonde Original walk out onto the balcony.

"As much as I love my brother, he can be infuriating sometimes," Rebekah said. I turned my head to the side and she looked at me. "I know what it's like to be ripped away from your family. So believe me when I say I understand what you're going through."

"Elijah told me what happened to you when you were humans," I murmured.

"I though he might," she smiled, looking out over the balcony. "After we were turned, my family was ripped apart. When Nik made his first kill, my father found out that my mother had been unfaithful, and he went on a rampage, murdering half of the village, only to return home and rip my mothers heart out."

I remained silent.

"After that he fled. And soon did my brothers Finn and Kol," she continued. "It was only Elijah, Nik and I left."

"My parents were burned alive," I said quietly. "The town I was in believed they were vampires. They were wrong.They murdered innocent people. I felt like my whole world was falling apart. But the Salvatores took me in, and I had a new family. Stefan and Damon."

"Do you miss them?" she asked.

I laughed without humor. "Oh yes. Words can't describe how much I miss them. It's like a part of me has been ripped away."

She looked like she was going to say something, but she stopped.

"Elijah and Nik are back," she sighed, before turning and heading inside.

I followed her after a minute.

"Enough sitting around," Klaus announced. "I'm bored. I think it's time we contact the Original witch, what do you say Marni?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

"But first thing's first," he muttered.

I wasn't prepared for what happened next.

One moment we were all casually hanging around, and the next, Klaus was across the room in an instant, stabbing the same dagger that had been in Rebekah for almost a century into Elijah's heart.

I gasped, my eyes widening in horror. Elijah's skin turned grey, and he fell to the ground. I stared wide eyed at his body, not fully taking in what just happened.

"Could've been a bit more delicate about it," Rebekah muttered, before walking out of the room.

"Oh well," Klaus shrugged nonchalantly.

It was then that I found my voice.

"What the hell is wrong with you Klaus?" I raged, fury running through me.

"Oh come on love, no need to get dramatic," he smirked.

"You just killed Elijah!" I shouted incredulously.

"Well, he had it coming," he stated.

I moved as a blur towards Elijah, having every intention of pulling the dagger out, but I found myself pinned to the wall by Klaus. I glared at him, but he had an amused expression.

"Careful sweet heart," he murmured. "Wouldn't want to do something stupid now."

"Speak for yourself!" I scoffed, shoving him off me. With a scowl, I paced back and forth, before turning to Klaus and staring at him in disbelief. "Why exactly did you do that?"

"Well, when you spend over a thousand years with someone, you tend to get to know them," he explained. "I knew it was only a matter of time before Elijah made a move against me."

"Why would he do that?" I questioned. "All he wants is his family together."

"Exactly," Klaus said. "You see, I'm not quite ready to undagger my brothers yet. And Elijah would just get in the way."

"You're a horrible person," I glared. "Elijah was a nice guy!"

"And I'm not," he pointed out.

"That's it! We're not friends anymore!" I declared.

"Relax love," he smirked. "I'll undagger Elijah, eventually."

I muttered under my breath.

"So how about we get on with it then?"

"You're lucky I'm doing this," I scowled.

"Cheer up sweet heart," he said. "It's not the end of the world."

Was he kidding? Elijah was daggered. If that wasn't the end of the world, I didn't know what was. I was going to miss my best buddy immensely.

Still muttering uner my breath, I collected four white candles and placed them in a circle, before sitting in the centre and lighting them.

"No interruptions," I warned Klaus. "Otherwise the spell might not work."

He raised his hands in innocence and motioned for me to continue.

With a sigh, I closed my eyes and began to chant. I felt wind circle me and blow my hair around my face. Power surged through me, and I could tell it was working.

"Marni," an unfamiliar voice said.

I opened my eyes. I was still in the same room, but it was dead quiet and Klaus was no where to be seen. Instead, a woman with long, flowing blonde hair stood infront of me. Hey eyes were dark and piercing, and she was all around a very intimidating woman. This was the Orginal witch.

I made no move to stand up, because I knew if I left the circle of candles, the spell would break.

"You must be the Original witch," I stated.

"You are correct," she replied. "My name is Esther."

"Marni," I greeted with a nod.

"I know who you are," she commented. "And I also know why you are here."

"Ah, well, good," I said awkwardly.

"You seek another way to break the curse I have placed on Niklaus," she clarified.

"Is there?" I asked.

"And why should I give you this answer?" she asked.

"What is with you spirits having to have a good reason to give an answer?" I groaned. "To be honest, you should give it to me, because if you do, I can go home. And I really want to go home."

She tilted her head.

"You're very persistant," she observed,

I shrugged. "Are you going to tell me or not?"

"A peice of magic as powerful as the spell that is placed on the moonstone cannot truely be destroyed," she explained. "It will return."

"Great," I grinned. "When?"

"Anywhere from a few decades to a few centuries," she replied.

"So... uh, how exactly will Klaus know when it has returned?" I questioned.

"He'll know," she reassured me. "He'll feel it, you both will."

"How so?"

"You being the one who destroyed it, are linked to it. And Niklaus is linked to it through the curse placed on it."

I stood there awkwardly for a second.

"So that's it?" I asked.

She nodded.

I frowned, suspicion filling me. It couldn't be that easy.

"You know, for someone who placed the curse in the first place, you sure seem very willing to give a way to break it."

Esther studied me for a moment.

"What I have told you is not a lie," she responded.

"But there's a catch, isn't there?" I guessed. "You placed the curse on Klaus so he wouldn't be able to make more hybrids. Something tells me you haven't had a change of heart."

"You are very wise Marni," she began. "You are right to be suspicious of my answer. I can't let Niklaus create hybrids. They are an abomination."

"Then why have you told me there's another way to break the curse?" I questioned.

"Because I hope that in the time it takes for my son to break the curse, I will have found a way to stop him from creating more hybrids," she answered after a minute. "I think it's time you leave Marni. Niklaus will no doubt be getting impatient."

I looked her up and down a few times before nodding.

"Thank you for your help," I murmured, before letting my mind break the link.

I'd repeated to Klaus what the Original witch had told me, excluding the part where she hoped to find a way to stop Klaus from creating his hybrids. I figured he wouldn't be too happy about that.

It was a few weeks later that we had returned to New York. Rebekah wanted to come here, because she hadn't been in years. She was out on a shopping spree. She had asked me if I wanted to join, but I declined, telling her I was tired.

That was a lie. I wanted time to think.

I'd done what Klaus had asked. I'd found another way to break the curse. That was my part of the deal, but he hadn't mentioned anything about me being able to go home. I hadn't brought it up yet, because I was trying to find the right way. But I was getting edgy. I wanted to go home. And after months, I'd done what Klaus had requested.

So I sat there, at the table in our hotel room, planning.

"Marni," Klaus' voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him.

"I have something to attend to, I shall be back later," he informed me.

I nodded and he left. This was my chance. I'd planned out what I was going to do. Rebekah had told me more about her family in the past few weeks, and I was counting on what she had said to help me.

I waited about five minutes before getting out of my chair and quietly following Klaus out of the hotel. I felt like a secret agent or something. I trailed him down the street. We'd walked at least five blocks, before he turned down an alleyway.

Staying out of sight, I followed him into a warehouse of some sort. I kept to the shadows, watching curiously as Klaus spoke to an obviously compelled human. There were four coffins. Three of them which held the bodies of Elijah, Kol and Finn. I assumed the fourth was Rebekah's empty coffin.

"Go get the truck," Klaus ordered the human. "We'll be leaving soon."

The human nodded and left.

Klaus studied the coffins and brushed his hand along the length of one before smirking.

"For what reason have you followed me here Marni?" he asked, not looking up.

Dammit.

I walked out into the open.

"And here I thought I'd been subtle," I sighed.

"Well, when you spend over a thousand years keeping an eye out for your enemies, you tend to notice when you're being followed," he explained. "Better luck next time."

"Hopefully there won't be a next time," I responded. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I want to go home Klaus."

He smirked and tilted his head.

"I'm sorry Marni, but that's not part of our deal," he disagreed.

"What do you mean? I helped you find another way to break the curse. I held up my end of the bargain."

"I don't recall saying anything about letting you go back to that pathetic excuse for a town," he shrugged.

I went cold. He was right. I'd just assumed things.

"Please Klaus," I pleaded.

"I quite like you Marni, you amuse me, and you happen to be a very powerful witch," he explained. "So I think I may keep you around."

I moved so fast even I barely registered it. I flipped opened one of the coffins, which I assumed held Kol because of the clothes the man was wearing. I pulled the dagger out of his chest and turned to Klaus.

"I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice," I said. "Let me go home, other wise you'll have Kol to deal with."

Klaus glared at me for a second.

"You know Marni, I thought we were genuinely friends," he stated. "But I guess not."

"We are friends Klaus," I argued. "Believe it or not, I actually like you. But I need to go home."

"Let her go Nik," a voice said from across the room.

I turned to see Rebekah standing by the door.

Klaus took a deep breath, a contemplating look on his face.

"Rebekah, can I please speak to Marni alone for a second?" he asked, not taking his eyes off me.

Rebekah nodded, before leaving and closing the door behind her.

"For months I've stuck by your side," I started. "Not complaining. But I miss my home Klaus, I miss my family. So please. Let me go home."

He sighed.

"I suppose I can consider this my good deed of the day," he said after a minute.

A huge grin spread across my face.

"Is that a yes?" I asked.

He smirked and nodded.

"YAY!" I squeeled. Klaus gave me an amused look. "See? You've got a friend. All you have to do is be nice to people and they'll like you."

"I can't afford to have friends," he stated.

"What about me?"

"I guess you can be that one exception," he smirked. "We had some fun times, didn't we?"

"Yeah, like how you managed to get a whole coven of witches to hate me thanks to your great people skills," I said.

"That was your fault," he reminded me.

I laughed then sighed.

"I'm actually going to miss you Klaus," I smiled.

"Cheer up, love," he smirked. "I'm sure we'll run into each other in the future."

"Well, thanks for... uh... everything?" I laughed. Excitement was buzzing through me. I could go home! "Can I have a hug?"

"Just this once," he said reluctantly.

I grinned and hugged him.

"You're really short," he commented.

I pulled back and glared.

"I, uh, suppose I should give this back," I announced, handing him the dagger. "I hear Kol is a tad vengeful."

"Thanks."

Klaus stabbed the dagger back into Kol's heart.

"I'll see you around Klaus," I smiled, before turning and leaving.

I stepped out of the ware house with a huge grin on my face.

"I suspect that you're leaving then?" Rebekah asked, making herself visible.

I nodded.

"Well it was nice meeting you," she smiled. "I'd forgotten what it was like to have a little sister."

"Good bye Rebekah. And thank you."

With a smile I continued walking.

I couldn't believe it. I was actually going home. After almost eight months of being away from them, I was coming back. Words couldn't express how happy I was. I'd 'borrowed' myself a car, which was a Black Holden sv6. It wasn't flash, but it would do.

Tree's blurred past as I sped down the road. I was going over 100mph, and it was a surprise that I hadn't been pulled over yet. I sighed as I though of everyone at home. What if they all hated me? I know Damon probably did. Maybe Stefan would still love me.

Within a few hours, my pace slowed as I drove through the familiar outskirts of Mystic Falls. It was night time by now, and as I drove past the Mystic Grill, I saw people that I'd gone to school with.

It was only a few minutes later that I slowed the car to a stop. I'd parked outside of the Salvatore boarding house. I sat there for a moment, trying to calm myself. Would there be anyone home? How much had I missed since I left?

I slowly got out of the car and walked up to the front door. I went to knock, but I lived here. Why should I? The door was unlocked, so I pushed it open and walked through to the living room. Just as I was about to call out, Stefan appeared in the doorway. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Hey Stefan," I smiled sheepishly.

"Marni?"

"I'm back."

_____________________________________________________________________________

YAY! MARNI'S BACK IN MYSTIC FALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided I'd be nice. Life just wasn't the same without Damon and Stefan, and to be honest, I missed writing the little funny arguments they have.

Klaus daggered Elijah! >:O UNHAPPY FACE. But it was done for a reason. It will play a part in the future. Aw, Klaus and Marni are friends. Isn't that nice?

Sorry I haven't uploaded. I'd almost finished, and then my computer decided to freeze and reload its self, and I lost most of my chapter. I was not a happy camper.

Rebekah showed a soft side! Because her and Marni are buddies. I thought I'd put a little Original history in there for you guys.

I actually came close to tears when I daggered Elijah. It was a very hard thing for me to do, because I love Elijah.

So... How do you think Damon will react to Marni being back? Will things be all happy? Or will they be sad?

I guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter, because my friend is pestering my to upload.

So, tata for now :)

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 1.2K 15
This is a ReaderxCharacter book, with you as the main character. This is for all my fellow Stefan Salvatore fans, (He was the better brother don't sh...
4.9K 62 17
Cassie Mitchell is a 17 year old girl who, ever since she was a little girl, was obsessed with vampires, especially the vampires in 'The Vampire Diar...
5.8K 25 69
Erica lillys moves to mystic falls after her parents deaths shes hoping for a fresh start to a normal life but what she dosent know to brothers have...
22.6K 355 27
Samantha Gilbert is 14 years old, living with her older sister Elena and big brother Jeremy under the foster care of their Aunt Jenna. She, like her...