Turning Left

By humanitis

Sequel to Choosing Wrong. (Strongly suggested to read Choosing Wrong first.) ***** "Logan Miller, you are un... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 19

1.7K 70 8
By humanitis

Emily's POV

The door re-opened and I found myself springing up from my seated position to inspect who it was.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as Logan walked through the doors.

"Do you know how worried I've been? I hope you realise that the police is still-" I was cut off from my words when Logan had decided to place his lips on mine, taking me utterly by surprise.

"What was that for? I asked once we parted, his hands still holding onto my face.

"If it weren't for you, I would have probably lost my mother" he responded.

"That's a lie" I shook my head "she's your mother Logan, nothing I said changed her mind on anything, I simply reminded her of who you are and what you've been through. No matter what, she will always love you." I finished. He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

I felt familiar warmth spread through me as I stayed in his arms, never wanting to let go, but the moment was rather short lived. The door had opened once again, the rest of the gang walking in.

"Well well, look whose up and walking again" Adam teased, striding towards Logan before giving him a manly hug, Jack followed his footsteps and soon, the room was filled with the familiar happiness of the gang.

If only Austin were here.

My heart ached at the thought, the memories flooding my brain temporarily, however not wanting to ruin the moment, I shook them off, focusing back on the present situation.

"We better start packing, we have to leave before the cops catch up to us" I commented, gaining everyone's serious attention. They all nodded in unison, no one uttering a word for a while. I looked up at Logan finding him deep in thought before his concerned eyes met mine.

"Can you do me a favour?" he questioned slowly as everyone else dispersed their way to pack up.

"Yeah sure, anything"

"I need you to find Tom for me" he completed, making a smile rise on my face.

"Absolutely"

*****

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Logan, sitting on the passenger seat of the car.

We had officially left our cabin in Chicago, and were now headed towards Missouri. The rest of the gang had split up, each taking a different car in case of emergencies.

"About what?"

"Tom, the fight, everything" he glanced at me for a brief second before focusing back on the roads, a deep sigh escaping from his lips. He slightly shook his head before speaking up again.

"I never meant to sleep with her, believe me, but she approached me and I was a fucking horny-"

"Logan, I'm not accusing you of anything, if anything I believe it wasn't your fault. I just want to know how you didn't tell me about him. I mean, it seems as though you and Tom were pretty close after all" we shared glances, he nodded.

"I don't know, I guess I just felt guilty" he responded after a while, causing me to smile.

"It wasn't your fault" I decided to finish, grabbing onto his spare hand as a sign of support. He squeezed my hand tighter, and focused back on the road.

Soon enough, we had entered out destination, and were parked outside the place Tom Fury lived.

For a criminal on the run, he sure lived up to his standards.

The man lived in a beautiful, modern home, in the middle of the woods, undetectable.

We got of the car, gaping at the house in front of us.

How was he never caught?

Logan came to my side, taking my hand before we advanced towards the front door. Before we could even knock, the door had flung open, revealing a calm looking Tom Fury. He wore his usual attire, black dress pants, a black shirt and a black blazer.

"Thought you'd show up here, get in" he commanded. Logan and I shared a glance before we took a step inside, waiting for Tom to shut the door and guide us towards the inside of his house.

He kept on walking, his eyes never glancing back until we arrived what I assumed was the enormous living room. He walked over towards one of the tables, pouring out three glasses of whiskey before passing one to each of us. Then, he sat down on one of the couches, hand extended on the head of the sofa, and legs crossed gloriously.

"So, what is it you're here for?" he questioned.

I had managed to sit down, yet Logan had remained on his feet, gently keeping the glass of whiskey on the table before sitting down.

"Why did you do it?" was his first question.

My eyes widened, my mind expecting a 'thank you' or something along those lines.

Tom scoffed, taking a sip of his drink.

"Cause now you owe me" Logan nodded, not uttering a word. Soon enough, I began feeling uncomfortable, leading me to butt in between their heated conversation.

"Alright guys, can we please get over this. Come on, this girl incident happened years ago Tom, I'm sure you can just let it go, there are tones of other girls of this planet who aren't willing to cheat on you so please, for Christ sake, let it go. And Logan, you came here to thank him and apologise so just get this over with, no need to behave like infants for fuck's sake!" Both pairs of eyes turned towards me in surprise.

Another wave of silence filled the air before Logan finally decided to speak up.

"You're right. I did come here to thank you, so Tom" he faced him " Thank you, for helping them save me, and keeping my girlfriend sane whilst I was out" his hand extended forward, waiting for Tom to shake it, but he didn't. Tom looked stunned, as though he had just received a nobel prize.

"Never did I ever think that I would be seeing this day" he mumbled to himself. He then chuckled, extending his hand forward.

"I still hate you, but I accept your apology" he finished.

I sighed, finally content with the situation.

"Tom, remember what I told you when you had first mentioned your history, she wasn't worth it, and you shouldn't have to hate your brother for something she did wrong. Bro's before hoe's right?" he chuckled, smirking at me.

"So what if I had decided to sleep with you, and then told him to forget it and move on, cause bro's before hoe's right?" he smirked.

"In this case, it won't happen, because I'm a loyal woman with eye for only one man, so you can imagine that the woman you were in love with probably wasn't that in love with you to be able to go and sleep with her 'lover's' best friend right?" I taunted, watching him tense slowly.

For the longest time, no one spoke. Until the sound of my ringing phone brought us all out of our train of thoughts.

Pulling it out of my pocket, I glanced at the caller ID: Jordan.

I made my way slowly out of the living room, leaving Logan and Tom behind before I answered the call and put the phone to my ears.

"Hey, what happened?" I began.

"Emily, remember how we all thought that Louisa could have possibly been the one to rat out Logan to get him arrested?"

"Yes" I recalled "Why?"

"We were wrong" she paused

"Isn't that a good thing? Jordan get to the point, you're making me nervous"

"It wasn't Louisa who ratted him out, oh no. It's worse. Logan isn't just wanted by the police, FBI or CIA, he's being hunted by bounty hunters"

A/N

Cliffhanger!!! Bounty hunters?? Thoughts on that? Chapter thoughts? Future predictions? Comment below and let me know what you think! 

Picture of Jordan to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 1.8K 16
*Dark Short Story with triggers including abuse/torture and violence, sexual assault, stalking and home invasion* Someone has been been following me...
5.4K 133 22
"Nothing is cooler and more attractive than a big comeback, and that'll be me" - Steven Alder "Where are you going?" "Quantico, they need m...
488 4 27
This is le fab sequel to my other story, Awkward. If you haven't read it, stop here right now! If you wanna read this one, read le other one first un...
1.6M 40.2K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...