Worlds Colliding (The Origina...

By heartofice97

All rights go the creators of The Originals and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. hear... More

characters & trailer
main character theme songs/ships & outfit links
chapter 1 - For the Next Millennium
chapter 2 - You Hung the Moon
chapter 3 - I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans
chapter 4 - A Walk on the Wild Side
chapter 5 - The Axeman's Letter
chapter 6 - Beautiful Mistake
chapter 7 - Out of the Easy
chapter 8 - The Other Girls in New Orleans
chapter 9 - Savior
chapter 10 - A Ghost Along the Mississippi
chapter 11 - Wild At Heart
chapter 12 - Dead Angels
chapter 13 - Heart Shaped Box
chapter 14 - Streetcar Named Desire
chapter 16 - Alone With Everybody
chapter 17 - Behind the Black Horizon
chapter 18 - The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
chapter 19 - No More Heartbreaks
chapter 20 - Where Nothing Stays Buried
chapter 21 - Give 'Em Hell, Kid
chapter 22 - The Bloody Crown
Bloopers

chapter 15 - An Old Friend Calls

920 19 14
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 3.02 "You Hung the Moon", in the courtyard, Freya had seen the vision, relaying the information to Klaus, Kassandra and Elijah.

Auria: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Originals)"

Freya was visibly shaken by the visions she had been shown. She sounded very grim. "If this prophecy is fulfilled, you will all fall. One by friend, one by foe, one by foreigner, and one... by family."

From 3.10 "A Ghost Along the Mississippi", in the bayou, Mikayla folded the sheet over Jackson's head. She could barely speak above a whisper. "Till death do us part."

From 3.11 "Wild At Heart", in Mikayla's apartment, Hayley and Mikayla were sitting on the floor while Mikayla was in the middle of breaking down in despair.

"My husband died because he loved me," Mikayla told her. 

From 3.10 "A Ghost Along the Mississippi", in the autoshop, Mikayla was chained up, being wolfsbaned, crying, sobbing, looking at Jackson's body still chained to the chair next to her, overwhelmed with grief, devastated. "I will make them suffer for this. I promise you."

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the pool room of the Davilla Estate,Mikayla appeared behind Aya unnoticed, driving a stake through her back into her heart, making her gasp in pain.

Mikayla: (voice over from 3.10 A Ghost Along the Mississippi) "I will make all of them suffer."

Mikayla looked at Aya furiously in expressionless rage. "That's more mercy than Jackson ever got."

Aya sighed in relief, smiling a bit at the thought of the quick death instead of a lifetime running from Rayna Cruz, falling to the floor, dying in front of them.

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the courtyard, the group were talking.

"Davina is in over her head, and Aya knows this," Lucien told them.

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the pool room of the Davilla Estate, Klaus, Kassandra and Elijah's bodies were floating in the pool, where their throats had been slit from ear to ear, the blood filling the water, turning it into dark red.

Davina and the sisters were still chanting the incantation for the de-siring spell.

Elijah and Kassandra woke.

Klaus leaped out of the water at vampire speed.

Davina held her hands toward Klaus, using magic to freeze him midair, pushing her arms down, using magic to push Klaus into the pool with a loud splash.

Stefan, Kaylin, Nicola, Liv, Cristian, Luke, Marcel, Noah and Caitlin were standing nearby. The skin on their hands started to turn bright red as if they were burning. The bright red made its way up their arms, travelling up their necks. They screamed in agony.

Lucien: (voice over from 3.14 Streetcar Named Desire) "She will let Davina de-sire the three siblings."

Kaylin was horrified by the sight of what looked like a desiccated Klaus, worriedly walking into the water to gently take Klaus in her arms. However, it quickly began to fade as the wound on his throat healed.

Klaus weakly opened his eyes, seeing Kaylin, in agony and devastated by what just happened. He could barely speak above a whisper. "I felt them leave. The links are broken."

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the courtyard, Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Kaylin were talking.

Klaus turned to Kaylin. "Aurora has set a trap for us before."

Kaylin nodded. "Just give that bitch a fate worse than death."

Klaus smirked. "As you wish."

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the tomb, Aurora was trapped with a boundary spell and bricks.

Aurora was now near-hysterical when she realized that he was going to leave her trapped forever, beginning to plead with him. "Please, Nik. Just kill me!"

"Behind walls is where you belong," Klaus told her. "Just know it was I who took everything from you."

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the pool room of the Davilla Estate, Marcel, Noah, Caitlin, Davina and Auria were talking.

Auria looked at Marcel and Caitlin. "But in order to break the link..."

Caitlin sighed shakily, worried and concerned at the prospect. "I have to die."

"But you'll come back," Davina told her.

"As a vampire," Caitlin told them.

Later, the ritual to break the link between Marcel and Caitlin was in progress.

Caitlin was wearing black dress for this instead of ruining her clothes for the ritual. Marcel and Noah stood next to her.

Auria and Davina stood, walking toward them.

Noah bit his wrist, offering it to Caitlin. Caitlin took his wrist, hesitating, looking at Noah. Noah nodded reassuringly. Caitlin sighed, slowly bringing his wrist to her lips to drink his blood.

Moments later, Marcel and Caitlin were laying in the pool, letting themselves float on the surface.

Auria and Davina walked into the water with Marcel and Caitlin, standing between them.

Auria and Davina had to slit Marcel and Caitlin's throats with their knives.

Later, Caitlin was starting to come to, breaking out from under the water, gasping for breath as she returned to the living.

Noah walked into the water toward Caitlin to calm her down, taking her in his arms, helping her stand.

Caitlin stood in the water, turning around to see Marcel outside of the pool behind her next to Davina and Auria, completely fine. She smiled in shock.

Marcel smiled. "It worked, C. Come here."

Marcel offered Caitlin and Noah each a hand to pull them out of the water. They each took them, getting out of the water.

Auria turned to Caitlin. "Now all that you need to do is finish the transition."

Auria was still holding the ritual knife in her hand. She looked from Caitlin to her hand, taking a deep breath, slicing open her wrist slowly and carefully.

Caitlin took Auria's hand in both of hers, pulling it closer to her, unable to resist the blood in front of her, bringing her wrist to her lips to drink, starting to feed from her wrist, slowly letting Auria go after a moment, raising her head, blood dripping from her lips. Her eyes were starting to turn red, and the dark veins of hunger creeping toward her eyes.

From 3.14 "Streetcar Named Desire", in the church attic, Davina, Caitlin and Auria were talking.

"I was able to get my hands on the spell that she promised you would bring Kol back," Caitlin told her.

"Even if you give me that spell, I won't have the power to use it, because the entire Strix coven is dead," Davina told them.

"You made Klaus hemorrhage an enormous amount of mystical energy," Caitlin told her. "Enough to create..."

Davina realized where they were going with this, finishing the sentence for Caitlin. "A nexus vorti."

Auria and Caitlin sighed, walking out, leaving Davina with the means and the spell and the power to bring back Kol.

Later, Davina was casting the spell.  "The blood of two brothers and one sister, the ash of their dead."

A strong gust of wind blew through the attic, until finally, an ash-covered Kol in his original body suddenly appeared, naked and kneeling on one knee in front of her.

Kol smiled, chuckling. "I never doubted you for a second, Davina Claire."

Davina broke into a beauteous smile.

---~---

Day One

Morning - Abattoir Compound - Klaus' Study 

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya were talking.

Klaus took a painting off of the wall, revealing a safe that was built into the bricks behind it. He spun the dial, putting in the combination to open it, revealing a wooden box inside, opening gently, walking away from the safe. Inside the box was a stack of old letters in fading envelopes.

"You collect trophies from all your victims?" Freya asked incredulously.

"Letters to their loved ones, to be specific," Kassandra answered.

"Just as Kaylin used to write the names of her victims upon a wall," Elijah told her.

Klaus tried to ignore them, starting to look through the letters absentmindedly. "It was a phase."

"A phase in which we were forced to learn a different kind of stealth," Elijah told them, sitting forward in his chair to continue the story for Freya's benefit. "You see, over time, Niklaus' enemies grew so numerous, we had no choice but to artfully withdraw from the world." Klaus gave Elijah an offended look. "And then..." Freya gave him a curious and exasperated look. Elijah turned to face her. "Well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this city as discrete. Wouldn't you agree, Kassandra?"

Kassandra rolled her eyes in annoyance. "We all saw the white oak destroyed. Plus, this city is crawling with vampires, all of whom had no choice but to shield Niklaus from potential foes. Were he to die, they would die, too. He couldn't have been more safe."

Klaus looked extremely worried. "And now my sire link is undone. Those very foes will come for me. Like never before."

Freya sighed. "It's only been a few days since the link was broken. Must you jump into crippling paranoia already?"

Kassandra rolled her eyes. "It's a default setting."

"And for good reason," Klaus told them.

Elijah stood, walking toward Klaus. "Well, Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever, you've ransacked Aya's belongings, torched Aurora's hunting ground, and obliterated every last splinter of the white oak."

Klaus lowered his voice. "I would be mad to believe that."

Freya still looked exasperated by his behavior.

Elijah took a deep breath.

Freya looked at them in concern. "Every last splinter? You're sure?"

Klaus, Elijah and Kassandra didn't answer, none of them being able to make eye contact, not knowing for sure if the means to their demise were truly gone.

---

Worlds Colliding (The Originals)

---

St. Anne's Church 

(Song:) Hold Me Down - Halsey 

In the fighting ring, Caitlin and Noah were sparring for the first time since she had become a vampire.

"You were a badass human, Caitlin," Noah told her. "You were definitely gonna be a badass vampire."

Caitlin smirked, tilting her head. "I can't take all the credit, Noah." Noah tried to punch her. Caitlin blocked the move. "I learned from Marcel." They started to fight with vampire speed and strength. Caitlin tried to punch him. Noah blocked the move. "I learned from you." Noah kicked her in the stomach. Caitlin spun around to backhand punch Noah in the face. "I learned from the Strix." Caitlin tried to punch him. Noah caught her arm, twisting it around, spinning around underneath it to flip her to the floor, looking down on her smugly. Caitlin looked up at Noah, smirking. "And now I don't have to worry about no damn link for the rest of my life, for however long that shall be." She rushed to stand, kicking Noah in the face, making him fall back into the cage wall. "And I definitely don't have to worry about you holding back on me, since I'm no longer a little fragile, breakable human girl anymore."

Noah rushed toward Caitlin, trying to punch her. Caitlin blocked the move, spinning around to backhand punch him in the face.

"No one has ever called you, Caitlin Harris, 'fragile and breakable'," Noah told her. 

Caitlin smirked smugly, shrugging, definitely seeming different since turning into a vampire. Noah rushed toward Caitlin to push her against the cage wall. Caitlin punched him in the face to make him let go, trying to punch and kick him repeatedly in a blur of motion. Noah was going just as fast to block all of her moves, trying to punch Caitlin. Caitlin ducked, kicking him in the stomach. Noah spun to try and kick her. Caitlin back flipped away to make him miss, landing on her feet. They circled each other, looking at each other smugly, smiling. 

"Are you done yet?" Noah asked.

Caitlin smirked, pretending to think about it, shaking her head. "Mm, no. In fact, I'm just getting started."

Caitlin rushed closer, kicking Noah in the leg, trying to overwhelmed him with a series of punches and hits. Noah ducked to either side or raised his arms to block the moves, catching Caitlin's wrist as she tried to punch him again, spinning her around, pushing her away. Caitlin spun to try and kick him twice. Noah ducked both times. Caitlin tried to kick him again. Noah caught her foot, pushing it up with enough force to make Caitlin back flip and spin through the air. Caitlin nearly fell to the floor, landing in a crouch, looking up at Noah, smirking, rushing closer, jumping in the air, spinning to kick hi back, landing on the floor, leaning forward to kick over her head toward Noah. Noah raised an arm to block the move. Caitlin stood, spinning to punch him. 

Noah raised an arm to block the move, grabbing her arm, twisting it behind her back, pushing her face first against the cage wall, standing right behind her, speaking close enough to her that she could feel his breath on her neck, chuckling in amusement. "You're a damn fast learner."

Caitlin smirked. "You're the one that said once I turned into a vampire, I could be anything I wanted to be, and do anything I wanted to do."

Caitlin turned her head to scratch her fang against his cheek, drawing blood and distracting him long enough to break free from his grasp, turning to face Noah, grabbing him, rushing across the cage to push him against the other wall, having her forearm against his throat and a hand on his chest. 

Noah was impressed with her confidence and new found sense of self. "And it seems that the baby vamp is very well capable of killing vamps twice her age. As long as you don't hesitate."

Noah held his hands around the wrist that she held over his heart to emphasize his point.

Caitlin looked at him smugly, smirking, shaking her head. "Oh, I won't hesitate."

Caitlin looked at the cut on his cheek from her fang, looking at the blood, leaning closer sensually to slowly lick the blood away, pulling away slightly, smiling a small smile, tilting her head.

Noah raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise and amusement. "You think you got it all out of your system?"

Caitlin feigned innocence, letting him go, backing away, smirking, shrugging. "It's very possible. But I can never get enough... physical activity with you."

Noah heard and understood the double meaning behind that, smirking, laughing in amusement. Caitlin smiled. They walked closer to each other to kiss heatedly and passionately for a long moment, pulling away, smiling.

(Song Ends)

---

Attic

Kol had just woken in Davina's former bed.

Davina was in an armchair, reading a book.

Kol groaned, starting to sit up.

Davina stood, walking closer, standing on the other side of a ray of sunlight pouring in through the window. "You've been asleep for three days."

"Regenerating from ash takes a lot out of a man," Kol told her, standing, walking closer, but stopped at the sunlight separating them without passing through, smiling. "You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now."

Davina smiled. "So, what's stopping you?"

Kol looked at the sunlight, holding his hand up to it, revealing that he started to burn, causing him to groan slightly. "Well, I can take the heat..." He pulled his hand out of the sunlight. "If it means I get to kiss you. But, letting the church burn down to ashes may be considered sacrilegious."

Davina looked shocked and slightly disappointed to find that Kol was back to being an Original vampire. "But y--you were a witch..."

Kol gave a small smile. "The spell you used brought me back as I was when I died in this body."

"Look, I've heard the stories," Davina told him. "When you were a vampire, you were..."

"A psychotic maniac," Kol finished, giving her an understanding smile. Davina was surprised by this reaction, looking down. "But, I didn't have you. You're worth being good for. I promise you can trust me." Davina smiled weakly, walking closer, getting past the sunlight to Kol, smiling, immediately leaning closer to kiss him. Kol pulled away after a moment, thrilled to be near her, holding up his hand. "At the risk of sounding too forward, I need you to put a ring on this finger." Davina chuckled in amusement. "A family reunion is in order."

Davina looked at him nervously. "Um, about your family... I'm pretty sure Klaus wants me dead."

Kol didn't see too pleased by this revelation, but he smiled weakly once again, pulling Davina into his arms. Davina returned the embrace.

---

Marcel's Loft - Living Room 

Caitlin and Noah walked in. Caitlin was in normal clothes, pulling the ponytail holder out of her hair, shaking her hair out, fixing it over her shoulders. Noah had his shirt and jacket on.

Marcel was standing at the bar.

Josh was passed out, half on the floor, half hanging over a large potted plant.

There were other vampires passed out around the loft, along with crushed plastic cups and empty beer and liquor.

"Morning," Caitlin told them.

Josh woke with a groan.

Marcel held out a glass toward Josh. "O-negative and tequila, for when you wake up all kinds of wrong."

Josh took the glass, taking a drink. "Thanks."

Marcel turned to face Noah and Caitlin. "And after you, Caitlin, threw one hell of a party, you managed to get up way before any of us, and went to the gym to spar with Noah, and you come back like someone just gave you the best Christmas present ever."

"Well, as it turns out, someone did," Caitlin told them. "It's not every night you get to celebrate your supernatural link to the leader of the vampires of New Orleans that has many targets on his back broken, and not every night you get to celebrate the sireline to a murderous psycho broken by blood spells..."

"She said without irony," Noah told her.

Caitlin smirked. "Yeah, well, it's not gonna be a party at the Strix HQ. We might be free of Klaus, but they're still sired to Elijah, and they don't care about what happens to Kassandra."

Josh took a drink. "Mm. How long do we have to care about the Strix? You've played undercover leader. Why can't you just Pied Piper them the hell out of town?"

"The Strix are thinning out," Marcel told him. "It's back to NOLA business as usual."

Two Strix vampires walked in.

"I'm afraid our plans to vacate have been put on hold," Vampire 1 told them.

"Three of our upper-level circle are missing, including Fukuda, Bailey, and Flynn," Vampire 2 told them.

Vampire 1 looked at Caitlin. "In the wake of Aya's death, you can understand our concern, though you don't seem to share it."

Caitlin looked at them coldly with a dangerous expression, walking toward them. "Tell me. How do the Strix punish insubordination, huh? Or should we check the charter?" The vampires exchanged a concerned look, remaining silent. Caitlin smirked coldly. "All right, then. Let's go see if we can find our missing friends."

(Song:) Slow Dance with the Devil - Parson James

Caitlin grabbed her coat, walking out, leaving.

The Strix vampires reluctantly followed.

Marcel, Noah and Josh were surprised by Caitlin's coldness just then, a little unsettled.

---

The French Quarter 

Klaus was walking through the streets and the crowds, on the phone.

Kaylin's voice was on the other line. "So, you can't prove all of the white oak was destroyed..." She was in Mystic Falls, Virginia, helping Matt Donovan and Nicola clean up the town that was left destroyed by the Heretics and Julian's vampires, though neither Matt or Nicola were seen during the call. "And you can't live in fear of something that might not even be there."

"I despise feeling so helpless," Klaus told her. "A few decades ago, in the midst of his incessant pursuit of me, Mikael disappeared without a trace. No witch could locate him. Of course, I lived as though he lurked around every corner, until one day, I, too, disappeared. Just cut all ties and vanished."

"Was that before or after the '20s?" Kaylin asked.

"After," Klaus answered. 

"So that means that Finn, Kol, Kassandra and Rebekah were daggered," Kaylin told him. "What about Elijah?"

"I told him I disposed of our siblings' bodies," Klaus told her. "To call it an estrangement would be a bit of an understatement."

"You mean, the time that he hated you so much that he was conspiring with the rest of us to kill you, before you gave me my memories back," Kaylin told him.

Klaus chuckled, a little sheepish. "Yes."

"But you don't want to be that man again," Kaylin realized.

Klaus sighed. "I have more to lose now." 

"Speaking of loss, how is Mikayla doing, with losing her husband?" Kaylin asked.

"Putting on a good show, but I think Mikayla's spiraling," Klaus answered.

"Well, she definitely has reason to," Kaylin told him. "I just hope that she doesn't get hurt because of it. I know I don't know Hayley and Mikayla much at all, but they were kind to me, and we all worked pretty well together on Christmas."

Klaus chuckled. "That we did."

"Which means that I don't want Mikayla to be hurting," Kaylin told him.

Klaus stopped walking, pausing, sighing. "And you? Have you found any answers regarding to Rayna Cruz, or Nicola and Cristian's scars?"

"An organization called the Armory captured Rayna before she could kill me and my brothers," Kaylin told him. She spoke sarcastically. "Apparently, she only has two lives left to live, so we can only ever kill her one more time before she lands on her last life, which we won't be able to take, because if she dies, then so does anyone with their scars."

Klaus realized where she was going with this, sighing. "Nicola and Cristian included."

"Yeah," Kaylin answered, still being sarcastic. "So, that's been fun. Speaking of fun, Matt Donovan exiled vampires from Mystic Falls to let the humans come back, and not just vampires, but witches like Tory, and Lindsey Davis and Bonnie Bennett, yes, even Tory Donovan, his cousin, and hybrids like Kacie Lockwood and Luke Thompson, and werewolves like Luke's brother Ryan, threatening all of us to do so. Nikki offered to stay and help him clean up the town before he let them back, and I offered to help them. Yes, Nicola is always willing to extend a helping hand, but I think that she's trying to distract herself from the break up with Tyler after Damon nearly beat him to death."

Klaus chuckled in amusement. "The complicated love stories of Salvatores and Mikaelsons."

Kaylin smiled. "You're telling me. Hey, I'll call you later. I want to get this town cleaned up, over and done with so that I can finally get out of here."

"And then what, Kaylin?" Klaus asked, slightly teasing.

Kaylin heard the teasing tone, replying the same way. "Ah, I don't know. I could help Nikki and Cristian find a way to remove their scars, or... I can go to New Orleans and Freya and Auria, the two strongest witches there that have more knowledge than Bonnie, Lindsey and Tory, so they might be able to help me out a bit with that. We'll just have to see."

Klaus chuckled. "You're always teasing."

"It's in my nature," Kaylin told him. "And you're always teasing, too, so it's in your nature, too. We like to play and have fun, and we love doing so. Although, our definitions of fun may tend to differentiate." Klaus smirked. Kaylin smiled. "Bye, Klaus."

"I'll see you soon, Kaylin," Klaus told her.

They hung up, smiling small smiles.

(Song Ends)

Klaus started walking down the street, suddenly getting an uneasy feeling, stopping in his tracks. He looked across the street, seeing a man it the street watching him with a creepy, smug smile.

However, several cars drove down the street, temporarily preventing Klaus from seeing the man for a moment. After the cars passed, Klaus found that the man was gone, looking worried.

---

Abattoir Compound - Klaus' Study 

Klaus, Kassandra, Elijah and Freya were talking.

"It was him," Klaus told them. "Is was Gaspar Cortez."

Freya sighed. "I assume this is someone from your box of letters."

"The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords I dealt with in the 17th century," Klaus answered.

"Didn't they burn that philistine pigsty into the ground?" Elijah asked.

Klaus scoffed, visibly appalled by Elijah's distaste. "Pigsty? Belaga was my favorite artist retreat. Someone had to pay for that, so I murdered Gaspar's brute of a father."

"And?" Kassandra asked, knowing there was more death to the story.

Klaus hesitantly went on with the story. "And one or two..."

Elijah sighed, closing his eyes in annoyance and frustration. "Five."

Klaus corrected himself in annoyance. "Five of his bloodthirsty brothers."

"Don't forget the mistress," Elijah told him.

Klaus was offended, pointing at Elijah. "That was an accident."

Kassandra rolled her eyes, seeming only slightly amused despite herself.

Elijah looked at Freya and Kassandra. "The point is that Gaspar was but a footnote."

Klaus nodded in agreement. "Until he became a vampire, hell-bent on hunting me."

---

Parking Lot  

Cortez had just stepped out of his limousine in a back parking lot of some kind in the Quarter, having just addressed his driver, who had opened the door for him. "Thank you. See to it my friends are taken care of, won't you?"

Cortez walked away.

The driver peered into the backseat of the car to find four beautiful women laying dead and slumped together on the seats and floor, each wearing multiple strings of Mardi Gras beads.

---

Abattoir Compound - Klaus' Study 

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya continued to talk.

Klaus sighed. "He's a cunning deviant, known to compel hoards of the helpless to aid him with his tasks."

---

Parking Lot 

The driver was dousing the backseat of the limo in gasoline, getting into the driver's seat, soaking himself in the rest of the gasoline, lighting himself and the car full of bodies on fire.

The limo exploded in a ball of fire.

Cortez walked calmly away from the fiery scene behind him.

---

Abattoir Compound - Klaus' Study 

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya continued to talk about Cortez's arrival.

"You see, this is exactly what I was concerned about," Klaus told them. "Devils of all kinds, crawling out of their crevices to strike at me." He paused when he heard footsteps and unintelligible murmuring approaching with his hybrid hearing, that Elijah and Kassandra could also hear with their vampire hearing. Klaus scowled. "Speaking of which..." 

---

Courtyard 

Davina walked in.

Klaus rushed toward Davina, pushing her against the wall. "Rather foolish of you to come here alone."

Kol appeared, pulling Klaus away from Davina, throwing him across the room, making him fall to the floor, looking from Davina to Klaus, smiling. "She didn't come alone, brother."

Klaus stood, completely stunned to see Kol back.

---~---

Hayley, Mikayla, Elijah, Freya and Kassandra had immediately gone downstairs into the courtyard to find Klaus, Davina and Kol standing together, trying to find out what was the cause of the commotion they had heard.

Klaus, Elijah and Kassandra looked their brother in shock and disbelief.

Kol looked at Klaus. "Now, Nik, I mean, you did go after my girl."

"It can't be," Klaus told him.

Davina stepped in to meditate. "It's Kol. When I broke your sire link, it created a surge of power."

Mikayla gave Davina a cold look. "You stole the nexus vorti." Everyone looked at Mikayla. Mikayla looked only at Davina. "You, Auria, Marcel, Noah, Caitlin are getting very good at stealing things that don't belong to you, aren't you?"

Davina looked at Mikayla in regret. "I am sorry about taking Jackson's heart, Mikayla, but it was a mirror image of yours. It was the only workaround that I could find to save both you and Hayley, because the Strix would have never stopped coming for you if we hadn't. And I had to break the sire link because it was the only way to get enough power to bring Kol back from the dead." She looked at Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya. "Your brother." She looked at Hayley and Mikayla. "Your brother-in-law and Hope's uncle."

Kol walked toward them to defend Davina. "You should be thanking her, really." Kassandra looked at Kol happily in shock, immediately lunging for an embrace, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Kol smiled, returning the embrace just as tightly. "Oh, Kassandra. Ever the loving sister that'll kill for her family and kill her family with tight embraces once they return from the dead." Kassandra took the hint, pulling away, smiling. Kol put a hand on her cheek, smiling. "I missed you, too, sister." He walked toward Elijah. "Hello, Elijah."

Elijah smiled. "You haven't aged a day."

Kol looked at Mikayla and Hayley. "The two wolfy sisters-in-laws. Hello, Hayley. Hello, Mikayla." He looked at Freya, frowning as if he didn't recognize her. "And you..."

"Freya," Freya answered.

Kol nodded in realization. "Right. Long-lost older sister. Speaking of twists and turns in our family tree, where might Rebekah be?"

Freya, Elijah, Kassandra and Klaus exchanged an awkward look.

"That's a long story," Klaus told him. "And one reserved for family. Davina can see herself out."

Kol looked at Klaus in confused exasperation. "Uh, are you--"

"As per usual, our family faces a multitude of threats," Klaus told him. "The sooner you become acquainted with them, the better. I won't have you distracted."

"By Davina?" Kol asked. "You know, if you could only pull your head out of your--"

Davina stepped in to interrupt Kol before he could finish. "Hey. It's okay. I'll go."

Kol looked at her. "Davina."

"You can make it up to me," Davina told him.

"And I will," Kol told her. "Dust off that fancy dress, 'cause tonight, we're going dancing."

Davina smiled. "Okay."

The two kissed goodbye.

Mikayla looked down, seeing how happy that they were, with that kind of love taken from her, with the witch that had taken her husband's heart to use in a spell to break Klaus' sireline and nearly Kassandra and Elijah's to try to kill them, creating the surge of power that she stole all to bring Kol back. She was glad that Hope had another uncle, and that the siblings got their brother back, but watching Davina and Kol like that, after everything was like torture to her.

Davina walked out, leaving.

Hayley looked at Mikayla knowingly, sadly.

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya looked at Kol, surprised by his tenderness toward Davina.

---

Rousseau's

Caitlin and Noah walked into the bar, to find that Elijah was sitting at a table, a glass of brandy sitting next to him on the table, walking closer.

"I'd offer you a drink, but I see you helped yourself," Noah told him.

"I'll leave a generous tip," Elijah told them. "A favor, Caitlin. I need to make absolutely certain that not a splinter of that white oak remains. Get your best men on it."

"That's not gonna happen," Caitlin told him. "My, uh... 'my best men'... Fukuda, Bailey, Flynn... MIA, as of three hours ago. And I get the impression that ordering the Strix to do anything other than find their missing men would be, uh, very bad for our health."

Elijah seemed concerned by this news, nodding in understanding. "It's very bad for everyone's health. Do you have any leads?"

"Mm, the city's full of people who want the Strix out," Noah told him.

"For good reason," Elijah told them. "Bring them the head of the culprit before they burn this city into the ground."

Elijah stood, grabbing his coat, walking out, leaving.

Noah watched him go, scoffing softly. 

Caitlin looked around, sighing, looking at the bartender behind the counter. She could hear her heartbeat from here, salivating at the thought of rushing toward her and feeding off of her until she died.

Noah looked at her in concern. "Caitlin?" The mere sound of his voice pulled Caitlin out of her trance. She looked at him. "You all right?"

Caitlin nodded. "Yeah. Fine. I'm fine, Noah. Definitely. Um, just the 'joys' of the transition into a vampire."

Noah looked at her curiously, not completely convinced, because she was acting completely different.

---

Abattoir Compound - Mikayla's Room 

Mikayla was sitting on the ottoman at the end of her bed, looking at her handwritten list with the following names:

Aurora de Martel

Aya Al-Rashed

Takahashi Fukuda

Arthur Bailey

Cadence Flynn

Isaac Pack

Claire Barclay

Aurora, Aya, Takahashi, Arthur and Cadence had been scratched out, because they were all either dead or locked away.

They were the top ones at her list that had kidnapped Jackson and Mikayla, the ones who took them to Tristan so that he could kill Jackson right in front of her.

Hayley walked in.

Mikayla quickly crumpled up the list in her hands.

"Thought you were in the bayou," Hayley told her.

Mikayla stood, surreptitiously putting the list in her back jeans pocket. "I'm heading back out soon."

Mikayla walked toward the door.

Hayley noticed a speck of blood on Mikayla's forehead, frowning in concern. "Stop. What is this?"

Mikayla stopped, wiping the blood away. "Nothing. I just got caught on a thorn."

Mikayla walked away from Hayley, purposely not looking her in the eyes.

Hayley seemed skeptical. "You've been spending a lot of time with the Crescents lately."

Mikayla turned to face her. "Well, they need me. Ever since Jackson..." She looked away. Hayley realized how still deep in grief Mikayla still was in, sympathetic. Mikayla picked up her jacket, pulling it on. "Do you need something, Hayley?"

Hayley was clearly not buying her act, seeming concerned, though she attempted to hide her worry. "I came to check on you. After seeing Kol and Davina after what she did... You're not the only one overwhelmed with everything. Klaus is, too."

Mikayla sighed. "Well, maybe he's right in being paranoid. Seems like every time we pause to catch our breath, someone ends up dead."

Mikayla walked out, leaving.

Hayley watched her go in concern.

---

St. Anne's Church 

Auria had just arrived to the gym to get a workout in, but she was in normal clothes, without her jacket, punching the bag repeatedly.

A man walked in. "Are you Auria Rayvnne?"

Auria stopped in the exercise, turning to face him, sighing. "Yeah."

"I've been looking for you," the man told her, handing Auria a handwritten note.

Your presence is requested at Rousseau's. Immediately.

Auria gave the man a bemused look. "Immediately? Who gave you this?" The man stood completely still and silent. Auria became annoyed. "Look, man, I'm not going anywhere with you until you tell me what this is all about." The man pulled out a switchblade, stabbing himself in the neck with it. Auria watched in horror, too late to do anything about it. "No!"

The man collapsed to the floor.

Auria ran closer, only to find that he had already died of blood loss. She quickly became furious, standing, walking toward her jacket, picking it up, pulling it on, walking out, leaving.

---

Abattoir Compound - Kol's Room 

Kol was sitting on the bed, reading the letters from Klaus' trophy collection.

Kassandra sat next to him. "Well, isn't this the welcome home? Already at the mercy of Niklaus, and just in time to help the rest of us clean up his mess. Do you miss being dead yet?"

Kol looked at Kassandra, smirking.

Kassandra smiled.

Elijah and Klaus walked in.

Klaus was holding a glass of blood. "Keep up your ceaseless whining, and I'm sure he will." He held the glass toward Kol. "Here." Kol looked at the blood hungrily. "I compelled the housekeeper."

Kol looked torn, looking at the glass for a long moment.

Klaus waved it in his face invitingly.

Kol finally took it. "Next time, a blood bag will be fine. I'm meant to be off the fresh stuff."

Klaus looked at Kol in amusement. "Attempting to be a better man for your girlfriend?"

Kol gave Klaus a look. "I'd rather be with that girlfriend, but since your enemies have returned seeking vengeance, I suppose they ought to be murdered." Kassandra smiled at the thought of killing enemies. "So remind me, who is this Cortez?"

"His family decimated Belaga," Klaus told him.

Kol groaned and laughed at the same time. "Ugh. Belaga. That place was hideous."

Elijah was happy to hear someone agreeing with his opinion of Belaga, smiling, looking at Klaus, gesturing toward Kol smugly. "Thank you, Kol."

Klaus looked between Kol and Elijah, both appalled and exasperated by their opinions. "No taste. Either of you."

Kassandra smiled in amusement, shaking her head. "I have no idea what any of you are talking about."

"Unsurprising, considering that you were sleeping in a box in the 17th century," Kol told her. They all chuckled good-naturally. Kol stood, grabbing the letters. "All right, calm down. I know exactly how to find your enemies, as long as our new sister doesn't chafe at me for teaching her a quick spell." He looked at Klaus, holding up the letters to show him. "Mind if I burn these?"

Klaus looked at Kol curiously in confusion.

---

Rousseau's 

Auria walked in to find all of the patrons standing completely still and motionless. She was unnerved, walking around until she found Cortez sitting at the bar with a plate of food and a glass of scotch.

"I prefer utter silence when I eat," Cortez told her. "Helps me to think. And I think you must be Auria Rayvnne... Regent of New Orleans."

"And you must be the psycho who compelled somebody to die in my arms," Auria told him. "See, that sort of thing is not gonna fly in my city. I'm really gonna enjoy killing you."

Auria raised her hand to cast a spell.

Three men stood, holding knives to the necks of many of the bar customers.

Auria stopped before they could be killed.

"I knew you'd be difficult," Cortez told her. "That's why I compelled these men to murder their fellow patrons. You can see how this could become a bloodbath, yes?"

Auria was already completely angry about how this was going, giving Cortez a cold look. "Yeah. What do you want?"

"I'm looking for something that was lost in this city, and I bet your witch Ancestors know where it is," Cortez told her. "Since you are the Regent, you're gonna ask them to find it for me."

Auria glared at Cortez furiously.

---~---

Marcel's Loft - Living Room 

Noah and Caitlin were standing with Marcel.

Marcel was on the phone. "No one saw her taken? Go to all their hotels, grab their things. No one travels alone."

Marcel hung up.

Noah walked closer. "Another Strix member gone missing?"

"Yeah," Marcel answered. "And I need a favor from Davina, because Auria is not answering my calls. Caitlin, look. Noah and I are not exactly Davina's favorite people right now, but you and Auria are, so, while I go out and look for Auria, can you please ask Davina to do a locator spell for the Strix?"

Caitlin smirked, turning around, walking out, leaving.

Noah looked at Marcel, sighing.

---

Night - St. Anne's Church - Attic 

Davina was kneeling in front of a table with candles in preparation to do the spell for Caitlin.

Caitlin stood nearby, watching. She looked at the black and white lace cocktail dress Davina was wearing, as well as her fancy jewelry and that her hair had been curled into full waves. "Hot date tonight?"

Davina sighed, looking worried and uneasy. "If he shows up. He spent the day with his family. He's a vampire again. An Original vampire. I think when he was dead, it was easy to forget that he was a Mikaelson, but... watching him and the way he fits in with all of them, it's... it's pretty weird."

"Well, hey, if I learned anything in the last year, it's that it doesn't matter what he is," Caitlin told her. "It only matters who he is. So... who is he?"

Davina smiled weakly. "I'm still figuring that out." She sighed, grabbing a vial of black sand to cast her locator spell. She started to chant the incantation, spreading the sand in an infinity symbol over a map on the table, upon which the belongings of the three missing Strix vampires were resting. "Chase la verde la perdo. Chase la verde la perdo." She closed her eyes. The spell took effect. Whatever she sensed did not appear to be good. Davina looked at Caitlin, sighing. "Well, good news is I found your friends. The bad news is they're dead."

Caitlin sighed.

---

Abattoir Compound - Downstairs Living Room 

Kol and Freya were standing next to each other at the coffee table, where Kol was starting to burn the letters that Klaus had used as trophies.

Elijah, Klaus and Kassandra watched solemnly from nearby.

"Mixing the ashes of these letters with your blood, Nik, will show us where your enemies are," Kol told him, crushing the ashes up with a mortar and pestle. Freya handed him a gold goblet with Klaus' blood. Kol sprinkled the ashes into the goblet, handing it to Freya. Freya poured the ash blood mixture onto a map of the world, which was pinned down by white candles. Kol pulled a spell written on parchment out of his jacket pocket, handing it to Freya, smirking. "With feeling now."

Freya chuckled, giving Kol an amused look, taking the spell from him. She took a deep breath, reciting the incantation. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros. Calaste piso tal tras es tros." The blood started to break apart into eleven small beads, which scattered across the map. Listed were the closest approximations: four total in North America (one near Chicago, Illinois; one in New Orleans, Louisiana; one in Southern California; and one in South-Central Mexico); one was in Southeastern Brazil; three were in Europe (Belgium, Southern Italy, and Western Russia); two in Africa (one in Nigeria; one in South Africa); and one in South Korea. "Behold your greatest hits, Klaus. All over the world. But only one is here. Which means the legion of enemies you were worried about is an army of one."

---

Rousseau's 

Auria was sitting at the bar, in the middle of reluctantly casting a locator sell for the white oak so that she could save the people.

Marcel walked in, seeing what was going on, confused. "Auria?" Auria didn't answer, trying to focus on the spell. Marcel walked closer in concern. "Auria!"

Cortez came up from behind Marcel, putting a knife to his throat, restraining him. "Disturbing her would end very badly for everyone here."

"I take it you're the guy behind the mess at the gym," Marcel told him, holding up the note Auria had left behind, stained with the compelled man's blood, breaking free from Cortez's grip, taking the knife from him, turning to put it against Cortez's throat.

"You're a vampire," Cortez told him. "Well, maybe I can't compel you, but I have other ways to make you do what I want." He looked behind Marcel. Marcel turned to see the men holding knives to their fellow bar patrons behind him. "Those men don't want to kill their friends. If you behave, they won't have to."

Auria coughed on the incense smoke in front of her, glaring at Cortez. "Leave him out of this."

"I'll gladly release you both once you find what I'm looking for," Cortez told her.

"I will find the white oak," Auria told him. She glanced behind Cortez to see that Marcel had his phone out to send a message to Klaus, trying her best to keep Cortez distracted long enough for Marcel to send it. "Just leave them alone." Cortez was focused on Auria. Auria anxiously turned to the table, continuing her spell. "Um... Uh..."

---

Abattoir Compound - Downstairs Living Room 

Freya, Kol, Klaus, Elijah and Kassandra were still in the upstairs living room, where they were still discussing what they had learned from Freya's spell.

"I assure you, this is your Gaspar Cortez," Kol told them, circling the drop of blood on the map that was right on the dot indicating New Orleans, Louisiana.

Klaus got the text message from Marcel:

Problem. Rousseau's.

---

Rousseau's 

Auria was trying to focus on the spell to commune with the Ancestors.

Cortez saw Marcel put his phone away, rushing toward him, pushing him against the wall, 

The spell made Auria groan in pain.

Cortez was annoyed, slamming Marcel against the wall, making him fall to the floor, turning to Auria. "Did you see the white oak?"

Auria closed her eyes, trying to process what she had just seen. "Aurora hid it, but the Ancestors aren't saying where."

Cortez smirked, pleased. "But it exists."

"Look, man, they are not going to help you," Auria told him.

"Ask them again," Cortez told her. "This time, I strongly suggest you don't take no for an answer."

Auria looked toward where Marcel was on the floor and in the process of getting up, sighing, slamming her hand on the table in frustration.

Cortez gave Auria a look.

Auria reluctantly started a new spell. "L'objet que perdu est petis in civitate..."

---

The French Quarter - Alley 

Elijah and Noah had met up in a dark alley. 

Elijah did not look at all pleased to be summoned here. "Went to the wrong dumpster. Of course, I have nothing better to do."

Noah rolled his eyes, opening the dumpster, revealing the mutilated bodies of several vampires inside. "Caitlin and Davina found our missing Strix. Wolf bites. They were tortured and then torn apart." Elijah looked worried at the sight of these bodies. Noah looked at him knowingly, sighing. "Elijah, Jackson was killed just around the corner from here." Elijah realized that Mikayla was behind this. Noah gave him a knowing look. "The Strix are still gonna want the head of whoever did this."

Elijah was still stunned, gesturing to the dumpster. "Burn the bodies, Noah. I'll call Hayley. She told me that she knew that Mikayla was up to something. She didn't know what. I'll tell her what's going on. If anyone can get through to Mikayla, it's her."

Noah nodded.

---

Warehouse District 

Mikayla had a female Strix vampire from her list that had helped capture Jackson and herself in the abandoned warehouse, having her bound to a chair, looking at the hybrid bite that she had given her on the neck earlier in the day.

The female vampire whimpered in pain.

Mikayla circled around the female vampire in the chair menacingly.

The female vampire gave Mikayla a vicious look, glaring at her angrily in hate, looking as if she was about to try and break free from the chains that bound her to the chair she was in.

Mikayla looked at the female vampire in annoyance, grabbing an ax from the floor, getting ready to swing it at her.

Hayley walked in, looking at her sister, visibly appalled by the sight in front of her. "Mikayla! What the hell are you doing?"

Mikayla didn't answer, looking from Hayley to the female vampire. She swung the ax as hard as she could, decapitating the female vampire with more force than she had to, splattering her face with blood in the process, watching the head fall from her body to the floor.

Hayley watched in shock.

---

Rousseau's 

Auria was still doing the locator spell for the white oak, but the Ancestors were fighting her by making blood start to leak out of her eyes as she chanted as strongly as she could. "L'objet perdu que petis est in civitate, in qua non dico l'objet que petis in civitate... l'objet que... que..."

Marcel stood to face Cortez, wanting to defend and save Auria, but not wanting to get the humans killed. "You're not gonna get what you want if she's dead."

"Shut up," Cortez told him. "Auria, I grow impatient. Where is the white oak?" 

Auria started to shake, falling out of her chair. Marcel rushed over to catch Auria in his arms so that she didn't fall to the floor, kneeling to the floor, holding Auria to make sure she was okay. Auria was barely conscious from the energy and pain it took to fight the Ancestors' wishes. Marcel turned to glare at Cortez. 

Klaus walked in. "Cortez." Cortez turned to look at Klaus with contempt. Klaus approached him, examining a wooden stake in his hand. "Welcome to New Orleans. Long time no see. You've come all this way. You must be tired. Please, allow me the courtesy of putting you to rest."

Auria looked at the compelled patrons. "Klaus..."

Klaus looked over to see the three men holding knives to the necks of three patrons.

"Make a move, Niklaus, and everyone here will die," Cortez told him. Klaus sighed. "Or... You can wait for us all to learn the whereabouts of the white oak." Klaus looked at them suspiciously in surprise. "Choice is yours. Either way, I win."

Klaus glared at Cortez mutinously.

---~--- 

Auria was still suffering from the after effects of trying to do the spell against the Ancestors' wishes and the Ancestors' retaliating against her. Marcel helped Auria sit up, holding her in a sitting position comfortingly.

Cortez looked at Klaus. "So, here's how this works. Everyone lives... once you let me leave."

Klaus scoffed, using the stake to point at Cortez. "So, you expect me to let you live, knowing you seek white oak? It's a shame how some vampires grow so dim with age." He smirked patronizingly. "Killing you will be a mercy."

Cortez shrugged. "Kill me, and this quaint eatery turns into a slaughterhouse, shining a light on your town's more repulsive activities." 

Klaus looked appalled by his words. "You know, I really liked Belaga."

Auria realized what he was about to do, but was too weak from the Ancestors to stop him. "Klaus, no." Klaus threw the stake at Cortez so hard that it hit him in the chest, forcing him back against the doorway. Before the men armed with knives could even react, Klaus rushed to snap all three of their necks, saving the patrons, who were still compelled to do nothing but stand perfectly still. Auria looked horrified, crawling closer to the dying men. "No. No, no."

Marcel knelt next to Auria, supporting her weight against him. "It's too late."

Marcel gave Klaus an unsurprised, unimpressed look.

Cortez was still alive, though the stake was still buried in his chest, weakly removing it. Marcel was now furious at Cortez, and now that he could do something about him coming after Auria like that, he rushed over to him, grabbing him by the lapels, throwing him across the bar, making him fall to the floor. Marcel smashed a nearby bar stool, taking the broken chair leg to use as a makeshift stake, driving it into Cortez's stomach, pinning him to the floor.

Klaus was impressed but unsurprised with how protective and vengeful Marcel was when it came to someone hurting someone he cared about.

Auria watched Cortez's pain smugly, since he was the one that was behind all of this.

---

Warehouse District 

Mikayla put the ax down, turning to face Hayley.

Hayley walked toward Mikayla. "This has to stop."

"Why are you defending these people, Hayley?" Mikayla asked. "Oh, that's right, because they're the only ones that can protect Elijah from the white oak. Well, guess what? These are the people who who tasked with protecting the two of us two, and they helped Tristan capture me and Jackson so he could rip his heart out of his chest right in front of me." She took out her hit list from her pocket. "This is a list, of all the Strix who took down me and my husband. The ones responsible for his execution, which I was forced to watch."

Hayley took the list from Mikayla, opening it, reading for a brief moment, looking at her. "The Strix will consider this as an act of war, Mikayla. Now, please, think about what this will do to--"

"To who?" Mikayla asked. "To you? To the Mikaelsons? Do not use our family in an attempt to tame me, Hayley. Now, I have taken risks for you, for Klaus, for Kassandra, for Elijah, for Freya, for Hope. It is about time that I do right by Jackson. I'm sorry if that inconveniences you."

Mikayla tried to walk past her to exit the warehouse.

Hayley grabbed Mikayla by the arm to stop her, turning her back to face her. "Please, don't. Don't leave like this. I wasn't going to say any of those things. I was going to say think about what this will do to you. You could get yourself hurt. You could get yourself killed. I know you're grieving, and I know that you're angry and that you want justice, but heading in on your own is not the way. Okay? I just need you to calm down and stop, please."

Mikayla tried to fight back the tears, but they came anyway. "I can't. I loved him, Hayley. I always loved him. I still do. And he died loving me. And now everywhere I look, I see him, and it's pushing me to fight to do right by him, and that means taking down everyone that is responsible for his death. I--I--I see him, Hayley. He's everywhere to me. It's like he's right there. He died because of me. So... out of respect for him, I have to do what he would do if that happened to me. I can't let his death be in vain."

Hayley held Mikayla's arms in her hands. "And you won't. Okay? You've done enough. Let us take care of the rest. Okay?" Mikayla looked at her in devastation, feeling like everything that she had been holding back came crashing down around her, crying silently. Hayley pulled Mikayla into her arms comfortingly, sympathetically. Mikayla slowly returned the embrace. "It's going to be okay. Everything's gonna be okay."

---

Rousseau's 

Marcel and Klaus had compelled all of the patrons to leave and forget everything that happened.

Marcel helped Auria sit down at a table.

Klaus walked toward them and Cortez, who was still pinned down where Marcel had left him. "I appreciate your patience, Auria. Now that his victims have gone, compelled by Marcel and me to remember nothing of this night, we can take our time catching up." He knelt next to Cortez, twisting the stake in his stomach to cause him great pain, making him groan a scream, ripping the stake out of his stomach painfully, standing, pulling him up from the floor, slamming him against the bar, pinning him down to prepare to kill him. "So, before I end you, I just have one teensy little question. How did you know about the white oak?"

"There's no shortage of vampires who loathe you," Cortez told him. "Over the years, we've found ways of staying connected. The world evolved, and those connections became simpler..." He pulled out his phone, holding it up. "Stronger and instantaneous." He dropped the phone to the floor. "It started as a rumor on a private message board."

---

Abattoir Compound - Downstairs Living Room 

Freya, Kol and Kassandra were still at the compound in the downstairs living room. They heard a dripping noise, walking over to the map, where they saw the small drops of blood on the map starting to move toward New Orleans.

Freya, Kol and Kassandra were horrified that they were all coming for Klaus.

"It never stops," Kassandra told them. "Never."

---

Rousseau's

Auria was trying to recover in her chair, breathing heavily. Marcel stood next to her. They watched Klaus and Cortez. Klaus still had Cortez pinned against the bar.

"Now, I've confirmed the truth for everyone," Cortez told him. "So, go ahead. Kill me. But I will die filled with joy. Your sired are coming, Niklaus. They will destroy everything you love. And then they will use the white oak to kill you. And at last, you will get the retribution you deserve."

Klaus was now filled with rage, karate chopping Cortez's head clean off of his shoulders, breathing heavily.

Auria looked relieved that it was over, still trying to recover.

Marcel lifted Auria from her chair into his arms, walking out with her, leaving.

---~---

Abattoir Compound - Downstairs Living Room 

Klaus and Elijah had come home to join Freya, Kol and Kassandra in watching the map as the drops of blood continued to head straight for New Orleans, some faster than others.

"So, this may only be a fraction of our potential enemies," Elijah told them.

Kol chuckled. "In hindsight, we could've been nicer to people." Kassandra looked at Kol curiously, raising her eyebrows questioningly. "Or at least left fewer survivors."

Kassandra smirked, nodding.

Klaus turned to face Elijah and Kassandra. "We don't know all their motivations. Half of these people could want to put the bullet in your hearts. End the sire war with the pull of a trigger."

"I have an army devoted to keeping me alive," Elijah told them. "The only people that care to protect Niklaus or Kassandra, other than Lucien for Kassandra, are standing in this very room." He gave Klaus and Kassandra a serious look, hesitating, hating the suggestion that he was making. "As you well know, there is another way."

Klaus sighed, but seemed to know that Elijah was right.

Kassandra shook her head. "I don't have to worry about my enemies and my life as much as our brother, and I'm not going anywhere."

Freya looked at Kassandra in confusion. She looked at Elijah curiously until she realized what they were talking about. She looked at Klaus. "You're going to run?"

Klaus chuckled. "There was a time when the name Klaus Mikaelson was little more than a rumor. A shadowy figure who cast fear in the very bones of any who heard whisper of him. I don't run, sister. I disappear. And tonight, the four of you are going to make that possible."

Klaus held up a burlap sack with bloodstains over it.

---

Noah/Caitlin's Loft - Living Room 

Noah and Caitlin had come to meet up with the two Strix vampires that had come to Marcel's loft that morning.

Noah placed a burlap sack with bloodstains over it on a silver platter on the table, pulling it off to reveal the vampire's head. "Gaspar Cortez. From Klaus' line."

"We crossed him once, during the early days of the sireline war," Vampire 2 told them. "Clearly, the truce between the three lines has come to an end."

Noah sighed. "Unfortunately, before we got to him, there were a few more Strix casualties."

---

Flashback

Earlier That Night - Warehouse 

Elijah was singlehandedly killing a group of vampires, the ones remaining from Mikayla's list that had kidnapped both her and Jackson from the bayou and made it possible for Tristan to rip his heart out in front of her. He decapitated some, removed the hearts of others, all in a blur of motion that was too fast to catch.

---

Outside 

Elijah had put the bodies of the Strix vampires into a dumpster, burning them just like Noah had taken care of the others, blood splattered over his face.

Noah: (voice over) "Cortez burned the bodies."

---

Now

Night - Noah/Caitlin's Loft - Living Room 

Noah, Caitlin and the two Strix vampires were talking.

"But he got his, and he won't be bothering your sireline anymore," Noah told them.

"So go on, make this the centerpiece for the wake," Caitlin told them. "But before we mourn, just remember that this guy wasn't the only one with an ax to grind. All right? Rumor has it, vampires are coming in from all over, looking for the last of the white oak. So, if we want to protect your sireline, we need to know. This is not over. It's just getting started."

---

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard

(Song:) Pray - JRY feat. Rooty 

Kol walked toward Kassandra, feeding from a blood bag. "We'll just get Nik to bleed into that chalice. Add some oleander and a spotted owl feather, I'll give you the incantation, and we'll be good."

"Impressive," Kassandra told him proudly. "You created this spell?"

"Well, there's no witchcraft on this planet that I haven't studied," Kol told her. "You were well aware of that before you were daggered in the 1400s, but long after that, I was studying so much more magic. There was a time that you were as interested in magic as I am, Kassandra."

"Well, that was then," Kassandra told him. "Maybe if I had been awake for more than half my life, I would have been a genius at this like you." They both smiled, sitting down in their respective chairs. Kassandra smiled happily. "I'm glad you're back. You should know, Rebekah kept her promise to fight for you... before the curse. I suppose we're all lucky Davina never gave up on you. Although she did it by nearly getting me and our brothers killed. She didn't even care that we would die, but she was determined to bring you back. Wish there was a better option for you, Kol, and I know of one."

Kol smirked knowingly at her constant teasing. "Mm, let me guess, Sandra. You still find Eliza Forbes better since she was able to stop our mother in Mystic Falls."

"And Eliza is sweet, and kind, and she didn't try to kill us," Kassandra answered. 

"Well, there was one time where Eliza daggered me, and her friends were forced to kill but, but that was because of Rosalita," Kol told her.

"Exactly," Kassandra told him. "Eliza never wanted to hurt you or us. Not to mention she's a vampire now."

Kol looked at her in surprise. "Eliza is a vampire?"

"Yeah," Kassandra answered.

Kol chuckled, shaking his head. "Never imagined a world where Eliza Forbes was a vampire and being even more crossed into family Mikaelson."

"Neither did we," Kassandra told him. "But I don't care who you end up with, Kol. Eliza, or Davina. Though I'll admit that I do like Eliza a lot better in general. Just as long as you end up with happiness, like the rest of us Mikaelsons."

Kol smiled at his sister, causing Kassandra to smile in return. "Thank you, Kassandra. I'm going to have to write the spell down for Freya." Kol reached toward the table for a pen and paper. "There's somewhere I ought to be."

Kol started to scribble down the incantation for the spell.

Kassandra watched him, smiling, visibly happy for him.

---

Auria's Apartment - Bedroom 

Marcel had taken Auria home, laying her down in her bed.

Auria sighed heavily, tiredly. "I'm so glad Cortez is dead."

Marcel nodded. "I bet you are. I know you would've killed him yourself if he hadn't compelled the bar."

"You're right about that," Auria told him. "And I was gonna enjoy it, too." Marcel chuckled. "I wanted to thank you for coming to my rescue. And though you wanted to save me, you didn't kill the knife-weilders like the hybrid did, because you knew that I wouldn't like it."

"Well, that, and I'm not supposed to kill the locals, remember?" Marcel asked. "If I don't follow my own rules, none of my vampires are going to."

Auria smiled a small smile. "I did the spell so that I could find the white oak and destroy it. And I didn't do anything about the compelled guys because I wanted to save all of them. Not just some of them."

Marcel sighed. "Well, you can't save everyone, Auria. Though, you do try." He kissed Auria slowly and sweetly for a long moment, pulling away. Auria relaxed even further, smiling a small, tired smile. "I need to meet up with Caitlin, Noah and the Strix about their dead men, otherwise I wouldn't leave."

"No, it's okay," Auria told him. "Go. You gotta keep the cover." Marcel nodded, standing, walking toward the door. "Marcel?" Marcel stopped at the doorway, looking at Auria. Auria smiled. "Thank you."

Marcel nodded, smiling a small smile, walking out, leaving.

Auria watched him go, content.

(Song Ends)

Auria was suddenly overcome with a vision that caused her to groan in pain and hold her head. Her eyes clouded over. She got flashes of a cloth-wrapped bundle hidden in a loose floorboard of what looked like the old abandoned postal service train car where Aurora had been once staying. She realized that the Ancestors suddenly gave her the location of the last of the white oak, confused and suspicious as to why they would hand that information over to her now. 

---~---

St. Anne's Church - Attic 

Davina was still in her fancy outfit, seeming to have given up hope on Kol showing up, taking off her bracelet.

Kol appeared in the doorway, smiling. 

Davina saw him, looking reassured but hesitant, walking toward Kol. "Everything okay with your family?"

Kol rolled his eyes. "'Course not."

Davina seemed surprised by this reaction. "Don't they need you?"

Kol shrugged. "Desperately." He walked toward Davina, putting his jacket on a chair, smirking. "But for the moment, they'll be fine. And in the meantime, I prefer to be here with you."

Kol placed a hand on Davina's cheek. Davina smiled happily.

---

Abattoir Compound - Outside 

Klaus was outside of the compound, putting Hope in the backseat with her car seat.

Hayley and Mikayla were talking nearby.

"Please, come with us," Hayley told her.

"I can't just leave," Mikayla told her.

"Yes, you can," Hayley told her. "Elijah took care of the rest of the vampires on your list. He killed them for you to prove to you that you're not in this on your own. You just got a taste of revenge, and you won't stop until all of the Strix are gone or dead, and then it'll cause a war between all of us. I already lost my brother-in-law, Mikayla. I cannot lose my sister, too. And if you're seeing Jackson everywhere like you're saying, then you need some time away from New Orleans. You need a break from all the pressure and the stress that you're under."

Mikayla sighed, shaking her head, not knowing what to do. "Hayley..."

Klaus watched them from the car, sighing, walking closer. "Mikayla..." Mikayla looked at him. "I've never experienced a loss of a wife, but I once had to compel Kaylin, the one woman that I have ever truly loved, into forgetting about both me and her then-best friend Rebekah. I had to wipe our existence from her mind, as we were running from our father, and I didn't want to put her in that kind of danger. I know what you're going through. Perhaps getting out of this town will clear your head enough for you to get started on going forward with your life. Everyone needs space from their home time and again. I can't think of a better time for you."

Mikayla looked from Klaus to Hayley, biting her lip, considering their offer.

Hayley nodded reassuringly.

Mikayla took a deep breath, nodding. "Okay."

Hayley wrapped an arm around Mikayla's shoulders, leaning her head against her sister's. "It's going to be okay. I'll be with you."

Mikayla nodded.

---

St. Anne's Church - Attic 

(Song:) For You - Serena Ryder 

Kol had just set the record player to an old tune, turning to face Davina.

Davina smiled, snapping her fingers, using magic to turn up the volume and have more robust. 

Kol chuckled in amusement, walking toward her.

"You taught me that," Davina told him.

"I will miss the magic," Kol told her. "But tonight, I'm just happy to be back."

Kol took Davina's hands in his own, putting her arms around his neck so they could dance. They placed their foreheads together, spinning slowly.

(Song Ends)

"Can you control it?" Davina asked. "The hunger?"

Kol nodded. "I can control it. And it wasn't the magic that made me better. It was you."

Davina smiled, looking Kol in the eyes for a long moment. "And, as for the magic, if you ever get the urge..." She started to unbutton his shirt, looking at him seductively. "There are other ways. You don't have to do magic to feel it."

Davina pulled Kol's shirt off, continuing to look at him, slowly unzipping her dress, letting it fall to the floor, baring her undergarments.

Kol looked at her longingly for a moment. "Davina Claire. You are the best thing about being alive."

Davina and Kol looked at each other for a long moment, starting to kiss passionately.

---

Noah/Caitlin's Loft - Outside 

(Song:) No One's Here to Sleep - Naughty Boy feat. Bastille

Caitlin walked toward the loft, looking restless and unlike herself, distant and far away, numb. 

---

Inside - Living Room 

Caitlin walked into the loft. She looked relieved from whatever was going on in her head, seeming more herself. She sighed in relief, content with being home, but still looking thoughtful.

---

Kitchen 

Caitlin walked into the kitchen toward the deep freezer, opening it to reveal blood bags inside, looking at them for a moment. She took one out, pulling it open, starting to drink it slowly, continuing to drink, craving, wanting more with every taste, closing her eyes in pleasure, but she was able to control herself for the most part. 

Noah walked in, seeing her. "Hunger's not easy to control, is it?"

Caitlin stopped feeding, turning to face Noah in surprise, a little blood on her lips. "It's easier now than it was out there."

Noah looked at her understandingly, walking closer. "It'll get easier."

"The more I drink, the more hungry I get, the more anger I feel," Caitlin told him. "Noah, I've always been angry before, but..."

"But now that everything's heightened, it's all you can feel most of the time," Noah finished. "Though you try to keep control of it the best you can. I know the feeling, Caitlin, trust me. That's how I felt after I first turned."

"I just wish that the anger I feel won't get the best of me," Caitlin told him.

Noah walked closer, standing in front of Caitlin, merely inches away from her. "And I won't let it. All right? Whatever you need, I am here. You get angry, you don't take it out on anyone else. If you need to, you fight with me, like we always do. Okay? Don't hold back."

Caitlin nodded understandingly. 

Noah gently used a thumb to wipe the blood from Caitlin's lips, tasting the blood off his fingers. Caitlin looked at him for a moment, seeming to lose herself in his eyes, leaning closer to kiss him slowly and sweetly at first, building up passionately and heatedly. Noah started to pull away after a moment.

Caitlin grabbed Noah by the wrists to keep him from going far, meeting his gaze. "Now it's time to take your own advice. Don't hold back."

Noah was slightly surprised to hear this side of her, smirking in amusement. Caitlin rushed closer, pushing him against the wall, kissing him hungrily, heatedly and passionately, pushing his jacket off, ripping his shirt down the middle, seductively sliding the remains off of his bare chest. They pulled away, looking at each other for a long moment, with his hands weaving through her hair and her arms wrapped around his neck to pull each other closer, continuing to kiss. Noah lifted Caitlin to his waist so that she could wrap her legs around his waist, rushing her toward the counter, setting her down, taking off her jacket, letting it fall onto the counter. Caitlin never looked away from his eyes while she took off his belt, wrapping it around his neck lightly to pull him into a deeper kiss. Noah raised her shirt above her head, letting it fall. They continued to kiss heatedly and passionately.

(Song Ends)

---

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard 

Klaus, Elijah, Freya and Kassandra were in the courtyard.

Klaus walked toward them with his bags. "Is it done?"

"Yes," Freya answered. "And now any witch who does a locator spell will believe you're right here in New Orleans."

"You know, for all of his mischief, Kol truly is a master of his craft," Kassandra told them in amusement.

Elijah chuckled. "Yes, well, drawing trouble is Kol's forte."

"You'll thank him for me?" Klaus asked.

Kassandra nodded sadly.

Elijah looked at Klaus seriously. "Don't stop driving till you're absolutely certain that you are safe."

Klaus smiled. "You don't have to remind me how precious my cargo is." 

(Song:) Thousand Eyes - Of Monsters and Men 

Kassandra wrapped her arms around Klaus, embracing him goodbye. Klaus returned the embrace. They pulled away. Klaus kissed Kassandra on the cheek. Klaus and Elijah embraced, pulling away. Klaus and Freya embraced, pulling away. Klaus kissed Freya on the cheek. 

Klaus looked at Freya, nodding to Elijah and Kassandra. "Keep them in line, would you, sister?"

Freya nodded sadly.

Klaus walked out with his bag in hand.

---

St. Anne's Church - Attic 

Davina had fallen asleep after she and Kol had had sex in her bed, laying on his chest. 

Kol had his arm around her, rubbing her arm affectionately for a long moment, kissing her on the shoulder. He gently laid her aside to get out of bed in his boxer briefs, checking to make sure he wasn't waking her, walking toward his jacket, reaching into his pocket to pull out a blood bag. However, when he saw that it was empty, his eyes widened in horror as he tried his best to drink what little remained. Unfortunately for him, it was completely dry, and the fact that he had no ethically-sourced blood to feed on made him visibly panicked.

---

Abattoir Compound - Outside 

Hayley, Klaus and Mikayla were packing up their car.

Elijah, Freya and Kassandra were watching from the balcony above.

---

Car 

Klaus got into the driver's seat.

Hayley got into the passenger seat.

Mikayla got into the backseat with Hope, sitting behind Hayley, while Hope sat behind Klaus.

"I trust you've said your goodbyes," Klaus told them.

"Something like that," Mikayla answered.

"We may be gone for quite some time," Klaus told them.

"It's worth it to keep Hope from what's coming and helping Mikayla find a way to move on with her life," Hayley told him, looking at Mikayla sadly.

Mikayla slowly, numbly nodded in agreement, gazing off. "Besides, there's nothing here for me anymore."

Klaus looked at her. "Well, then... perhaps we have more in common than we thought, Mikayla."

Klaus smiled kindly, looking from Mikayla to Hope.

Hope was in a furry pink coat, buckled into her car seat.

Hayley looked at Mikayla, smiling sadly.

Klaus drove them away.

---

Outside 

Freya, Elijah and Kassandra were still standing on the balcony over the street, watching them drive away sadly, worriedly.

"It's going to be quiet around here," Freya told them.

Kassandra sighed heavily, shaking her head. "I wouldn't bet on it."

---

Saint Charles Place - Train Car 

Auria had a flashlight, walking through the railway car into a room full of wire shelves with bottles and jars on them. She found the loose floorboard from her vision, prying it open, unfolding the cloth to find a jar full of sawdust, pouring it out into her hands until she uncovered the sole remaining white oak bullet, gasping softly in shock at what she had just found.

---

Noah/Caitlin's Loft - Bedroom

Noah and Caitlin were laying in bed underneath the covers. Caitlin was asleep with her head on his chest. Noah had his arm around her, looking more concerned for her than he had let on.

---

The French Quarter - Alley 

Kol was in a vacant alley, hungrily feeding on a woman who whimpered in pain until she died. He pulled away, letting her fall to the ground, still transformed, and his mouth still covered in blood. He became horrified by what he had just done, but he seemed more angry than anything.

A familiar male voice called out to him, breaking him out of his panic. "There was never any hope for you, brother." Kol turned his head to look at who approached him, horrified when he saw it was Finn, in his Original body, standing before him. "No self-control."

Kol glared at his brother furiously for sentencing him to death while they had both been witches. "Finn."

Finn smirked smugly.

(Song Ends)

---~---

3.16 "Alone With Everybody" Trailer 

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Finn walked into a room to join Kassandra, Elijah, Kol and Freya.

Freya: (voice over from 3.16 Alone With Everybody) "Finn's return is an opportunity..."

Earlier, Kassandra, Elijah and Freya were talking.

"To fix what's broken," Freya told them.

"How can you be certain?" Kassandra asked.

FAMILY FEUD

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Elijah walked toward Finn. "How was hell? Is it warm this time of year?"

IMMORTAL STYLE

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Elijah, Kassandra, Kol and Freya were talking.

"He's luring his enemies..." Kol trailed off.

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the train car, Auria was holding the white oak bullet.

Kol: (voice over from 3.16 Alone With Everybody) "Out of the woodwork."

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Davina was looking through a grimoire. "Let's see how you like a taste of your own medicine."

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in thetrain car, Auria began to lose her temper after being threatened so much recently, angrily walking closer to a woman, done playing nice. "If you're looking for an easy target..."

A vampire rushed toward Auria. Auria cast a pain infliction spell on him that was so powerful that he immediately grabbed his head and fell to the floor with a groan of pain.

Auria: (voice over from 3.16 Alone With Everybody) "You're in the wrong place."

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Finn gripped Davina by the throat, pushing her against the wall. 

Kol rushed closer to start a fight with Finn.

From 3.16 "Alone With Everybody", in the compound, Kassandra, Elijah, Caitlin, Marcel and Noah were talking.

"I think the phrase 'sibling rivalry' is about to take on a whole new meaning," Caitlin told them.

Marcel chuckled.

Noah smirked, taking a drink.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE ORIGINALS)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 699 34
Damelia Salvatore , twin of Damon , elder sister of Stefan, visits Mystic Falls after hearing her brothers are still alive . (TVD)Season 2 to Season...
82.4K 1.6K 29
After two months of freedom to live her dreams; Arielle's back to Mystic Falls for a new adventure. This time she's stronger with new friends, new sk...
718K 18.3K 97
She was their protector, because they were all she had. She returned to Mystic Falls solely to help them, and had every intention of leaving afterwar...
26.5K 732 35
I do not own these characters. Those rights go to Julie Plec. This is a love story between Caroline Forbes and Niklaus Mikaelson. None of this i...