It's Gotta be Him

By escapeme

FINISHED! Gabbie and Cat live in a tiny city in a relatively rural part of Australia. One Direction is perfor... More

Gotta be Him
I've got a Hangover, woah!
An Awkward Meeting
Pucker up, Gabbie :P
Smile and say 'Cheese!'
Running nude in the rain...
Zayn's Making Progress...
Go, Grease Lightning!
Um.. Wow
Cat's Pyrotechnics are SO accurate these days...
Confessions
Mile High club
We turn into Bitches... what do you want?
*Dead* Oh wait, Gabbie just fainted.
Chinese or Indian?
PARTY IN DA HOUSE!
F-a-c-k F-a-c-k fack, fack, facking FREAK-ME!
I'll find the words to say... if you leave me today <3
Cry me a River
Not a Movie Style Girlfriend...
Circles, we're going in circles....
Men. What are you gonna do?
Going, Going, Gone...
Get out, Get out, Get out of my Head...
It's a damn cold night... Part ONE
It's a Damn Cold Night.. Part TWO
Beautiful
Shocking Much?
Epilogue
Hey, Hey!

Gabbie, some teasing and some swimmers beside the pool...

1.2K 16 4
By escapeme

"Do you here something, Cat?" Gabbie asked in an airy voice, lifting her eyes from her latest Dolly magazine with a sarcastic smile.

Cat rolled her eyes in amuesment and glanced at Harry, who was perched on the edge of the lounge, facing Gabbie, a second question on his lips. He'd just asked her if she'd like to go swimming. Gabbie, despite the fact Harry had apologised so many times even Cat had to forgive him, was still angry at Harry for leaving them outside while they leisurly walked down the stairs. To top it off, the Hotel was across from a nice row of pubs and there had been several average looking males, slightly older than Gabbie hanging around drunkenly out the front.

When they had notcied the three girls hanging around out the front, they'd taken it upon themselves to become overly... friendly. Cat had never had her boobs stared at or her arse pinched so much in her life. But one had taken a real liking to Gabbie, Shania and Cat thought that maybe it had shaken her up a little. She didn't want to but nautrally she blamed the guys for being dickheads. She kind of blamed Cat for closing the elevator on them too, but since Cat had been just as harrased, she let is slide.

Cat snickered as Gabbie glanced, ignoring a pleading look from Harry, around the room. Shania had her nose buried in Cat's laptop. Cat still wasn't sure what she was doing on their, not that she cared much.

"The wind?" Cat offered, shrugging.

Harry shot her a dirty look, mouthing the words, 'Not exactly helping' through his lips. Cat offered him a sly wink, aware that Shania was watching with pure amuesment on her heart-shaped face.

The rest of the boys decided that this was the moment to enter the room in nothing but board shorts, with towels around their necks. "Harry," Liam asked with a frown, glancing at his jean clad friend. "Aren't you going swimming?"

Harry sent Cat a sad glance and jerked his head at Gabbie, who had resumed looking at her magazine. 'Talk to her!' he mouthed before turning with a huge smile on his face to Liam. "Yeah! Lets go! Shania are you coming?"

Shania shook herself out of her trance (She had been staring at Louis) and smiled at Harry, who gave her a knowing look. "Oh, um, yeah. In a bit."

Cat chuckled. "Hey, Nia. Might want to wipe the drool off your mouth."

Shania blushed before wiping her hand across her mouth. "What?"

Cat laughed so hard she snorted and scrambled off the couch until she was crawling across the ground. She skirted around the boys, still laughing and disappeared up the hallway. The boys exchanged glances before bursting out laughing and shaking their heads after Cat.

"She's a weird one." Louis laughed, grabbing Cat's laptop off of Shania. He peered at the screen before blushing. "You follow me on Twitter?"

Shania laughed. "No way, this is Cat's twitter. I was just seeing if you ever answered her tweets." She rolled her eyes and jumped to her feet. "Lets go swimming!"

Gabbie peered up at her. "I think I'll stay..."

Harry sighed and marched off to his room, muttering something under his breath. Shania followed, talking to Louis about something or another, while everyone else just looked at Gabbie.

"What?" She asked, feeling all eyes on her.

"He's really torn up about it, Gabbie." Niall said, his irish accent even thicker in the morning. "Maybe you should forgive him."

Gabbie chuckled. "Please, I'm just milking it." The boys gave her a weird look. She raised her eyebrows. "Milking it? You've never heard someone say.... Never mind. It means that I'm just having a go at him. So he'll learn his lesson."

Shania danced back into the room, waving a towel around, Cat peering around the hall enterance at the rest of the boys. "Pool?" Shania asked, Louis appearing with a huge smile behind her.

They all nodded and started heading to the door. Zayn leaned against the hall wall next to Cat and muttered something in her ear. She nodded, saying something silently back. He smiled and kissed her quickly, jogging to catch up with the rest of the guys.

Cat walked out once everyone had gone. She was wearing a red bikini that Gabbie had recently bought her. She slipped onto the couch beside her friend with a sigh. Gabbie glanced up. "Yes?"

"You're going to have to forgive him, you know that right."

Gabbie laughed. "I just had this discussion with Niall. I know, I'm just having my fun."

Cat pursed her lips. "Well, ignoring him isn't having fun." She unwrapped her towel. A black one piece with the back cut out and a zipper down the front rolled out and Cat handed it to Gabbie. "Here. Wear this. We're going swimming."

"Cat..." Gabbie said, holding up the swim suit.

"Don't 'Cat' me!" She laughed, hauling Gabbie to her feet. "You want to have some fun, then lets have some fun!"

Gabbie sighed, chucking her magazine on the coffee table. "Okay, okay."

"I can't do this."

"Don't be silly, Gabbie. You're just going to tease him."

Gabbie glared at Cat. "Well, I don't know how to do that!" She threw her hands up. "I'm not a completely slutty flirt like you are."

Cat tapped the side of her nose with her index finger. "That, my friend, is a pure artform."

Gabbie sighed and leaned back against the elevator door. "Cat..."

"Hey, hey," Cat said quickly, holding up her hand. "This is what it takes, to have a little fun, to have a little tease, so please..." She chuckled and shook her head. That was a great song. "Anyways, your a strong, gorgeous girl and there is no way you are going to let Harry or any man learn a lesson if you don't do it right. So, just watch and learn. And if you get stuck, wink and walk away, even if it's mid-sentence."

Gabbie frowned. "Okay...."

The silver doors parted like the gates of heaven and the sun blinded Gabbie for just a moment before they stepped out onto the terrectoa tiled floor, the smell of Chlorine over powering their senses. The sound of rushing water filled their ears and Gabbie gasped. Was a roof-top pool ment to be this cool?

Cat shook her head, muttering something about being 'totally unworthy to walk here' and continued forward, Gabbie trailing along nervously. She was excited and worried about Cat's plan, but she knew that it would be funny and entertaining at the same time. No harm in that right?

Shania was sunbaking on the edge of the pool, having stolen Louis sunnies. Louis and Niall were in the hot tub, laughing about something stupid. Zayn was sitting on the edge, his feet in the water. Cat felt bad that he couldn't swim. Harry was floating around on his back and Liam was sitting on a banana lounge, texting Daniella.

Cat dropped her towel, everyone too into what they were doing to notice her and Gabbie's arrival. She stretched her arms before taking a hug running leap and jumping in right in front of the oblivious Zayn. He gave a loud yell of surprise as he was totally drenched with water.

Harry spluttered as the waves off Cat's jump hit him in the face, making his jerk upright. Louis and Niall laughed and shook their heads as Cat surfaced. Liam didn't even look up. Zayn sent a mock-glare at Cat as she swam up to him.

"What was that for?" He asked, tapping the end of her nose with hi index finger.

Cat smiled, tilting her head to the side. "Just wanted to get you wet." She winked and dived backwards as Zayn laughed, flicking water out of his eyes.

Gabbie dropped her towel and perched herself on the edge of the pool beside Zayn. "Hey." She smiled. She hadn't ever really talk to Zayn, he'd always been more preoccupied with Cat.

He smiled brightly, twisting his earring with his fingers. "Hey Gabbie. How are you?" He glanced over to see Cat splashing Louis before turning his dark eyes on Gabbie.

"I'm kind of...good."

Zayn chuckled deeply. "Okay. Here comes Harry..."

Harry surfaced, flicking his hair out of his eyes. Over his shoulder, Cat gave Gabbie a wink and mouthed 'Tease!' while waving her hands around. Gabbie gulped and looked down at Harry, who was staring at her with sad eyes. "What do you want, sweetie?" She asked in a sly voice.

Harry raised an eyebrow but ignored it. "Will you forgive me?"

Gabbie leaned forward, glancing at Cat, who was watching with interest, out of the corner of her eyes. Gabbie pressed her forehead lightly against Harry's and fluttered her eyes slowly. "Maybe..." She said in her best husky whisper.

Harry leaned in further, obviously expecting a kiss and Gabbie turned her head, leaning back to face Zayn. "So how have you been Zayn?"

Zayn blinked before smiling a crooked smile. "Great. Especially recently." He turned to look at Cat, who was dancing on the edge of the pool to a song that Niall had just put on over the speakers. Hangover by Taio Cruz. "Isn't that right Cat?" he yelled to her.

She shot him a dirty look and turned around to shove Liam in the pool, who had finally put his phone down. 

Gabbie raised an eyebrow. "What was that about?"

Zayn rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhm, well you'll probably find out later, so..." He shook his head, looking up. "Oh god, here she comes."

Cat lept out of the pool, storming towards Zayn with a dark look on her face. She squatted down beside him and narrowed her eyes. "I thought you said you weren't going to tel-," Zayn kissed her softly. 

"I'm not, Cat." He answered with a grin. "I was just teasing."

Cat smiled and patted his cheek. "Speaking of teasing- Gabbie, over here, now!"

Gabbie dragged her feet out of the cool water and padded after Cat on the spongy stuff around the pool. She felt Harry's eyes burn into her back the whole way to the glass panneling. "Was it bad?" She whisepred, glancing out the glass. It was a 60 story drop from the pool deck. She took a tentive step backwards.

Cat shook her head. "No! It was brilliant!" She leaned in closer. "Time to step it up a knotch, though." She poked Gabbie in the belly. "This zipper is on your swimmers for a reason... Use it well."

Gabbie frowned. "You mean I have too..."

Cat nodded. "Do it!" She winked. "Good thing you have a bikini underneath hey."

Gabbie rolled her eyes as Cat ran past her, diving into the deep end of the pool with grace. Shania slipped past her and winked. "Go get him, Gabbie." She lept into the hot tub beside Niall and started chatting away with Louis.

Gabbiue stared after both her friends. Cat was swimming around Zayn, trying to convince him to get in the water. Shania was teasing Louis and Niall and Liam, who had just jumped in, claiming the pool was too cold. Harry appeared to be waiting for her in the middle of the large pool, treading water.

She walked up to the stairs and got in to her knees before sitting down on the step behind her. Harry wandered over slowly, as if he was scared Cat might attack him for annoying Gabbie. He glanced up at her and sat on the step below her. "Gabbie..."

Gabbie looked at him and touched the zipper with her finger, pretending she didn't realise what she was doing. After a few attempts, Harry stopped looking at what she was doing and continued with his sentence. "I'm really sorry for making you wait for as long as I did. I should have made the boys walk faster, I know and I-,"

Gabbie frowned at him and pulled the zipper down slightly before zipping it back up. He barely had time to react. "I'm not angry at you for that." She said, interrupting him. "For something that happened while you were taking your Snail Walk."

Harry frowned. "What happened?"

Cat and Zayn slipped onto the edge of the pool close to them. Cat to see how Gabbie was going, Zayn because he'd heard Gabbie's last sentence. Gabbie looked at them for a second before turning her blue eyes on Harry. "You do realise that this Hotel is across from a string of Pubs, correct?"

Harry nodded. "Did they offer you alcohol or something?"

Gabbie laughed lightly. "What? No. There was guys out the front and they were pretty drunk."

Cat gulped. Damn it, Gabbie was about to tell Harry. She didn't exactly want to be around Zayn when he found out, but if she left, he'd get suspicous. Gabbie continued with a low voice, trying not to distract Louis, Liam, Niall and Shania.

"Anyway, they took a liking too us while we were waiting for us and started pinching our arses and staring out our boobs." She glanced at Cat. "They even tried to pull our shirts off, it was practically rape. But then Shania, who had gone to the toilet, came back out and screamed at them until they left."

Harry's eyes darkened. "Why the hell didn't you tell me!"

"I'm still mad at you, thats why!"

Harry glanced at Cat, anger in his eyes. Gabbie was still pulling down her zipper and pulling it back up, but more in anger than teasing like before. "Why the hell didn't you tell me then!?" He screamed at Cat.

"Don't yell at her!" Zayn snapped back, kissing Cat's temple.

"Because I was asked not too!" Cat replied cooly, ignoring Zayn's comment. "Gabbie told me not to tell you!"

"I can't believe you let someone touch you like that!" Harry yelled at Gabbie, bawling his fists.

Gabbie stood up angrily. "Oh yeah, Harry! I let him touch me! Because I am such a slut these days! I just couldn't help myself!" She glanced angrily at Cat. "Why the hell did you tell him that I told you not to tell him!?"

"Because it's the truth!" Cat protested.

"Don't yell at each other guys!" Liam called, putting himself between Gabbie and Harry. "Come on."

"It's not my fault he's yelling!" Gabbie snapped at Liam, jerking the zipper down in anger.

Suddenly the tiny chunk of metal snapped between her fingers and Gabbie realised, with a shock that she had pulled the zipper all the way down to her belly button. And now that the zip had broken, it was stuck like that, her swimmers gaping open.

"You have a belly button peircing?" Harry asked, bewildered by the sight. The blue stone shining from Gabbie's belly button.

Gabbie blushed lightly. "I have for a while." She poked it. "Since... ah, Cat?"

Cat tapped her chin, her eyes not as bright and wide as they had been when she had been yelling at Harry. "Year ten? Near christmas?"

Gabbie nodded. "Yeah, year ten."

Cat glanced between Harry and Gabbie, neither of them sure of what to do now that the yelling had stopped, neither wanting to hurt their pride and apologise first. Cat jumped up from beside an still annoyed Zayn and dragged Gabbie from the pool.

"We'll be... right back."

"I am not going back out there!" Gabbie said with a hiss, once Cat had pushed her into the bathroom.

"Yes, you have too!" She peered down at the broken zipper. "And I liked those swimmers." She shook her head. "Okay, taken them off."

"What?" Gabbie snapped. "I am not going out there in a bikini!" Cat frowned and motioned for the swimmers.

Gabbie sighed loudly before tugging off the black swimmers. Cat stared at them before tossing them into the trash can under the nearest sink. She gave Gabbie a once over- The black strapless bikini suited her- and laughed. "Only you would strip in anger!"

Gabbie scoffed. "I was not stripping in anger!"

"Because that totaly explains why you broke the zipper near your belly button!" She shook her head. "Never mind, lets g-,"

The door flew open and Shania marched in. "What are you guys doing?"

"Gabbie tried to strip for Harry and failed miserably."

"I didn't try and-,"

"Oh, I saw that." She laughed. "I was wondering what you were doing."

"But I wasn't stripping-," Gabbie tried to protest again.

Cat interrupted with a sly smile. "I know right. I was thinking the same thing."

"So you told them about last night then?" Shania asked before Gabbie could protest again.

"How did you know?" Cat asked Shania with a smirk.

Shania laughed. "The yelling kinda gave it away."

Cat nodded and slapped her hands together. She turned to face Gabbie. 'Ready to go?"

Gabbie started to protest again before rethinking it and muttering a small 'yes' under her breath. She was going to kill Cat next chance she got. She so owed her for this. They shuffled out of the bathroom, pretending to be chatting away happily, though there was a certain tension in the air.

Gabbie reached the side of the pool with a sigh, Cat arriving beside her as Shania dived into the pool a head of them. "Your gorgeous Gabbie." Cat said suddenly. "Don't forget it."

Gabbie smiled and hugged her friend. "Of course not. Your totally- AHHH!" She jumped back with a scream, her hand flying to her mouth. 

Cat jumped back too, looking around in shock. "What, what is it? Where? A spider?"

"No!" Gabbie looked up with a  mixture of shock and annoyance in her eyes. "HARRY! WHY THE HELL ARE YOUR SWIMMERS ON THE SIDE OF THE POOL!"

Harry looked up from where he was swimming around in the deep end. "Um..."

"Ew!" Cat laughed, turning her nose up. "That disgusting."

"Please..." Gabbie said with a pleading look. "Tell me your not naked."

"Okay." Harry said. "I'm not naked."

"AHH!" Gabbie squealed, much to the amusement of everyone, especially Niall, who was nearly drowning as he laughed his head off. "Harry! Put your bloody swimmers back on!"

Harry laughed, swimming closer to the edge of the pool, the watwer becoming lighter and more see through as he went. "Only if you'll forgive me!"

Gabbie smirked and tilted her head to the side. "Put them on and I'll consider it."

Harry beamed. "Good enough for me."

He got to the edge in front of Cat and Cat immediatly backed away, shaking with laughter. He pulled himself out of the pool and Gabbie went as red as a stop sign, waving her hands around, trying to block her view of his....

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She yelled at him.

Harry laughed. "Putting my swimmers back on, what does it look like?"

"WHY'D YOU GET OUT OF THE POOL!?" Gabbie cried, clamping her eyes such.

At this point, Niall was having to be held up by Shania so he didn't drown in the hot tub. Liam was doubled over and Louis was laughing so hard he was crying. Cat was shaking so badly, it looked like she was using a jackhammer and Zayn was collapsed on the banana lounge behind her, laughing so hard no sound was being made.

Shania was giggling her head off, but was too occupied in keeping Niall from drowning to focus on the whole conversation.

"Well, its a little hard to put swimmers on in the pool, Gabs." Harry laughed, a tear escaping his eye. "I'm done, you can look now."

Gabbie peered around her hand and sighed with relife to see her boyfriend fully clad in his wet swimmers. "Thank god." She whispered. Then she frowned. "I'm still angry at you for yelling at me."

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry, Gabbie. I didn't mean to get angry at you, I was angry at myself for not being there to protect you!"

Gabbier stared at him, blinking slowly, as if she didn't understand.

"And I need to protect you Gabbie." Harry continued, very aware that everyone was not laughing anymore, and listening to him making his little speech. "Because it's my job. Your my girlfriend and I'm supposed to be there to stop things like that from happening.And all of that means so much to me, because you mean so much to me, Gabbie. And because... because.."

Cat gave him a thumbs up over Gabbie's shoulder, nestled into Zayn's arms.

"Because..?" Gabbie prompted, raising a slim brow.

"And because... damn it, Gabbie. I love you. Okay?"

Gabbie froze. Her heart stuttered a million miles an hour inside her chest and he whole body seemed to lock together, her lips included. She was unable to even move, all she could do was sit there an blink at Harry, totally caught off gaurd.

"You could say something back..." Harry tralied off uneasily.

Gabbie shook her head. She smiled hugly. "I love you too!" She lept at him and thankfully Harry caught her as she drew her legs around his waist. "So much."

Shania made a gagging sound as Gabbie and Harry started to get hot anf heavy infront of everyone. "Jeez, get a room!" She yelled as Niall and Louis let out low wolf whistles. 

Liam started laughing as Gabbie pulled away, totally red in the face, mostly from embaressment, partly from the fact her boyfriend had just told her he loved her. She slide down from his waist and coughed loudly, standing slightly apart from Harry.

"Hey Gabbie," Cat yelled from beside Zayn. "Looks like the blogs were wrong! Harry's dick isn't that small hey!"

Gabbie burst out laughing and shook her head. Only Cat. Only Cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Gabbie,

Your a great friend and I love you heaps. You deserve the world and more and one day, a guy will be on his knees offering you everything. Until then, accept this fictional Harry doing exactly that.

I hope you had an amazing Birthday party and I CAN'T WAIT to go to the One Direction Concert with you in April! I am so excited I feel like dancing.

I hope our little fight is totally fogiven and I hope we never fight again. You mean the world to me, Gabbie and I wouldn't have it any other way! See you at school tomorrow! Love you heaps!

xx Kate

VOTE

VOTE

VOTE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 308 29
when gabby was little her parents split , making her leave to Australia with her mum while her twin brother Louis still lived with her dad in Englan...
15.7K 253 23
More than Just Best Band Friends FanFic of Cali4nia Girls, Cimorelli, and One Direction When a YouTube sensation Cimorelli is asked to tour wit...
79 0 8
All the fear and the fire of the end of the world Happens each time a boy falls in love with a girl Happens great, happens sweet Happily, I'm unfazed...
154K 5K 69
"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong." "Get what wrong?" "Me." Or, Louis is...