The Beginning of the End

By hungergameslovr

Katniss and Peeta continue their journey through the difficult and twisted ways of Panem in their life after... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Authors Note
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note
Author's Note

Chapter 4

305 11 1
By hungergameslovr

-Katniss-

     As I walk down the front steps, my feet sink into the soft snow, and I just keep going, not paying attention to where I'm headed.

     When I finally look around, I realize my feet have carried me back to my old house. Staring at the snow covered meadow, I look down to see my toes have turned blue and I begin to feel them burn. Falling to my knees, I let out a strangled cry. For Prim, for Gale, for Finnick, for Cinna. I hear another cry, and through tear filled eyes I see Buttrrcup, laying in the exact spot where Prim's bed used to be.

     "She's gone, you stupid cat." I sob and just keep sobbing, all my anger at Peeta disappearing. Not knowing how much time has passed, I eventually begin to fall asleep, a strange warmth flooding the center of my body. My entire body has gone numb, and I realize how nice it would be to die here, in the remains of my old home; my old life. I barely feel the arms lift me off the ground and take me back to the Victors Village. I hear a faint voice somewhere in the distance, but with my eyes closed I can feel my brain starting to shut down. I breathe in deeply, enjoying the feeling. All the pain of the last few years is completely going away now.

     "Katniss, please. Stay with me, Katniss. I need you." Peeta's choked voice came to me, clearly, and I heard a moan escape my lips.

     "She's coming back." I hear another voice say, a bit slurred. Haymitch. The pain returns and I moan again, this time voluntarily. Opening my eyes, I see that I'm on the train, the same one that held so much dread and horror for me.

     "We're taking you to a hospital in the capital. Don't worry, I'll be there for you the whole time." Peeta takes my hand and I feel his kindness and warmth fill me, but all I can manage is a nod, before I go back under.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 37 5
One shots after Mockingjay, watch Peeta and Katniss through their reconnection, their childrens birth and their happily ever after! KatnissxPeeta
72.4K 912 43
Set after Mockingjay part 2, the 2 victors have their differences. Peeta; a simple man who has one desire, Katniss. He is still scared from the horro...
4.2K 26 18
This is an alternate ending of the first Hunger Games book/film. It continues the story from Peeta's point of view but a dramatic turn from the origi...
591K 15.1K 53
We all know that the end of Mockingjay jumps to an epilogue. Ever wondered what happened in between?? Real or not Real? An answer can change it all...