Creatures from the Ocean (Sci...

Bởi paris_girl22

Stiles Stilinski has been living in Beacon Hills for quite some time now. He's made great friends who have be... Xem Thêm

1: Everything Changes
2: A Secret to Hide
3: A Dumb Decision?
4: Weekend Getaway Disaster
5: Alone
6: Lesson Number One
7: The Siren's Song
8: A Strange New Feeling
9: New Threats, Nostalgia and Surprises
10: Dangerously Close
11: Stilinski Reunion
12: The Movies
13: Loyalty
14: The Hunters
15: Trapped
16: Saving Stiles
17: Pep Talks
18: Missing Home
19: Theo's Threats
20: Concern
21: Suspicion
22: Moving out of Scott's house
23: Pack Sleepover Fun
24: Nightmare? Or something more?
25: Kira Knows
26: The Discovery of Merpeople
27: Getting to know Kara
28: The Aquarium
29: Setting Up a Date
30: The Truth
31: Standing Strong
32: New Revelations
33: The New Girl
34: Disagreements and Disappointment
35: Jealousy
36: The Darker Side of Samantha Worthington
37: Making Up?
38: Not Alone
39: A Fatal Shot
40: Melissa and Stiles
41: The Whole Truth
42: Poor, Unfortunate Souls
43: Finding the Cure
44: Saving Scott
45: An Important Heart to Heart
46: Dread Doctors
47: Shock and Disbelief
48: What it really means to have a best friend
49: Danny's Party
50: Hallucinations
51: Uncertainty
52: Love Hurts
Exciting Announcement!
CROSSOVER - Part 2
CROSSOVER - Part 3
CROSSOVER - Part 4
CROSSOVER - Part 5
CROSSOVER - Part 6
CROSSOVER - Part 7
CROSSOVER - Part 8
CROSSOVER - Part 9
CROSSOVER - Part 10
CROSSOVER - Part 11
CROSSOVER - Part 12
CROSSOVER - Part 13
CROSSOVER - Part 14
CROSSOVER - Part 15
CROSSOVER - Part 16
CROSSOVER - Part 17
CROSSOVER - Part 18
CROSSOVER - Part 19
CROSSOVER - Part 20
CROSSOVER - Part 21
53: A Wendigo?
54: Stiles' Anchor
55: Sleep Deprivation
56: Something Suspicious
57: Manipulation
58: Just Like Strangers
60: True Love
61: Confessions and Discoveries
62: Planning
63: First Date - Part One
64: First Date - Part Two
65: Filling In The Blanks
66: The Perfect Hybrid
67: Hybrids and Tridents
68: More 'Nightmares'
69: Stiles Through the Looking Glass
70: Journey to Atlantia
71: Childhood Friends Reunited
72: The Beginning of the End
73: The Final Battle
74: Success
75: The Aftermath
76: Stiles' Birthday
77: Ceremony Preparations and Jitters
78: Celebrations *FINAL CHAPTER*
Important Announcement!
THE SEQUEL IS UP

59: Betrayed and Heartbroken

3.4K 146 92
Bởi paris_girl22

Stiles POV

I walk down the school hallway alone. This is not unusual for me now. It's been almost two weeks since Scott caught Samantha and I kissing at her house. Scott has done a very good job at avoiding me. Our friends are concerned, but I tell them that it's fine and that they don't need to worry about it. I'm sure Scott says the same thing. Suddenly, Danny rushes up behind me. "Hey Stiles. What's up?" He asks in a cheerful voice. I shrug.

"Not much, just heading home, I guess." I reply. Danny frowns and bites his lip.

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

"Nothing." I reply with a smile. Danny sighs as we continue to walk down the hall.

"Look, I haven't seen you around for a few days. I've been worried about you. Also, I've noticed that you and Scott aren't talking. Actually, I haven't seen you guys in the same room for almost two weeks. What happened?" Danny asks me curiously. I groan as I turn to Danny, looking exasperated. "I don't really want to talk about it, okay? I'm fine, Scott's fine. That's all that matters." I tell the human as we near the front entrance of the school.

"If you don't want to tell me what happened, that's fine. However, I want to tell you something." Danny replies. I open up the doors to the entrance of the school and walk out. I pause by the steps, waiting for Danny. "What is it?" I ask tiredly.

"Whatever is bothering you, I don't think you should let it bottle up inside. That won't end well at all. If you need answers, go find them. If you need support, I'm right here for you, as are the rest of your friends." Danny tells me. I look at my friend in silence for a few moments. Suddenly, I smile. "You're right, Danny. I do need to find some answers. Thanks for the help." I pat him on the back before I walk down the stairs again.

"Tell me how it goes, yeah?" Danny asks hopefully.

"Sure. I'll see you this weekend or something." I reply before I walk back to my jeep. I might not be able to talk to Scott right now, but I should be able to talk to Samantha. I'm almost 100% sure that she set me up the other day, but I want to know why. I feel like I have a right to know why she tried to ruin my friendship with Scott, especially after that emotional conversation we had. I thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess not. I jump into the jeep and grab my phone.

Stiles: Meet me in the woods. Alone.

Samantha: You're not going to kiss me again are you?

Stiles: Shut up and stop lying for once in your life! Just meet me in the woods in 10 minutes. I need to talk to you.

Samantha: Fine. I'll meet you by the lake.

I place my phone on the passenger seat. I glance down at my locket hanging around my neck. I run my fingers over the cool and smooth surface for a moment, hoping for some extra support and strength. I sigh as I put the keys into ignition, start the car and drive towards the woods. I park near the preserve sign. I get out of the jeep and look around me. For some reason, the woods have an eerie feeling about them today. I suddenly wonder why I'm bothering with seeing Samantha in the first place, considering I hate her guts and I know that she set me up. On the other hand, I feel like I need to know why she set me up like that. I sigh as I walk forwards, knowing that I will end up regretting this.

I walk through the woods, listening to the leaves crunch beneath my feet. It really is quite peaceful out here. I eventually walk into the clearing, revealing the huge lake in front of me. I make my way to the jetty, waiting for Samantha to turn up. I stare out at the water and smile. I'd love to go for a swim, but unfortunately I have to deal with Samantha first. I kneel down and watch as little fish swim near the surface of the water. It's as if they're trying to egg me to jump in. I chuckle and shake my head as I stand back up. After a few more minutes, I hear someone's footsteps coming closer. As the person walks past the last few trees and bushes, I can see that it is Samantha. She walks up to me, a smirk plastered on her face. I walk off the jetty to meet her halfway. "What do you want to talk about?" Samantha asks me innocently.

"I wish you wouldn't pretend to be oblivious." I sigh.

"What do you want, Stiles?" Samantha asks again, this time her voice not as friendly.

"Why did you set me up?" I ask simply. Samantha chuckles and starts walking in circles around me. It makes me feel like I'm her prey. "Please don't make up some excuse this time." I add, knowing that she would try and wriggle her way around the truth.

"Fine. Do you really want to know why I did it? I wanted Scott to see you for what you really are." Samantha tells me. I frown in confusion.

"Um, excuse me? I don't go around kissing other people's girlfriends!" I snap.

"Okay, so maybe that isn't the right phrase. Let me reword it. I wanted Scott to see you in a negative light so he could realize how much of a bad influence you are in his life." Samantha answers. I scowl at her.

"I'm not a bad influence for him! If anyone is having a bad impact on his life, it's you!" I exclaim angrily. Samantha raises an eyebrow. "Oh really? Says the guy who has lied to his supposed best friend for years? The guy that pulled Scott out into the woods that night he became a werewolf? Doesn't that make it your fault? You caused all of this to happen. You brought trouble to Beacon Hills and your friends, especially Scott. You caused them chaos, strife and pain while you were the Nogitsune. Who says that they have really forgiven you for that? How do you know they don't blame you for Allison's death?" Samantha questions me. I say nothing. I look away from Samantha. I hear her walking closer to me.

"I know that Scott does blame you for what happened to Allison. He told me. He's still upset about the whole thing. Seeing you every day just makes it worse." Samantha says close to my ear. I shake my head as I look back at her.

"You're lying." I protest quietly, my bottom lip trembling slightly.

"No. I'm really not." Samantha replies with a smile. I take a step away from her.

"This wasn't a good idea. I'm not getting anything out of this conversation." I exclaim as I take another step back.

"Aww, don't leave yet. We've only just started talking." Samantha pleads. She walks closer to me and starts circling around me again. "Did you tell Scott that he can't talk to me?" I ask her as I narrow my eyes.

"No. If he doesn't want to talk to you, then maybe he's moved on from you." Samantha tells me. I don't say anything. "The only reason that Scott hung out with you and helped you is because he felt sorry for you. He never really was your friend." Samantha continues.

"I don't believe you." I reply defensively.

"Don't you get it? Scott doesn't even want to know you anymore, he's just too nice to say it to your face." Samantha smirks.

"Stop it." I say quietly.

"Look at you," Samantha scoffs as she circles me.

"And you call yourself a Prince. How pathetic." Samantha scowls. Suddenly, her eyes glow pale green. I feel myself being lifted several feet into the air. I flail around and look down at Samantha with panic. She just smiles at me. My heart hammers against my chest. Without warning, I feel myself falling. I yelp in fear before I slam into the ground. Pain shoots through my body. I groan as I roll onto my back, staring up at the sky. I don't think I've broken anything, but I'll definitely have bruises later. Suddenly, I see Samantha walk over to me and kneel down beside me. "Did you really think you could beat me?" She asks in a cold voice. I don't respond as I slowly sit up. I notice her eyes gaze over my neck. Without giving me time to react, Samantha reaches forward and grabs the locket with her hand. She yanks the locket off my neck. My hand instinctively moves to the area where the locket is supposed to hang. I stare at her in shock and horror.

"Please give that back, it's very special to me." I whisper as tears form in my eyes. Samantha just looks at me with disgust. "You don't deserve something as precious as this." She replies. I can't believe what I'm hearing! My father gave me that locket. It's a family gift. It contains my only picture with both my parents. Samantha kicks me in the stomach before walking away. "You're worthless." I hear her call back to me before she's out of ear shot. I close my eyes as the tears start falling and I lie down on the ground, feeling like the world is crumbling around me. I have never felt so isolated or hurt as I do now.

Samantha POV

I clasp the locket tightly in my hands as I run back through the woods, leaving Stiles far behind me. I smile to myself, proud that I have truly shown Stiles where he really stands. Maybe now he will back off. Soon enough, my feet are now pounding on the hard pavement instead of the soft ground covered in leaves. I need to get to Scott's house. My heart hammers against my chest and I breathe heavily from the fast pace I am running at. My lungs scream for me to slow down, but I don't listen. I'm in a hurry. I need to get to Scott before Stiles does.

Several minutes later, I arrive at the front of Scott's house. My legs are killing me and my lungs feel like they are on fire, so I lean against a wall, giving me time to recover. Once I have got my breath back and have wiped the sweat off my forehead, I make my way over to the front door and knock three times. I stand there for a few moments until Scott opens the door with a smile on his face. "Hi, Sam. I didn't expect to see you here!" He says happily. I smile back.

"Can I come in?" I ask politely.

"Of course." Scott steps out of the doorway. I step into the house, closing the door behind me, but I don't lock it. Scott leads me into the living room. We sit down on the sofa. "Is your mom home?" I ask curiously.

"No, she left half an hour ago because of a work emergency." Scott replies. I nod. Scott looks down at my closed hand. "What have you got there?" He asks curiously.

"Oh, it's just a little something I bought the other day." I answer casually.

"Cool, can I see it?" Scott asks eagerly. I open up my hand to reveal the locket to Scott. I am a little nervous to see how he reacts, but I make sure that my nerves are completely masked. "Do you want to put it on me?" I ask as I stand up. Scott stands up with me, his eyes still on the locket. Scott frowns slightly. "Hey, uh, where did you get this locket from? It looks exactly like Stiles' locket..." Scott asks me curiously as he looks at me.

"It's pretty, right? I just liked Stiles' locket so much, so I hunted around until I found an antique shop that sold the same locket." I reply casually, my heart rate not changing at all. Scott looks me in the eyes, seeming uncertain for a moment. In the end though, he buys my story. I hold in a sigh of relief. "Okay, I'll put it on." He says, holding out his hand. I smile gratefully as I drop the locket into his hand. He walks around to my back as I pull my hair out of the way. Scott gently places the locket around my neck and latches it. I let my hair fall down again and I turn to face Scott. I can see the living room door behind Scott opened just a little. To my delight, I see that Stiles is watching us silently.

"It suits me, don't you think?" I ask Scott sweetly. He nods, unaware of the boy standing in the doorway behind him. I'm surprised that he isn't using his werewolf senses to pick up on it, but I'm not complaining. "Yeah, it's beautiful, just like you." Scott admits. I smile happily.

"I love you with all my heart, Scott." I say.

"I love you too, Sammy." Scott replies. I take a step towards him, closing the distance between us. I lean in and kiss Scott, wrapping my arms around his neck. Scott quickly melts into the kiss, placing his hands on my hips. I watch over Scott's shoulder to see Stiles' face fall and his eyes lose their spark. His eyes start to water as he slowly backs away, shaking his head, looking completely heartbroken.

Stiles POV

As I eventually stop crying, I sit up and wipe my eyes. I'm fed up with this. I need to talk to Scott. I don't care if he wants to ignore me or if he's still upset with me. I just need to talk to him. I need to get that locket back; it means everything to me. Scott knows that. I am planning to apologize for something I didn't even do if it means that he'll listen to me and want to stay my friend. I have to make him believe me that Samantha is not who he thinks she is. I stand up and quickly run through the woods, making my way back to my jeep. I jump in quickly and drive towards Scott's house as fast as I can. I park near Scott's house and clamber out of the jeep, closing the door behind me. I run up to the front door. For a second, I consider knocking, but then decide against it. Scott probably won't let me in. I decide to try turning the handle first before I grab my key for Scott's house which is in my jeep.

Surprisingly, the door opens. I quickly rush inside, not bothering to shut the door behind me. I walk towards the living room, but I hear people talking from inside. I quietly open the door a bit further so I can see what's going on. To my horror, I see Scott putting my locket around Samantha's neck. Scott is facing the other way, so he has no idea that I'm here, but Samantha does once she turns around.

"It suits me, don't you think?" I hear Samantha ask Scott. He nods, still completely unaware that I am standing not so far behind him. "Yeah, it's beautiful, just like you." Scott admits to Samantha. She smiles happily. My heart starts to shatter. I can't believe what is happening right now. Scott knows how much that locket means to me. I'm sure that he knows that the locket is mine, but he happily puts it around Samantha's neck and compares its beauty to her. "I love you with all my heart, Scott." Scott's girlfriend admits with a smile.

"I love you too, Sammy." I hear Scott reply. Those five words devastate me deeply more than ever. I watch in dismay as Samantha walks towards Scott, closing the distance between the two of them. Samantha then proceeds to kiss Scott, wrapping her arms around his neck. Scott quickly melts into the kiss, placing his hands on her hips. Samantha watches over Scott's shoulder to see me. Something inside of me feels like it has died. It feels like I have lost something that I can never get back. I have never felt like this before. My eyes start to water as I slowly back away, shaking my head,  completely heartbroken.

Samantha pulls Scott over to the sofa and the two start making out passionately. I can't stand being here anymore. I turn around and run out of the house, not caring that I haven't closed the door behind me. I run to my jeep, jump in and drive off as tears fall down my face. I need to get out of here. I need to leave Beacon Hills. I sob as the scenery flashes by me. Instead of focusing on what just happened, I concentrate on the road ahead of me. About an hour and a quarter later, I park the jeep in the parking lot near the beach. I jump out of the car and breathe in the salty air. It relaxes me a little bit. I grab my keys before I close the jeep's door and walk down to the beach. I sit on a sand dune and look out to the ocean, thinking about things. I feel betrayed and hopeless. I sniffle quietly. I'm certain that my trust in Scott has been completely broken. My whole being feels like it is falling into a void of darkness. Shakily, I pull out my phone. I quickly dial Scott's number and press the phone to my ear, trying to keep my breathing steady.

Samantha POV

Scott and I are sitting in a cafe having a great time laughing and talking. He hasn't let go of my hand. I smile, thinking how lucky I am to have a guy like him. Scott finally brings me back to reality. "I'm going to buy us some food and drink. Is there anything in particular you want?" Scott asks me curiously.

"I'll have whatever you're having." I reply. Scott nods as he stands up and walks over to the counter to order, leaving his bag at the table. He only took his wallet with him. I stare happily at Scott for a few moments. Suddenly, I hear a noise from Scott's bag. Out of curiosity, I open up the bag and pull out his phone to see who is calling him. I grit my teeth in anger when I see that it is Stiles. I angrily decline the call. I thought I had thought him a lesson? I thought he would stay away? I guess not. Suddenly, I have an idea. I quickly glance over at Scott to see he's still ordering our food and drinks. I smirk to myself as I carefully put Scott's phone into my handbag. I then zip Scott's bag back up and put it back to where it was before I touched it. Thankfully, no one noticed what I just did. I look over as Scott walks back to our table, drinks in hand.

"They say the food will be ready in 15 minutes." He informs me. I nod as I take the drink. I lift it up and smile.

"Here's to us." I say. Scott lifts up his drink as well and knocks it against mine.

"To us." He replies with a grin.

Stiles POV

Scott doesn't answer the phone. I don't know what I was expecting, really. "Hi, this is Scott. I can't come to the phone right now, so please leave a message after the beep." Scott's voicemail tells me. After a second, I hear a loud beep. "Scott..." I begin, already struggling not to cry.

"You really let me down. I know that you care about Samantha a lot because she's your girlfriend, but deep down... I thought you still cared about me." I continue as silent tears run down my face, my voice only breaking a little. I sniffle and wipe my eyes, but it's no use. More tears keep staining my cheeks. "I told you she was bad news, but you didn't listen! Shouldn't you trust your best friend of over eight years more than someone you have just met?" I ask into the phone, trying not to sob.

"I only wanted what was best for you! I tried to be happy for you two, but Samantha made that impossible! Can't you see how toxic your relationship is? She's manipulating and controlling you! She's using you, Scott. She doesn't love you, she just wants to own you! I tried to warn you, but you didn't listen. I don't understand why you would think I would lie about this. She really hurt me, Scott. And so did you. I thought we were on the same side. I guess I was wrong. Maybe you two really are perfect for each other." I continue, my tears starting to slow down.

"You know what the worst part is? I loved you, Scott! I loved you more than anyone in the world! I stopped denying my feelings for you and I was planning to tell you just as you found Samantha. It was the worst timing, I know. I hated myself for being too late, but I tried to look at the positives. I could still be your best friend. I wanted to be happy for you. You being happy was the most important thing to me." I almost shout into the phone as I break down crying.

"I trusted you so much! I loved you! Do you remember what Kara said about it being basically impossible to regain a merman or mermaid's trust? You completely broke me, Scott. I thought you were the best thing for me. I thought I could trust you. I guess I put my trust in the wrong person. I've been wrong about a lot of things, but this is the most I've ever been wrong." I say between sobs. Once I've calmed down a bit and stopped crying, I continue speaking.

"You don't need me. You never did. And I'm sick of crying my eyes out for you." I finish coldly before I hit the 'end call' button. I place my phone back into my pocket before I stand up and run onto the sand, towards the water. Once I've made sure that the coast is clear, I run into the water and dive beneath the waves, completely heartbroken.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

233K 7.5K 25
During the summer before his senior year, Stiles decides to create a new chapter in his life. He comes out to his friends and is taken aback by the o...
184K 6.7K 23
Stiles never thought he'd see the day his pack turned their backs on him, but that's the least of his worries now. First he's dying, then he has to l...
13.6K 434 31
Things take a turn for the bizarre when two boys' midnight trek into the woods ends with one of them being bit by a beast with glowing red eyes and f...
24.2K 250 36
Senior year has officially begun for Scott, Josie, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira. And Liam was entering the Sophomore year. Everything is beginning to ch...