The Fox and The Wolf

By MommaShifter

For 18 year old Avery Williams, life hasn't been an easy ride. With her mom on life support, being poor which... More

The Fox and The Wolf
Chapter 1: What the hell
Chapter 2: Telling mom
Chapter 3: A walk that changed everything
Chapter 4: What are you
Chapter 5: Lets go
Chapter 6: Paying the bills
Chapter 7: Lets get her back
Chapter 8: The silent treatment
Chapter 9: Was that a werewolf
Authors Note
Chapter 10: Does he know
Chapter 11: Already have an enemy
Chapter 12: Unwanted guests and secrets are out
Authors Note
Chapter 13: Thank you Katie
Chapter 14: I'm not trying to escape
Chapter 15: I'm leaving without you
Chapter 16: Who are you
Chapter 17: Hiding Ashe
Chapter 18: They found her
Author's Note
Authors Note
Chapter 19: Wait what
Chapter 20: You're back
Chapter 21: Sneaky litle bastard
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 22: A man and a boy
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Don't mess with me
Chapter 26: Cold shoulder
Chapter 27: Suck it up
Chapter 28: Please forgive me
Chapter 29: Tony likes Lilly
Chapter 30: Run in
Chapter 31: Rogue attack
Chapter 32: Awkward town
Authors note
Chapter 33: Better get use to it
Authors Note
Chapter 34: I dont believe it
Chapter 35: Meeting him
Chapter 36: Poisoned food
Chapter 37: We need to act
Chapter 38: What is she up too
Authors Note
Chapter 39: Suspicious
Chapter 40: Jealous Lilly
Authors Note
Chapter 41: The map
Chapter 42: Spies
Chapter 43: Red comes out
Chapter 44: Meeting the new mate
Chapter 45: Someone finally talks
Chapter 46: Traitors
Chapter 47: New friends and scares
Chapter 48: The War Starts
Chapter 49: Enough talking
Author's Note
Chapter 50: The fight and the surpise shift
Chapter 51: Tony watch
Chapter 52: What do you mean mate
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 25: Betrayed

526K 13.2K 4K
By MommaShifter

Unedited.

Okay. So I put the restricted chapter up in a different book. Like I made a new one. And it's not showing up. So idk how to make it show up. If you do, please message me or comment, because I would really like to know how to make it show up. Thanks :

Oh my gosh!!!! Some men are such pigs.... I said some. So if any guys are reading this, I didn't say all were, I said some lol. Just wanted to make sure you heard the 'some' part.

Anyway. we had a basketball game at my school tonight and I went. Well when I was getting popcorn, a group of guys from the other school were by the concession stand, and we staring at me. I just shrugged it off and got my popcorn.

Weeeeellllllll.....as I was walking back, this guy leaned forward and stared at me. My back was too him as I walked away, but I turned around just in time to see him point at me too his friends and ALL of his friends turned around and stared at my ass..... And they nodded their heads smiling. What the hell....

Like honestly. If you're going to check a girl out, at least do it secretly! Ugh. Some men can be really big pigs...

I'm so pissed. So I have to babysit on Monday, which is a holiday and I don't have school. And I have to babysit these kids that are completely disrespectful and loud for 9 hours. And I don't get paid.... how does that work.. like honestly. That isn't fair because I'm coming and waking up early on MY day off to babysit these two kids for 9 hours without getting paid...makes perfect sense doesn't it..?

Be sure to read the authors note at the end. It will explain many things :)

-----------

Avery

"Lilly I'm open!" I shouted on the field.

She looked up from her dribbling and kicked the ball over to me.

I got it and started dribbling down the field.

I did a turn and passed by Liam and kicked the ball too Ashe.

Once she got it, she kicked it in the goal and David dove, but missed it.

"Girls 5, boys 1." Katie smiled highfiving me.

"You girls are cheating." Liam accused bringing the ball to the half way line.

"Poor Liam." Lilly teased.

Liam glared at her, and Tony moved closer to Lilly.

Mental aww moment.

"You were the ones that suggested we played girls vs boys." I said shrugging.

"Ya. But you have Ashe, Lilly, and Katie. While I have David, Tony and Carlos." Liam said.

"Exactly. We have two little kids on our side and you have one little kid and an adult."

"She's got a point there." Carlos laughed.

"And we are still beating your butts." Ashe smirked.

David growled playfully and rushed towards Ashe.

Ashe stopped laughing and let out a yelp before taking off in a different direction with David on her tail.

"Children." Carlos laughed shaking his head.

"So. How are you doing?" I asked laughing.

"With what?" Carlos asked tilting his head.

"You're baby girl having a mate?"

He growled slightly and I laughed. "I don't like it..but I can't really do anything about it."

"You'll be fine." I said.

"Ya. But if he breaks my baby's heart, I'm breaking him."

"Haha. That would be funny to see." Liam laughed. Carlos glared at him. "No no. The David breaking part. Not your daughter getting he heart smashed by David." He said nervously.

"I would like to see David break too" Carlos agreed smiling.

David came running back up too us. When he got over to us, he huffed and slammed himself on the ground with his arms crossed.

"What's wrong drama queen?" I asked sitting next to him.

"I caught Ashe and went to go give her a kiss, but she got away and locked me out of our room." He huffed upset.

Liam, Carlos, and I stared at David for a second before bursting out laughing.

"That is great!" Liam shouted trying to stop from falling.

"That's my daddy's little girl." Carlos smiled proudly. "I'll go get her." He said before he walked off.

Once I stopped laughing I stood back up and stretched. "So. Where's Jake? He didn't say anything about any meetings or running patrol last night."

Liam and David froze and looked at each other.

Uhhh?

"I don't know." Liam said not looking at me.

"Ya. I'm with Liam." David replied whistling.

"You know. You not looking at me, and you whistling are a sure dead give away that I know you two are lying." I said putting my hands on my hip.

Liam sports Sadie walking over to us. "Of course I'll grab your phone fore you Sadie. David will you come help me get it?" Liam asked.

David nodded frantically. "Ya. Of course bro."

They let out a nervous laugh before they sprinted off.

Tony, Katie, and Lilly just stood there with a confused expression on their faces.

Well that makes five of us.

"I have my phone right here..." Sadie trailed off as she held up her phone.

"Okay then." I laughed as I watched their retreating forms.

"Do you want to play soccer with us Sadie?" Lilly asked holding the soccer ball up.

"Ew no." Sadie scowled. Bitch.. "I came here to talk to Avery."

"You did?" I asked.

"She did?" Katie asked.

"I did." Sadie confirmed.

"About?" I asked.

"Jake. Listen, just because you think you are hot shit because you are the only werefox out there. Or fox spirit whatever you call it. You're not." She shrugged. "You are still pretty weak, and Jake will be crawling back to me."

"He never was yours." Katie said matter-of-factly.

Said whipped her head to Katie, but Katie never flinched. Huh, brave kid. Must be the alpha blood in her.

"Listen here. Your brother and I belong together no matter what. And I won't let his little slut of a mate ruin that. They shouldn't even be mates."

Lilly gasped and threw the soccer ball at Sadie, which hit her in the gut and stomped on her foot.

"Don't say that about my sister!" Lilly yelled.

Sadie growled and that caused Lilly to flinch.

Tony noticed and stood in front of Lilly and let out a possessive and dangerous growl.

We all stood in shock except for Tony who continued to glare daggers at Sadie.

"Back off." Tony spat.

"Holy shit. He's only nine." Sadie said shocked.

I nodded. "Well, that was unexpected."

"Ya it was." Katie said.

"Okay then. Anyway. On to more serious matters, just stay away from Jake. K?" Sadie smiled before she pranced off towards the pack house.

"Gosh I hate her." Katie said shaking her head.

"Who doesn't." Tony said.

"I wish she would stay where ever she disappears too." I said growling.

Everyone laughed.

"Let's go play some soccer." Tony suggested to try and lighten the mood.

"I'm down with that." I said picking the ball up from the ground.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Jake!" I smiled and ran over to hug him.

He jumped a little and turned around. When he saw me, he smiled wide and held out his arms.

"I want to be young again." My mom laughed from the couch by Jake's mom.

"Oh. But being our age is awesome." Stacy laughed. "We can do whatever we want."

"Excuse me?" John asked leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed.

Stacy looked at John before tinting back to my mom. "Like I said. We can do whatever we want."

"Oh whatever. Jake scoffed. "I need to go do some paper work. Wanna come with?" Jake asked turning towards me.

"I have to take a shower first. Then I'll be right down." I said pecking his lips.

Jake smirked and opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly covered it. "Don't even think about it."

Jake growled and walked down the hall and slammed his door.

'Drama queen.' I teased.

'Oh shut it.' He joked.

I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to the shower.

I stripped down and hopped in.

The warm water felt soooooo good on my back.

I swear, if I could sleep in hear without drowning or looking like a 900 year old, I probably would.

I hopped out and quickly get dressed before I started jogging down the stair case.

I walked up to his office before I heard some shuffling. And it didn't sound like paper moving around.

It sounded like two bodies...

I quietly opened the door and what I saw broke my heart and shattered it into a million pieces.

There was Jake....with Sadie in his lap while he's sitting on the chair.....kissing......

Oh my gosh.....

Tears came out and I quietly closed the door and ran into the living room.

My mom quickly jumped up and ran towards me.

"Baby. What's wrong?" She asked rubbing my back.

"Avery?" I heard Ashe run up to me.

I grabbed her hand and ran up the stairs to my room and locked the door.

"What's wrong?" She asked worried pulling me in for a hug.

"I-I saw J-Jake and S-Sadie kissing. A-And I d-don't know what t-to do." I sobbed harder.

"Okay okay. Calm down and explained to me exactly what you saw." She said moving us too the bed.

It took a few minutes, but I got my frantic sobbing under control. But I was still crying, just not as much.

"Jake told me to meet him in his office after I was done taking a shower. When I opened the door to his office, he was sitting in his chair, with Sadie on his lap making out. That's when I shut the door and ran into the living room crying."

"Oh honey. Are you sure she wasn't forcing him?"

I nodded. "I stood there for a little bit and he didn't try to push her off or anything."

Ashe looked shocked before she let out a low growl. "That asshole! What the hell is he thinking for cheating you?! His mate!" She abruptly stood up and started pacing.

I shrugged. "I don't know." I sobbed quietly again still thinking about it.

"And Liam and David are his best friends. They tell each other everything. So if he is, ten they would know about it."

"But I don't know if he actually is or not. That's the thing." I pointed out.

"We just won't talk to them." Ashe said grabbing my hand. "Come on. Let's go show your cheating of a mate that you are hopping with your life and you don't need him." Ashe smiled.

I gave her a weak smile and stood up walking out of the room with her.

'Red?' I asked hoping to talk to her.

Nothing.

'Red?' I tried again.

It was silent for a few moments. 'Ya. I'm here. I....i just need some time to think.' She sounded so depressed.

'You and me both.' I sighed sadly.
-----------
Oh gosh. School tomorrow :(

Okay. So I need some sleep. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep in the past week, and I've gotten sick....again.....

I have no idea why I'm getting so sick lately. But the other day, I felt like I was going to throw up any second. Now it's like, every time I eat, I feel like in going to throw up.

So that is why I haven't been updating in awhile. My sleeping schedule is totally messed up, I've been getting rally sick, and school is being a pain in my ass. So I'm really sorry for not updating. I hope you guys can understand :)

Love all of my Faithful Shifters :)

S.W.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 8.6K 18
#16 in Runaway as of 05/24/2018 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rosaline was the punching bag of th...
127K 3.7K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
538 78 15
Someone rescued Avery Lane from a fiery car crash three months ago, and she's been searching for the person who saved her ever since. Avery writes G...
96.1K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...