The Vampire from Hell

By AllyThomas11

According to Rayea, the oldest daughter of Satan, the origin of vampires started in Hell, and it started with... More

Copyright Notice and Disclaimer
PART 1 - THE BEGINNING (Prologue and Chapter 1)
Chapter 2 - Fan of Mankind
Chapter 5 - A Fine Batch
PART 2 - A VAMPIRE AMONG ANGELS (Prologue)
Chapter 6 - Handsome for a Hellhound
Chapter 7 - Vampire Hottie
Chapter 8 - Awesomesauce
Chapter 9 - Grab Your Popcorn
Chapter 10 - Angel Blood
Chapter 11 - Blood Delirium
Chapter 12 - Zombie Nightmares
Chapter 13 - Complicated For Your Kind
Chapter 14 - The 'G' Letter
Chapter 15 - Goth Rag Dolls
Chapter 16 - Mousetrap
Chapter 17 - You Deserve a Break
PART 3 - A VAMPIRE ON VACATION - A Foreword by a Voice from the Blood Realm
Chapter 18 - Bye, Bye Vampire
Chapter 19 - Awaiting Judgment Day
Chapter 20 - Tayloring
Chapter 21 - Change of Plan
Chapter 22 - Unexpected Discovery
Chapter 23 - Blood Lilies
Chapter 24 - A Walk on the Beach
Chapter 25 - Blood Tea
Chapter 26 - Dead Girl
Chapter 27 - Change of House
Chapter 28 - Sacrifice
Chapter 29 - Ultimatum
Epilogue
Cast of Characters
Behind the Scenes - Part 1
Behind the Scenes - Part 2
Books by Ally Thomas

Chapter 3 and Chapter 4

27.9K 627 14
By AllyThomas11

Chapter 3 - Loyal Workers

As I approached the main entrance to the winery, I heard a growl to my right side and saw a flash of fur appeared before me. The smell of dead skunk hit my nostrils. 

"Hello, my lady." 

Pulling the flap of my jacket collar over my nose, I stepped back to adjust my balance and save what oxygen I had left before I fainted from the smell. Father's hellhounds reeked to high heaven, an odor I realized Blick did not share. "Don't jump out at me like that, Cedric. Why aren't you guarding the main gates?" 

"We're on heightened alert today. Do you have your badge?" Cedric barely reached my height of 5' 9" but he diligently worked at being authoritative with anyone other than Father. 

I hesitated, remembering I had left it in on the desk with my iPhone. "Can you just call Father? He's expecting me." 

"You realize in this organization we have security measures in place for a reason, my lady. The House of G would love nothing more than to know our secrets. Besides that, if His Highness sees another error on my attendance reports..." His voice trailed off and I recognized the fear in his eyes. He also knew of Father's disciplinary techniques. Father starved his 'mutts' regularly to keep them 'engaged,' as he called it. Actually, it kept them obnoxiously polite, extremely moody, and ready to do Father's bidding. 

Wally and Cedric were both promoted from the Jackal Patrol, a group of scrawny, filthy scavengers who fought the colony of Dragons on weekends for remnants of human flesh. Stephanie delighted in torturing any new arrivals she didn't like by ripping off 4" x 4" sections of their flesh and devouring it. Sometimes if she had a full stomach, she'd share the small portions among both groups and watch them fight for each piece. Other times she'd toss a human into the arenas with a jackal or dragon and tell the person to fight or die trying. It made the games between the lions and Christians in Roman times look like a friendly game of tag football. It sickened me to think of it, but at times I wanted to remind Cedric or Wally where they came from. 

"Yes, Cedric. I understand. Shall I go back for it? I don't want to be late for my meeting though. Hey, why are you green today?" 

Annoyed with my questions as I tried to stall entering the winery, the hellhound's fur bristled. "We were helping His Highness with some pigment placement for the new line." 

I frowned when I heard the title the hellhounds used for Father, at his request of course. His Highness, like he was some sort of royalty. What a joke! "Is he hoping to find a new hair dye for Leprechauns? I mean with that color and your natural black roots, I can see..." 

"What? No, my lady. For the new line of products, the wines, he's searching for the perfect color so he dyed us." 

I stared at him, puzzled, trying to ignore the 'My Lady' term. "Us?" I asked. 

"Wally and me. He dyed us earlier this morning and Wally got a snoot full of it. He'll be out for hours. His Highness is working on resolving the colors this morning before the guests arrive." 

Another one of Father's lame-brain ideas, going into the wine business. With a wine that was green? What was Father thinking? I searched the gravel path running alongside the front entrance of the winery and spotted Wally passed out under a holly bush. I hadn't noticed him at first because he blended quite well with the emerald green leaves on the shrub. "Father doesn't know how lucky he is to have such loyal workers, Cedric." 

"Thank you, my lady." 

"Stop calling me 'my lady.' Look, why don't I go get my badge while you catch a quick bath?" I fanned myself with the right lapel of my jacket. 

"That won't be necessary." Cedric bared his rotten teeth at me and blocked my path. 

Finally, I thought. I'll get to practice some of what Blick had shown me. "Bring it on," I taunted. Then suddenly, I felt a blast of pain centered on my neck. 

"Took you long enough, Wally," Cedric growled. "His Highness wants her unharmed, remember? I hope you didn't put too many volts in her with that stun gun. Oh, watch it, she's gonna fall."

Chapter 4 - Another Session 

"She seems to be waking up, your Highness." 

As I regained consciousness, I heard Cedric's voice and felt that my hands were restrained. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was tied to the chair I sat in. I opened my eyes. A gauzelike hood obscured my vision. I tilted my head a little from the left to the right, hoping I could see something. I could only make out a few shadowy figures. Father had to be behind this. And my sister too. Instantly, I regretted leaving my iPhone behind. 

"You can bet your vacation is cancelled now." I heard my sister's voice hiss in my ear. 

Father asked in a reasonable tone, "Why can't you learn to respect me? Did you think I wouldn't find out?" 

"Kill her. We don't need her." Stephanie's voice came from behind me. She was pacing around the chair. I could barely see her figure out of the corner of my eye. She moved quickly around me. When she hit my injured shoulder, I calculated where she was, but I was powerless to fight her. Pain blazed down my arm. 

"In good time," Father replied. 

"What did you tell him?" I asked Stephanie, hoping she'd answer me. She didn't. I continued to reason with them. Somehow. "Father, whatever she says, it's not true." I spoke to shadows through the hood. 

"Ah yes, your sister told me everything," Father said. "I should have known. Cedric, remove the hood." 

The hellhound's paws thumped across the floor as he approached me. His movements beat in time with the pain radiating in my right shoulder. The stench of skunk hit me again. 

I felt a tug at my neck, and the hood slid free. Father and Stephanie stood laughing before me. Their 'snake faces' were already showing. When demons get excited, our true nature comes forth. And today, Father and Stephanie looked like two giant green reptiles dressed in their Sunday best. Father wore a grey suit with a black shirt and tie while Stephanie looked ridiculous in a long blue turquoise silk gown. I found it ironic that they wanted to appear human when they both hated the human race vehemently. Oddly enough, their style of fashion didn't blend in well with the grotesqueness of their appearances. Or maybe that was just my silly notion. 

As I looked around, I realized we were in the tasting room that led to a courtyard on the bottom floor of the winery. It dawned on me as well that I had yet to see my own 'snake face.' Maybe I wasn't a demon like them? I glanced down at my legs to see what I was wearing. Had they dressed me up as well for the tasting party? Thankfully they had not. I let the thought of being truly like them drift away as I prepared for the session to continue. 

Full-length glass windows surrounded the tasting room. I could see across to the courtyard. The guests mingled under vibrant fire red blossoms of the Japanese maple trees as they examined Father's new wines. 

"Shall I bring them in, your Highness?" Cedric asked. 

"Yes, that will be fine," Father replied. "Line them up here. Stephanie, will you grab that gun on the table there, and the bottle of wine?" 

When she appeared before me again, my sister held a gun that was the size Dirty Harry would carry as she handed Father an opened bottle of wine. Cedric returned with two figures who I thought were Father's guests. Instead, they were humans. He shoved them to the floor in front of my chair and made them kneel before me. 

Neither one of them said a word, but obviously, fear was etched on their faces. I didn't recognize them from the night before. The woman had a kind face with large blue eyes and blond hair. The man had dark hair, dark eyes, and a strong jaw. Both were tall and slim. 

"Father, what are you doing?" I asked, struggling against my restraints even though I knew I couldn't help the two people. Father ignored me. 

He glanced over at Stephanie, nodding. She responded by digging her fingers into my shoulder, separating my arm from the socket. 

I drew strength from the renewed pain ripping through my shoulder and arm. I directed my anger at Father. "Stop this game, Father! Stop it!" 

Instantly he zoomed in before my face. He slapped me so hard my teeth rattled. "Shut up, you little wench. You started this, do you hear me?" His forked tongue almost hit me in the face. "A fan of mankind indeed?! I'll show you." He paused for a moment smoothing his tie over his shirt. His hot breath repeatedly stung my face. Then he stood and regained his composure. "Do you not recognize your friends? They are some of the new arrivals, who mysteriously found their way up river again, instead of staying with us. Any idea how that happened?" 

"I'm not in charge of new arrivals, remember? Ask her." I thrusted my head in Stephanie's direction, avoiding the humans' frightened looks. I was too ashamed to look at them. 

Father smiled at me. His long fangs fell over his lips. The green snake pattern on his skin now covered all the visible parts of his body beneath his suit. He motioned to Stephanie. "Go ahead." 

She responded by walking behind one of the humans, raising the gun to the back of his head, and squeezing the trigger. The gun exploded and the man slumped to the floor. 

"Nooo," I gritted my teeth. 

"Who helped you?" 

"No one," I spat. 

A second gun shot rang out. I watched the female fall to the floor. Blood spurted from the wound in her head. Nausea surged in the pit of my stomach and I fought against my restraints. The wooden chair bounced from one side to the other, holding me secure. 

"You don't have to tell me who helped you. I know," Father replied. 

I froze.

[Copyright 2011-2013 by Ally Thomas. All Rights Reserved. Cover Design by Cora Graphics.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 9.2K 24
COMPLETED: Some swearing and some 'hot under the collar' scenes but nothing graphic. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lara Maxwell is a typical 19 year old, working, stu...
4.6K 26 1
Living a life with an overbearing father can be a challenge. For Rayea whose father is the fallen angel, Lucifer, it's been torture. In the second in...
75.1K 3.7K 35
After the escape from Stefan's prison and the reveal of the Mistress, Avalon is finally reunited with everyone she loves. But.... Avalon more determ...
17.2K 35 13
A collection of short stories ranging from 1 to 4 pages long. In "A Deal With the Devil" Cavan Hart finds a strange, un-earthly creature following hi...