A Rose Bursting Through The I...

By melon_bread

Elsa was always a quiet, shy and timid but when she met Harry, things changed. Follow the life of Elsa and ho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 7

78 2 0
By melon_bread

I was packing all my things since the crack if dawn, I was getting ready to spen Christmas at the Weasley's house. I was quite excited but also nervous, I didn't want to be a burden to them, but the Weasleys insisted I must go. The other thing is which made it difficult was Harry going, I avoided him since the kiss for as long as I could. Everytime he was in a room I would walk out or walk past him without saying a word, the only things that kept me happy and upbeat was Hermione, she comforted me and would also follow me. I became closer with Thalia and Sophia too. And of course the twins never failed to amuse me. I finished packing every little bit and left the room.

"Right, this Christmas I will be strong, maybe I can just ignore him like I'm doing now." I said to my self. I joined with Hermione.

"You ready? Everyone is waiting to go." Hermione asked, I nodded and smiled

I walked down into the common room and spotted everyone, they all looked quite jolly, the twins were playing cards with Ron and Harry was reading. A few days ago Hermione calmly explained to Ron what happened with me and that moment with Cho and Harry, I felt like I had an older brother, he would make sure Harry wouldn't try and start a conversation so I didn't feel awkward and he was very kind. In fact Ginny, Fred and George kind of acted as my older siblings too, even though Ginny was technically younger.

"What are you doing?" I asked Ron

"We were playing a card game but they cheated." Ron said pointing to the twins

"We didn't cheat!" They said in unison

"You just don't know how to play properly." George said. They started to argue a bit, Harry came over and I looked down

"Hey, it's Christmas..." Harry said, they nodded and started talking again.

"So how are you?" Harry asked me awkwardly.

"I-I'm fine." I said, at that moment I felt like shy Elsa again, he nodded and walked off to talk to everyone. I sighed. I looked out the window and saw it was snowing.

"Look it's snowing again!" I shouted

"Let's go and have a snowball fight!" Ron shouted, we all quickly made our way outside, we had our teams, Fred, me, Neville and Hermione were on a team and then George Harry, Ginny and Ron were on the other. We took our places and began to throw snowballs.

"TAKE THIS RON!" Hermione shouted, she threw a giant snowball at Ron and he fell back.

"ILL GET YOU GRANGER!" He said trying to gain his balance. He stood up and threw as me and Hermione squealed as they tried to get us.

"Now's you're chance to use your anger on Harry." Hermione whispered, I nodded, I crouched, rolled up a giant snowball, stood up and aimed, I threw it and it got him right in the face, he fell back

"Woooo!!!" I shouted,

"Hey!!" He shouted, he tried throwing ones at me but I kept on dodging them.

We had so much fun, even though it was freezing we didn't care, we built snowmen and made snow angels, me and Hermione both made a snow couple, she found twigs and made them look like they were holding hands, then Harry put one next to ours, then Ron, Ginny and Neville, we smiled at then for a while and the Fred and George destroyed them.

"That was fun." Hermione said as we walked back into the common room. I fell on the sofa

"Sorry for hitting your face with a snowball." I said to Harry, I felt pretty bad when I hit him.

"That's okay, sorry for trying to hit you." He said looking into my eyes, I looked into his eyes and I fell in love again.

"Guys, we'll be late for the train!!!" Hermione said panicking, we all rolled our eyes and sighed

"Hermione I doubt it very much." I said to her. She didn't listen and we were all made to leave.

While we made our way, I walked next to Hermione, making sure there was a gap between me and Harry

"Hermione, I've decided I'm going to quit loving Harry..." I said to her. We walked a bit faster so Harry couldn't hear

"Please no, don't take this decision, you might regret it one day." She said but I shook my head in dissaproval.

"No I can't go back to loving him, he loves Cho, he rejected me." I said sadly

"Yes but, you didn't even tell him your feelings!" Hermione protested

"But I'm not the one Harry is looking for, Cho is..." I said looking down.

"Elsa, Harry trusts you, he really likes you, don't give up what you've been fighting for." She said

"Yes, but only as a friend..." I said, and thus our conversation ended because Harry and Ron caught up.

"Bloody hell, you two walk fast." Ron said to us. I just kept my stare on the ground. Harry kept on looking at me. I wish I could tell Harry how I felt, but I'm just so scared of loosing him.

Hermione glanced at me, took Ron's arm and walked very fast in front of us, then it was just me and Harry... I kept on taking little glances to see if he was still there... I'm so hopeless at this forgetting him thing...

"Are you excited for going round the Weasley's?" Harry asked me, I suddenly looked up.

"I'm actually a bit nervous, I've never spent Christmas with someone else..." I replied

"I feel the same sometimes, but I'm glad my friends are my family." He said, I nodded

"I wish I could spend it with my parents..." Harry said sadly. I wanted to say the same but then I'd feel selfish...

"What about you?" Harry asked me. I looked up at him

"We share the same wish every year." I replied sweetly.

The two of us kept talking until we finally reached the station, it was like Cho was nonexistent and it was just us both again. In the corner of my eye I could see Malfoy

"Guess who's staring at you again. Elsa, what did you do?" Hermione asked in a whisper. I shyly turned around and I met his gaze, I immediately turned back round.

"I don't know." I replied I looked back once more and I saw he was coming towards me

"Hermione he's coming over here!" I said in a whisper. Before I could run off, he stopped at looked at me.

"What do you want Malfoy." Harry said in a sort of shout. I suddenly panicked, I knew he was going to tell why he came over here.

"None of your business Potter. I came to see her." Malfoy said angrily and pointed at me.

"But what does Elsa have to do with you?" Ron asked, Malfoy ignored him.

"I need to speak with her now." He demanded, he grabbed my wrist.

"No! I will not now leave! You think you're so powerful because you're a Malfoy! You're no different to anyone else." I shouted, I shook him off me and he walked off. Stupid boy...

"Why did he want to talk to you?" Harry asked me.

"I don't know, I haven't done anything..." I said lying.

"Let's get on." Hermione grabbed my arm and got on the train, I shot one last glance of Harry looking doubtful at me, I ignored it and followed Hermione, we found an empty cabin and walked in, we put our bags on the shelf.

"Right, what are you hiding." Hermione asked, straight away as we sat down.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"You know, the whole Malfoy incident that just happened." She said narrowing her eyes at me, I sighed

"Right, I'm not telling anyone else but you." I said to her. She nodded

"Ages ago, Malfoy came up to me and told me he loved me. That's why he's always staring and stalking me." I said to her. I looked back up and she was trying to hide a laugh.

"It's not funny at all!!" I said exclaiming

"What if Harry finds out and everyone else, no one will ever trust me again!" I said angrily

"I'm sorry, I'm sure everyone will believe you." Hermione said smiling

"Promise you won't tell anyone, unless I inform you to?" I said to her. She nodded. Before we could talk more, Ron and Harry walked in. Harry sat by me, but a bit further away, Ron was next to Hermione who was facing me.

"Are you excited to come round for Christmas?" Ron asked me

"Yes I am!" I said excitedly lightening my mood, Hermione and Ron laughed but Harry was looking down

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked

"I'm just a bit confused on why Malfoy urgently needed to talk with Elsa." Harry said, he turned his gaze to me.

"Okay... Malfoy... Actually.. K-kind of said he liked me... Ages ago..." I said stuttering and looking down. Then everyone looked up to stare at me

"I didn't tell any of you because I thought it was just nothing..." I said. Harry probably hates me now, oh I'm so stupid I want to run away... I looked at him and he was smiling

"I'm sorry for making this difficult." Harry said, I smiled back at him, instead of looking back down, he kept his gaze at me

"So you're not angry for me lying?" I asked. He shook his head

"I'm glad..." I said smiling again, he was still looking at me. I blushed and my heart was beating faster. I wondered what was rushing through his head at this moment, I hope it might be about me, but I doubt it.

"What are you two up to doing here?" I snapped out of my gaze and Ron was looking at the twins,

"We came to check on you." George said

"Seems to be nothing though, except Elsa is a bit red." Fred said, I looked down holding my cheeks. The twins laughed

"How long until our station...." Hermione said tiredly, the twins shrugged and walked out.

"They're so annoying sometimes..." Ron said sighing

"I think they're funny." I said smiling, Ron looked over at me

"Do not let them hear that." Ron said, I laughed at him.

An hour or so passed, during the journey I mostly stared at the window or played eye spy with the three. The trains bell rang which meant we were here!

"Finally!" I said, Hermione laughed.

We all got off the train and we walked away from it. Hermione was grinning at me.

"What?" I asked her

"Did you see how he was looking at you on the journey?" Hermione said, indicating that she meant Harry, I looked down

"Be quiet..." I whispered, Harry and Ron joined is

"Where to now?" I said, not really directing it at anyone.

"We feel like it's an occasion to use magic." Fred said

"Don't worry it's the only spell they won't mess up on." Ginny said walking up to us. We smiled at eachother. The twins got out their wands and they stood in front of us.

"Okay!!" They said in unison, before I could say anything. We were absorbed by something powerful, I felt quite sick and then it all ended. I didn't feel too sick anymore

"Here we are." Ron said. I looked up at their home, it looked lovely.

"Come on!" Ginny said cheerfully, we walked towards the house.

When we got in, I stared around everywhere like an idiot, I have never seen anything like this before and it was my first time staying at someone else's for Christmas.

"Oh my!!! You must be Elsa!!!" A kind looking lady said, she ran up to me and hugged me tightly, I hugged her back.

"It's very nice to meet you, I'm very honoured to stay in your home." I said shyly

"Aren't you polite!!! That's a rare thing in this house!" Mrs Weasley said

"Mum, stop embarrassing Elsa." Ron said sighing. I just laughed

"Right well, you can sort out your rooms. I picked up my luggage and climbed up the stairs following Ginny.

"Just up here us three can share a room." Ginny said to me and Hermione, we went in and placed our bags down. I start unpacking my things. As does Hermione.

"You've got such a lovely house." I said to Ginny

"Thanks, it's not much, but it's home." She said smiling, we all went down for dinner. While I was walking on the last step, I fell forward, Harry caught my balance.

"Are you okay?" He asked, I nodded, my cheeks grew red once again.

"Don't you look adorable together." We both gazed at Mrs Weasley, my face went even more red and I quickly let go of Harry and he let go of me. I awkwardly walked off.

Finally it was dinner, I sat down and I couldn't wait to eat, I sat next to Harry and Hermione on the other side of me. We all began to eat

"So Elsa, how has your time at Hogwarts been?" Mrs Weasley asked

"It's been good so far, I'm glad I got to meet Harry Hermione and all of you." I said smiling.

"Do you have a boyfriend? Oh I bet you do you're ever so pretty, Ginny does!" She said, I blushed

"Thank you, no I don't..." I said looking down embarrassed

"But we know she likes someone." Fred said, I nearly dropped my fork, I stared at Fred and George

"Oooh!" Mrs Weasley said

"Everyone stop, she's gone all red!" Ginny said in my defence

"Yes, she's only just gotten here." Mrs Weasley said apologizing

"It's okay." I said looking up at her. The rest of the meal was nice, we talked about moments at Hogwarts and made fun of Umbridge.

"I'm so sleepy." I said laying down.

"Same..." Hermione agreed. We all quickly fell asleep. I dreamt about magical realms and endless fields of flowers and willow trees. But like most of my dreams, it ends with a fire...

I woke up with a start, I grabbed a bit of paper and sat on the stairs, looking outside of the window. I looked down at the bit of paper, it was a moving picture of my mother, she was standing there smiling while she was holding a little 4 year old me... I stroked my picture with my thumb and smiled. I looked out of the window and stared at the dark sky. I sighed

"Are you okay?" I turned round and saw Harry

"Yeah, I just can't sleep, what about you?" I asked him

"The same with me." He replied, he sat down next to me.

"Is that your mum?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah." I said quietly, I shed a little tear which rolled down my cheek.

"You're crying..." Harry said looking sad

"I'm sorry..." I said crying a little more, Harry took my hand as I wiped the tears away, I went very red

"I'm being so selfish..." I said

"No you're not, I may not have parents but I know how you feel, it's okay." He said smiling. His hand fitted perfectly with mine... I smiled at him

"Are you... Okay?" He said slowly, I nodded, I really wanted to kiss him right now. But I couldn't

"I'm going back to bed now." I said, he gently let go of my hand

"Thank you." I said smiling

"What are friends for." He said, my smile faded just a little at the word 'friend', I was stuck in the friend zone...

"Goodnight." I said walking back to my bed, I laid down. His hand was so soft... So gentle... I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2.5K 70
Y/n Y/l/n found her way to be an assistant to the cold Severus Snape. Can she keep up with her all her duties? Or will her past drag her in the mud? ...
65.8K 2.4K 35
"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲?" "𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐚𝐦." ---- 9¾ ⚯͛ ---- "What's your name?" "(Y...
21.2K 494 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
13.8K 411 24
Nothing has been the same since she started Hogwarts in fifth year. When Alora Winters realises something different with Sebastian, she uncovers a se...