Chapter 9

A week went by and Christmas ended, it was time to go back to school, I didn't mind though, I had friends, a family and i felt wonderful.

"I always feel weird coming back to Hogwarts, I don't know why though." I said to Hermione, I was unpacking my things. I was also wearing the earrings Harry got me over Christmas.

"I get what you mean sort of." Hermione replied, we went to the great hall for a welcome back speech and a meal.

I unfortunately found out Cho and Harry were going out but it didn't phase me too much. Until I saw them everywhere, until he started missing our studies. It was getting out of hand and it was getting to me.

It would be the only thing he talked about really, like before Christmas. I soon went into my ignoring Harry streak... I was sat in the library studying for my upcoming OWLs. I suddenly remembered this one book I needed. Anyway, I loved getting lost between the aisles of books. I stood up and left my table, hoping I'd be able to find it again. I began searching for it. It was about potions which I struggled in just a little, Hermione recommend it to me and I was determined to find it. My eyes darted looking for the particular book, I looked up, it was just out of my reach though, I jumped. Determined to knock it and pull it out, I stopped my jumping when someone pulled the book out for me. It was Draco

"Studying?" He asked, I nodded, taking the book.

"Yes, if you're going to push me against the wall again I'm not up for it, I'm struggling with potions right now." I said in frustration.

"I won't and potions? Really?" Draco said, he followed me as I continued to search for other books.

"We're not all freak geniuses like you." I said quite coldly, I then felt bad.

"Sorry." I added, he just smirked.

"You know if you need someone to help you with potions I'm always here." Draco said, I paused as I pulled out another book.

"If this is something to do with the DA I'm not saying anything, I'll punch you again if you follow me back there" I said, trying to be threatening

"It's not. I'm serious, I can help you now if you like." Draco said kindly, then he smiled. Not his usual smug grin or a sly smirk coming from the corner of your eye, it was a genuine kind smile.

"Okay." I wasn't too sure why I said that, maybe I was getting so worked up about Harry. He led me to a secluded desk with two seats that was tucked away. I handed him my potions book.

"Which area are you struggling in?" Draco asked me politely.

"Polyjuice potions and other simple ones." I said feeling quite embarrassed that I didn't know them. I was waiting for Draco to start mocking me.

"It's really not that hard if you know the method, if you look here..." Draco began talking to me and explaining. I couldn't believe that he was actually being nice to me, or that I was even with him! He was very patient with me and he tested me on the potions too. I soon understood it more. I agreed to meet him here almost once or twice a day.

"You're a good teacher." I complimented him, I think this must've been the nicest thing I've said to him since I first met him.

"Well, you're a good listener." Draco said, it was getting late and Hermione was probably wondering where I was.

"Thanks." I said lightly, I took my books and began to leave the library.

"I'm guessing I'll be seeing you tomorrow?" I turned round before I left, he nodded and smiled, I smiled back. Strange, why was I doing this? He's a Slytherin! He's on Umbridge's side! Is this revenge on Harry? These thoughts spun around my mind as I made my way back to the common room.

"Where have you been?" Hermione said as I entered the room.

"Just studying." I said normally, she looked suspiciously at me and I went up to my room to sleep. Jealousy, I'm doing this out of jealousy. I decided that what I was doing... I didn't even mind, I sighed with anger and fell asleep.