Chapter 8

I woke up slowly, very tiredly too, I didn't get much sleep last night. I got up slowly and got dressed.

Breakfast was quite awkward and quiet, I sat by Harry and I remembered when he came to visit me when I was quite sad at the stairs. Everyone was quiet and all you could hear was the clinking of the cutlery on the plates.

"If you haven't got any plans today maybe you should go to Diagon Alley." Mrs Weasley said breaking the awkward silence

"That's a good idea." Hermione said speaking up. Everyone agreed.

Once we were done with breakfast we all got coats and scarves on to go to Diagon Alley.
We decided to go Christmas shopping. I followed off with Hermione while Ron and Harry went somewhere else.
"So?" Hermione said

"So...?" I replied curiously

"What are you going to get for Harry this Christmas?" She asked

"I don't know..." I said looking down and kicking the snow. Hermione talked on for ages about ideas. And then I suddenly remembered this shop I went to ages ago.

"Hermione, I have a great idea!" I said, I grabbed her arm and dragged her along to this little decoration and gift shop.

"What are you getting from here?" She asked me. I didn't answer and ran straight in.

I knew Harry would love it. I got him a golden snitch, obviously fake but it felt and looked real. I got the gift shop owner to have 'Harry James Potter' engraved into it. When I walked out, I opened the little present box it provided and showed Hermione.

"Elsa, He'll love it!" Hermione said smiling

"Yes! I was thinking lots and I thought of his favourite things." I said smiling.

"You know him so well, you should tell him some quidditch knowledge, he'll be all over you!" She said smiling

"I'm okay! I do like Harry but being crushed by him is a bit much..." I said laughing

"I didn't mean literally..." Hermione said sighing

"I know." I replied, we went round Diagon Alley. For Hermione I bought her some books, fiction and non-fiction, for Ron I got him lots of sweets: a chocolate frog, Bertie bots every flavoured beans, drewbles best blowing gum, chocolate wands, peppermint toads, pumpkin pasties and chocolate cauldrons. I decided to send Sophia and Thalia presents too, for Sophia, she loves bows and making bows so I bought her a box with assorted bows with different sizes, also a kit to make and design some. For Thalia I got her a beautiful empty journal to write her thoughts down and a few beautiful lengthy storybooks. Fred and George, a fun pocket prank book. For Mr and Mrs Weasley I got matching scarves, hats and mittens, I got felt quite pleased with my self.

"I wonder what the boys are getting us..." I said, Hermione nodded

"Seeing as we have lots of time should we visit Thalia?" I asked Hermione, she didn't know her that well but she wanted to get to know her

"Okay!" She said smiling.

When we got there we saw her walking away from her house.

"What's wrong, why are you carrying your bags?" I asked Thalia

"Well... I got sent away from my house, I have to live with my grandmother... And I hate her." Thalia said sadly, ever since I knew Thalia she told me her step parents were mean and cold hearted, they would always tell her she wasn't good enough and other horrible insults, they were horrible people.

"That's terrible!" Hermione said with horror, the three of us walked around Diagon Alley trying to cheer her up. We met up with Ron and Harry. I could Thalia tell felt a lot happier because I know she likes Ron very much, she looked at him with loving eyes, but he was too oblivious to notice. I looked at Harry and thought of the present I got him, I really couldn't wait to give it to him, a little smile spread across my face.

"Thalia's parents kicked her out of her house and she has no where to stay..." Hermione said.

"She can come back with us." Ron said kindly.

"Thank you so much." She said quietly.

"No problem." He replied. Thalia smiled sweetly and blushed.

We returned back to the Weasley house, Mrs Weasley greeted Thalia and we just about squeezed Thalia into the room with me and Hermione.

"Right so that's definitely everyone staying?" Mrs Weasley said to Hermione, we both laughed.

"I feel very honoured to stay here." Thalia said quietly and Mrs Weasley smiled.

A week went past and it was nearing up to Christmas Eve, we spent a day out in the snow.

"I think this snowman needs a hat." Thalia said, we finished decorating his face. Ginny went into the house and fetched a hat and scarf

"A scarf too." Ginny said, we wrapped the scarf round his neck and placed the hat on top. Suddenly two snowballs hit my back.

"Oh no." Ginny said, she knew it was coming, the four of us ran and hid behind a tree, we could see the boys collecting snowballs.

"Quick!" Hermione exclaimed. We all started making snowballs

Mrs Weasley cooked a delicious Christmas Eve meal and everyone was excited for Christmas Day.

"I'm so excited to give my presents tomorrow!" I said excitedly as I got settled down for bed.

"Me too!" Thalia chimed in, we stayed up a bit as we were maybe a little too excited... But eventually we all slept and in the morning we all exchanged our presents.

"Here's mine." I said handing out the presents I bought, I felt really awkward as everyone did open them.

"Elsa... This is so cool." Harry said holding the snitch in his hand, I smiled and everyone else enjoyed their presents too. Hermione got me a big book of fantasy stories and a blank book so I could maybe write my own, Ron got me a big jar of assorted sweets, we seemed to have been thinking the same thing! Mrs Weasley knitted me a sweater with a big E on the front. Fred and George gave me a skiving snack box which Hermionie disapproved of but I loved it!

"I got you a present, I know you've been needing one." Thalia said, she left the room and walked back in with a beautiful tawny owl.

"Oh my gosh!" I said excitedly, I've always wanted my own pet.

"Her names Ophelia." Thalia said, I opened the cage and the tiny tawny owl flew about, she then rested on my shoulder.

"She likes you!" Mrs Weasley said laughing. I giggled as Ophelia pecked at my hair gently. Harry then handed me his present, it was contained in a small velvet box

"I'm definitely sure I can't top Thalia's present but I think you'll like it." Harry said kindly, I opened it slowly and inside were dangle earrings that seemed to emit gold sparkles, they were gorgeous.

"Harry they're beautiful!" I said happily, I put them on and they looked perfect.

"It's okay," Harry smiled, this was the best Christmas ever, I haven't had many presents in years, the occasional one from my grandmother but I felt very special, I looked at the scene before me. Happiness filled the room, warmth and happiness. I didn't want to be anywhere else.

We had another delicious meal by Mrs Weasley. The twins went round the house and placed surprise mistletoe everywhere, which everyone avoided. Although after the meal we all offered to take out the meals, Ron and Thalia both walked under a mistletoe. Everyone gasped. Ron rolled his eyes and Thalia blushed.

"I'm guessing we have to." Ron said, Thalia nodded and looked down. Ron leaned in and kissed her delicately, it was beautiful and everyone cheered.

"I don't think I can breath." Thalia whispered to me as she joined me in the living room, I smiled and I hugged her.