Chasing Time (Seamus Finniga...

By properweird

Dora finds herself going to Hogwarts in her fourth year, where she makes a bunch of new friends and memories... More

Start
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirthy
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirthy-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty

fourteen

338 10 8
By properweird

The holidays were almost over. I had only two days to fight my cousin, great. Seamus avoided me and my gaze. He didn't want to talk to me and Dean wanted to know why, although neither of us wanted to say anything. That was pretty lame, because it wasn't a big deal , actually. I didn't know why Seamus acted like that. I expected something actually was wrong, but he just didn't want to confess it.

I had figured out that if I wanted to fight Draco, I would need to provoke the fight. I was just returning from the library when I saw him in the corridor. I knew this was my only chance. 'Draco!' I yelled at him, rushing towards him whilst he turned around. 'Calli! Had a nice Christmas?' he asked, smirking, as usual. 'Fine. You?'

'Great. I didn't understand why you didn't get me a present, actually?'

'Come on, Draco. You know it's "not done" when a Gryffindor contacts a Slytherin.'

'Since when do you think like that? You never care about what other people say.'

'Maybe I've changed then.'

'Hey, have you written to your dad?'

I crossed my arms. 'Why should I?'

'Maybe to check if he's okay?'

'I bet he's okay. He's under the care of the Dementors.'

'You truly don't care about your father, or are you just trying to act like you don't?'

'I never said I didn't care about him.'

'Oh no? It sounded really like it.'

'It didn't!'

Draco grinned. 'Just admit it Calli,' he said as he looked in my eyes. 'There's nothing to admit,' I replied as he moved closer to me. I took a few steps back. 'What's wrong Calli? Are you scared of me?'

'Ofcourse not.'

'Alright. I was thinking you didn't like me anymore.'

I frowned. 'What do you mean with that?'

'I mean,' he started as he walked towards me again, 'that you fancy me. Don't you, Calli?'

'Why on earth would I?'

'Maybe because you know me for a very long time, and I'm absolutely handsome.'

'Well, that's not true. At all.'

I leaned against the wall, my arms still crossed. I realized that was a very bad idea. 'You're just denying it. Because of your Gryffindor friends. Maybe because you want to spare that poor Finnigan's heart, as he happens to have a big chrush on you.' When he said that my heart started to beat faster. But he was lying. Ofcourse he was lying. Draco never told the truth about things like this.

Calm down, I told myself. There was absolutely nothing to be worried about or anything. Or maybe there was, when Draco put his arm around my waist and leaned in. 'You have always liked me, Calli,' he whispered. I only relized what was going on when I felt his lips against mine.
What was he doing? What was he thinking? Why would he kiss me?

As soon I realized what was going on, I pulled back quickly and pushed him away. 'What the hell do you think you where doing?!' I yelled at him. He only smirked. 'I was kissing you, Calli. Thought you were smart enough to figure that out.'

'I can't believe it! Just go away, Malfoy!' I shouted as I took a few steps back, shaking my head. 'Come on, Calli. You can't be serious!'

'I am. Bye Malfoy.' I turned around and started to walk away as I reminded myself I had only two days to fight the person that was standing right behind me, and that moment I felt like jinxing him a lot.

I took my wand and turned around, pointing it at Draco and quickly said: 'Levicorpus.'

In one second, Draco was dangled upside-down by one of his ankles. I smirked. I didn't see Draco had took his wand, but I heard him shout: 'Liberacorpus!' and he fell down.

I realized I was actually going to fight him right now, and I felt pretty happy about that, as I might win the bet.

'Expelliarmus!' Draco shouted immediatly and I ducked before pointing my wand back at him. 'Obscuro.'

Draco evaded the spell. 'Rictumsempra!' I ducked again and laughed. 'Is that the best you can come up with? Incarcerous!' This time Draco wasn't quick enough, and he got tied up with ropes. He fell down. 'Really, Calli? Are you going to kill me or something?' he said with a small chuckle. 

'No, but I can get close to it.' Deep inside I didn't want to use this spell, but then I reminded myself that Draco could handle it. And he deserved it.

'Crucio.'

Draco's body started shaking. I felt a bit guilty, but I casted the curse again. Then I took a step back. 'Relashio.' Draco was free again, but was still lying on the ground. 'How can you use such a spell on me, Calli?' he whispered. 'Get up, Draco. Get up and fight me.'

Draco stood up slowly and pointed his wand at me. 'You now the Cruciatus curse is Unforgivable, Calli. So it is to me.'

'What are you going to do about it?' I asked challenging.

'I think I'll try to use it on you. Crucio!' I ducked again whilst Draco kept muttering the spell and I knew it had to hit me. So it did. The pain was immense and I fell to my knees. I tried to resist it, and the pain hurted mince. I pointed my wand at Draco. 'Expulso,' I whispered, but it was enough and the pain stopped immediatly and Draco was blown away.

I stood up. 'Expulso!' Draco shouted and the spell threw me against the wall. The back of my head hit the wall and a sharp pain ran through my head. I forced myself to stand up, but my head was turning and soon the whole corridor seemed to be spinning too.

'Expulso!' I shouted again, and I saw Draco fall down again and I heard him scream out of pain. I didn't know if he was hurt because I fell down against the wall and the last thing I heard before everything went black was: 'Sectumsempra!'

---

When I opened my eyes again, I saw a white ceiling. I had never seen that white ceiling before, I thought. The back of my head was hurting. I felt someone was holding my hand, but as soon I tried to turn my head to look who it was, the person let go. When I had finally managed to turn my head, I saw Seamus. 'Hi. You can hold it if you want to,' I whispered with a grin. His face lightened and he smirked.

'You're awake! Finally.' He grabbed my hand again as he shove his chair closer to my bed. 'How so, finally?'

'You've been asleep for four days. If you'd been sleeping for two more days,  they would've brought you to St. Mungo's,' Seamus explained. 'You didn't need to take my challenge that serious, actually,' he added. I smiled. 'I know.'

Seamus' face fell. 'Although, I didn't understand why you had to kiss him.'

I remembered it at once. How on earth did Seamus even see that? 'Seamus, it was nothing. He kissed me, but I didn't want him to. That's the reason I fought him anyway,' I explained. Seamus shook his head. 'Really?'

'Yes, really! Seamus, why would I kiss him? He's my cousin, for goodness sake! But he started to say weird things and I tried to hold him back, but he blocked me and then he kissed me but I hated it. Honestly, I don't want you to believe it meant something, because it ment nothing,' I ratled on. 'Calm down, Dora, you're hurt,' Seamus said. 'Fine, but don't believe anything Draco says about it, okay?' Seamus nodded as he stroke my hand.

'Now, I'm sorry, but class is starting in a few minutes, so I'll need to set off.'

'I'm coming too,' I said, as I tried to sit up straight. 'Wait, wait, wait. You're not going anywhere.'

He pushed me back down gently. 'No, Seamus, I need to go to class. I can't miss anything.'

'Yes, you can. I can bring you your homework, if you want me to,' he suggested. I smirked. 'I think I don't need to make it, as I've won the bet, didn't I?'

He laughed. 'Are you still interested in that?'

'Yep. Who won?'

'If we need to look at it: you actually fought Malfoy, you could only ask Dean the half of the questions, and I miserably failed, so... you're the winner I think.'

'You miserably failed?' I said with a chuckle.

'Ofcourse I did,' Seamus said matter-of-factly with a grin.

'Now I really need to go. I'll come back after classes, okay? See you soon, Dora,' he added, as he stood up, let go of my hand, took his backpack and set off. 

*~*~*~*~*

I hope you liked this chapter, and that's actually all I got to say :-)

Oh yeah, and as always, I hope you enjoy the story. (I think it's my new habit, saying this at the end of every chapter.)

Loran ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.3K 12
the summer before sixth year: Draco's parents are dead; he's no longer useful to the Dark Lord, and is planned to be killed off. So he's brought to 1...
276K 7.9K 29
Your fourth year at Hogwarts welcomes new schools and new problems.
449K 8.6K 50
You are a wizard who doesn't know his mother because she died when you were a young age. You have a brother who is close to you but distant. And fath...
13 0 37
This is a story about a girl lost in the wizarding world. She has no parents, all she knows is that they're alive. Her father and mother both left be...