nine

From then on, people talked about nothing else. So did we. Even when we were walking to the Astronomy Tower, seven o'clock in the evening.

'Did he ask you again?' I said surprised. Hermione nodded and sighed.

'And you would like to go with him too?'

'I don't know... I mean, he is a nice guy, but...'

'You are waiting for Ron to ask.' She sighed again.

'Hermione, if you're waiting for Ron to ask, you can wait like... for ever.'

'I know...'

'Then just say yes to Krum!' 

'But...'

We stopped and I took her shoulder. 'Come on Hermione! I'm sorry, but Ron is just to stupid to ask you. You're a beautifull girl and you deserve to have a proper date. So don't wait for Krum to change his mind. Just say yes.'

'Well, okay then! I'll go with him!' she exclaimed.  

We had reached the Astronomy Tower and climbed the stairs. There were only two seats left as we were the last to arrive: one next to Lavender Brown, one next to Draco Malfoy. I wanted to go sit down next to Lavender, but Hermione pushed me in Draco's direction. 'You go sit there,' she muttered. 'Hermione...'

'Oh come on, he's your cousin.'

I sighed and walked to the table in the back. Draco smirked when he saw the expression on my face as I sat down and took my book. 'Hi, Calli. You don't seem so happy to see me,' he said with a smirk.

'Correct.'

'And why is that, Calli?'

'Just because I don't want to talk to you right now as you are acting like a total asshole.'

'How do you know that? You never talk to me at school. And I don't understand why, as we are friends since we can talk.'

'Oh my god. I can't believe you just admitted that.'

'Why? I can be like that, you know that.'

'Oh, I do. But I don't understand why you need to act like someone else, here.'

'Don't be silly, Calli. I don't act like someone else.'

'You actually do.'

We had started to whisper at that moment, as the lesson had started, but we were not paying attention.

'Maybe that's because I think everyone should keep his feelings for himself.'

'Like everybody?' I smirked. 'That would be impossible.'

'Not impossible, just put it into perspective.'

'No, imagine that. It would be horrible.'

He smirked. 'The world is horrible.'

I shrugged. 'Maybe it is. But you can always try to make it better yourself.'

Draco leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms across his chest.

'You know, I actually can't believe you're family. You're just nothing like your dad.'

'And do you think that's good or bad?'

'Good... I think.'

I smiled. 'Thank you.' He grinned. 'What for?'

'For being a proper friend for once.'

'You think I'm a proper friend now?'

'I'm not going to answer that question.'

'Have it your way,' he said with a grin.