seven

Chantry and I were walking through the corridors with Jaimee, a girl from Ravenclaw we met during Astronomy classes. A few lessons in a row we had talked with her and I thought she was a nice girl.

'You actually did? I can't believe that!' Chantry was gaving her opinion about Jaimee's story , when she apparently sneaked into the Slytherin common room just to see her boyfriend. 'It was actually a short relationship,' Jaimee said, as she ran a hand through her long, dark brown hair and laughed.

'How long?' I asked. 'Three months. It started at the end of previous schoolyear, but the first day at school, I broke up with him.'

'You broke up with him? Honestly, Jaimee, I thought you were a really shy girl that would try really hard to make it work,' said Chantry surprised.

Jaimee rolled with her coffee brown orbs. 'Maybe I am, who knows. But he was a Slytherin. Come on, what did I think?'

'You were smitten with him, don't you think? It was just a stupid-' I didn't hear the rest from Chantry's explanation, as someone pulled at my arm and I stopped to turn around as the two of them walked on.

It was Ron. 'Hi, Dora...' he started. I raised my eyebrows. What did he have to say after he hadn't spoken to me for three weeks?

'I just wanted to talk to you,' he began. 'Don't you think it's a bit late to start talking?'

'Just listen to me for a moment. Look, I know my actions where a bit inappropriate,' he started.

'You were a jerk.'

'I had a point,' he stated, as he crossed his arms across his chest.

'You didn't have a point,' I said.

'My point is that you kept from us that you're the daughter of a damn Death Eater! Why should you keep something as big from your friends?'

My fingers curled into a fist. 

'I don't care about my dad being a Death Eater, nor does Chantry, nor does Jaimee. Why do you, then? Right, because you don't care about me as I am, but about my family. You never will meet my family. What's the problem?'

'The problem is...' He couldn't get the words out.

'What is the problem then?'

'He is related to you.'

'So? You never have to meet him. He cares about me, okay? He's my dad.'

'Well, okay. But that doesn't take away you're related to a Death Eater.'

'I really can't see what your point is. It doesn't make me a different person. Are we going to eat? I'm starving.'

'Alright then,' he muttered as we began walking to the Great Hall. 'But I'm not saying you're right.'

'Actually you are, by finishing this conversation when you said alright.'

'Actually you ended the conversation by saying you wanted to go and eat.'

'But you acted like you were giving in.'

He grinned. 'No, I didn't.'

'You're just too proud to confess it.'

'I'm not proud,' he said.

'And you're too proud to confess that too.'

'And you are too proud to confess I do have a point about that whole Death Eater thing,' he stated.

'I'm not, as you don't have a point. Can we talk about something else now?'

'Fine. Do you want to sit with us, or do you want to sit with Chantry? I mean, it's both fine,' he said, as he pointed at Chantry, who was sitting next to Fred and George Weasley. 'Wait.'