fourteen

The holidays were almost over. I had only two days to fight my cousin, great. Seamus avoided me and my gaze. He didn't want to talk to me and Dean wanted to know why, although neither of us wanted to say anything. That was pretty lame, because it wasn't a big deal , actually. I didn't know why Seamus acted like that. I expected something actually was wrong, but he just didn't want to confess it.

I had figured out that if I wanted to fight Draco, I would need to provoke the fight. I was just returning from the library when I saw him in the corridor. I knew this was my only chance. 'Draco!' I yelled at him, rushing towards him whilst he turned around. 'Calli! Had a nice Christmas?' he asked, smirking, as usual. 'Fine. You?'

'Great. I didn't understand why you didn't get me a present, actually?'

'Come on, Draco. You know it's "not done" when a Gryffindor contacts a Slytherin.'

'Since when do you think like that? You never care about what other people say.'

'Maybe I've changed then.'

'Hey, have you written to your dad?'

I crossed my arms. 'Why should I?'

'Maybe to check if he's okay?'

'I bet he's okay. He's under the care of the Dementors.'

'You truly don't care about your father, or are you just trying to act like you don't?'

'I never said I didn't care about him.'

'Oh no? It sounded really like it.'

'It didn't!'

Draco grinned. 'Just admit it Calli,' he said as he looked in my eyes. 'There's nothing to admit,' I replied as he moved closer to me. I took a few steps back. 'What's wrong Calli? Are you scared of me?'

'Ofcourse not.'

'Alright. I was thinking you didn't like me anymore.'

I frowned. 'What do you mean with that?'

'I mean,' he started as he walked towards me again, 'that you fancy me. Don't you, Calli?'

'Why on earth would I?'

'Maybe because you know me for a very long time, and I'm absolutely handsome.'

'Well, that's not true. At all.'

I leaned against the wall, my arms still crossed. I realized that was a very bad idea. 'You're just denying it. Because of your Gryffindor friends. Maybe because you want to spare that poor Finnigan's heart, as he happens to have a big chrush on you.' When he said that my heart started to beat faster. But he was lying. Ofcourse he was lying. Draco never told the truth about things like this.

Calm down, I told myself. There was absolutely nothing to be worried about or anything. Or maybe there was, when Draco put his arm around my waist and leaned in. 'You have always liked me, Calli,' he whispered. I only relized what was going on when I felt his lips against mine.
What was he doing? What was he thinking? Why would he kiss me?

As soon I realized what was going on, I pulled back quickly and pushed him away. 'What the hell do you think you where doing?!' I yelled at him. He only smirked. 'I was kissing you, Calli. Thought you were smart enough to figure that out.'

'I can't believe it! Just go away, Malfoy!' I shouted as I took a few steps back, shaking my head. 'Come on, Calli. You can't be serious!'

'I am. Bye Malfoy.' I turned around and started to walk away as I reminded myself I had only two days to fight the person that was standing right behind me, and that moment I felt like jinxing him a lot.