eight

During november, the first task of the Triwizard Tournament drew nearer, and everybody spoke about it.

Harry was getting a bit nervous too, like the other champions. Hermione tried to help him, but Ron and I knew better and didn't mention the subject when Harry was around.

One day, Harry entered the common room very late, at eleven o'clock, after he paid a visit to Hagrid. He seemed a bit in shock when he sat down next to Hermione.

'So what did he show you then?' she asked, examinating her friend. 'The first task is dragons,' he answered curtly.
Hermione frowned. 'Dragons?'

'Sshh, not that hard,' hissed Harry at her. 'I'm sorry. But dragons? That's super dangerous,' she said in a softer voice.

Harry rolled his emerald green eyes. 'I figured that out, thanks.'

'Do you have a plan or something?' she asked, frowning.

'Bloody hell, Hermione, no! I heard it just half an hour ago!' Harry snapped at his friend.

Hermione leaned back a bit, trying to give Harry some space. 'I'll leave you to it, then.' Harry nodded and got up.

'What are you going to do?' Ron said, as his friend turned around with an irritated expression on his face.

'I'm going to bed, if that's allowed,' he growled at him, turned around, and climbed the stairs to his dormitory.

'He's got a bad temper,' muttered Ron when his friend was out of sight.

'What do you expect, Ron? He didn't choose to participate,' hissed Hermione at him with an angry gaze.

 Ron raised his eyebrows and leaned back as he crossed his arms across his chest. 'I think I'll go to bed too,' said Hermione, as she stood up and left the common room too.

'What's she angry about?' Chantry and I both shrugged. 'I'll be of to bed then too. Have fun.'

He left Chantry and me alone.

'Do you think Harry's okay? With that task?' she asked to me with a concerned look on her face. 'I don't know. He doesn't like sharing his problems with others.'

She nodded and stared into the flames from the fire, burning in the fireplace in front of us.

'So... dragons. I'm actually looking forward to see it,' I confessed.

'Looking forward? They could die!'

'This is a school. They won't let a student die.'

'If you say so...'

'Are you worried?' I noted.

She looked up. 'Ofcourse I'm not.'

'You are.'

'I'm not. Really,' she said. 'Now are you coming? I'm tired.' She stood up, her arms crossed. I didn't move. 'Chantry you can tell me if there's something bothering you,' I said.

She raised her eyebrows. 'What makes you say that?'

'You're a good friend. You can trust me.'

'Yeah. You can trust me too.'

'So.... is there something you would like to tell me?'

'No.'

'Okay.' I stood up and we climbed the stairs to our dormitory, trying not to wake anybody as we were the last to go to bed.

---

The First task

Hermione and Ron had been practicing the Summoning Charm with Harry for two weeks, and Hermione kept repeating what he had to do, even when we were on our way to the stadium where the first task would take place.