eleven

Ron and I were sitting in the common room with the two of us as Harry had gone to bed and Hermione had to finish an assignment. Chantry had told me she would be with Andon, so she wasn't there either.

'I  hate dances,' said Ron. 'Have you ever been to a dance before?'

'Weddings. I have attended loads of those. Big family, you see.'

I nodded. 'Want to see her face next friday,' said Ron. I didn't understand what he was talking about. 'Who?'

'Hermione ofcourse!'

'And why is that?'

'Because nobody's asked her ofcourse.'

I hadn't see that one coming. 'And why do you think that?'

'Yeah. If she doesn't want to tell who she's going with...'

'That doesn't mean anything. I mean, I won't tell you either.'

'Because you think we would make fun of you, probably.' I hit his arm. Sometimes he was such an asshole.

'No, because I think you would be angry or you wouldn't understand or something like that. Because of your stupid reaction.'

He sniffed as he looked up at me. 'You can't know that, as you're not telling me.'

I shrugged. 'I'll leave it unknown then.'

'No, come on Dora. Who are you going with?'

'I'm  not telling you that.'

---

Finally the day of the ball had arrived. I just hoped it would be alright, as I always felt uncomfortable at parties or anything like that.

Hermione, Chantry and I were in our dormitory, preparing for the ball. Chantry held her dark blue dress in front of her and looked at us. 'What do you think?' she asked.

'It's beautiful,' Hermione said. Chantry turned to face me. 'Yeah. Beautiful,' I said, whilst I was searching for my dress in my trunk. I had finally found it: a normal black dress with short sleeves, it came up to my knees.

I put on my dress and then my shoes. 'Wow, Dora. It's pretty!' Chantry said as she walked over to me with her brush in her hand.

In half an hour we were all ready and we went down to the common room and then to the Entrance Hall. Everywhere we saw girls in long dresses and boys in dress-robes. There was already music coming from the Great Hall, as the students were entering. My eyes searched the room for Draco, and I cought him gazing at me. I smiled at him as I walked towards him. Hermione had seen Krum and had joined him, and Chantry's date wasn't there yet. She was looking at Draco and me, with wide eyes.

'Hi Calli. You look stunning tonight,' Draco greeted me. 'You too,' I answered. He grinned as we entered the Great Hall.

Never in my whole life I had seen something as beautiful as this. The room was decorated with ice crystals, garlands, christmas trees, snowflakes and a lot more.

After the champions had entered, it was time to dance. Draco pulled me towards the dance-floor, I sighed. 'No, I can't dance,' I said, but he only grinned. 'Oh, you can. And if it goes completely wrong, you're only embarrassed for the whole school,' he stated.

'Sounds great!'

After a few dances, Draco went somewhere and I walked towards Hermione, Harry and Ron, as Seamus took my arm. I stopped and turned around. 'Hey! Would you like to dance?'

I looked around, but Draco was nowhere to be seen.

'Yeah, okay!'
He smiled and pulled me towards the dancefloor. We danced a pretty long time, and it was the first time I actually enjoyed dancing. Dancing with Seamus was just fun.