Beyond The Stars

By Noretakes

"You want to go find your brother, and I want to find my best friend. Since you're crazy and do dangerous thi... More

Just a few things that you should know
Prologue
Moody mornings and awful pick-up lines
Spit Sharing and Frosty Fingers
Touchy Spots and Long Faces
Apologies and Dissapearing
Fighting Steriod Infected Monkeys and Planning
Jinns and Teddy Bears
Anger Issues and Proposals
Pondering and More Proposals
Authors Note
Nosy Uncles and Running Away
Ninja-ing and Cpt. Smexy
Invisible Raifs and Halal touching
Childishness And Raging
Scarred Eyes and Lovey Dovey-ness
Running and Failed Seduction
Squiggly Lines and First Nights
Tree dangling and Coffee Talks
Unicorn Puke and Drastic Measures
Psycho Bunnies and Raifs 'Kidnapper'
Panicking and Cuddling
Heaving and Photographs
Anger and Care
Brothers and Love
Fake Emotions and Butthurt Mahras
Very important A/N and new book maybe? :0
Macho Men and Sealed Deals
Fights and Bites to the Heart
Bollyywood Stars and Curly Haired Angels
Silence and Jealousy
Almost Kisses and Stereos
Bottles and Busses
Lord Nebula and Raif
Takedowns and Surprise Lip Attacks
Punches and Drowsy Smiles
Hysterical and Deep
Intimacy and An Adventure For Three
A/N- read pretty please? With a cherry on top?
Decesions and Revealing Plans
White and Bright
Above and Beyond
Turning Points and Parents
Motivation and Make Outs
Naked Mikhails and Lashing Out
The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Epilogue

14.8K 1K 1K
By Noretakes

Guys omg it's been three days and I don't know what to write , I'm telling you it's not easy to write lol ask any other writer XD

*50,000 more days later - exams killed me btw

Ok I'm good now let's begin :)

OHHHH BUT OMG LOOK AT THIS CUTE FANART ISNT IT JUST SOOO ADORABLE!?!?!

SHOUTOUT TO whisperz_dont_count YOU'RE A SUPER EPIC DRAWER MASHALLAH!!!❤❤

OH AND ALSO THIS AMAZING COVER @FatimaMeher
MADE!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!! ❤❤

NOW ONTO THE END!!!!!! :>

-----------------

2 years and 10 months, 18 days, 5 hours and 3 seconds later

Rafa's pov

4 seconds, 5 seconds, 6 seconds-- "Rafa stop counting the seconds and come help me with your brother!" I hear my father yell from behind the curtain where the huge fitting room clad with sofas and a small stage in the middle is.

I stare at the clock with a huff and wonder the same thing I wonder every time I stare at its moving hands. Mikhail is overdue. Exactly 1 year,  10 whole months, 18 days, five hours and now 11 seconds late. Almost three years!

He had said one year but only a mere two months till its three . I'm on the edge of giving up on him, I don't even know how I lasted this long. I guess with school and all and now work life went by without this husband of mine. He doesn't even deserve the title of husband anymore. It should be just 'hus', no 'band' because he lied about how fast he'd band it back.

Pun intended.

"Rafa!" This time my mother yells and I know I can't ignore their pleas for help now. I tear my eyes away from the stupid clock and pull the curtain aside.

The sight in front of me causes me to face palm, Raif is stuck in a dress shirt that stops at his chest and my parents, well one of them is pulling at the hem and the other is trying to push Raif's head in so the shirt can come off. It's quite a sight, it really is.

"Geez Raif I told you not to eat a whole pizza the other night, if the rule of not eating before the wedding goes for brides than it applies to the grooms too." I said shaking my head,

"does the ring on your finger even fit?" I mumble as his head finally pops through and he stands there red faced breathing even more heavily than my parents.

"It's-.. Not fat!" He huffs out, "it's all muscle okay," my father pats him on the back, "whatever you say son," and then proceeds to gulp down a water bottle as if he just ran a mile.

"Ok well hurry up and choose something now, your soon to be wife is going to be here soon," I say lining up the dress shirts and Blazers on the hooks, he gives me a look but I see the tainted blush on his cheeks. I smirk and hide a chuckle remembering how he used to make fun of me for swooning at Mikhail.

"Soon to be wife, hmph I don't like any of this I'm telling you again. Too young I say too young! " My mother grumbles petting Raif's hair lovingly. Our dad rolls his eyes and says, "the quicker they're out of the house the better," he pulls her away from my twin and bear hugs her, "plus you were this age when you got married to me remember."

"No I was 22! ... I think, but 21 is young!" She pulls herself out of his grasp and fixes her hijab, "but mother, Rafa got married at 18, that's a whole three years before-" Raif begins to says.

"Don't bring your sister into this, but fine whatever go ahead leave me all alone with your father-" she grumbles back.

"You still have Rafa!" Raif protests- and that's all because my husband refuses to reappear- as he observes the clothing in front of him, "she's just going through her crazy motherhood stage leave her be, look at this one, the cuffs will match that metal piece on your shoes." Our dad says diverting his attention back to the work at hand.

Watching this all take place makes me feel a little sad deep down, Mikhail and I didn't have any excitement like this but then again the more I think about it the more I loved ours. It was quite the story to tell in the future.

I hug my mother from behind and she pats my hand, "you two grew up so fast, I hate it." She mumbled and I placed a kiss on her cheek, "but you have to enjoy the moments mother, come on now I spy--"

"Woow o-m-g he's soooo ultra super cute!!!" A squeal from behind me interrupts what I was going to say, my mother ignores it and walks towards Raif who's struggling again but I curiously look back and find two girls peering over a magazine.

I roll my eyes imagining either Zayn Malik on it or-- wait.

Could it..

I can't help myself, I dash over to them, "can I have that please?" I ask but some evil tone must have itched itself into my voice, the next thing I know the girls give me an odd look and give it to me before speed walking away.

I grip the magazine in my hands and take a deep breath, I turn it over and... Wow, they were staring at a puppy-

"is that Mikhail on the back?!" Raif says loudly and I quickly flip it over.

In all his shining glory, it actually is Mikhail. Sitting on top of a table with files and folder strewn across, with his legs stretched out in front of him. Clad in a navy blue suit finished with polished shoes and glistening hair. My heart skips a beat as my eyes land on the small smirk etched on his face. The same smile he gave to me before jumping out the window.

But before I can swoon further, Raif wobbles over and rips it out of my hand in awe at his best friend, "wow. Look at him, two magazines in two months!"

The last magazine we had seen him on had caused me to nearly die of excitement, there were no pictures or anything but just a short snippet on how he was a budding young entrepreneur with gains on the way.

My mother had sat for four hours making sure no Nazr (bad fortune) could come his way and my dad was boasting about how smart his son-in law was. Raif was ecstatic for Mikhail while my patience for him to come back decreased.

My eyes went to the clock but then I brought them back to the magazine, "give it Raif," I mumbled and he obliged while chuckling, my parents gave me a look before turning around and restarting their talk on what pant size Raif needed and if his tie matched his brides dress or not.

The words beside his face said, 'Top Ten Young Bachelors of the Year'

Bachelors?! As in young, eligible for wooing, males?!

My mouth dropped.

Since when did he become a bachelor. Since when did he get so flippin rich that he's considered that word! The things I'm going to do to him once, or if, he gets back. I turn the pages to where his page is and scroll over the words.

But my eyes stop on the quote he's said and warmth rushes through me the second I finish reading it.

Someone have my heart? No, not really..more like they have my whole soul.

Awn! So Mikhail, the youngest of our wealthy, hot bunch is actually taken but don't fret ladies, Alec Daddario on the next page is quite scrumptious and completely available! ....

I read over what he said twice then thrice and then a billion times more, until its etched into my brain and I have to sit down.

But then my eyes catch something, something only I would be able to catch. One of the folders which is black and has a paper sticking out of it has a little drawing.

A moon.  And a sun.

Near each other and nothing in between them.

My air gets stuck in my throat as I grip the piece of glossy book tighter. I look up and then look back down, it's still there.

"He's coming." I whisper to myself testing it out. And when I manage to find my voice I turn to my family and yell, "he's coming!" The store tailor yelps startled as he measures Raif's legs, he accidentally punches Raif where the sun doesn't shine and just as Raif groans, a voice from behind says, "hey don't harm the groom, I still need him!"

I turn and grin as I catch the curly haired Hazel eyed girl standing there with bags in her hand and glaring at the tailor.

"Mahra!" My mother says hugging her, they share their salaams and then she gives me a hug while whispering what she always whispers to me whenever she sees me, "husband back?" I shake my head but with a large grin I say, "I think soon though inshAllah." She smiles sadly at me, "I'm still sorry y'know."

"Don't ever be, I'm just glad you took my brother instead of my husband," I say sharing a laugh with her. I remember the moment Raif brought her home after seeing her out in town.

They bumped into each other and had remembered when they met in the mountains where Mahra was so she could stall meeting the people her parents had arranged a marriage with.

It turned out she was actually putting up an act, fake blonde hair, fake annoying voice and fake interest in him. Just so she wouldn't have to marry Mikhail and could get the choice made by herself. When she found out he was married to me she knew it was her time to escape.

I had to say, her curly brown hair suited her way better than the long blonde hay.

Her parents came in after and met with my family, as we arrived at a close-by restaurant for a quick pre wedding dinner I caught Raif and Mahra ogling eyes at each other. I grinned but didn't feel any tugs at my heart, he'd be back soon. He will be.

-------------

Two days later

The wedding hall was lit up with bright different coloured lights, family I've never seen before hugged me and spread even more joy in the air. Mahra sat on a fancy white sofa up front with a bedazzled white dress, her hair was up in a royal bun and her grin was brighter than anyones.

It was segregated which I was thankful for, my hair could finally be let loose. The coloured ends reached my upper back and my mom had styled the top of my natural roots with a broach that looked like a little tiara with roses entwined through it. My dress was glittering gold, tight from the top flowing from the bottom with lace etched on the end.

Mahra had managed to order it for me from a store called Romaisa's Boutique all the way from Italy, I was trying to be very careful with it. So that's why when a little boy running around with mango juice in his hands managed to drop a bit on the hem I nearly spazzed. That was probably 1000 dollars that got stained.

I quickly rushed to the bathroom making sure no males were close by and then dashed in locking the door behind me.

Once it was locked I sighed a sigh of relief and turned around. Oh no.

What I was trying to avoid was standing right in front of me, I had to get him to not look my way, "ok mister don't turn around -Don't! Good ok, you can't look at me alright, I am... Indecent? No that's not the word, but whatever don't you dare turn around, this is my brothers wedding he can kill you!" The back of the man moved and I sensed he was chuckling.

"I'm just gonna walk towards the sink over there and I want you to walk out, no staring or else!" He dramatically put a thumbs up sign and I started walking around him making sure he was walking too so he wouldn't see through the reflection of the mirror. When I heard the door open and close I breathed a sigh of relief.

I had to lock it- "I thought a husband was permitted to see his wife even if she's...indecent." The deep voice sent a shiver right through my spine.

I felt a light hand at my waist and a familiar smell rushed over me. I whispered his name, afraid to turn around and not see him, I had to be dreaming, "ok first sign of hallucination is coldness, am I cold? Yes. Second sign, you hear voices, do I hear voices? Yes."

"Third sign is touch, is anything touching you?" The voice with rich tone whispered with a smile, I nodded as I felt hands skimming over my waist.

"Turn around." I did and my world blanked as he pushed his lips against mine, a smile etched itself upon my face as he grinned like a wolf down at me, "hi princess," he said before pushing against me again.

I had to catch my breath so I pulled away and grinned while gasping lightly, "you're here." I said and he ran a finger down my cheek, "I couldn't miss my best friends wedding could I?" He said and I giggled as he pecked me over the cheek and to my chin and the side of my neck.

"You look like a queen wow." He said scanning me over, I blushed with a grin and said, "and that's because my king is finally here." I mentally face palmed at the cheesiness but he laughed at it and then kissed me once more.

Then twice, and then a thousand times more.

After what felt like hours but only minutes he said, "I have to go meet your parents and Raif  of course, " I nodded with a smile, "it's segregated though, you can meet my mom later at home."

He raised an eyebrow with a smirk, "so I'm coming home with you?" I shrugged, "if you're pointing out that you're leaving again I will terminate-"

He laughed cutting me off, "no no never again, but you're coming with me princess."

This time I raised an eyebrow, "with you?"

He nodded, "have you not seen the news baby I made it to the top, alhamdullilah of course. I can support us now, there can be an us, we can even have a grand wedding and don't forget our honeymoon," he ended with a wink, I grinned and shook my head, "I'll take the honeymoon part but I actually liked how our 'wedding' went."

"Whatever you say," and then he started to lean in again but a knock on the bathroom door came, "whoever's in there get out! I need to pee and there's only a few minutes till the end of the wedding I can't take my bride home while having the urge to pee!!"

Mikhail gave me a grin before motioning to shush as he hid behind the door I rolled my eyes with a smile as I unlocked it and Raif came rushing in, when he saw me he gave me a look but couldn't say anything because just then Mikhail jumped on him and yelled his name.

"Mikhail!?" Raif yelled not believing it.

They had their reunion and then Raif made a face at us. "Ew why in here," I blushed as Mikhail laughed and thumped him on the back, "just wait till you're out with your wife- who is this unlucky lady by the way."

Raif and I shared a laugh, "Mahra." Mikhail's mouth dropped, "are you forced?! Because we can pull a Raif right now and get you out of here and out on an adventure!" He said with actual concern. I grinned as Raif laughed, "nah man I actually love her," and he proceeded to quickly explain before Mikhail could start making assumptions.

"Wow, I knew no human was capable of such a high pitched mouselike voice." Mikhail mumbled to himself.

Raif then proceeded to go into the stall and Mikhail gave me one last peck before shooing me back to the women's side. I grinned but then stopped when I remembered that I never got that stupid mango juice stain removed.

However just like Raif said, the wedding was rolling to an end and some woman were starting to cover up. I did too and then helped my mom and Mahras mom with Mahra, the car was waiting outside and there stood Raif, looking blushed as ever after Mikhail whispered something to him.

My parents joyously met with Mikhail and my mother grinned at me. "So I don't 'still have Rafa'" she said teary eyed and I hugged her, but my dad lightened things up as he said, "hey but you have me and who wouldn't want me?!"

My father remembered to pull Mikhail to the side and remind him to forgive his parents, he had been planning to talk to him about it and expected some resistance but we saw that Mikhail took it lightly and was nodding to whatever our father was saying.

Mahra , after eyeing Mikhail and giving me a wink, took  Raif's hand as they climbed into the car. They left and my parents were sulking but when the guests started dispersing, they looked at each other and grinned before waving Mikhail and I off.

He took my hand in his and smiled at me as he led me to his car. The night sky was exhibiting the same mood I felt, warm and bright. The stars that littered the dark atmosphere took me back to the mountain where everything felt blissful.

Mikhail opened his jeeps door, I smiled noticing that he didn't  change his car which was the epitome of our memories.

"Time to start our adventure princess," he whispered and I mumbled hazily with a smile, "where to?"

He thought for a second, and then with a grin said

"Wherever the stars take us."

----------------------

I hope that was good enough, I'm a bit iffy about it but inshAllah you guys enjoyed it :)

You guys are honestly so patient mA thank you for that, I had so much going on, I hope that if you get even one thing out of this story or any of my stories  it's that there are always happy endings, in one way or another, I'm a sucker for them and I truly believe a tragic or heart wrenching ending just leaves the reader emotionally unstable (thanks John green XD jk jk he's awesome) but it's weird cuz I admire that about so many authors, their ability to derive the soul out of you is just mind blowing. Props to them.

I can't ever do that though it's just not within me, I'll kill a character and then I'll be like nah I like them too much, but anyways lol I'm rambling sorry.

I THANK YOU ALL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, THE COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY, YOUR SILENT READING MAKES MY DAY, YOUR PRESENCE MAKES MY DAY!!!! Thank you 😭❤

Byyeeeeee(iA not forever though ;D)
—————
UPDATE: I GOT A NEW BOOK OUT CHECK IT OUT IF U WANNA :D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
5.7K 305 32
π•Žπ•™π•’π•₯ π•šπ•€ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿπ•₯ 𝕗𝕠𝕣 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦, π•¨π•šπ•π• 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 π•–π•§π•–π•Ÿ π•šπ•— π•šπ•₯ π•šπ•€ 𝕓𝕖π•₯π•¨π•–π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕨𝕠 π•žπ• π•¦π•Ÿπ•₯π•’π•šπ•Ÿπ•€. π”Έπ•Ÿπ•• 𝕨𝕙𝕒π•₯...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
67.4K 4.5K 23
************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something?" I asked. Instead of rolling her eyes a...