Voices · Enoch O'Connor

By HelloItIsChloe

❝I don't have the peculiarity of reanimating dead things or controlling air or fire, I just have voices in my... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
T R A I L E R
0.5 | diary entry
01 | My story
02 | Not so alone
03 | Alone
04 | Strange
Chapter 2 || Part 2
Chapter 3 || Part 1
Chapter 3 || Part 2
Chapter 4 || Part 1
Chapter 4 || Part 2
Chapter 5 || Part 2
Chapter 6 || Part 1
Chapter 6 || Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hi everyone.

Chapter 5 || Part 1

5.7K 161 11
By HelloItIsChloe

Change
[cheynj]

verb,
To make the form, nature, content, futurecourse, etc, of something different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

_____________________________________

My life is changing from what it used to be. Before all this, I wanted to become a doctor or psychiatrist, and now I don't even know who I am anymore.

I look to my side to check the time but then I realize, I'm not home, I'm in 1943 there are no digital alarm clocks. I look in the nightstand next to my 'new' bed and see a watch lying in there. I grab it and wrap it around my wrist.

I look at the time and see that it's already 6:05. I quickly walk over to the closet and put on the dress. This must've been my grandmother's old room, seeing that my grandmother looked exactly like me and the dress is my size. I put on the shoes that stood next to the closet.

I walk over to the mirror that stood in the corner of the room. I look at my reflection and think, this is it, this is my life from now. I look down at my watch and see that it's already 6:10. I open the door and step outside.

The hallway is empty and all that you could hear was the sound of my shoes. I walk towards the dining room but the voices started getting louder again when I walked past the same door, I quickly walk away from it and continued walking to the dining room, but then I realize that Miss Peregrine never showed me where the dining room is, I started walking towards the kitchen instead and maybe I'll bump into someone or I'll find it by accident.

I walked towards the kitchen but didn't see the dining room or anyone else. But when I arrived in the kitchen, I heard Miss Peregrine talking, probably to the other children.

"- I realize that the news is hard, but we have to learn to accept this news." She's probably informing everyone about my grandmother passing away.

"But how and when did this happen?" It's a girl's voice but I don't recognize who's voice it is. I look at my watch and see that it's 6:20, I take in a deep breath and open the door.

I take a step forward and closed the door behind me. I turn my head to the table and see that everyone's heads are turned to me. I don't recognize many people, only Olive, Miss Peregrine and Enoch.

Everyone looks at me with wonder except Enoch he was glaring at me. Miss Peregrine motioned for me to sit in the empty spot next to Olive and the twins. I slowly walk over to the seat and sit down. I look at Olive and give her a small smile, she gives me a small one back.

I look at everyone and everyone just stares at me again except Enoch, he is still glaring at me. Everyone is quiet and just keeps staring at me. Luckily Miss Peregrine said to everyone.

"Children, what have I taught you, staring at someone is rude." Everyone quickly looks away but everyone stays silent. Everyone started eating but suddenly a small voice said.

"But what happened?" Miss Peregrine looked at me with a questioning look. I know that she was asking me if it was okay to ask questions. I just nod back at her.

"I don't know Claire, why don't you ask Miss Adelaide?" Claire stood up from her chair and walked over to me, she looks at me with a sweet look and asks.

"What happened to Eleanor?" I didn't know how to answer, my parents never told me how she passed away. I grab Claire and put her on my lap. I look at Claire with a little smile and say.

"Honestly, I don't know. My parents never told me. But I think old age." No one said anything so I decided to talk about the last page of my grandmother's diary.

"Before I forget, my grandmother wrote a diary of her experience of this world." I take a deep breath when I feel everyone's stares on me. Claire, who's still on my lap, starts playing with my hair before I continue talking.

"She wanted me to tell everyone that she loves everyone but that she just felt like she didn't belong here and-." I stop talking for a second, I pick my gaze up and look at Enoch, who is seated at the end of the table.

"-Enoch she wants me to tell you that she's sorry, for everything, but she just felt miserable-" I wanted to continue talking but suddenly Enoch cut me off.

"Then she should've talked to me instead of leaving. She left without saying goodbye. She said goodbye to everyone except me." Enoch raised his voice, I understand that he's angry with her, I would be too if I was in his situation. But he doesn't have to be so hostile towards me.

"Enoch, I understand that your angry with my grandmother but, why are you screaming at me." I didn't raise my voice I was just asking.

"Mr. O'Connor polite people don't raise their voice." Enoch rolls his eyes and just continues with eating.

"Thank you, Adelaide, for sharing this with us." Everyone just goes back to silently eating. After breakfast we all bring our plates to the kitchen, suddenly I hear Miss Peregrine calling my name.

"Miss Cromwell, I want to tell you about our schedule, as you know we eat breakfast at 6:30 and then we have free time, we eat lunch at 12:00 then we do our chores. I'll assign you to your chore later, then we have free time until 17:30 when we eat supper. After supper, we have movie time and after that, we reset the loop. The young ones go to sleep after that, the older kids much like your self are allowed to stay up but be responsible about the time because the next day it's the exact same schedule, if you have any further questions feel free to ask but for now, go ahead and interact with the others."

I walked over to Olive, she was the only one I kind of knew.

"Hi." I didn't know what else to say.

"Hi, I'm Olive."

"Adelaide."

"What's your peculiarity?" I knew that they were going to ask that question, I just, I hoped they wouldn't ask, their peculiarities are all so cool and then there's me, I don't have a cool peculiarity. I just have voices in my head. I shrug and dismiss the question. Luckily Olive didn't ask any further.

"Why did Enoch act so hostile towards me. Is that my doing or is he just born grumpy" Olive chuckles and says.

"He's always like that, come let's go to his room, so you can meet Enoch properly." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a room, this must be Enoch's. Olive softly knocks on the door and opens it.

She walks in the room with me and shuts the door behind me. The first thing I saw in the room was a rack full of jars, similar to the one that I saw near the kitchen. I look away from the jars and see Enoch working on a doll.

Olive walks over to him and hands him a pair of scissors when he holds out his hand. They must do this often otherwise she wouldn't know what she would have to get him. I don't say anything but neither do they.

After a few minutes of silence, Enoch is the one to break the silence "Well you must feel pretty out of place."

"I wasn't aware that I was 'in' any place ever in my entire life." I looked at Olive and saw that she was smiling at me and my blunt comeback. I look at Enoch's 'project' he was working on and raise an eyebrow at the tiny heart.

"What's that?" I didn't realize that I said that until Enoch glanced away from his project to look at me and said.

"My peculiarity." Enoch quickly put the heart inside the doll that was laying on the table and all of a sudden it jumped alive I let out a soft breathy laugh and can't help but smile at the doll.

I had a million questions to ask, but I've learned that some things are better left unsaid because sometimes you can really hurt someone if you know too much.

I started thinking, how could it be possible that the doll, with a normal looking body and a crab hand, was just laying on the table unmoving, and now it's alive.

Enoch quickly puts another heart inside of the crab like doll, and sits back looking down at the dolls. The second doll looks up at me and then turns his head back at Enoch.

Enoch was looking down at the dolls with an emotion that I knew all too well. He was scared that I was going to be afraid and run away or look at him with disapproval.

I smile at him thinking that no matter how different these people are they still are humans, but they were most likely not treated like that.

"Isn't he amazing?" Yeah, he is. It was more of a statement than a question but still, he is able to re-animate the dead or the non-living, and I, I just have voices in my head.

"This isn't even the fun part, do you want to see the fun part?" I nod my head at the idea of seeing something even cooler than what I just saw.

Enoch bends down and whispers to the dolls, something that I am unable to hear but then the dolls stand in a battle like stance.

The first doll snaps his claw hand at the second one and snaps one of the threads that was holding it together.

The crab like one didn't have much of an offense weapon but tries to slice at the other one with one of the ends of his leg.

The first one cut three other threads of the crab like doll. Then the crab like doll sliced the first one on his chest. The last thread was cut and the doll died with it. A little moment of loud voices happened but I couldn't let them see what I really was. A monster.

It went away almost as fast as it came, I looked at the doll and its chest was still moving up and down but very amplified, it was still alive but then the moving stopped I looked up knowing that the doll died. And saw the first doll looking at Enoch.

I started letting out breathy laughs, this was amazing, I've never seen anything like that. I wanted to say something to Enoch because I remembered the emotion I saw in his eyes, but I didn't know what to say.

"Wow, that's amazing." I let out a small laugh and look at Olive, apparently, it's a rare occurrence for people to react like this or something. Because Enoch looked up immediately after I said that, trying to look for any sign of lying on my face.

I know now that some things are not explainable or 'normal' as some people call it but now I know for sure. I'm not normal, I'm peculiar and I'm okay with that, with being different. Yeah, I could get used to this.

A/N
I know again short a/n at the bottom I hate them too, but I just want to say thank you guys for your support, and my book hit over 5k. What!? I can't believe it thank you guys and I will see all of you later. Stay Peculiar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 268 21
While wondering the beach on an island in Wales, where her now deceased father used to live, Macy Collins comes across Miss Peregrine's loop that had...
76.8K 2K 34
⚠️ CURRENTLY REWRITING ⚠️ -Enoch O'Connor x Fem OC- 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐳·𝐨·𝐩𝐡𝐫𝐞·𝐧𝐢·𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧 𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨-𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭...
54.1K 2.1K 41
COMPLETED When y/n y/l/n stumbles upon Miss Alma Peregrines loop, her ordinary life seems to get it's perks. But will a voice in her head cause her t...
21K 498 18
Hi there. My name is Amelia Jones. At first glance, people see me as ordinary, just another pretty face in the crowd. If only they knew... My best fr...