The Boy Across The Lake (Boyx...

By Insane_MindRL

Zack didn't really think of himself as somebody important. He lived in a small town with his best friend Core... More

Ooh just great!
Ummmm...
Alone? Haha.... No
Popcorn and Pain
He'll be fine
Did You Really Have To Bring Him Into This?
Well sure you can!
The suns not shinning without you
wishing for the unwishable
I hate your lies
Pain is my motive
False hope
Cuddles and more
Shut up
You dropped your vagina (important authors note at end)
Silence
Nothing gold can stay
Sacred Land
Rain
Echoing Cries
One or Another (Semi-important Authors note)
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE (not a chapter)
Choices of the future

Lost and forgotten...

59 5 14
By Insane_MindRL

This is going to be a long chapter so POV's are going to change a lot! Like not even kidding their going to change very frequintly, so bare with us. Ooh and tell us if you do or don't want us to do another chapter like this.

(I just listened to "Gotten) by slash (ft. Abam Levine) and it sums this book up really, really well)

Luke's POV

My blood was boiling as Corey limped towards the door leading the way to where this Zach guy works.

"Here Corey I got it." I pushed the heavy door open holding it for both of them.

"Thanks, the beating I just received hurt both my arms and legs," Corey said wincing as he walked into the light. "You never realize how dark it is in there until you come back outside."

"Shut up cripple." Seirra said rather rudely in my opinion.

"What was that for?" I asked, slightly mad that she's being a jerk after what just happened.

She laughed. "Ooh god you have no clue I forgot. Corey and I go way back and the way we joke is lightly insulting each other." She sassly said as if I was an annoying child.

Corey nodded, wincing as he took another step. Alright that's it. "Here get on my back I'll carry you."

"Its okay, pain just reminds me not to do something again, which in this case isn't running when I had the chance." He said, breathing heavily.

Seirra scoffed. "You're not in the wilderness so you don't have to worry about that!"

"Actually nearly every single rule in nature also is essential in human life. For example only the strong survive, if you are not mentally strong then you're not going to get picked for a job meaning no money, food, home or mate so your genes won't get passed on." I stared at him at him in disbelief.

"Just shut up and get on or I'll just have to pick you up." I said making it clear he wasn't going to be walking there.

"Luke I'm fine." Corey whinned like a child.

"Just choose one." I said as I walked up to him, just now noticing how I stood a full head taller than him.

"No," he crossed his arms, "and you can't make me choose anyways."

"You're right but I can do this." I bent over and picked him up bridal style.

"Put me down!"

"Nope, now let's find that stand." I said, heading off with Corey still in my arms.

"See the plus side of being so small is that people can carry you!" Seirra teased, earning a glare from him.

"Ooh be quiet Seirra! It's just that way, go down there." He lifted his arm and pointed down a path overhung by trees.

"Alrighty." I turned down the path.

"You can put me down Luke." he said squirming.

"No its all good your pretty light." I lifted him up a little more showing how easy it was.

"Hardy har har, very funny" Corey said turning away from me.

"Calm down Corey I'm only teasing you, forgive me." I stopped staring at his turned head pouting.

He turned at me glaring before mumbling a fine.

"It's right behind that building, now if you put me down I'll be going now. Even if you guys are here I'm at work."

I placed him down on the brick path. "That's true, Seirra you should go with him I'll meet up with you guys once I'm done."

Seirra looked at me as if I was crazy. "I'm not leaving you to have all the fun!"

"Yes you are." I cracked my knuckles and ushered them off.

I waited until they turned out of my sight before quickly walking over to the edge of the building which was all that seperated me and that devil of a boy. I could feel my anger building as I continued down the path, soon seeing a bored looking kid who i assumed was Zach flicking through his phone as he sat at the stand.

"Hey you!" He snapped his head up and put his phone away, standing up. It was a bit shaded under the canopy of trees so I couldn't see him all that well. But the mere presence of him just pissed me off.

"Um, can I help you sir?" His voice wavered a bit, obviously threatened by my appearance. Good. He should be.

"Yeah, you're Zach right? The same Zach who told Liam to beat up my friend Corey. Remember him?" I said. Oh, just talking about what happened made me even more angry. I started to clench my fist as I saw all the different emotions flash across his face. Fear, realization, sadness, and the most prominent one. Guilt.

"I don't know what you're talking about--" He tried before I cut him off.

"Cut the bullshit! You know exactly what you did!" He sighed and raised his hands up.

"Calm down okay, I didn't know what to do, I just--"

"So you turn to having someone beat up your ex-best friend? That's a dick move man." I growled, stalking over to him and grabbing his shirt. I pulled my arm back to punch him until I realized just how close we actually were. His blue eyes pierced into mine as I slowly released him, putting my arm back down.

"I-I thought you were going to hit me..." He pulled me out of my trance and I gained my hard look back.

"I'm not going to get down to your level. Just, stay the fuck away from Corey, you've been nothing but trouble." With that I stalked off, feeling his confused gaze on me. Why didn't I hit him? He surely deserved it. Ugh, what's wrong with me?

Harry's POV

I groaned as I scrolled through my inactive twitter feed. I was currently laying down on Zack's couch waiting for his return so he could take me home as I'm not going to walk a mile just to get home.

"Zach?" I heard Liam said.

I opened my mouth to about to him that he left for work when Louis spoke instead "He's at work, where did you go?"

His voice was obnactiously loud and was annoying me. I wasn't to much of a fan of having to share Zach's house with some strangers basically, I mean they're nice guys there's just something about them in general I don't like. Don't get me wrong they're very nice and all but... It feels like there's a side of them that I don't want to get to know.

"Umm.. I went to find Corey." Liam said in a hushed tone, oblivious to my presence most likely.

"Why?" Louis asked still being loud.

"Shh, I don't want everyone to know yet," Liam scolded. "Did Zach ever tell you why they broke up?"

I quickly exited twitter and scrolled through my apps searching for the recorder app as Louis started talking quiter "No why? What happened?"

I clicked on it and pressed record "Well long story short, Corey's a giant asshole to Zach so Corey and him broke it off."

"Ooh," Louis said understandingly. "Why'd you have to go find Corey then?"

"Well... I sorta got really mad so I decided I wanted to talk to him about it." Liam dragged on in a even quiter voice.

"And?" Louis encouraged.

"It didn't end up talking.. I just got so mad so I just wailed on him and kicked him." my eyes widened as my blood pressure soared from my burning anger and worry. No offense to Corey but he's a wimp so he's probably all batterd and bruised. Plus no one is going to wonder were he is or care besides maybe some Zoo staff.

"Liam do you know how much fucking trouble you can get in! Not only did you beat someone up over a one sided story, but you also probably hurt him much more than he could hurt you from the little I saw of him the other day!" Louis whispered yelled.

"Hey, don't get all defensive of him! He brought it upon himself by being an asshole to poor Zach!" I rolled my eyes. I squirmed uncomfrably as I waited for them to leave so I could get out of this house of lies.

"Sure he did, but you can't just beat up a kid that's defenseless!" Louis whispered yelled before I heard feet stomping off.

"Louis!" Liam yelled running after him most likely.

I sprang up from my spot on the couch after saving the recording onto my phone and quickly ran out the door and towards the Zoo which is moderlitly close.

~~~~~~~

I was out of breath as I my feet came into the side walk leading up to the entrance. I really need to get into shape I thought, walking up to the gate. "Hey George."

George was part one of the many Zoo attendants I know, which also means I get free entry knowing that I'm probably just going to see Zach. George was about average height and build with tussled red hair and light brown eyes.

"Go right in Harry, hey did you hear what happened to Corey?" George asked.

"All too well..." I grumbled, going off on my search for the awkward boy. I decided to start at the Reptile section which is also connected to the fish arena (they name the sectors and I just caught on, no judging on the stupid names) as that's where Corey usually starts or finish's tours.

I sped up my pace as thoughts of the boy bleeding and broken on the floor raced through my head until I was full on running, dodging the guests. I saw the expansive building come into view and I pumped my legs harder, I burst through the door only to run into someone.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I said pulling myself of off her. Yes I ran and fell on a girl. She had dyed red hair and light blue eyes surrounded by freckles.

"Its okay." She said looking up at me and taking my extended hand. As she stood I noticed how beautiful she was, I shook my head reminding myself of what I was doing before.

"I have got to run I have to find someone." I said walking backwards down the hall.

"You wouldn't be looking for Corey would you?" I looked at her in disbelief as she knew exactly who I was looking for.

"How'd you know?" I questioned stopping.

"Well he said that someone might, and boy was he right, you came running down here like a mad man!" She said while chuckling "I'm Seirra, Corey's best girl friend, we're not dating though."

I was astonished that Corey was befriended by such a girl and yet still always claimed to not really have luck in getting good friends. "I'm Harry."

"Well Harry, I can assure that Corey is fine besides some bruises." She smiled at me.

"Ooh okay, were is he now though?" I said walking closer to her.

She sighed with a smirk. "Being the animal lover he is, he's giving this creepy couple a tour of this building so I was going to get a smoothie then meet back up with him."

"That makes sense." I could imagine Corey looking like he just fought 29 guys talking to a family on the behavior of the goldfish.

"Well I have to go get those smoothies, if you want you can join me" she offered with boldness.

"Not a shy one are you?"

"Nope and I never will be." She enthusiastically said. "Are you coming curly or are you going to wait alone?"

"I'm coming." I ran the short distance seperating us.

Corey's POV

"And thats, that!" I said in a fake cheerful voice "Sorry that I can't give you a full tour of the Zoo as you have probably seen my legs a little hurt."

The couple was really creeping me out, they just wouldnt stop smiling a toothy smile. Even when I talked about the gruesome feeding habites of the piranha even to the extent of cannoblism in hope of wiping that smile from their faces, but no if anything they just smiled wider.

"Ooh its a real shame." the dude said in a monotone voice.

"Yeah..." I dragged on. "I gotta go umm... Feed some of the animals in the back."

I swear to good their eyes lighten up at my words "Can we join?"

"No, sorry employees only." I backed up quickly.

"No, no why don't you come with us." the lady offered ushering me towards herself.

"No thanks... Bye!" I said and turned and speed walked to the employee door pushing it open.

I sighed after I heard the reassuring click of the door behind me. I quickly walked to the wall phone picking it up and pounding in the numbers, "Hello is this the security office?"

"Yes sir, is there a problem?" A staticy voice came through.

"There's a couple who just left the the reptile and fish complex and they where acting really scetchy so I was wondering if you could send personnel to follow them and make sure they dont do anything."

"Sure thing, have a nice day."

"You too." I said hanging up.

I wiped my eyes fighting the fatigue I felt from getting little sleep the past few nights. I went back through the door and headed down the hall where Seirra was meeting up with me. I sat on the ledge of the tank staring at Albrone with a small smirk on my face hoping that my life is finally on the right path.

~~~~

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket checking the time, its been an hour from when I first sat on the ledge and it was evident now something had either happened to Seirra or she forgot about me. I placed my phone back, only to pull it back out as I felt it buzz.

Hey Corey! I'm so so so so so sorry, I completely forgot about you as I met this really charming a guy. Im all the way at his house I'll text you the address so then you can pick me up and meet him. His names Harry.

-Seirra

A small tear slide down my face as I read the text, I have been replaced, yet again, by someone better.

Ooh god this was a lot of writing, thank god I have no social life what so ever! I'm tired so goodnight, well unless we publish this tomorrow which we probably will.

~C

Well this was kinda sad...poor Corey :(

~ Michelle <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 44 18
*Requests Taken* Just a collection of preferences about a little band called One Direction. Personal one shot requests will be taken. Message me on...
117K 3.7K 30
*YOU NEED TO READ THE FIRST BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS ONE ITS ON MY PROFILE * The past might have hurt you Yes you can run away from your past. But wh...
1K 10 17
Louis Tomlinson finds himself at a place he'd never expected to end up at after the low point of his life. At his new home, he is faced with new and...
469K 12.6K 29
Louis and Harry get into a fight and stop talking but when One Direction gets a death threat they are forced to hide away out in the middle of nowher...