The Wallflower Secret [COMPLE...

By celestialxcross

She seems like your average shy and isolated girl in high school that get bullied and called freak all the ti... More

Author's Note
Prologue : The Wallflower
One : The Ice Prince
Two : The Prince Charming
Three : Tripping Over Myself
Four : Charmed or Not
Five : Lady Boss
Six : Helping Hand
Seven : His Attention
Eight : The Beach
Nine : Abs & Bikini
Ten : Waves
Eleven : The Little Smile
Twelve : First Date, Arcade
Thirteen : First Date, Shopping
Fourteen : Confused
Fifteen : The Other Boys' Visit
Sixteen : The Same Smile
Seventeen : Him and Him
Eighteen : The Party
Nineteen : Just Forget
Twenty : Bitter Much
Twenty one : Scent I Hate
Twenty Two : Parting
Twenty Three : Trying to Fit in ?
Twenty Four : His family
Twenty Six : Another Date ?
Twenty Seven : Acknowledge
Twenty Eight : Eavesdropping
Twenty Nine : Revealed
Thirty : Comfort & Begin Again
Thirty One : Precious Moments
Thirty Two : Under The Sky
Thirty Three : Together
Thirty Four : When Time is The Enemy
Thirty Five : Hold On
Thirty Six : Without Him
Thirty Seven : Prom Day
Thirty Eight : Graduation
Epilogue
Author's Note
Announcement

Twenty Five : Realization

6.1K 261 10
By celestialxcross

"Do not fall in love with me for I will break your heart long before you realize you were going to break mine"

-Atticus-

***

Diego's P.O.V

I turn on the shower and set it to the cold setting. I let my muscle loose and wet my hair and the the rest of my body .

Today was a pretty tiring day and I have school tomorrow. I might have missed on certain stuff but thankfully, Odette came here today and gave me a note, or else I may have to meet that annoying math teacher myself and get a note.

Odette, now that I think about her, she is actually a really nice girl, sure, her finding my address was a surprise, but then again, I loved the way she didn't really mind my messy house and Mikhaela liked her so she must be a good person. Because Mikhaela usually don't like any of my friends, especially Maya.

I feel like my mind is somewhere else right now, I begin thinking about everything and then all the puzzles just come together.

It takes me a while to realize, that all this time, what I ever need is someone to listen and understand, someone who just wouldn't judge my situation despite knowing my weakness and not take advantage of it.

And somehow, when Odette came earlier, I looked at her, when she looked at my mother, and listened to all of my problems.

For some reason, I could trust her, which made me tell her everything, I don't know why, I barely know her before but after today, she was so close to me, it's as if I've known her for a long time.

and at that time, I feel something inside of me, a certain kind of warmth, and when her lips accidentally met mine, I don't want to let her go, she gave me the warmth that I needed, when I kissed her and she kissed me back, I knew right away that I have feelings for her.

And this time, I don't feel scared to actually feel the love.

Yeah, I think I love Odette.

For the first time in forever, I, Diego Montero, am in love.

And i think it has actually been going on for a while. Perhaps it was when I saw her fighting, I loved her spirit and how she was different from the other girls. She was a fighter and she still is a fighter. She is tough and she even managed to show her skill to me.

She quickly catches my eyes back then, and I tried to deny every single signals, but now I give up.

I want her to be my girlfriend.

But would she love a man like me ? I can't provide her with much right now, I'm still sixteen, and I have a mother to be taken care off.

Well, if it wasn't for my father who actually made our family financially unstable, i would have easily get her, but now, even though we aren't exactly poor, I still need to work for my mom.

I sigh and contemplate about my situation. Suddenly ... I remember something.

Now that I think about it, my abuelo and abuela (grandpa & grandma) are one of the richest people in Mexico.

Our family lost contact with the a long time ago because my father insisted so, they were the parents of my mother and my poor mother actually obeyed my father just like that.

And now I realized that it was a mistake

But mother must still keep their contact or address somewhere. Maybe if I talk to them, they are willing to help me. After all, I am still their grandson.

Let's see...

***

Odette's P.O.V

I'm still in my room dreaming about what happened today. Like, did I really kiss Diego, that must be the craziest thing that have ever happened to me since middle school.

It was an accident, but still, I can't believe that really happened, it's not like that was my first kiss, but still, it was so warm and he was a great kisser...

No, why am I even thinking about it ? Odette, get over it, it was just a single kiss okay, and it was by accident.

Still, why is my heart beating so loudly right now whenever I remember that ?

But I still can't believe that he actually told me a lot of things about his family, and that made me understand him even better, and after all, he wasn't exactly the hot headed and cold hearted prince they call him at school.

But now I am scared, because if I keep on thinking about him, and actually like him, then I will feel guilty.

Because that means it's so easy for me to move on from that incident, that may have haunted me for the rest of my life.

However, deep down inside me, I know that I deserve better than regret. It was all in the past, sure, I may not be able to completely forget about him. I don't want to actually.

And if it was true, if he was being honest with me, then, does Diego like me as well ?

I hear a knock from my door and the door opens before I could answer. It's my sister and she is calling me down to dinner.

"Dinner is ready, and OD, you better turn down that music for once, so you will know when mom is calling you over and over from downstairs"

Yeah, I've been turning on my music. And this time it's a song by Mindy Gledhill called 'Anchor' which I really love.

"Yeah, I'll turn it off in a second"

But honsetly, I don't feel really hungry, I grabbed some fruit salad in the fridge earlier, our family don't usually skip dinner but I'm sure my parents would understand.

"Well, suit yourself" she says as she closes the door.

I hear my phone vibrate from the bedside table and when I pick it up, I receive a message from Tobias.

Right, I almost forgot about him actually.

"Hey, Odette, I want to apologize for earlier, do you mind me taking you out on a date this weekend ?"

I look at the text and roll my eyes. I don't know why but I'm starting to think Tobias is slightly possessive in an annoying way, and I get it, he is a charming guy and he is really nice, but he actually forced me to do a lot of things I don't feel comfortable with, like earlier at school.

But then again, he has done a lot of good stuff for me and I can't possibly hate him, so with a long sigh, I begin typing a reply.

"Okay" that is a short reply, but it's better than 'K'

"Well, goodnight then, and please don't be mad with me, okay ?"

"Yeah, goodnight too"

I put my phone on the side, and sigh. Well, I wonder what could probably happen tomorrow ?

***

I arrive at school and like always, the kids are staring, perhaps it's because of yesterday, but honestly, I don't really care anymore, I take it as if they are just impressed with me.

Where does that confident girl come from ? I like it !

And just then, when I'm walking in the hallway, I see Diego and Maya again, I recall what Mikhaela said about them, and now I don't really misunderstand thing that weren't my business in the first place anymore and beside, they are only talking and Maya doesn't look so happy. I wonder what they are talking about...

Soon enough, Maya pushes him and she walks toward my way, and she gives me a really stern glare, as if she's ready to kill me, and she pushes her shoulder at me intentionally as if she's trying to make me fall, but then again, I shake it off and walk toward Diego.

"Why is she acting like that ?" I ask him and he sigh.

"I cut things off with her, now she can't threaten me anymore"

"But how ?" I ask him with confusion, and he smiles.

"It doesn't matter anymore, but I have to tell you something"

"What is it ?" I look at him in the eyes, and the he begins to speak.

"Odette, I-"

"Odette !" I hear Someone calling my name from behind and I see Tobias approaching me.

"Hey Odette, are you ready for our date tomorrow ?" He speaks all of a sudden.

"Yeah, give me a second" I turn my face back to Diego who is now having a flat expression on his face.

"So, what do you want to say ?"

He has a cold expression on, then he stare at me and reply shortly

"never mind" and just like that, he walks away.

What was that ?

Gosh, I cannot understand that guy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...
4K 681 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
108K 4.2K 49
*Story set in Japan* "You are not Nakanishimatsu Aya when you're going to that school, you're Matsuzaka Aya. No one should know your real identity,"...
13.8K 388 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...