Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 62: The Revenge

1.4K 42 1
By nyce_gurl

3RD PERSON'S POV

Jiyong arrived at the place where the signal came from. He can't wait for his men to come for he was in a hurry to find Dara. He scanned the whole area, inspecting if there are enemies lurking around but he didn't see any. He tried peeking inside from where he was standing and caught sight of a hidden surveillance camera near the gate. He abruptly hid behind the tree and roamed his eyes to look for other cameras that might be installed somewhere around the place. He found five more in every corner of the front entrance but luckily saw a blind spot at the side of the building. He quickly strode towards the area and tried his best to avoid being spotted. He succeeded and went inside using the back door. He was expecting to find armed men but there was none. The floor was dark and empty but he didn't let his guard down. He walked slowly and like what he did earlier, he scanned the area again for cameras and found more than the number he saw outside. He hissed in frustration for it made it more difficult for him to infiltrate the whole mansion. He immediately informed his men of the situation for them to take calculated steps once they arrived. He then called their IT experts to help him deactivate the cameras even for a short period of time.

"How long?" He asked whispering.

"Five minutes tops boss and the cameras will be back on." One of his men answered from the other line.

"That's all i need." He answered as he hung up. He peeked behind where he was hiding and waited for the cameras to shut down. After a minute, the lights of the cameras turned off simultaneously and that was his signal. He synced his watch to start the five minute count. He started searching every rooms on the first floor. When he didn't find anyone, he proceeded on the second floor not minding if he ran out of breath for all he could think of was finding Dara. Three minutes left and he still found no one within the area. His heart was pounding so loud with anticipation if he'll be able to find Dara. He was sweating profusely as he opened every door he could find. When he finished searching the last room, he quickly took his phone from his pocket and was about to call Taeyang again when he caught sight of the huge bookshelf stuck by the wall. He hung up the phone and walked towards the shelves carefully. He pulled off one strange looking book and got startled when it suddenly opened. He inspected it at first, thinking if he should get in or not but when he heard the alarm coming from his watch, he immediately threw himself inside as his time was already up. The shelf automatically closed and darkness covered the whole place causing him to go blind.

He took his phone out to use as flashlight and saw a staircase going down. He sent a message to his members to inform them his location. He followed where the stairs would lead him, careful not to make any noise. When he reached what seemed to be prison cells, he peeked behind the wall to see if there's someone guarding the area. He pulled back when he saw five or more men huddled in the corner, drinking while playing cards. They were all busy that Jiyong went to them unnoticed.

"Who's winning?" He asked while wearing a grim face. They all looked at his direction and was surprise to see him standing right in front of them. They glanced at each other in confusion as they all abruptly stood up to attack him. They charged towards him at the same time, unfortunately for them, Jiyong's skills in fighting were no match compared to the strength of all of them combined. He took them all in just few minutes without breaking a sweat.

He took his gun with attached silencer from his back and continued to search the whole area. He shoots every one he encountered along the corridors without hesitations. When he reached the further most door he could find, he heard a faint sound coming from the inside. "Appa!" He heard Dara screamed. His heart constrict instantly the moment he heard her voice.

"Hyunsuk! Please don't do this to her...!" He heard Dr. Jang this time and moved closer towards the metal door. On three, he abruptly twisted the knob and swung the door open with a bang. His eyes widen in shock when he saw his father injecting something to Dara's wrist. He was too late.

"Appa!" He screamed at his father to catch his attention but it has fallen to deaf ears for he was busy emptying the syringe inside her until the last drop. His father's men protectively covered their boss when they saw Jiyong pointed a gun directly at him. "Stop it!" He shouted again. He was about to run towards them to stop his father but was taken aback when they suddenly pointed their guns at him.

He saw his father straightened up and turned around to face him. "Oh, my son has finally arrived! You're just in time for our little experiment." Hyunsuk said as he smirked widely at his son. Jiyong was fuming with anger as he stole a glance at Dara who's looking dazed and weak. Her arms was tied behind her back preventing her to fall.

"What have you done to her?!" Jiyong screamed at the top of his lungs as he raked his hair in frustration.

"Just a little experiment we've been testing a long time ago. It has finally been created after waiting for a long period of time." He excitedly said as if nothing serious is going on in front of them.

"What experiment are you talking about? What have you injected her?!" He asked as he glanced at Dara while frozen on his spot.

"Its the project we've been working on for so long Jiyong. It seems like most of the widely known mobsters in the whole country and even overseas plans to overpower us. I've got a lot of information from our sources that most of them are creating an alliance to rule all over the world and overthrow us from the top. I can't make that happen. I've invested so much effort to be where we are right now. I can't let anyone destroy what i've already achieved. That's why we created a drug that can manipulate the minds of every one who gets in our way. Think about it, even the government will no longer be a pain in our butts once we control them." He said as he laughed heartily on his brilliant plan.

"You're sick! Do you even care about the people you'll ruin once you succeeded? Your hunger for power makes you inhuman!" Jiyong shouted. He can't see his old father from him anymore. The man he looked up to when he was young. He was harsh to him but not to the extent of becoming a total heartless being. Now, what he see is a selfish and proud man who doesn't have a conscience. If he had known his father would be like this, he never would have joined the gang and followed his footsteps. He always despised the group of people around him and the kind of environment he was brought up with. Despite all these, never did he thought of leaving for he knew that is the only way to appease his father and make up for his mother's lost. It has always been a constant reminder to him that he was the reason for his mother's death.

"Should i care?" He asked innocently as he chuckled right after.

Jiyong was about to charge towards them again when they all heard the door open. They all looked at its direction as they saw the new comer.

"I see you're all having a blast here. What did i miss?" Chanyeol asked looking at all of them. Hyunsuk smirked upon seeing his right hand together with his men behind him.

"I'm just explaining to them our plans but i think Jiyong is against it." Hyunsuk said and his face turned to grim. Chanyeol smirked at what he said.

"See? I told you you made the right decision of choosing me as your right hand." He smugly said while eyeing Jiyong. Hyunsuk just shook his head and that made Chanyeol furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Don't be over confident kid." He said, his face void of emotion.

"What?" Chanyeol asked.

"I hate to break it to you, but even if your my right hand, you won't inherit my position."

"W-why?"

"We are ought to follow the rules and laws of our clans. My bloodline is the only heir of such position." Hyunsuk explained.

"But haven't i proven myself to you?!" Chanyeol raised his voice. He can't believe he can't have the position he so much want to possess after all the efforts he had done.

"Don't be delusional Chanyeol, we all know that what you can do is no match to Jiyong. You're still a newbie compared to him." He said matter of factly. This made Chanyeol's blood boil. Once again, he is being compared to the man he hated the most. The reason why he joined the gang and aimed for the top. He wants revenge but it seems like he won't be able to have it. All his efforts went down the drain. Just like before when he was just a kid. The memories of him being left out came rushing through his mind again.

Everyone was taken aback when Chanyeol pointed his gun directly towards Hyunsuk. His face full of anger because of what was revealed to him. Hyunsuk's men got alarmed and raised their guns to Chanyeol and his men. The latter in return did the same and aimed their guns to them. The room was instantly divided from the former allegiance and now enemies.

Jiyong can't believe what was happening in front of him as well. His father and his most trusted man is about to have a battle but what worries him the most was Dara's current condition. He has to do something fast. His thoughts were cut short when he heard Chanyeol spoke.

"Maybe this will change your mind boss." He said as he pointed his gun from Hyunsuk to Jiyong. Everyone's eyes widen in shock except for Jiyong who remained unfazed.

"Do you think you'll gain the position by killing my son?"

"No, screw your f*cking position, i just want my revenge." He finally said. Hyunsuk noticed the determination in his eyes. He was alarmed when he saw his finger strongly gripping the trigger and in seconds they heard a loud sound coming from his gun.

<bang>

The sound resonated inside the room as the people widen their eyes when they saw the pure horror before their very eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 1.5K 57
Bad Boy. Good Girl. Doctor. Nurse. Together. Apart. Fated? Or Not?
77.8K 1.5K 22
A story about a perfect relationship--and its consequences.
82.8K 1.6K 72
What is fate? Is it that which brings people together only to bring them apart? Or is it that which brings two people together no matter how many tim...
8.8K 284 14
Sandara Park's ultimate crush is Kwon Jiyong. She and Jiyong were hitting it off well, although she still has the mean and bully Choi Seunghyun who t...