How to Punch Soren McKinin | ✓

By Chatachino

Soren McKinin; the disappointment of the family, the child his parents wished did not belong to them, the typ... More

The tattoo
C A S T
1. the unanswered conundrum
2. treasured silence
3. lions and tigers and bears, oh my
4. the pursuit of happiness
5. willingly drowning
6. lifeline
7. to be king
8. bonding over mangos
9. slow beating hearts
10. a dying love for food
11. the four deadly brothers
12. warmth of her
13. his death kept him alive
Authors Note
14. smoking to die or smoking to breathe?
15. respectful conversations
16. to be or not to be
17. a game, winner takes all
18. protect your blood
19. wet sneezes
20. diaphragms
21. closed off
22. the art of giving up
23. baby steps
24. food fights and flowers
25. unwanted
26. recreating her image
27. tattoo's and regrets
28. burnt tears
29. to dance is to fly
30. fresh bullets
31. his reasons
32. the heartless and the mindless
34. footprints
35. finding his reason to live
36. blacks and blondes
37. the inevitable ending
38. duck analogies
39. the misconception of happiness
40. following tides
41. Bricks (part 1)
42. Bricks (Part 2)
43. Traditions and Pancakes
44. White lies
45. A candle in the wind
Being published
46. HeartBeats
BONUS
Book 2: COLIN MCKININ
NEENA EELANTE
WE ARE SORENNN FLYINNN
Sneak peak of Soren McKinin in the flesh! | sold out

33. money, money, money

200K 11.1K 3.8K
By Chatachino

[unedited]
S O R E N

"Why do you come to counselling?" Henry asked, the room warm against the cold weather pushing against windows, begging to come inside.

I looked up from the floor, "That is literally the dumbest thing that's has ever left your mouth." He shrugged and waited for an answer, "School requirements."

Henry smiled gently, "And why do they want you to come?"

"Cuz' I fuck up everything." Wednesday's were officially the worst day of the week, I should've kept the Daisy chick.

He flicked through a cream folder, "Multiple fights, grade failure, disrespect in clas--"

"Hey—hey! You can't just sit there and judging me," I leaned forward, "You sit there looking down at me, thinking yer better than me. You judging people like us--"

"Like us?" He interrupted but I ignored him.

"You have no idea what happening back home or in my life. Don't fucking sit there and judge me cuz' you don't know nothin' of the reason why I do what I do." He closed my folder as I breathed heavily.

"What's happening back home?" Henry's voice was annoyingly calm, pulling the sleeves up of his blue sweater.

"Nothin'" I growled, annoyed about the whole situation.

"You're going on break at the end of this week, that'd one whole term that you've ignored any help I've tried to give you," He leaned back in his chair, "You might think you're going to break me and I'd give up. Then only person that you're disadvantaging is yourself."

I smiled, "Hours up."

Grabbing my bag I walked towards the door, he said nothing. Leaving the warm room only to meet the gaze of Jay who held a book up to face, the end of a highlighter between her teeth.

"How'd it go?" She pulled her feet off the couch, stuffing her book into her bag.

I shrugged and passed her the highlighter lid she'd dropped, "We have to go somewhere after school."

A crease formed between her eyebrows, "I find it almost scary that the day the café closes due to harsh weather is the day you say we're going somewhere. Like you planned it..."

"Cuz' I can totally control the weather." I rolle my eyes and looked back at Henry who was leaning in the doorway grinning, "You have an hour of him, right?"

She shook her head and gave me an innocent grin, "Nope, apparently I am fine to go. No more counselling sessions for me."

I turned to Henry seething with anger, "So she can leave and I can't? You bast--"

Jay tugged on my jumper sleeve in an effect to tell me just to forget it so I stopped, glared at Henry once before exiting.

"Where are we going?" She voice muffled behind the red scarf that she'd pulled over her mouth and nose to protect her from the painfully cold wind that whipped your face.

I zipped my jacket up so that it covered my nose and pulled my beanie further down my head, watching Jay pull her hood up.

"The place of hell, the mall." She stopped abruptly and turned to look at me through the snow.

"One; that place is going to packed due to Christmas. Two; you're an idiot for getting  your stupid licence taken off you because we're both going to die out here. And three; why?" I laced an arm through her arm and stuffed my hand backed into my pocket.

"I know and we need to choose your stupid dress for Friday." We walked through the snow, the massive mall in sight.

I couldn't hear her voice properly but she seemed to protesting.

J A Y

The Valentino staff outfit was more chic than anything that I owned. Yes, I am professional window shopper as I look at all the high end brands and never buy anything.

So when Soren dragged me into the most expensive clothing brand in the world, I physically forgot how to talk.

He leaned into my ear as we walked through massive store, "Here's a trick, they have no idea who you are. You could be the princesses of Monaco for all they know. You may not have money but don't let them know that."

I watched in shock as Soren stood straight, pulled down his hood and walked through the store as if he owned each floor. I followed after trying to ignore the staff giving me a distasteful look.

Soren watched in amusement as I flicked through the racks, "Soren, this jumpsuit is literally $2,790--" my throat went dry, "This dress—" I held it out and whispered, "It's $8,800."

He smiled at me softly and took my hand, walking up to a staff member.

"Afternoon, Mr. McKinin." She spoke with such class it made me feel bad for using acronyms, "What can I do for you today?" 

"This is Jay Whiley," Soren turned to me and the lady automatically turned to give me a smiled, I waved awkwardly, "She's needs a dress."

Soren leaned back against the wall as the lady turned to me, "What event?"

"Um—the McKinin ball?" I stated unsurely, my eyes flicking to Soren for help who in return gave me encouraging soft eyes.

The lady plastered a fake smile on her lips, "Any specific colour you would prefer?'

"Um--"

"She would look good in Red or Black. Don't you think?" Soren cut in, saving me from embarrassment.

The lady nodded and gestured for us to follow her, the change rooms were larger than my bathroom. Soren waited on a fancy black and white couch outside as I looked at the six dresses that hung on the curled gold hooks.

I gulped and stripped off my many layers. Gently slipping into the black silk dress that felt snug against my hips and torso. My eyes widened as I looked into the mirror at my hair.

Patting down ends that stuck out, Soren's voice interrupted my panic attack, "You dead? Are they too small--"

The girl staff cut in panicking, "No Sir, I swear they are the right size–"

I walked out to watch Soren put his hand up for her to stop talking. His eyes met mine before training down my body.

"Do you like it?" He asked, looking up at me.

I looked at the walled mirrors, "I don't know. It's beautiful it's just—" I blushed and Soren signalled for the staff member to leave.

He walked up to me, his black messy hair falling over his forehead.

"I can't pay for this, Soren." I continued when he opened his mouth, "I know you'll say you can pay but this is too much money."

"Don't think about the price. Just, do you like it?" He looked down the length again and I nodded slowly, "Try on the other ones, see which one you like best."

Guilt hovered over me like a thick cloud as we exited the shop, the bag clutched in my hands. Soren and I continued to get food, to laugh and for him to get grumpy at random points in the afternoon.

Soren seemed to be happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 329 12
# 2nd Place Scarlet Awards Nico & Nox ------------------------------ Nico was orphaned at a young age and raised by a few people who showed more kind...
90.5K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
15.2M 591K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...
70.4K 2K 46
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Two) Maybe that's it. We eventually go numb; because you can't break a heart that's already broken. Maxwell Augustu...