Scarred

By LetsBreatheWords_

#16 in Spiritual (12/3/17) Her heart was silently twisted and scarred, Her tongue was tied and lips were seal... More

Distorted Dreams
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Part I
Chapter 28 Part II
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 35
PART II
Chapter 37

Chapter 6

3.3K 221 143
By LetsBreatheWords_

Better?  I say, in a small voice. How can he think this is better?

Better never means better for everyone, he says. It always means worse, for some.

-Margaret Atwood,

The Handmaid's Tale

Scorching heat of Karachi welcomed Emaad as he stepped out of the arrival lounge of Jinnah airport and he winced, not that Lahore was better. Summer has started in Pakistan and it was a trial in itself. Taking out his shades he wore them and dragging his hand carry he walked toward his car where driver was waiting for him, his guard trailing right behind him. Giving the guard his luggage he opened the door of the black Rover he got inside and sighed resting his head on the headrest. In the solace of his car even in the presence of two strangers he went through all what happened in last two days, turning his head he looked out of the tinted window, the roads buzzing with energy, every single soul tied up with the war in their mind, Mishaal had agreed to keep everything at peace but the question was for how long?

After an hour of drive he finally reached his home, getting out of the car he ordered one of the servants to get his luggage, he knew his mother would be running her shopping errands or would be busy with her club parties or some NGOs she might have linked recently, his father would be at office leaving Janaan who was never a problem. Getting inside through the long doors he ordered one of the maids to get him something to eat and with long strides he got into his room.

The bang on the door was the next thing which woke him up, after having lunch and a much needed shower Emaad went to bed ignoring all the matters which needed his attention and now someone was wildly banging his door, ready to take it off from it's hinges. Screaming at the intruder he got out of bed and rubbing his eyes he looked at the wall clock which told him he had a good few hours of sleep but still ready to kill the person outside his room he unlocked the doors.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled as his eyes fell on Janaan who was standing outside with a red face, puffy eyes and her fists clenched.

"Don't you dare yell at me!" She replied in an equally raised voice and before she could say anything their mother rushed inside the room locking it behind her, by this time Emaad was confused at their troubled actions.

"What is going on?" He asked in a deathly calm voice, a part of him knew where this was leading.

"You tell me what is going on?" His sister took a step forward meeting his eyes but he looked away. "So it's true." Her voice a mere whisper completely defeated.

"Emaad, she is like a sister to me." She pleaded grabbing his shirt but he coldly removed her hands away. "How can you do this?" She was yelling again.

"Stay out of my matter!" His voice sent chills down her spine.

"You are no better than him! You are becoming a monster. A fucking monster like him! He ruined all our lives and you are going to ruin some more! How can you do this Emaad?" Her pleas went nowhere.

"Because this is what life is," He replied with steely eyes, "She is the reason I will get what I need so you better stay out of this--"

"Or what huh? I am not going to let you play with an inn--" she was cut short by his humorless laughter.

"Little sister that's where you are wrong, you all didn't let me have the life I wanted, didn't let me have the girl I wanted so now I am going with the person you all chose for me but the way I keep her is solely on me and if you tried anything, anything at all!" He took a stop forward harshly grabbing her arm, "that boy toy of yours will be paying the consequences."

Rooted to her place Janaan looked at the monster she knew as her brother, long gone was the man who protected her in front of her father, saved her from the cruelty of the word, the boy she would share her fears with. In front of her was the son of Faisal Kirmani, the ruthless man known to humanity.

Giving him one last glance she walked out of his room with cold body and trembling legs, she felt her mother holding her arms when she was foot away from her room, looking at her mother's pale face she removed her grasp, "We are alone in this world, mumma. They both are the monsters we feared." she didn't want to say anything which would break her mother's heart, she wanted to blame it on her, for spoiling him, making him her priority but isn't that what happens everywhere? Getting inside the room she closed the door behind and fell on her knees, hiding her face behind her hands she cried for the loss of her brother.

***

In the solace of his room, after he was left alone, he sat on the bed running his hand through his hair; he looked at the closed doors from which the two women he ever cared about just walked out, completely defeated. He said the words he knew they fear, because he knew Janaan would have ruin everything and he can't let that happen. He can't let her ruin her own life as well while saving another. She had always been like that; his little sister always gave priority to everything before her own self, unlike him.

Flashback

They both were playing in the backyard of their grandmother's house, they were in the states for their summer break, running across the muddy grounds when the sky was pouring down filling the air with moist scent of soil, they were chasing each other, their giggles echoing and their excited shrieks sparkling the moment.

"Maad let's play hide and seek." Little Janaan jumped up and down, dressed in knee length sleeveless frock, scrunching her eyes continuously wiping her face.

"Aani, no hide and seek! Now let's get inside." He shook his head separating his wet shirt from sticking to his body, he had been playing with her from last couple of hours but the bundle of energy in front of him wasn't calming down.

"Maad please!" she kept jumping up and down convincing her brother till he finally surrendered.

"Fine you little monster go turn and start counting and I'll hide," Ten year old Emaad replied hiding his smirk knowing his sister would never agree to the plan.

"No Maad, I am hiding you'll count." and with that she ran, shaking his head he turned towards the wall and started counting loudly, after he was sure she must have hidden he started searching for her but after fifteen minutes of looking around he started getting anxious, just when he was ready to call his mother, Janaan came out from the yard which was connected to the neighbor's house, anger flared in him but as he went near her all his irritation vaporized in thin year, the trembling body of his little sister scared him but what made him worried more was his sister was carrying something in her palms, keeping her joint hands closer to her chest.

"Janaan?" he whispered as he stood in front of her, color came back to her face as she saw her elder brother.

"Maad," little Janaan sobbed as she pushed her hands in front of him and revealed what was hidden in her palms, before he could say anything she looked at him with glassy eyes, "Bhai I found her back there," she turned pointing the passage she came from, "She was alone, is she okay?"

"She will be okay," Emaad whispered as he carefully took the small body of a hatchling in his palm and said soothing words to his sister.

From that day to the end of their vacation the siblings nursed the bird and on the last day of their trip they freed the little soul.

End

Emaad sighed as he remembered all those moments when Janaan had been caring and loving for all around her but her warm soul was now at the threat of the coldness of their father and to protect her he was ready to ruin a life.

The thought of his fiancée brought the memory of the dreadful night his father threatened him.

Flashback

Parking his Audi in the garage he stepped out of it with a smile, he was coming back from the celebration of his twenty-eighth birthday, after a stressful week of work he was finally feeling fresh after spending a complete day with his friends but now with a determined mind about talking with his father and convince him about Mishaal he made his way towards the door, he knew what type of man his father was but today he was ready to win the fight, he has to.

He entered and frowned when found the place completely deserted, yet he made his way towards his father's study which was though closed but the light which was seeping out from beneath the door was the indication that the man he wanted to see was very much awake. Knocking the door twice, he twisted the knob and let himself inside the luxurious study, the dark wooden flooring, wall length book shelves, plush rugs and couch, a mahogany study table and an arm chair behind it, a flat screen TV, it was more like a small office of his father, and everything was chanting power and wealth. Taking a deep breath in a room which was full of cigar smoke he called his father.

The man who was having his back at him turned, same dark eyes like his own, a perfectly trimmed beard, combed black hair, which were obviously dyed, and very well made body. The world has mistaken his father as his elder brother because the man in front of him liked to keep himself in perfect shape, his appealing looks was one of the reason that instead of Emaad himself his father was the face of their business even at the age of fifty-five, the media keep their tab on him more than they look towards the President or Prime Minister or actually less than prime minister, that poor guy was in mid of actual crisis for being criticized for ruling the country from another country.

"My son!" His father proudly said as he made his way towards him. He forced a smile and met him mid way, accepting his open arms he hugged the man and then stepped back. All this was making him quite uneasy but he stayed quiet. Following his father he sat across him. Interlacing his fingers he was tapping his feet looking at the rugs.

"That's disturbing, Emaad, stop doing that." and his feet froze, "Relax son."

"Dad I--"

"Before anything I want to talk to you."

"Sure," he curtly nodded looking at his father.

"You know Shahs?"

"Shahs as in Mohuiddin Shah? Janaan friend's father?"

"Well do we know any other Shahs?" his father laughed and he shook his head.

"I am interested in their business and their new contracts." he looked at his father with wide eyes, if he is interested in something it means one thing, he wants it and he'll get it.

"Okay..."

"Have you seen their youngest daughter? What's that girl's name?" He said looking at the TV screen, and a very similar face came in Emaad's mind, a heart shape face, sparkling and mischievous brown eyes and a curious smile, none other than Daniyah Shah.

"Yes," he nodded looking at his father.

"Well what do you think?" his father asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

He can't be serious!

"What are you talking about dad?" He asked moving forward, his voice getting an edge which didn't went unnoticed by his father but the man in front of him simply ignored it.

"What else do you think, you stupid boy?" He said nonchalantly not moving his eyes from TV screen, "I want you to marry her! That's the way we can--"

"Dad please, I can't marry her!"

"Come again?" this time Faisal Kirmani turned to llok at his son, with raised eyebrows he dared him to speak.

"I cannot marry Daniyah Shah! I have been listening to you all my life but not here! I have already told you once how I feel about Mishaal and she is the only woman I am going to settle with." With the fierce tone he got up and walked towards the large wooden door of the study but before he could open them his father's voice stopped him.

"Mishaal that half American girl?" he turned to his father's casual voice but he feared what was yet to come, "She is living in a rented apartment in this city isn't she?" His eyes went wide as he listened to his father, "Oh! You thought I won't know about my only son's where about? You know Emaad I have been in your place and it is one silly age!" His father was shaking his head with a humorless laugh, Emaad had his fist clenched.

"You are going to marry Daniyah! That girl will lead us to the success we need! And if you even thought of defying me you know I can wipe the existence of that woman from the face of earth and after it you should think of that mother and sister of yours." His father stated looking directly into his eyes.

"I can't ruin a girl's life just so my father can get what he desires! Wealth and fame isn't everything!" He seethed out in pure anger.

"Oh my stupid boy, that's where you act like your mother. Wealth and fame, are the only thing. Now think about what I am saying, think about your girl, your sister and that old mother of yours! Now you should go and rest, we have a big announcement to make coming weekend." He was then shrugged off.

Shaking with anger he dashed out of the room.

End.

-----

A.O.A 

How are you guys? 

Before we start the new year I want to thank all those who joined me here and on Lost and Found, the support you guys have given is beyond this world and means so much to me! I can't believe that this book also has marked 1 thousand reads already, THANK YOU <3

Now, I hope you guys enjoyed the last update of this year ;) I updated earlier this week too, I am not sure if you guys got the notification or not but if you guys haven't you can check it out.

Tell me about this chapter now??

Till the next time...

TC,

Zehra :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 10.7K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
717K 47.3K 39
[Highest ranking: #1 in Spiritual on 15/8/18] ••• • In which a girl saved a boy's life in the most unexpected of circumstances • She drank water. He...
602K 40.9K 73
I walked down the dark hallway, my eyes scanning the rooms on my way.The door was slightly ajar as I reached the end of the hallway, my hands pushing...
480K 19.9K 32
"Where were you that night? Where were you?" I clutched his collar as my small fist beated on his chest. The tears spilled my eyes as I felt the raw...