I don't Mate with Jerks

By KC-Blares

KC Blarez has been harassed, bullied, and picked on for as long as she could remember. When she moves away fo... More

Hunted becomes the Huntress
Chapter 2 ~ Memories Burn
Chapter 3 ~ Wolves Never Forget
Chapter 4 ~ Rumors die, but Haunt for Eternity
Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary
Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes
Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds
Chapter 8 ~ Surviving Friends, Enemies, and Crushes
Chapter 9 ~ Off the Line
Chapter 10 ~ How very Housewarming...
Chapter 11 ~ Unknown Species
Chapter 12 ~ My Oh My
Chapter 14 ~ The big 1-8. Wassup Alpha Mate?
Chapter 15 ~ Sugar, Spice, a whole lot of Spite
Chapter 16 ~ No, I'm not Famous
Chapter 17 ~ Furry Love, Smooth Hate
Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged
Chapter 19 ~ Toys and Games
Chapter 20 ~ Kick butt Talent
Chapter 21 ~ Claws and Dresses
Chapter 22 ~ Swiping the Cards
Chapter 23 ~ Seductresses
Chapter 24 ~ Some Hearts still Beat
Chapter 25 ~ Part of Me
Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night
Chapter 27 ~ Just another Global Crisis
Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction
Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God
Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass
Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark
Chapter 32 ~ The Cards are Scattered
Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night
Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf
Chapter 35 ~ Tame the Bloody Flame
Chapter 36 ~ Rest in Shackles
Chapter 37 ~ Six feet of Hell
Chapter 38 ~ The Red Ace
Chapter 39 ~ Bloody Dice
Chapter 40 ~ Crimson Poker Table
Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake
Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen
Chapter 43 ~ Impossibly Possible
Chapter 44 ~ Stitch my Heart
Epilogue

Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha

406K 10.9K 1.1K
By KC-Blares

;{) <MUSTACHIO!!!!!

 sorry, excuse my excited randomness....

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!

~KC Blares

**************************************************************************************************

Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha

Growling, I threw my backpack to the side and jumped face first onto my bed, screaming loudly into the sheets. My wolf was still thrashing on the inside and it took all the strength I could muster up to keep her in. I hated Damon enough, but now I despised the guy, my gawd damn Alpha.

Without hesitation, I shifted, my clothes tearing off my large fury body. I jumped off my bed and ran down the hall, ignoring the concerned looks Amber and Maggie gave me as they peered out the doorway of Danica's room. I pushed past several people as I sprinted out of the house, heading straight for the woods.

The sun was now just setting behind the tree line, sending the evening into dusk. My black coat blended into the dark scenery around me, making my run perfect. The last thing I wanted was to be seen. Being invisible seemed like the best thing at the moment.

My paws beat heavily against the leaf-littered ground, branches and brush tugging at my fur as I ran. My tongue lolled out of my mouth, my breath visible in the cool evening air. 

I heard the sound of rushing water up ahead and knew it was probably a river or stream. I gradually slowed to a lean walk, my head low to the ground and my hackles raised. The brush cleared into a flowing, clear river, at least thirty feet wide. However, it was maybe the most peaceful thing in the woods at the moment.

Slowly, I trekked along the rocky shore, the round stones wet and slippery beneath my padded paws. The water was cool, flowing between my paws and licking at my slim, muddy legs. I carefully walked farther into the river, the water slowly rising with each step I took. The gentle current pried away all the stress that clung onto me moments before.

I was several feet away from the center when the water rose to my shoulders, everything but my back and up submerged in the soothing water. I relished the silence the forest brought, having an actual moment to think and not be swarmed by friends or Justin or Damon. But it didn't last.

The scent I had caught the other day filled the air again and I glanced around, alarmed. It was the wolf scent, but not one I knew. Maybe it was just a wild wolf, not a shifter. Nothing appeared indifferent from the trees and brush, it was all still. 

I growled. Whether it was a wild wolf or not, I wanted to be alone. For the moment, this was my territory. I prowled along the river bed, walking closer to the shore so the surface of the water only swirled around my knees.

It remained silent but the scent didn't go away. Instead, another one joined it. Except this one I knew far too well. Painfully well. 

My ears flicked back as I released a snarl, following my unwanted company's eyes as they crawled from the brush, trained on me. Damon. He slowly circled me, like prey, studying my defensive stature. I kept my eyes on him, my lips curled back into a snarl, and my hackles raised in defense. Alpha or not, he had no right to be preying on me right after what he did at the field.

"Get the hell away from me, Damon," I snarled through the mind link. The dark, charcoal grey wolf just grunted, lowering his head in an assertive motion. In his wolf form, Damon was almost twice my size and could easily pin me down... if I didn't fight back, that is.

"I mean it, or I'll give you an ass kicking like your buddy Luke," I added with a feral growl. "Except I'm much less friendly when I'm more wolf than girl," I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

"You're pathetic," he sneered, his golden eyes rising to meet mine. I growled at his insult. "Justin's a weak, spineless fool if he believes there's something in you. You were just a disease ridden mutt since the day you were born." he scorned. My claws scraped against the rocky river bed, wishing they were digging into Damon's flesh. Baring my canines, I released another feral snarl towards him.

"Shut up," I barked, trying my hardest to not lash out at my Alpha. There would be some serious consequences for doing that.

"You're worthless. You always have been, always will be," he continued, starting to circle me again. I snapped at him, only as a threat though.

"Get out of here," I howled, my canines bared and my eyes narrowed.

"I don't even understand why you came back," he scoffed. "You're weak, just like your father was," he spat. That tore it.

Snarling, I lunged, feeling my claws rake against Damon's flesh. I wasn't even thinking about the trouble I was getting myself into as I aimed for his neck, my jaws snapping for flesh. All I could think about was my daddy, the memories I had left of him, and how he never had done wrong.

I finally got my jaw wrapped around the larger wolf's neck, my sharp carnivorous teeth grazing the flesh. I wanted right then and there to tear his throat out, to kill him for making me suffer for all those years, for insulting my late father, for everything he had done to me. But he was my Alpha, and his death would lead to my own.

"I won't stoop down to your level, you jackars," I muttered, hesitantly releasing him from my stern grip and jumping back. "Unlike you, I know the difference between harmless fun and games and real pain," I huffed, turning my back to him. The mysterious scent that was in the air only moments ago had faded, making me wonder more what it had been.

Damon growled and the next moment I felt his heavy paw on my neck, pinning me to the ground.

"You think you’re so tough, so badass," he taunted. "But really, you're just bluffing. You don't know me anymore, Blarez. Maybe then you could have beaten me around like you’re doing to my friends, but now I won't take it. I'm stronger than you, KC, and I think you know it," 

"Get off of me you barstad," I tried snapping for his paw, but he only pressed it harder against my neck, forcing a whimper through my lips.

"I control you now, KC. I'm your Alpha Male. Keep that in mind next time you want to make a statement out in public," he threatened, stepping back and releasing me, but I remained still on the forest floor.

"And stay away from that Justin boy. If you were really so smart, then you'll know your just making more of a fool out of yourself," he jeered, glaring at me as he turned and slunk back into the brush, the sound of his paws pounding against the earth and slowly fading.

Screw him. 

Cautiously, I stood, shaking my coat dry and free of snagged leaves and branches. As long as it ticks him off like that, there's more fun in hanging around Justin than just having a huge crush on him. Alpha or not, he can't tell me what to do like his freakin' servant. No way in hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 22.5K 34
COMPLETED! "You are weak, unstable, and arrogant! You are not a good wolf!" A laugh barked out of the Alpha's throat, shaking his head, eyes so brigh...
64 10 17
This is not your typical enemies to lovers story. It has some twists and turns and I'm excited to share it with you all. Kylie Kingsley: An eighteen...
1.1M 33.3K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
8.4K 384 33
Being in High School, SUCKS! Being a werewolf in High School, SUCKS! But being forced as the next Alpha King's mate, (who is the king of the asshole...