Worlds Colliding (The Origina...

By heartofice97

All rights go the creators of The Originals and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. hear... More

characters & trailer
main character theme songs/ships & outfit links
chapter 1 - For the Next Millennium
chapter 3 - I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans
chapter 4 - A Walk on the Wild Side
chapter 5 - The Axeman's Letter
chapter 6 - Beautiful Mistake
chapter 7 - Out of the Easy
chapter 8 - The Other Girls in New Orleans
chapter 9 - Savior
chapter 10 - A Ghost Along the Mississippi
chapter 11 - Wild At Heart
chapter 12 - Dead Angels
chapter 13 - Heart Shaped Box
chapter 14 - Streetcar Named Desire
chapter 15 - An Old Friend Calls
chapter 16 - Alone With Everybody
chapter 17 - Behind the Black Horizon
chapter 18 - The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
chapter 19 - No More Heartbreaks
chapter 20 - Where Nothing Stays Buried
chapter 21 - Give 'Em Hell, Kid
chapter 22 - The Bloody Crown
Bloopers

chapter 2 - You Hung the Moon

979 28 14
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link 

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in the club, Kassandra was dancing on the bar, drinking from a bottle of bourbon.

Lucien walked toward Kassandra.

Hayley: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Originals)"

Kassandra looked at him in surprise, jumping down next to him. "Lucien." Lucien smiled. "What are you really doing in New Orleans? Can't be just to catch up with an old flame."

"'Old flame'?" Lucien repeated in amusement. "Try first love. Try sire." He put a hand on her cheek. "Try savior."

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in flashback to the castle, Klaus and Lucien were talking.

Lucien saw Kassandra and Rebekah dancing slowly with two men to the old fashioned, slow party music. He looked at Kassandra for a moment, looking away.

Klaus noticed, smiling a small smile. "You like her. We are on the run, Lucien, and we cannot afford outside attachments. I would stay away or I will be forced to give both of you a clean break." Lucien heard the alternate meaning behind the words, looking away. A man and a woman entered the party. Klaus turned to see what everyone was talking about, turning back to Lucien curiously. "Who are they?"

Lucien and Klaus watched as the man and woman walked across the room to greet Count de Martel.

"Oh, the Count's children," Lucien answered. "The Lord Tristan and the Lady Aurora."

"She is exquisite," Klaus told him.

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in the St. Anne's Church, Noah and Caitlin were training.

"I asked you to teach me how to fight months ago for a reason," Caitlin told him. She tossed Noah one of the staffs. Noah caught it. Caitlin spun the staff in her hands. "Show me more."

Freya: (voice over from 3.01 For the Next Millennium)"Noah continues to train Caitlin to become a fighter who can defend herself."

Noah and Caitlin looked at each other for a moment, kissing slowly and sweetly.

Freya: (voice over from 3.01 For the Next Millennium) "It's brought Caitlin and Noah closer together now more than ever."

Later, Noah and Caitlin were talking in the ring.

"There are ways to take down your opponent with cleverness instead of fighting hand to hand," Noah told her.

Marcel and Auria were watching from the balcony.

"I think I can help out with what they're talking about," Auria told him. "I can give her vervain and wolfsbane and dark objects that she can use to defend herself against even the oldest of vampires. Even the Originals."

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in Cami's apartment, Cami was arguing with Klaus. "Right now, people like me are out there getting killed by people like you."

There were shots of the two victims.

From 2.21 "Fire With Fire", in the junkyard, Dahlia raised her arms at her sides. Mikayla felt her bones starting to break, gasping in pain, falling to the ground. Every other wolf's bones started to break, making them fall to their knees.

Rebekah: (voice over from 2.22 Ashes to Ashes) "Nik stole the spell that Noah used on the Crescent Wolves."

From 2.21 "Fire With Fire", in the road, Hayley and Mary got out of the car, falling to the ground, leaving Hope alone in her car seat.

Rebekah: (voice over from 2.22 Ashes to Ashes) "So Nik would condemn Mikayla and Hayley and the wolves to the bodies of beasts."

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in St. Anne's Church, Marcel and Auria were talking on the balcony.

Marcel looked at Auria in concern, displeased. "What happened?"

"I was attacked," Auria answered. "Most of them want war, and the witches of New Orleans have a habit of getting homicidal, all right?"

"And you're the peacemaker standing in their way," Marcel told her.

"I don't want anyone to die, Marcel," Auria told him.

"Auria, you can't just do nothing," Marcel told her. 

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in Cami's Apartment, Auria and Cami were talking.

"I figure that a gesture of good faith is better than a show of force," Auria told her. 

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in the Quarter, Mikayla had returned to human form in the Quarter, confused as to how she got there, looking around, finding a store with clothes, going to get some to put on.

Auria: (voice over from 3.01 For the Next Millennium) "So, I'm in the process of bringing in two powerful creatures to the cemetery later tonight so that I can show them a gesture of good faith."

Hayley was inside, walking outside, dressed, handing Mikayla a jacket to put on. "I figured you would be here, too."

Mikayla took the jacket, putting it on, sighing. "I take it that you don't know how you got here, either."

"No, I don't," Hayley answered. "We need to leave. Now."

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in the bayou, Elijah was talking with the hunters.

"You're trespassing," Man 1 told him. "This whole area is now property of Kingmaker Land Development. My team and I are in... animal control."

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in the bayou, Elijah walked toward the truck bed, which had been covered by a tarp, looking very worried, hesitating for a moment, finally throwing back the tarp, revealing at least a half-dozen dead werewolves who had been killed before they could return to their human form at the peak of the full moon. The sight of them horrified Elijah so deeply that he began to hyperventilate as he tried to catch his breath, worried that Hayley and Mikayla could be two of them.

From 3.01 "For the Next Millennium", in Lucien's bedroom, Kassandra, Lucien and Alexis were talking.

Kassandra smiled fakely. "If you have a warning to deliver, love, best get on with it."

"My visions are conjured from you," Alexis told her. "The threat you face will be more clear the longer I am in your presence."

Later, Kassandra and Lucien were alone.

"Let me help you," Lucien told her. "From now on, I'm the only one you can trust."

Kassandra stepped closer, putting a hand on Lucien's cheek. "Sweetheart, anything I felt outside of my family died a long ago. And that means what I felt for you."

Kassandra turned around fiercely, walking out, leaving.

---~---

Same Night - Day One 

Night - Bayou 

Elijah was holding Hope in his arms, desperately making his way through the bayou. "Hayley! Mikayla?"

Elijah looked concerned, walking through the bayou, stopping when he came upon one of the steel-jawed animal traps, which was both covered in and surrounded by a huge puddle of blood. He became nervous, considering this for a moment.

He heard Jackson's voice behind him. "Where is she?" Elijah turned around to face Jackson in surprise. Jackson was naked, covered in blood and hiding behind a tree, both to help support himself and to give him some modesty in front of Elijah and Hope. "Where the hell is Mikayla?"

Elijah realized that Jackson was breathing heavily, looking down to find that his leg was seriously wounded from being caught in the trap and bleeding severely. 

---

Later 

Jackson was dressed.

Elijah placed Hope in her stroller, using a butter knife from the picnic he had set up earlier in the day to pry one of the bullets from the hunters' assault rifles out of Jackson's shoulder.

Jackson hissed and groaned in pain when Elijah finally freed the last one.

Elijah rolled up his sleeve, offering Jackson his wrist. "Take my blood."

Jackson shook his head. "I'm good. We need to find Hayley and Mikayla."

Elijah sighed. "There's still no sign of them." He lowered his voice, looking grim and unhappy. "I've seen the bodies."

Jackson sighed. "Hunters set up traps all over the bayou. Mowed us down with gunfire. Any wolf that wasn't taken out scattered." He winced, looking at his gunshot wound, gritting his teeth, clearly dreading his next question. "Elijah... how many bodies?" Elijah, not unaffected by the thought of all the dead wolves, looked away, silently answering the question. Jackson was momentarily stunned by this revelation, trying to keep it together, pausing to think. "A trap wouldn't hold Mikayla or Hayley after they turned back." He looked at Hope, who was restless in her stroller and looking at them curiously. "Nothing would stop them from seeing that little girl. Something's wrong." Elijah started to pack up his things. Jackson turned to face him in confusion. "Where are you going?"

"To take my niece home," Elijah answered. "Then, I'll continue the search. You stay here, you tend to your dead."

"No," Jackson told him. "No. I got five hours till I'm a wolf again. Elijah, you care about Hayley. I get that. But Mikayla's my wife."

Elijah nodded in understanding.

---

Lucien's Penthouse 

Lucien was alone in his penthouse, finishing his drink, setting the glass on the table, walking toward the nearby desk. He picked up a blank page of stationary from the desk, which was headed with the name Kingmaker Land Development Inc, the company that bought the land in the bayou in which the Crescent Wolf Clan's encampments were located and who hired the werewolf hunters to kill them. Under the stationary was a straight razor, which Lucien picked up, flicking it open. He looked into the mirror above the desk, and it looked as if he was about to shave his face with the razor, but instead, he used it to slice is mouth open to ear to ear, just like the murder victims whose deaths Auria, Cami and Will were investigating. Lucien looked at his mutilated face in the mirror, smiling creepily. The wounds healed themselves before his eyes. He turned away toward a trunk, opening it, pulling out a few sketches of Kassandra.

Lucien looked at the three sketches fondly, smiling.

---

Worlds Colliding (The Originals)

---

Maison Bourbon 

(Song:) I Need My Memory Back - The Glitch Mob (feat. Aja Volkman)

Caitlin was in a club where a lot of humans and a lot of vampires were dancing and drinking. She was dancing on the dance floor, drinking the night away.

Noah walked closer, having two shot glasses. "Caitlin."

Caitlin looked at him, smiling, walking closer. "Noah!"

Caitlin started to dance close to Noah, having a good time.

"Are you drunk?" Noah asked in amusement.

"I barely even drunk anything, but I'm pretty sure the link is making me feel Marcel's drunkenness," Caitlin told him.

Noah nodded sarcastically. "Yeah, that makes sense. At least it gives you a break from the vampire drama."

Caitlin nodded.

Noah handed Caitlin a shot glass.

Caitlin smiled, taking it. "Thank you." She started to sway and bop to the music, raising the shot glass toward Noah, taking the entire shot in one gulp. "Mm!" Noah smiled, taking his shot. "I needed a break from all the training and all of the pressure that the link and myself are putting me through." Caitlin smiled. "Thus, tequila!"

Caitlin continued to dance with Noah, and while he wanted her to have a good time, he was also concerned with the crowd that she was in.

Noah chuckled, looking around. "Thing is, it's almost midnight."

"Well, I'm not wearing glass slippers," Caitlin told him. Noah gave her a look, shaking his head. Caitlin realized that the vampires were holding one of their usual compound parties, where they started to snatch, eat, heal and erase the human partiers around them. Caitlin frowned. "Do you and Marcel have to turn the best club in town into your personal blood bank?"

Caitlin started to walk away, stumbling slightly.

Noah put his arm around Caitlin to guide the way so she wouldn't stumble or fall. "We feed on tourists, compel them to forget. Locals turn a blind eye. That's how NOLA works. Has been for a long time. So, unless you want to become an appetizer..."

Caitlin shook her head, making a face. "Pass."

Noah smiled. "Good."

Noah led Caitlin toward the door. Caitlin leaned her head against his shoulder while they walked.

(Song Ends)

---

The French Quarter 

Detective Will Kinney had arrived to another crime scene, where yet another young man in a suit had been killed and staged like a marionette doll with his mouth sliced open.

The police started to take the victim down.

A journalist who had a press badge pinned to her jacket had stepped past the crime scene tape to take her own photographs of the victim's still-staged body.

Will saw her, immediately confronting her, gesturing toward her camera. "Gonna need you to delete that."

The journalist shook her head, undeterred. "Freedom of the press, Officer."

"It's Detective," Will corrected. "How about a little decency? That kid has a family."

"I'm not Instagramming it," the journalist told him. "I'm with the Sentinel." She smiled fakely. "Would you care to comment on all the rumors--"

"Behind the tape, please," Will told her.

Will escorted the journalist out of the crime scene, looking at her suspiciously as she walked away.

---

Auria's Apartment - Living Room 

(Song:) I Don't Know Why - Valen 

Auria was in her apartment late at night, casting a spell to lead Mikayla and Hayley to the cemetery so that she could reverse the Crescent curse as a sign of good faith like Marcel had advised her to do, waiting, going over the crime scene details and news footage on her tablet.

---

Cami's Apartment 

Cami emailed Auria with notes about the serial killer.

Facial mutilation

Dehumanization of victim

Power hungry

History of abuse

Compelled?

Malignant narcissism

---

Auria's Apartment 

Auria received Cami's email. She had been doing a spell to ask the Ancestors of who might have done this, seeing a vision of several vampires, including Lucien and Tristan. She typed Lucien Castle into the search feature of the New Orleans Sentinel newspaper archives to see if there was any news about him, studying the results, clicking on the first link that appeared, which read:

Lucien Castle donates $85 million to clean-up project in Bayou Lafourche region. The noted philanthropist Lucien Castle donated a healthy sum to a refurbishment project...

On Auria's tablet, a video popped up of Lucien speaking at some press conference. A subtitle on the video stated that he was the CEO of Kingmaker Land Development Inc.

Lucien: (on tablet) "Listen to the advice of your superiors, then do better. Study the weaknesses of those who outrank you and eliminate them from your own experience. Authority is meant to be challenged. Great achievers refuse to stand in shadows."

---

Abattoir Compound - Outside Balcony 

Kassandra was in the abattoir compound, on the balcony outside, drinking tequila, overlooking the city that same night, thinking of what Lucien had told her, taking a drink.

Klaus walked out to join his sister. "Always needing a break from the family drama, are you, Kassandra?"

"See, you know I've been trying to get both my brothers to mend fences, and has Freya, but Elijah remains bitter, and and you remain obstinate," Kassandra told him.

"Obstinate?" Klaus repeated. "I find that a little insulting."

"But I'm not just thinking about horrid family experiences lately," Kassandra told him. "I'm thinking of an old ex of mine having come back from the grave."

Klaus frowned in confusion. "I take it that you don't mean that literally."

"No, I don't," Kassandra answered. "Just an old flame that you told me had died while I had been daggered for 500 years. One that I never truly believed was actually dead but didn't ever find the means to prove you wrong."

Klaus smirked. "Lucien Castle is in the city, then?"

"And he's told me some truths and maybe-lies," Kassandra answered. "About the potential downfall of me and mine." She sensed that they weren't alone, knowing who was walking closer. "I thought I smelled swamp."

(Song Ends)

Klaus and Kassandra turned to face Jackson and Elijah.

"What'd you do with Mikayla and Hayley?" Jackson asked.

"Tell me what you know," Elijah told them.

Klaus and Kassandra walked toward them.

Klaus played coy. "Has Jackson misplaced his bride and her sister? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming was affecting migration patterns. Try Georgia."

---

Inside 

Klaus and Kassandra walked inside to join Elijah and Jackson.

"I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods because you left them defenseless against poachers," Jackson told him angrily. Klaus and Kassandra were surprised. Klaus smiled fakely to cover his surprise. "Like Kingmaker Land Development. Does that ring a bell?"

Klaus let his smile fade in confusion.

Kassandra shook her head. "Mm, no, can't say it does. Why? Should that mean something?"

Elijah stepped closer. "It should mean very much to you, Kassandra."

"And why should I care?" Kassandra asked.

"The CEO is Lucien Castle," Jackson answered. Kassandra looked at them in surprise. Elijah nodded. Jackson looked at Kassandra significantly. "Elijah tells me you two go way back."

Elijah walked closer. "So, I will ask you both once again. What do you know?"

Kassandra pointed at Elijah. "As it happens, I just came back from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse of the gaudy new construction on Canal. And while you two are catching up, be sure to ask about the prophetic vision he showed me of our family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh."

Elijah sighed, pointing at her. "You're too close to this. Stay here, Kassandra." He looked at Jackson. "As will you. Niklaus and I will deal with this."

"Actually, Jackson can come along, too, if he so wants to see his wife walking on two legs before they turn back into wolves," Klaus told him, walking toward Jackson, looking at him suspiciously. "And, should I discover that this is yet another cock-eyed scheme for Mikayla, Hayley and you to abscond with Hope, the paltry remains of your beloved wolf pack will be sniffing at your entrails come morning."

Jackson scowled.

Klaus smiled, turning to leave.

Kassandra stepped in his way, amused. "This doesn't frighten you, Nik. But, one day, your daughter will know exactly the kind of man that her father is."

Klaus let his smile fade.

Elijah looked at Klaus, deadly serious. "If anything should happen to Mikayla and Hayley, you mark my words. No one will have to take Hope from you. She will, without question, leave you of her own accord."

Elijah and Jackson walked out, leaving.

Klaus was stunned, slightly worried, looking at Kassandra.

Kassandra raised her glass of tequila sarcastically, turning around, walking away, taking a drink.

---~---

The French Quarter 

Hayley was waiting outside the store where she had stolen clothes from the previous chapter.

Mikayla walked outside, now completely dressed. "We should get going."

"Do you even know how the hell we got here?" Hayley asked.

"No," Mikayla answered. "But you're the one that said you wanted to see your daughter before we turn back into wolves. I wanna see Hope, too."

"Well, they're not gonna be in the bayou anymore," Hayley told her. "They're probably already back at the compound. They're probably looking for us, terrified that we might be dead because of all the dead wolves."

Mikayla was upset at the mention of the dead wolves, sighing, looking down. "Oh, my God."

Hayley looked at her sympathetically. "I'm sorry, Mikayla."

"I want this to end," Mikayla told her. "I want us to be free, Hayley."

"I know," Hayley told her. "I want that, too."

"We only have a few hours before we're back in wolf form," Mikayla told her. "Let's go."

Hayley nodded.

---

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard 

Klaus, Elijah and Jackson walked downstairs, getting ready to leave.

Kassandra was in the courtyard, leaving a voicemail in annoyance. "Freya, I'm aware that 21st century technology remains a mystery to you, but when you see my name pop up on your phone, you answer it. Come home. Immediately."

Cami walked in.

"Mere hours after you lecture me about boundaries, and here you are in my house in the middle of the night," Klaus told her.

"I came in through the front door," Cami told him. "You appeared through my window like a creeper. Besides, this is a matter of life and death."

Cami opened her bag, pulling out her laptop, opening it, pulling up the crime scene photos of the serial killer victims.

Elijah was impatient. "Oh, how novel."

"Cami, we don't have time for this," Jackson told her. 

"Call it a hunch, but Auria and I think a vampire is torturing and killing humans in the Quarter," Cami told them. "There have been two victims so far, but I've constructed a psychological profile of the killer, and Auria and I don't think it's going to end there."

Klaus looked at the photos, turning to look at Kassandra. "There is a familiar method to this particular madness. Isn't this what happened to your ex-boyfriend Lucien a millennium ago due to Rosalita's mind control?"

"Ex-boyfriend?" Cami repeated in surprise.

"Yes, apparently Niklaus left one of her suitors alive, so it seems," Elijah told her. 

Cami looked at Klaus. "You want to prove to me that you're turning over a new leaf? Make sure this latest victim is the last one."

Cami started to pack up her bag.

"Are you suggesting that Klaus proves his redeemability by killing his sister's first love and oldest friend?" Kassandra asked. "Such irony."

Cami looked at Kassandra. "Look, NOLA PD can't take down a thousand-year-old psycho with vampire powers, but you guys can. You're the smartest, and the strongest, and the scariest." Klaus was clearly pleased to hear this description, smiling. "So, make him stop."

Cami walked out, leaving.

Klaus, Elijah and Jackson looked at Kassandra.

Kassandra rolled her eyes, looking away.

The boys walked out, leaving.

Kassandra sighed.

---

Lucien's Penthouse 

Lucien was in the middle of feeding on the blood of a young woman who looked as if she could not speak or move., transformed.

It was the same journalist from earlier who was trying to interview Detective Kinney, who was sitting in an armchair.

The doorbell rang.

Lucien stopped feeding, standing, wiping his bloody mouth with a handkerchief, walking toward the door, opening it to find Elijah and Klaus standing out in the hallway. "Klaus. Elijah. What a glorious pleasure."

"I do apologize for the late hour," Elijah told him.

"Oh, it's no matter," Lucien told them. "I've long been nostalgic for the days when vampires conducted business in the dark." Elijah and Klaus took a step forward to enter the apartment, but were blocked by an invisible force. Lucien chuckled, pointing at the threshold. "It's a boundary spell. No vampire from another sireline can enter without an invitation." He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Given the circumstances, you know..."

Elijah feigned politeness. "Lucien, I didn't come here to chin-wag. Your little corporation has been butchering wolves in the bayou lafourche."

"It's population control," Lucien told them. "There's viable land out there. Viable, that is, once the sudden influx of mangy wildlife has been eliminated."

"I take it you are alluding to the Crescent Pack," Elijah told him. Lucien shrugged as if he didn't know of the pack. Elijah gave him an unamused look. "Hayley Marshall and Mikayla Labonair-Kenner are apart of that pack, and they're missing."

Lucien narrowed his eyes in realization, looking at Klaus. "Hayley is the hybrid that you knocked up, right? And Mikayla would be her sister?" He turned around to walk away. "I'm surprised by your concern. When your family left them to prowl the woods all these months, I just figured the tramps were persona non grata. Fair game."

Lucien smirked, picking up a glass of scotch from the table, taking a sip.

Elijah smirked fakely.

Klaus broke an end table in the hallway into pieces, throwing the broken leg of the table at Lucien with vampire speed.

This makeshift stake impaled Lucien in the neck, causing him to groan in pain. He pulled it out.

Jackson was partially transformed into a wolf, running inside, letting his eyes glow gold, tackling Lucien to the floor, biting him viciously on the arm, making him scream in agony. He pulled away, standing above Lucien, still having his eyes gold and canines out. "Now, they asked you what your hunters did with my wife and her sister. Answers. Now."

Lucien rushed to his feet to look Jackson in the eyes. "I'll have them inspect the roadkill in the morning."

Jackson looked as if he was about to attack Lucien again.

Elijah stopped him, worried. "Jackson, your time is short. You go to the compound. Fetch the chains from the carriage room." Jackson sighed, complying, walking out, leaving. Lucien glared at him as he left, flexing his injured arm, wincing. Elijah looked at him in amusement. "My darling Lucien... we are quite happy to stand here and watch you die."

Klaus smirked. "Or, you could invite me in, provide us with the answers we seek, and I shall heal you with my blood. The choice is yours."

Lucien glared at them. 

---

The French Quarter 

Auria realized that Mikayla and Hayley were taking longer than she had hoped for, walking through the French Quarter, passing the newest crime scene on her way to the cemetery. She glanced at the police officers stationed outside, grim, walking toward her car, putting her tablet in her bag, unlocking her car.

Will walked up behind Auria.

Auria jumped, dropping her bag.

Will smiled. "Hey. It's just me."

Auria sighed, relieved that she hadn't used magic against him like she had thought she was going to, giving him a look. "Maybe not the best time to be sneaking up on people."

"Sorry," Will told her. "It's been a long night. I saw you walking by. Thought you might not mind giving me an update on where you're at with the killings. So, any progress?"

Auria sighed. "Listen, Will, I appreciate that you come to me for help when you think a case has something to do with the occult, but I'm just a theorist. None of it's real."

Auria smiled politely.

Will smiled, though it was clear he was suspicious. "I know." He paused awkwardly for a moment. "You know, I've seen you in town before... with Marcel Gerard and Noah Dumaine. Mysterious philanthropist-slash-artists with no past on records. Are they friends or fellow theorists? Or what about those two girls you three are always seen with? Caitlin Harris and Davina Claire."

Auria sighed. "You know, I have someplace to be."

"Auria--" Will started.

"No, really," Auria told him. "I have to go."

Will sighed. "I know who you are. Your parents, Phelan and Gaia Rayvnne. They were occultists back in the day."

Auria nodded. "Yeah. They got obsessed."

"They hurt some people for it," Will told her. "Killed some people. Children, more accurately."

"They were crazy," Auria told him.

Will nodded skeptically. "Perfectly rational explanation." He opened the car door for Auria, picking up the bag she dropped. "There's always a perfectly rational explanation." He draped his jacket over his hand that held Auria's bag. "Your family has a whole century full of strange deaths, Auria. Unexplainable behavior. Grave-robbings. Beheadings. Missing persons. Police reports with entire sections blacked out. Whenever there's a problem in the Quarter, there's a Rayvnne, either causing it, or cleaning it up."

"Well, lucky for you, I've been the only Rayvnne in the city for a few years now," Auria told him. "And I was gone for a few years. Traveled the world. Go ahead. Look it up. See that I'm right. Are you accusing me of something, Will?"

Will seemed amused. "No. I just think your whole 'Good Catholic family' thing is a cover. I just haven't figured out what you're covering yet. But I will."

Will handed Auria her bag, walking away, leaving.

Auria sighed, leaning her head against the car. She thought that her bag felt lighter, suspicious, going through her bag, seeing that her tablet was gone, realizing that Will must have taken it, sighing. 

---

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard 

Freya led a young man into the courtyard, arm and arm. "Nightcap?" She gestured around the room. "You'll find bourbon on basically every horizontal surface."

"Or, we can skip to the fun part," the man told her.

Freya chuckled.

They started to kiss against an end table.

Kassandra rushed toward them, smiling brightly. "Freya!" They pulled away. Freya seemed skeptical. "It's about time you brought a boy home to meet the family." Kassandra turned to the man. "I'm Freya's sister. And you are?" She stepped past, turning to face him. "No, don't tell me, let me guess." She pointed at the man. "Brad? Chad? Brody? Let's go with Brody. What are your intentions for my sister? Shall we discuss a dowry?"

Kassandra transformed, showing him the red eyes around her usual bright blue, veins crawling underneath her eyes.

The man was frightened. "What the--"

"Leave," Kassandra told him. "Now." The man ran out, leaving. Kassandra chuckled in amusement, turning to Freya. Freya tried to give her a look, but it was clear that she thought it was funny as well. "He was utterly drunk. No one will believe his story."

Freya smiled. "Not three months ago, you didn't know whether you trusted me or not. And now the little sister is playing protective for the older sister."

"Well, technically, when you think about it, I've lived longer than you while you were sleeping, so I would say that qualifies as older," Kassandra told her. "Or just to settle confusing debates, why don't we say that we're the same?" She paused for a moment, becoming serious. "I need you to perform a locator spell. Mikayla and Hayley are missing."

"I'll need the best connection to them," Freya told her. "You'll have to wake Hope."

Kassandra nodded in agreement.

---

The French Quarter 

Hayley and Mikayla were walking together through the abandoned part of the Quarter toward the compound.

---

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard 

Kassandra was pacing around with Hope in her arms.

Freya was preparing to do the locator spell to find Hayley and Mikayla. She spread a circle of black sand on a map held down with lit candles, muttering the incantation under her breath. "Vinde val tratunderes. Vinde val tratunderes."

---

The French Quarter 

Hayley and Mikayla had to stop at the edge of the Quarter, seeing that there was a gathering of witches.

Hayley was transforming hungrily.

"No," Mikayla told her. "Wait until we can get out of here. If a fight starts, it might not stop."

The witches had heard them, turning toward them, sensing that they were hungry, perceiving them as a threat.

Hayley and Mikayla started to walk their way toward the compound, though the witches took it as a sign that they were about to attack, starting to attack them with a pain infliction spell, making them scream in agony.

Hayley rushed closer, biting the neck of a witch from behind, feeding her until she died.

A little of the pain subsided.

Hayley snapped another witch's neck, killing her.

More of the pain faded.

Hayley ripped the heads off of two witches.

Mikayla was able to fight through the remaining pain, snapping the neck of another witch so hard she pulled her head off, ripping the heart out of another. She rushed toward another witch, feeding on her so hard from hunger, killing her, throwing her body down.

Hayley and Mikayla turned back to back to face the witches on either side of them, covered in blood, transforming.

Auria walked into the Quarter, seeing a gathering of witches hurting Hayley and Mikayla. She walked closer angrily. "Enough!" She caused a pain infliction spell on all of the witches, making them stop their spell on Hayley and Mikayla, making them all fall to their knees. Hayley tried to retaliate against one of the last witches attacking her. Auria used magic to pull Hayley back. "I said enough!" She walked closer, causing the spell of greater magnitude to keep the witches down, looking at them incredulously. "What the hell is wrong with you? They didn't do anything."

"They killed our own," a witch told her.

"You attacked us," Hayley told them furiously. 

Mikayla looked at Auria expressionlessly. "Auria? I'm sure you're the reason that we were pulled from the bayou."

"Yes," Auria answered. "Because I finally found a way to break the curse." She looked at the witches. "I'm trying to build a peace for all of us, and you're threatening that by going after them. Do you want us to be at war with the vampires and the Mikaelsons until the city is a bloodbath and all of us are dead?" They didn't answer, groaning in pain from the pain infliction spells. "No? Then stop trying to start a war! Take this as a sign of force. And take me granting a fraction of freedom to the wolves as a sign of good faith. I won't let you damn everyone in this city just because you're power-hungry sociopaths. The war ends now." Auria let them go from her magic. The witches gasped for breath in pain. Auria looked at Mikayla and Hayley. "Let's go."

Auria walked away.

Mikayla and Hayley were stunned, starting to follow Auria out of the Quarter, impressed.

---~---

Lucien's Penthouse 

Elijah and Klaus had been invited in, taking note of all the artwork on the walls.

Lucien joined them a moment later, having grabbed a towel to clean up his werewolf bite. "My contacts will get back to me if they have any information about two wolves matching your description."

Lucien sat down on the couch, picking up a decanter of scotch to pour himself a drink. 

"You're going to need my blood for that wound, just FYI," Klaus told him. "I'll respond favorably once the mother and the aunt of my child have been recovered."

Elijah looked at the newspaper journalist Lucien had been feeding on earlier, who was still sitting silently an motionlessly on the chair where he had left her.

"Oh, feel free to have a drink," Lucien told them. "She's not dead... just mouthy. I compelled her quiet."

Lucien took a drink.

Elijah looked at him in annoyance. "You can spare me the counterfeit camaraderie."

"I thought Kassandra taught you better than to leave your leftovers in the street," Klaus told him. "My streets." 

Lucien sighed. "You'll have to elaborate, mate."

"Two bodies were found sporting rather memorable lacerations," Klaus told him. "Are you exorcising your demons by carving up the innocents of New Orleans?"

Lucien laughed weakly. "Oh, you two are full of unfounded accusations today. And if I was the culprit, why would you care? You have done far worse to others."

"There is a delicate balance in this city," Klaus told him. "There are rules. You listen carefully, friend. My city has enjoyed months of relative peace. If that peace if in any way disrupted, the next gruesome murder will be yours."

Lucien chuckled in amusement, which only made him more frustrated. "Now there's the Klaus I know."

Elijah gave him an unamused look. "So, you say you're in conflict with those of my sireline. Am I to assume that the Lord Tristan de Martel is up to his usual tricks?"

"This is no quarrel, Elijah," Lucien told him. "We are on the brink of war. Tristan knows that if he kills Klaus and Kassandra, he will eliminate all his enemies."

Elijah was confused, holding up a hand to silence him. "And, so, wait. By this logic, are Niklaus and I to assume that we are your ultimate targets?"

Lucien scoffed. "If I kill the two of you, then I trade all of the money, the women, the jets, for an eternity on the run from Kassandra and Rebekah."

Elijah smiled politely, walking closer. "Leave the city. Kassandra does not need your protection. The white oak is destroyed. We cannot be killed." He sat on the coffee table, taking the glass of scotch from him. "Unless, of course, your real plan is to turn Kassandra against her family to have her all to yourself."

Lucien looked frustrated, leaning forward, lowering his voice. "You're wrong. Talk to Sandra. She's seen the prophecy. Visions of darkness surround your family. You are not immune to death." Elijah and Klaus rolled their eyes. "And you don't seem particularly fazed."

"Well, we're no stranger to death, young Lucien," Elijah told him, handing the drink back.

"Or third-rate prophecies, for that matter," Klaus told him.

They walked out, leaving.

---

Lafayette Cemetery - Rayvnne Tomb 

Auria took Mikayla and Hayley back to the cemetery, into a crypt.

Mikayla used an athame to cut a lock of her hair from her head, handing it to Auria.

Auria took it.

Mikayla cut her hand with the athame, dripping the blood into the bowl on the table that also held a half dozen lit white candles and one solitary new candle that remained unlit.

Auria broke the lock of her hair apart, dropping it in pieces into the bowl of blood. She took the blood and hair mixture, pouring it over the new unlit candle. "As long as the candle burns, your curse won't be active."

"And when a strong wind comes along?" Hayley asked.

Auria waved her hand over the candle, which seemed to absorb Mikayla's blood and hair, leaving only a bloody crescent moon on the outside of it. "My magic will protect the flame. I'm doing this to try to create a peace for this city. This candle will keep you human until I can complete the reversal for the curse. Go home. Go see Hope. Let your family know that you're okay." Auria looked over their blood-covered appearances. "But you might want to take a shower first."

Mikayla smirked in amusement. "Thanks, Auria. Get it done."

Mikayla and Hayley walked out, leaving.

---

Dubois Tomb 

Auria and Davina were outside of the Dubois tomb, which read: Celeste Dubois: Born 1790 on the stone front. They knelt in front of the tomb, casting a spell to channel Celeste's magic to undo the Crescent curse, using the candle infused with Mikayla's blood and hair. "Ven el forte es cufe. Ven el forte es cufe. Ven el forte es cufe. Ven el forte es cufe." 

Blood started to drip from their eyes like tears. They stopped chanting, wiping the blood away in confusion, realizing that the Ancestors, or possibly even Celeste herself, were angry. 

"No," Davina told them. "No, please. You need to listen to me, please." More blood started to pour from their eyes. Davina looked up at the sky in determination. "Please. I know you don't want to help us, but we're trying to stop a war."

"We're not doing this for the vampires or the Mikaelsons," Auria told them. "We're doing this to protect the witches. We're trying to keep them alive and from dying in battle. Unless you want all of us to die."

Suddenly, the wick of the candle made with Mikayla's blood and hair bursted into flame.

Auria and Davina realized that the Ancestors had relented, sighing in relief.

"You think it will be that easy to break the link between Caitlin and Marcel?" Davina asked.

"Not even close," Auria answered. "I already tried that. When I tried, the Ancestors didn't relent. They don't want Marcel and Caitlin to be unlinked, Davina."

"So we'll have to find another way, Auria," Davina told her.

Auria sighed, nodding, looking at the sky.

---

Lucien's Penthouse 

Lucien, looking worse for wear, had sat down on the couch in his living room. 

A silver briefcase was open on the table, revealing four vials of a cloudy liquid and a metal syringe. 

Lucien drew up some of the fluid from the vial into the syringe, piercing his wound with the needle, injecting the syringe full of fluid into his body, wincing in pain as it burned the wound. After a moment, he breathed a sigh of relief as the compound burned the werewolf venom from his body and allowed his bite to heal as though he had just ingested Klaus' blood.

---

Abattoir Compound - Hope's Nursery 

Kassandra put Hope into a small playpen, where she laid down on the floor. She looked at her for a moment, walking out of the room, down into the courtyard.

---

Courtyard

Jackson was chained by his wrists.

Freya stood in front of him.

Jackson pulled at the chains angrily in an attempt to get free.

"Can I get you some water, or... something?" Freya asked awkwardly.

"Let me out," Jackson told her. "It's dawn. I haven't turned back yet. It doesn't make any sense. I need to find Mikayla."

Freya walked toward him, putting a hand on his chest to try to sense what was going on with him with magic. "I can't feel the curse in your blood. It's gone."

Hayley and Mikayla walked in, still covered in blood.

Mikayla looked at him in relief, after a month of not being able to see him. "Jackson."

Jackson looked at Mikayla in relief.

Hayley stormed closer in anger. "Where the hell is that bastard?"

---~---

Jackson looked at between Hayley and Mikayla's blood-splashed appearances worriedly. "What happened?"

Klaus and Elijah walked in.

Klaus looked at Hayley smugly, glancing at Mikayla. "Hayley, bring your sister Mikayla for both of you to apologize for your transgressions?"

Mikayla glared.

Hayley turned around, rushing toward Klaus aggressively. "Do you have any idea what you have taken from me?"

Hayley tried to punch Klaus. Klaus caught her arm, twisting it behind her back, breaking it, making her scream in pain. Hayley back kicked Klaus to make him let go, spinning around, kicking him in the head, making him turn away.

Klaus stood. "The very thing you sought to take from me. The chance to raise our daughter. Your punishment fits your crime."

"Your family was ruining her life," Hayley told him.

Klaus rushed toward Hayley, pushing her against a table. "My family saved her life while you were off playing hide and seek in the forest." Hayley headbutted Klaus, making him back away. Klaus looked from Hayley to Jackson and Mikayla. "There's a very short list of people who've tried to take Hope away from me, and you're the only ones left breathing."

"Are you that delusional, Klaus?" Mikayla asked furiously. "You cursed all of us. Every wolf that we fought for, everyone that stood up for your daughter. My niece. You took all of them away from their families."

Klaus nodded, looking from Hayley to Mikayla. "Yes, yes, your precious pack, that family you chose over us, and in doing so, you chose over Hope."

Mikayla was stunned. "Is that what you were planning on telling her when she got older and asked for her mother and her aunt? That we abandoned her?"

Hayley was more furious than anyone had ever seen her, breaking an end table, using the broken leg as a stake as she lunged toward Klaus. Klaus caught the stake, spinning around, trying to stake Hayley. Hayley ducked.

"Niklaus!" Elijah told him.

Kassandra walked downstairs to see what was going on.

Hayley jumped from the ground to the stairs, from the stairs to a balcony above, walking toward Hope's nursery.

Klaus rushed to stand in front of her, walking toward Hayley. Hayley tried to punched him. Klaus ducked to the side.

Mikayla rolled her eyes, turning to Jackson, breaking the chain that held one of his wrists to the ceiling.

Hayley missed another punch. "My parents left me." She hit Klaus angrily in the chest. "Yours turned their backs on you." She hit Klaus angrily in the chest. "They tried to kill you." Mikayla broke the other chain that held Jackson's other wrist to the ceiling. Hayley hit Klaus angrily in the chest. "Look at us now." Mikayla broke the chain that held one of Jackson's ankles to the floor. Klaus was suddenly stricken by the realization of what he had done. He could do nothing but look at Hayley. Mikayla broke the other chain that held Jackson's other ankle to the floor, dropping the chains. Jackson and Mikayla embraced in relief, never letting the other go. Mikayla was still watching Klaus and Hayley from up on the balcony behind him. Hayley screamed in frustration. "She deserves something better than what we had. And all I have ever wanted for her is something better." Klaus continued to stand there silently, which only made Hayley more angry. "Fight back. Fight back!" Klaus looked behind Hayley, his eyes widening slightly. Hayley turned to follow his gaze. Jackson and Mikayla pulled away. Jackson turned to follow her gaze. Hope was slowly toddling over to Klaus and Hayley on the balcony, having likely heard the fight and became curious as to what was happening that she had to see for herself. Hayley was in shock, a guilt washing over her, covering her open mouth with her hand in horror. Kassandra, Elijah, Freya, Jackson and Mikayla watched sadly from the ground floor of the courtyard. Hayley was overwhelmed beyond words, gasping. "She's walking. When did she start walking?" No one answered. Hayley looked as if she was on the brink of breaking, slowly walking toward Hope, finally picking her up, too overwhelmed to remember she was splashed with blood, starting to cry. Hope cooed in her arms. "I missed it. I missed everything."

Hayley kissed Hope's cheek.

Kassandra, Freya, Elijah, Jackson and Mikayla continued to watch sadly from the courtyard.

Klaus looked tearful, seeming to be guilty and ashamed of what he had done.

---~---

Hayley walked down the steps with Hope.

Klaus followed slowly behind her.

Jackson looked at Mikayla. "What happened? Is the curse broken?"

"I'll explain later," Mikayla told them tiredly. "We're safe. For now."

"Good for you," Klaus told them. "I'll have your bedrooms made up."

Hayley glared at Klaus. "The only way that I will stay under your roof is if I'm in a coffin."

"If you think I will allow Hope out of my protection for a second--" Klaus started.

"What you'll allow doesn't matter, Klaus," Hayley told him. "Welcome to a 21st century custody battle. Moms win them now."

"If I may?" Elijah asked. "The apartments across the street have recently been renovated. I might pay a visit to the management." He turned to Klaus. "The fact that Hope will never be out of earshot should assuage your incessant paranoia."

"So, we are to listen as my daughter is raised by a savage?" Klaus asked, gesturing to Hayley.

Jackson scoffed sarcastically. "Because everyone here is so civilized?"

Elijah looked at Klaus. "Brother, you created the problem. This might well be the solution."

Hayley looked at Elijah gratefully, nodding.

---

Day Two

Morning - Abattoir Compound - Hayley's Room

(Song:) I Go On - Jillian Edwards 

Hayley had showered, dressed in clean clothes, packing up her things in a leather bag.

Elijah walked in, gently knocking on the door, standing in the threshold. He seemed to sense that she was troubled, looking at her in concern. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Hayley told him. "Come in." Elijah walked closer. Hayley returned to packing. "Jackson and Mikayla are gathering the pack to tell them to go back to their families... what's left of them."

Hayley anxiously cleared her throat, running a hand through her hair, keeping her back to Elijah so he didn't see how overwhelmed she was.

Elijah held a hand toward her, holding out a set of keys on a key ring. "You should be quite comfortable."

Hayley turned to face him. "Thank you for this." They stood awkwardly there for a moment. "You know, there was a moment at the bonfire last year when I thought we would be okay. That Hope could be raised by a real family. For the first time, I was happy. I hate Klaus for taking that away from me. You should know... that I'm the one that conned Mikayla and the pack to leaving. Mikayla didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay. I just thought you should know."

Elijah took this in for a moment, nodding. "Every day, I fought for your and Mikayla's return." He paused, struggling to find the words to say. "Searching for a way..." He lost his nerve, walking toward the door, making only one last statement before he left. "You and Mikayla were not forgotten."

Elijah walked out, leaving.

Hayley watched him go.

---

Auria's Apartment - Bedroom 

Auria was in her apartment, showering, getting dressed, walking out into her bedroom, seeing Marcel lying in the bed, chuckling. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to congratulate you," Marcel answered. Auria raised her eyebrows at him questioningly, walking closer. Marcel smiled proudly. "I saw what you did last night. Saving Mikayla and Hayley. It's a good thing you got there when you did, because I was about to jump in and make everything worse. You took my advice seriously. About giving a show of good faith and a show of force."

"Well, your advice was pretty damn good, Marcel," Auria told him, sitting down next to him. "I have you to thank for this."

Marcel shook his head. "Nah. I was worried about you, Auria. And I'll keep worrying about you. But I knew that you could do it."

Auria smiled a small smile. "Yeah? The king of the Quarter is proud of the queen of the witches?"

"Well, you know what they say," Marcel told her. "Every king..."

"Needs a queen," Auria finished.

"I do believe that you can unite the witches under a common goal after all, Auria Rayvnne," Marcel told her.

Auria smiled. "I do hope so, Marcel Gerard."

Marcel and Auria smiled, starting to kiss slowly at first, then more passionately as time went on.

---

The French Quarter 

Jackson and Mikayla were out in the Quarter, walking along.

"You know, I'm thinking of getting an apartment in the building where Hope and Hayley are living in now to help protect them, if necessary," Mikayla told him. "Don't get me wrong. I love the bayou. But I seriously can't take living there anymore."

Jackson laughed. "I know." He pulled out a lease. "Which is why I already got us one." Mikayla smiled, turning to face him, kissing him. They pulled away. Mikayla wrapped her arms around him, leaning her head against his shoulder. Jackson returned the embrace. "What is it?"

Mikayla smiled. "I just missed you." She remembered something, pulling away, taking out a red velvet jewelry box. "Elijah found these in the junkyard. He kept them safe for us."

Jackson took the box, opening it, revealing their wedding rings and the moss agate mineral totem necklace that he had given Mikayla on their wedding day.

They came to a stop nearby a vendor.

Jackson pulled Mikayla's ring out of the box, setting the box on the counter of the vendor. He took Mikayla by the hand, sliding her wedding ring on the ring finger of her left hand.

Mikayla took out Jackson's wedding ring, taking his hand, sliding it on the ring finger of his left hand.

Jackson took the necklace from the box, looking at Mikayla. "May I?" Mikayla smiled, nodding, turning her back to him, pulling her hair aside onto one shoulder. Jackson pulled the necklace around her neck, latching it. "Well, you saved us. Again."

Mikayla turned to face him. "Mm. Auria is a lifesaver. But I can't help but think of the price that she paid to help free us."

They started to walk through the street of the Quarter, crawling with other people.

"Everything in this town comes at a price," Jackson told her. "But, the worst is over, and so just for today, why don't you let me take care of you for a change, huh?"

Mikayla smiled. "Okay. Just this once."

Jackson and Mikayla faced each other, smiling. He placed a hand on her cheek, wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her closer into a kiss. Mikayla wrapped her arms around his neck. They continued to kiss passionately in the middle of the street in the French Quarter.

(Song Ends)

---

Elsewhere 

Auria found out that Will was in his car outside her apartment, walking outside to confront him about her stolen tablet. "Staking out my apartment now? Something else you want to steal?"

Will handed Auria her tablet through his open window, smiling sheepishly. "All the interesting stuff was password-protected, but I knew that the NOLA PD wouldn't just pull you in for kicks. You're not an amateur." Auria gave him a look. Will looked embarrassed, sighing, grabbing his jacket, getting out of the car. "I finished up the end of that video you were watching. Lucien Castle? Highly motivating. Feeling like my best self already." Auria became grim when she realized he was onto Lucien and would probably end up involved in vampire business that could get him hurt or killed. "So, he fits the profile, right? What, narcissistic personality disorder?"

Auria gave him an unamused look. "I should report you."

Will nodded in agreement. "You definitely should. Yet, you haven't, because you know I was right about your family. You're not a suspect, Auria. I'm actually looking out for you. I think you're mixed up in something much bigger than you realize."

"Trust me, I realize," Auria told him.

They were distracted by the radio announcement in his car.

Man: (on radio) "Possible serial killer in the Quarter..."

"Wait," Auria told him. "Turn up your radio."

Will reached into the car to turn the volume up so they could listen.

Man: (on radio) "While police refuse to release information, sources allege that a manhunt is on for a possible serial killer. Two violently mutilated bodies entirely drained of blood have been recovered..."

Will looked at Auria anxiously. "How the hell did they know about the blood?"

Auria didn't like the fact that Will could get himself killed by getting involved, but she knew that she couldn't necessarily stop him without raising his suspicions about her even more.

---

Lucien's Penthouse 

The New Orleans Sentinel journalist was sitting at a table, where she was reading an article she had written about the so-called serial killer. Her hand had been cut, and she dripped the blood from the wound into a wine glass for Lucien.

Lucien walked closer, drinking the blood on his way back to his trunk to lock up his werewolf bite cure. "Mm. You're welcome for the tip."

The journalist smirked.

Lucien placed the briefcase at the bottom of his trunk, distracted by the sketches of Kassandra that appeared to be at least centuries old. He held one of the sketches in his hand, running his finger over the drawing, smiling a small smile, sighing.

---

Abattoir Compound - Klaus' Study 

Freya and Kassandra were in the study.

Freya was looking at her blue pendant talisman holding in one hand, putting her necklace in her back pocket, smiling weakly. "I supposed I was misguided to believe Mikayla and Hayley's return would erase tensions in this house."

Kassandra smiled. "Misguided. Delusional. Refreshingly optimistic." She walked closer. "You're new."

Freya realized something was wrong, becoming concerned. "What is it?"

"I received a vision of our family's downfall from an ex of mine and his little witch," Kassandra told her.

"Your ex?" Freya repeated.

Kassandra sighed, nodding, rolling her eyes. "Yes, my ex. Lucien Castle. He's the only one of my exes left alive, thanks to our dear old brother." Freya smiled sympathetically. "About this prophecy, I don't know if I trust the source, which is Lucien's witch, but I trust you."

---

Courtyard 

Klaus, Elijah, Kassandra and Freya were in the courtyard.

Freya was preparing to perform a spell on a table.

Kassandra bled into a bowl.

"If you fed on this prophetic witch, her blood is still in your system," Freya told her. "If there's a weapon that can kill you, we need to know." She lit a tall black candle, placing it in the middle of the table, surrounding it with smaller lit white candles. She took the bowl of blood, setting out three small pieces of paper with Norse runes written on them. The runes spelled 'Elijah', 'Rebekah', 'Klaus', and 'Kassandra'. Freya looked at the black candle in the center, looking nervous, dipping her fingers in the bowl of blood to make a connection with Alexis and her visions. "No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve. No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve." Blood started to drip from inside her right ear. The compound started to shake. Freya's voice become more and more strained, as if the effort was hurting her. Klaus, Elijah and Kassandra became concerned. "No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve. No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve."

Elijah grabbed Freya's arm worriedly. "Freya? Stop."

Freya was overcome by visions of the prophecy. She saw Elijah's painted portrait in the living room splashed with blood and the beast with large, long, and wickedly sharp fangs roar.

The pieces of paper with the four Original names caught fire.

Freya gasped, opening her eyes.

The flames on the table finally extinguished themselves.

Freya was visibly shaken by the visions she had been shown. She sounded very grim. "It's true. You have a terrible shadow over you. Rebekah, too. If this prophecy is fulfilled... you will all fall." She looked up, clearly not wanting to share the next piece of information she gleaned from the visions. "One by friend, one by foe, one by foreigner, and one... by family."

Elijah, Klaus and Kassandra looked at each other worriedly, not knowing what to make of this.

---

Buddhist Monastery 

Aurora was still in her monk's robes, practicing sword fighting with Tristan, who was dressed in dress pants, a dress shirt, and a vest for their visit. 

They both stopped fighting, taking a break.

"You're distracted," Aurora told him. "My time with you is limited, Tristan."

"I'm thinking only of you, sister," Tristan told her. Aurora smiled, tossing him her sword, which he caught deftly, putting both swords away. "I'm told there was an incident here yesterday."

Aurora pouted. "Well, as I recall, I was awaiting your visit when I received a letter informing me that you were unavailable. Can you imagine my dismay?"

"I had so wished you would handle it better," Tristan told her.

Aurora smiled. "I get better every day! And you always say, 'It won't be long now.' Well, it's time. I'm fine. Let me out."

Tristan looked at her sympathetically. "You know I can't do that while you're in this state. I will miss you, though, my sweet Aurora."

Aurora became upset. "Miss me? You're leaving? No. No! Why?" She lunged toward him to start a fight. Tristan easily overpowered her, spinning her around, restraining her with a one-armed bear hug while using his free hand to inject her in the neck with what was presumably vervain. "Tristan, no. No, please. No!" 

Tristan continued to keep her restrained. "Shh."

Aurora continued to struggle weakly. "Please, I'll be better. Please, take me with you." She slowly stopped fighting. "Take me with you."

"It's all right," Tristan told her. "It's all right."

"Tristan, please," Aurora told him, slowly falling unconscious.

Several monks had heard the commotion from outside of the room, walking in.

Tristan carefully handed Aurora over to one of the monks. "Increase her dosage while I'm gone. She may be a danger to others, to herself. Tell her I'll be back soon." The monks took Aurora away. Tristan pulled out his phone, making a call. "Yes, Aya. Do you have her in your sights? She's in Los Angeles? Well, bring her in, please. It's time to take her to New Orleans."

Tristan hung up, smirking.

---~---

3.03 "I'll See You In Hell Or New Orleans"

(Song:) Dangerous Game - Juliet Roberts 

From 3.03 "I'll See You In Hell Or New Orleans", in Marcel's Loft, Marcel, Noah, Josh, the other vampires and Caitlin were gathered for a meeting.

A woman with close-cropped hair and dressed in trendy, business-like attire walked in.

"I don't know who you are, but you definitely walked into the wrong place," Caitlin told her.

"Nice to meet you, Marcel Gerard, Noah Dumaine, and Caitlin Harris," the woman told them.

Marcel sighed. "I don't have time for this."

TROUBLE

"I've been instructed to make you an offer," the woman told them.

COMES TO TOWN

Later, Elijah and Josh were talking.

"Would you kindly enlighten me as to what happened here?" Elijah asked.

Elijah knelt down when he saw a black business card laying on the floor next to an unconscious vampire, picking it up. 

AGAIN

From 3.03 "I'll See You In Hell Or New Orleans", in an estate, a few vampires were standing around Marcel, Noah and Caitlin.

Elijah: (voice over from 3.03 I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans) "Where do their loyalties lie?"

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", in Elijah's study, Klaus, Elijah and Kassandra were talking.

"I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here," Elijah told them.

Klaus stood. "Have you finally forgiven me?"

"I will consider it..." Elijah trailed off. Kassandra smiled a small smile. "When Hell freezes over."

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", in St. Anne's Church, Mikayla and Jackson were sparring with wooden staffs.

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", in flashback to the castle, Kassandra and Lucien had been feeding, their mouths stained in blood. Kassandra looked at him for a moment, kissing him deeply and passionately for a long moment. 

Lucien: (voice over from 3.03 I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans) "There is nothing else I can say to make you trust me, Kassandra. We are who we are."

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", outside a police station, Kassandra and Lucien were talking.

"All I can do is wait while you decide whether I'm your greatest weakness or our greatest strength," Lucien told her.

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", in flashback to the castle, Kassandra and Lucien had been feeding, their mouths stained in blood.

Kassandra and Lucien had their eyes closed, breathing heavily, ecstatic, affected by the rush of blood and kill. They opened their eyes, meeting each other's gazes, smiling devilishly.

From 3.03 "I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans", in a secret headquarters, Kaylin Salvatore woke up, chained up with either of her arms to her side, the shackles attached to the walls on either side of her.

Tristan stood in front of her. "Kaylin Salvatore."

The woman from Marcel's Loft punched Kaylin in the face. "I'd watch your wise mouth."

"Sorry," Kaylin told them, not sorry at all. "Watching what I say is not exactly a habit nor a priority of mine."

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE ORIGINALS)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 403 16
All rights go the creators of The Originals and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Kassandra Mikaelson, Caitlin...
10.7K 279 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Kacie Lo...
719K 18.3K 97
She was their protector, because they were all she had. She returned to Mystic Falls solely to help them, and had every intention of leaving afterwar...
12.5K 324 15
Kassandra Mikaelson, Caitlin Harris, Mikayla Labonair-Kenner, Kacie Lockwood, Tory Donovan/Thompson, Luke Thompson, Eliza Forbes, Lindsey Davis-Thomp...