The Art of Breaking Hearts ✓

Av sadreadingchick

[Highest Rank; #3 in Humor 3/27/17] --- I was unable to keep myself from blushing. "I'm not his girlf... Mer

GREETINGS
Preliminaries
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Against The Tides
Chapter 2 - Chinese New Year
Chapter 3 - Rough Start
Chapter 5 - Living With Einstein and Ke$ha
Author's Note. Please read!
Chapter 6 - Fighting With Humpty-Dumpty
Chapter 7 - The Ugly Green Monster
Chapter 8 - Beasts and Fries in France
TGTCTP NEW BOOK COVER
Chapter 9 - Drowning In A Sea Of Pranks
Chapter 10 - Rony & Julia
Chapter 11 - What The Heck, Ash?
Chapter 12 - The Date (I)
Chapter 13 - The Date (II)
Chapter 14 - Little Ball of Pitch Black
Chapter 15 - Hippos Have Pink Milk
Chapter 16 - Awkward
Chapter 17 - Babies and Beyoncé
Chapter 18 - Just An Illusion
Chapter 19 - Meeting The One
Chapter 20 - The Proposal . . . Kind Of
Chapter 21 - My Own Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 22 - In Heaven
Chapter 23 - Ryder's Thesaurus
Chapter 24 - Peter Pan
Chapter 25 - Almost Dying
Chapter 26 - Surprise, Bitch!
Chapter 27 - McRockingMyWorld
Chapter 28 - The Cute Fighting Siblings
Chapter 29 - Dinner At The Adams'
Chapter 30 - Afterwards
Chapter 31 - The Morning Surprise
Chapter 32 - A Wild Ash
Chapter 33 - The Begining Of The Plan
Chapter 34 - Beating The Living Sh** Out of Instruments
Chapter 35 - Bobby Boucher
Chapter 36 - What Are You Saying?
Chapter 37 - Goodbyes
Book Trailer
Chapter 38 - Oblivous As A Rock
Chapter 39 - Christmas Crisis
Chapter 40 - 'Tis The Season To Be Jelly!
Chapter 41 - Damned Dysfunctional Devices
Chapter 42 - Miss.USA: the Naked, Shaking Chihuahua
Chapter 43 - A Big Moron
Chapter 44 - Strangers
Chapter 45 - Answers
Chapter 46 - Reshaping Faces
Chapter 47 - Changing For You
Chapter 48 - My Weird Uber Driver
Chapter 49 - The Strangest Duo
Chapter 50 - Finding Hidden Treasures, Old Letters, and Dog Poop
Chapter 51 - Our Wet Senior Prank
Epilogue
Author's Note
FAQ
Author's Note 2

Chapter 4 - Winning in BrrAska

16.7K 624 151
Av sadreadingchick

Chapter 4

---

"So what do you think?"

"I don't know, Drake. I mean, it would probably be grea-"

"It would definitely be great if you both just shut up for a minute!" I hissed at the morons on both my sides. They were discussing whether or not joining the basketball team too was going to be a good idea.

"Can't she just mind her own business?" Ryder said, sounding annoyed.

"Nah, she probably can't; she has some pretty bad anger issues. Careful or she might just punch your face again. Foxy The Murderer is dangerous," Drake replied, smiling at the memory of what had happened last week.

I don't know why they were talking about me like I wasn't just sitting between them.

"I'm right here," I snapped, trying not to sound loud enough to disturb Mrs. Johnson who wouldn't take any kind of interruption smoothly. I wasn't too keen on visiting the principal's office every week.

Before they had a chance to answer, the bell rang loudly, and every one piled out to go to lunch. I hurried out of the class, squished between a large mass of people.

Someone nudged me hard in the shoulder, and from the corner of my eyes I glimpsed Ryder smirking. He thinks he can mess around with me. I was going to stick my leg sideways and trip him when I noticed his shoe laces were untied.

Even better, I thought, and stepped on them suddenly without anyone noticing.

Except Ryder, of course, who fell right on a teacher's back, bringing her down with him.

"Excuse me! Do you think this is funny, mister?" She yelled angrily, looking at a shocked and a very embarrassed Ryder, who was back to his feet in a second. The spotlight was currently on them; everyone in the hall stopped to watch.

"I am very sorry, really, it wasn't on purpose," he stammered, bending down with a few other students to help the teacher gather her scattered papers from the ground.

"I do not care!" Was her response as she got up, shooting him the worst look imaginable when he offered her a hand, which he quickly withdrew. "You go straight to the principal's office right this instant, you hear me?"

I muffled my laughter as his face got red.

"Miss, really, I can explain, it was her, she's the one who stepped on my laces," he looked at me meaningfully.

"You just said it was an accident!"

"No, I said it was-"

"ENOUGH! Both of you, to the principal's office. Right now!"

I knew it wouldn't be a good idea if I argued with her right now, so I just strode in the frozen crowd, ignoring all the eyes on me.

"What? You thought you were gonna get away with that," Ryder said from behind me.

"No, I thought you would just buck up and not be a tattle-taler."

He didn't have a response for that, so we just walked silently to the office.

"You know what? We don't actually have to enter, it's not like the teacher is gonna check whether we came or not."

But he had already knocked on the door.

"I was just trying to save you some trouble," I whispered with a smile, and then went in.

"Come in," the principal said, sounding calm.

Well that wasn't gonna last, I thought with a smile.

"What is it this time?" She asked disapprovingly.

"She tripped me, because I bumped her, and I fell on a very angry teacher, so it's not really my fault."

She looked at me, waiting for an explanation.

"Do you have proof?" I asked confidently. They both looked taken aback from my response, but they had completely different reactions. The principal narrowed her eyes while Ryder exploded with frustration.

"What do you mean, do you have proof? Do you have proof that I am the one who kept bumping into you?"

"Uh-huh, I do, actually. I never mentioned anything about the nudging, you did. Which simply means you did it."

Now I looked to the principal, and I saw a small smile playing on her lips. "So, he just confessed that he was nudging me, which means I should really be out of here enjoying the pie in the cafeteria."

"Hey, no, no, no. If you were nudged, you would have a purpose to trip me, which means you did it."

"That's not proof. I did no such thing,"

"You guys may go" the principal said, smiling whilst shaking her head.

"Thanks for your co-operation," I smiled at Ryder, who was cursing at me under his breath. I should really be in How To Get Away With Murder.

"Where were you?" Bex made space for me next to her after I had packed my tray with food. I smiled, and told them everything that happened.

"You did not! You know, I actually just thought of an idea. We could have Ryder fall for you, and then maybe he can stop his heart-breaking games after he knows how it feels like."

The idea was so ridiculous, I laughed.

"I'm in," Mare said excitedly, who I hadn't even known was listening.

"See? It would be a great idea!" Bex, said, happy to have someone on her side. They all looked at me eagerly, waiting for my approval.

"Okay, so here is one of the million reasons why this can't happen. I mean you guys would sit back and watch while I have to deal with him which is horrible. I can barely handle him in Algebra. If we will really do it, it's not gonna be easy at all."

They dropped the matter and thankfully went on into another conversation with me listening in and commenting a few times.

After a while, the bell rang, announcing the end of our lunch, and the rest of the periods went pretty fast.

Soon enough, I was already in the soccer field, warming up with a couple of sprints before the rest of the team came.

When they did, we played good matches against each other, and I felt great every time I earned approving smiles from either Emma or the coach.

"Okay, you have 1 minute left." The captain had to scream over our noise in order to be heard.

Kara passed me the ball, and everyone was suddenly attacking me. I kept moving towards the goal, dodging every kick and keeping the ball with me.

I was about to pass to Emma or Selena who were wide open and free, but they both shook their heads.

Almost there, I thought as I came nearer to the net. I found a clear path and shot the ball, careful with my aim.

She shoots, and she scores!

Wooh, hoar! I made the audience in my head scream and roar. They even did the infamous wave with their bodies, and all.

"YES!" I yelled happily, and everyone cheered, including Ryder, who I had just noticed was here.

We shook hands with the other half of our team, whom which we played against, and I went to the benches to drink.

"Not bad for a nerd," he suddenly said from behind me, and I turned around to face him.

"Thanks," I said with a roll of my eyes, hearing the nickname.

"But not as good as I am," he said smugly with a smirk.

I knew there was a catch.

"Oh, please. You wouldn't even win an egg." I packed my PINK bag with my towel and bottle.

"Is that," he sniffed the air, "is that a bet that I smell?"

I sniffed the air and said, "Yeah, and if you smelled carefully, you'll notice that you're going to loose the bet."

I winked at him before leaving, my bag on my shoulder.

"Hey, Elyse," I said when I reached home and found her sitting watching TV.

"Oh, hey, baby," she wrapped an arm around me and planted a kiss on my forehead. "How was your day?"

"Great, actually. I scored like three goals in soccer today. It was fun. I'm gonna go Skype Reece in my room if you need anything," I rushed upstairs and waited for Reece to answer while changing my clothes

"Ash! I've missed you so much! How's it going in Brr-aska?" She seemed to be in a happy mood.

We both laughed, and I quickly got to the point and told her about everything that happened today.

"The principal looks nice to let you off the hook that easily. And Ryder sounds like a pain in the butt. I actually think the breaking-his-heart idea isn't so bad. I think you should do it. People like him," she said, referring to the brat she once fell for, "don't deserve to be that happy. It would definitely teach him a lesson. Did you ask Damon about it?"

"Damon's changed," I said honestly, "he is messing around with girls and acting weird. I don't know what he's up to. Anyways about Ryder, We were only talking about the idea as a joke. It won't work and it'll be a waste of time."

"It's still worth it at the end, Ash. Look, I have to go now. Call me tomorrow and tell me what you decided?"

"Sure," I said before hanging up.

-------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So here's a drama filled chapter :). Does anyone here watch How To Get Away With Murder? Scandal? I love these shows! I know this isn't edited so feel free to point out any grammatical errors.

Much Love,MD & SD ❤️

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

2.1M 83.2K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...
400K 10.4K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...