The One Who Got Away

By NadineSchadt

Ava Miller ran from every man she got close to. She meets Seth and find it not as easy to run. As she final... More

First Meeting
Dinner and A Show
Streets of New York
Amazing
Just Fun
Monster
Bad
Pain
Flooded
Home
Sick
New Job
First Fight
Let Go
New Friends
Fantasy
Seth's Birthday Pt. 1
Seth's Birthday Pt. 2
Marriage?
Christmas
The Ultimate Betrayal
Back to Normal
The Calm Before the Storm
The Final Showdown
Aftermath

Fear

175 4 0
By NadineSchadt

Ava moved through the house till she got to their room.  She looked around as the anger left and fear set back in.  She began to pace as she didn't know what to do.  Seth walked in to see her pacing.  He didn't know what to say to her.  He was just as fearful as she was.  Will knew where she was and it scared him.  She started to ramble, "What the hell are we going to do?  He found us.  He is going to hurt Sam.  I can't let him do that."  She stopped pacing as she said, "I have to leave.  I have to get Sam away from here."

Seth's heart winced as he heard her.  He rushed over to her and grabbed her by the arms to look at him.  He almost exclaimed, "No!  No more running!  I will not let him hurt you or Sam.  Do you understand me?  I will protect you both until my last breath, I promise you.  No more running, please.  I will protect my family."

He pulled her into his arms and she quickly clung unto his shirt as she began to cry in his arms.  "I'm scared, Seth."  She choked out in tears.

Seth whispered, "I know, baby.  I know you are.  But I will do whatever it takes to make sure you and Sam stay safe.  He will not hurt you, as long as I am alive, I will make sure you two stay safe. I promise you."

Ava just cried in Seth's arms as she felt helpless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark and Rhea walked into Seth's house, as they were late to the party.  Just then Brenda began to rush by him.  He grabbed her arm and asked, "Brenda?"

She looked at him with tearful eyes.  He asked, "What are you doing here?  And are you okay?"

Then he noticed the bruise on her cheek.  He gently touched it and asked, "What happened to you?"

She choked out, "I can't, Mark.  I have to go."

Without another word, she broke free from his arm and ran out the front door.  Mark looked confused by her demeanor.  They walked more into the house and found Mila in the kitchen with Alex.  He asked, "What the hell is going on?"

The girls looked at him but didn't answer.  He then asked, "Where is Ava?"

Mila moved closer to him and said, calmly, "Will found her."

"What?"  He said in shock.  "How?"

"My god."  Rhea finally spoke up.

"Brenda told him."  Mila answered.

"Is that who did that to her face?"  He asked.

She then looked away and hesitated. She looked at him and said, cautiously, "No, Ava did."

"Wait, what?"  Mark was more confused.

"Ava found out about Brenda telling Will and she was here acting like nothing happened the whole time she was here.  When Ava found out, she punched Brenda.  Seth held her back as I stood between the women.  Mark, she looked like she wanted to kill her.  She was so angry, I have never seen her like that.  But Brenda's betrayal, I understand why she was so angry."  Mila explained.

"Where is Ava?"  He asked.

"I think upstairs with Seth."  Mila replied.

Just then Seth came down the stairs.  Mark looked at him and asked, "Where is Ava?"

"In our room."  He simply replied.

"Is she okay?"  Mark asked.  Seth looked at him confused and Mark told him, "Mila filled me in.  Did she really punch Brenda?"

"Yeah."  Seth breathed.

Mark asked him, "What are you going to do, Seth?"

"Whatever it takes.  First I am calling the police.  That is why I came down here, to get my phone.  Then whatever else to make sure he doesn't get to them."  Seth said to him.

Mark moved over to Seth and put a gentle hand on his arm.  He asked, "How are you?"

Seth looked at him, then looked at the girls as he didn't want to say too much in front of them.  Mila noticed and said to the other two women, "Let's let them talk."

They moved out to the backyard.  Then Seth sighed and looked back at Mark.  "I'm scared, Mark.  She is talking about running again.  I can't lose them in any means.  She is losing it.  She is so scared what Will will do to Sam.  But I won't let him hurt him, neither of them."

Mark sighed.  "I know you won't, Seth.  If you need anything, let me know, please."

Seth nodded.  He was scared out of his mind.  He wouldn't be able to live with himself if anything happened to them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day seemed to drag on as the group left.  Seth called the cops as Will was already wanted in New York and a history of violence against her, they took it seriously which Seth was relieved about.  They posted a cop car in front of their house.  He also called Robert and Teddy to the house as he knew he would have to now have 24/7 bodyguards with them.  He knew the following day would also be exhausting as he would have to hire more guards so Robert and Teddy could be relieved and height security on the property.  Seth was beyond exhausted as he did so much as he wanted to make sure Sam and Ava were safe.  He even wanted to change her number but the cops told him not to so they could monitor every time Will called.  Seth moved to his office as Ava put Sam down and moved to his bookshelf.  He removed a few books as it revealed a hidden safe.  He punched in the combo and opened it.  He opened it as it revealed nothing but a hand gun.  He slowly removed the gun.  He hated guns but he meant it when he said he wanted to protect his family.  Ava walked in as she said, "Sam is sleeping..."

Her voice trailed off as she saw Seth holding the gun.  She looked shocked as she quickly closed the door behind her.  She began to walk over to him as she asked, "What the hell, Seth?"

"Ava, please, don't start." He pleaded to her.

"When the hell did you get a gun, Seth?"  She asked him in shock.

Seth put the gun on his desk and exhaled.  "When you and Sam moved in.  I wanted to have the extra protection."

"But you are openly against gun."  She said to him.

"I know."  He said, frustrated, as he ran his fingers through his hair.  "I know.  But I had to do something.  I promised you I would protect you and Sam and I plan on keeping good on that promise."

"So, you'll use that?"  She asked in disbelief as she pointed to the gun on his desk.

"If I have to, then yes."  He said to her almost in anger.  Then he exhaled.  "I'm sorry.  My head is going a mile a minute.  Today has been a hell of a day, I can't think straight."

She moved over to him as she saw he was exhausted from the day.  She moved against his chest.  Seth quickly held her close.  She looked at the gun sitting on his desk and asked him with a small grin, "Can you even shot that thing?"

"Actually, I have been going to the range a few times a week, practicing."  He confessed.

She pulled back and looked at him in shock.  He shrugged, "I have gotten better."  He gave a slight smile.

She slightly chuckled.  Then her phone rang.  She pulled it out of her back pocket as she saw the caller id saying private number.  Her eyes became fearful again.  It was the third time he called since the first called.  Ava was emotionally spent.  She couldn't deal with talking to him again, even if the cops insisted she needed to.  Seth asked, "Is it him?"

She nodded as she looked at him in fear.  Seth took her phone and walked past her.  He answered it, "Leave Ava alone."  He almost yelled into the phone.

"Well, well.  Finally, I get to talk to the boyfriend.  I was wondering when we would get to met."  Will said, menacingly.

Seth was angry.  "Look, asshole.  You are going to stop calling Ava."

"Or what?"  Will said, almost daring.

"Or I will personally make sure you will never see the light of day."

"Oh, you are spunky.  I like that.  It is a shame I will have to get rid of you, Seth.  I like you."

"I want to see you try."  Seth almost hissed.

"Seems I touched a nerve, Sethy boy."

"Well, you are threatening my family.  I do not take to kindly to that."

"They are not yours!  They are mine!"  Will yelled, angrily.

Seth smiled, knowing he was getting to him.  "Seems I touched a nerve, Will."  He used Will's words against him.

"You will regret that, Seth.  I will be coming for you."  Will threatened.

"And I'll be waiting."  Seth said, coldly.

Seth hung up and looked back at Ava.  She stood there almost shaken.  Seth moved over to her and put his arms around her.  "He will not hurt you or Sam."

Ava just clung onto him as she feared that Will would destroy her family. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ava and Seth laid in bed with Sam.  Seth held Ava as she held onto her son.  She wanted Sam close to her.  Both Ava and Seth were exhausted but couldn't sleep.  Ava stroked Sam's hair as she watched him sleep.  "I don't know what I would do if he hurt Sam."  She finally spoke.

"Shhh."  Seth quickly hushed her.  "None of that.  He will not hurt Sam.  He will not hurt neither of you."

Then she asked, "Why would you put yourself in this position, Seth.  You didn't ask for this."

"And you did?"  He asked her.

"I married him."  She told him.

"Doesn't mean you asked for this.  You didn't know how he would be."  Seth pointed out.

"Okay, but you do know.  So, why allow yourself to be but in this position?"  She again asked.

"Cause, I love you, Ava.  I love you and Sam."  He told her.  "I would go through hell and back for you two."

"Seth, you don't deserve this."  Her voice broke.

"You don't either."  He quickly told her.

"But I can't get away from him.  But you can."  She explained.  Her eyes watered and a tear fell.

"But if that means I have to get away from you, then no.  I'll take my chances with that monster."  He told her.

"I don't want anything to happen to you either, Seth."  She choked out.

"Shhh.  Enough of that.  Stop worrying yourself.  Now, try to get some sleep, as difficult as it may be, you need to try."  Seth said to her.

She laid still in his arms as she tried to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ava woke up, alone in the bed.  It was still dark out and she didn't see Sam or Seth anywhere.  She sat up in the bed and looked around.  She called out, "Sam!  Seth!"

No answer.  She began to worry.  "Sam!  Seth!  Where are you?"  She called out again.

Again no answer.  Then she heard an unwelcomed voice, "Hello, Ava."

She turned to see a dark figure towering over her from the edge of the bed.  It was dark, but she could make out his face and saw it was Will with crazy eyes.  He gave her a menacing smile, then lunged at her as he brought the knife he held up and quickly brought it down.  Ava went to cover herself as she screamed.

Seth quickly shook her as she screamed in her sleep.  She quickly woke up and sat up.  She looked around.  She saw Seth and then looked next to her to see Sam, still sleeping.  She felt the panic still but quickly realized it was just a nightmare.  She looked back at Seth, who looked worried.  She quickly wrapped her arms around him and began to sob.  Seth moved his arms around her as she sobbed against his chest.  Teddy was in the room at this point and asked, "Is everything okay?  I heard screaming."

Seth quickly reassured him as he held Ava, "It's okay.  A bad dream."

Teddy nodded as he quickly left the room.  Seth held Ava as she cried.  The nightmare shook her to the core.  Her sobs finally subsided as he held her close.  "He was here."  She finally muttered.

"It was a bad dream, love.  No one is here."  He reassured her.  He looked down at Sam as the child slept.  He was thankful she didn't wake him with her screams.  Sam would be terrified if he saw his mother like this.

"It felt so real.  His voice, it terrifies me.  Now I am hearing it in my dream."  She said, shaken.

Seth pulled away as he moved a hand to her cheek and said, sincerely, "Now, you listen to me, Ava.  I will not let him hurt you or Sam."

"He will kill you to get to us."  She told him, worried.

He pulled her close to him again.  "I don't care.  I'll take my chances."

She quickly pulled away from him.  "No, Seth!  You didn't sign up for this."

He grabbed her, firmly, and looked at her.  "Ava, I don't care.  I love you.  I love both of you.  I will do what I have to do to protect the both of you.  If anything happened to either of you, I don't want to go on anyways, not without the two of you.  You gave my life meaning.  I told you, I will do whatever it takes to make sure you two are safe again, until my last breath."

She looked at him, knowing he meant what he said.  She just nodded.  Her stomach was knotted up from her nerves.  Seth kissed her on the top of her head and held her again.  Her stomach at this point started to feel like it was doing flips and she began to feel nauseous.  Then she felt very sick.  She pushed Seth away and quickly rushed off the bed to the bathroom.  Seth grew concerned.  He quickly followed her and found her knelt down in front of the toilet, puking.  "Jesus, Ava."  He said out loud as he felt for her.

He walked over to her and held her hair as he bent down behind her as she continued throwing up.  Finally her stomach calmed.  She reached up and flushed the toilet.  She sat back against Seth.  He eased himself to the flood as he held her and she relaxed into him.  They sat on the bathroom floor for a few minutes as he wanted to make sure her stomach was calm.  He asked, "Are you okay?  Are you getting sick?"

She shook her head.  "I get sick when my nerves are completely worked up.  Nothing to be concerned about."

He exhaled as the day definitely took a toll on him as well as her.  He just held her as she seemed extremely exhausted.  He noticed her eyes becoming heavy.  He said, softly, "Come on, let's get you back to bed."

She slowly moved off of him and stood up.  Quickly, Seth stood up and she walked with her to the bedroom.  He helped her back into bed and crawled in next to her.  He held her again as he watched her drift off.  The whole day was a long one at that.  It took a toll on both of them, mentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week was a long one, Seth and Ava took time off work as they felt it would be best.  They even kept Sam out of school as Ava didn't want him away from her.  They stayed in the whole time.  Ava was always keeping a watchful eye on Sam as Seth did the same for the both of them.  One particular night, Seth couldn't sleep as he couldn't most nights during the week.  Sleep deprivation showed as his hair was a mess, his eyes were blood shot, and his face had almost a weeks worth of facial hair.  He was scared what would happen to Ava or Sam.  He couldn't sleep thinking about the danger his family was in.  He decided to get himself a drink to help him sleep.  He got out of bed and walked out of the room.  Teddy and Robert stood as he moved out.  He said to them, "It's okay.  I am getting a drink.  I will be downstairs, stay here and keep a watchful eye over them."

They nodded as he walked away and walked downstairs.  He got to the kitchen and found some Jack.  He took out a glass as he poured himself a drink.  He moved to the living room with his drink and sat on the couch.  He slowly drank his liquor as everything weighed on his mind.  He was deep in thought when he heard a voice ask, "Can't sleep."

He looked up to see Ava standing in the entrance, leaning against the frame of the doorway.  He shook his head.  "Thought a stiff drink might do the trick."  He held up his glass.  Then he asked, "Where is Robert?"

"Upstairs.  I told him to stay, I need a little breather myself."  She told him.  Then she moved off the frame and walked over to him.  She straddled him.  He relaxed into the couch and looked up at her.  "Been a hell of a week, huh?"  She asked him.

He exhaled.  "That is an understatement."

She asked him, "Are you scared?"

He looked at her as he found it hard to be honest with her about it.  Worried what it might make her feel.  But he openly admitted, "Terrified.  Terrified what he will do to you two."

She moved her hands to the side of his head and ran her fingers through his hair.  He looked at her as his heart still skipped a beat with her.  "I love you."  He almost whispered.

She didn't say anything, she just smiled.  She moved in and took his lips.  She could taste the Jack on his lips.  The kiss quickly intensified.  Seth then abruptly pushed her away.  "Babe, I don't think now is the good time.  We both are exhausted and stressed."

She whispered against his lips as she moved in again, "Exactly why now is the best time."

She took his lips again and she deepened it.  He pulled back and breathed, "Ava, please."

She then took his glass from him and moved it to the coffee table.  She then brought her attention back to him.  She moved her forehead on his.  She began to grind her hips against him and he hissed.  She moved a hand to the back of his head as her fingers played in his hair.  He closed his eyes as his breathing became shallow as she moved against him.  She then whispered, "I need you, Seth.  I need to get lost in you, just for a little while.  I want to forget for a moment about our worries.  I need a distraction.  We both do."  Her lips moved closer to his.  "Please, Seth.  Please, let me forget, just for a little while."

He couldn't tell her no anymore as he wanted the distraction as well.  He roughly took her lips as his hands were on her hips as she continued to grind against him.  He moved his hands up to the hem of her tank top and pulled it off her.  They broke the kiss briefly as he took off her tank top.  She wore no bra.  His lips were back on hers as his hands moved over her bare back.  He broke the kiss only to move his lips to his neck.  He kissed and sucked on her neck as she gasped as he did.  She moved her hands to his shirt as she pulled at it.  He pulled back and help her take off his shirt.  His lips went back to her neck as he pulled her close to him to feel her skin against his.  Her fingers ran through his hair as she moaned at the feel of his lips.  He slightly picked her up and turned them so she was laying on the couch.  He gently laid between her legs as he kept attacking her neck.  Her breathing became shallow as she forgot about her worries, as all her focus was on the pleasure he was giving her.  She bucked into him wanting more.  He moved his lips away from her neck and looked down at her.  He gently took her lips and he softly kissed her.  He grind himself into her.  She gasped against his lips.  He then whispered, "Tell me what you want?"

She looked at him in his eyes and said, softly, "Only you."

He looked at her as he saw the love she had for him.  He kissed her again but gently and soft.  She moved her hands to his back and held him tight.  Seth could see how much she needed to get lost in him.  He kissed her as he took his time.  If she wanted a distraction, he was going to make sure it last.  He wanted her to forget as long as he could let her.  He was going to take it slow.  Take his times as she could get lost in him, longer.  He kissed her again, wanting to take his time with her.  He moved his hands to her body again and cupped one of her breast as he massaged it.  She moaned in the kiss.  He broke the kiss and asked her in a whisper, "Do you want more?"

"Yes."  She hissed in lust.

He moved down and took her nipple in his mouth.  He began to suck and nip at her nipple as she moaned and bucked.  She ran her fingers through his hair as her breathing became shallow.  He looked up at her as he continued to please her.  He watched as she moaned, bite her lip, closed her eyes, and grabbed at him.  He was successfully giving her what she wanted, a distraction.  She was so focused on what he was doing, everything else disappeared.  He pulled away from her as he sat up.  She watched him as he moved his hands to her pajama pants.  He grabbed the hem as well as her underwear and started to pull them off as she moved with him to help get her out of the clothing.   He moved his body over her and hovered over her as he looked down at her.  "God, you are beautiful."  He breathed.

She grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him down to kiss him.  Her kisses were feverish.  She couldn't get enough of him.  He moved his hand down her body till it got to her womanhood.  He moved a finger in her folds and inserted it inside her.  She broke the kiss as she gasped.  He moved it inside her.  Her breathing became shallow, she closed her eyes, and arched into his hand.  He watched her moved under his hand wanting to feel more.  He inserted a second digit.  She moaned when he did.  He moved his digits inside her as she moaned and bucked.  She grabbed onto his shoulders as he pleased her.  She wanted a release and he was going to make sure she would.  His breathing also became shallow as he was turned on by watching her.  "Oh my god."  She breathed out as she came around his fingers.

Once she came down from her orgasm, he removed his fingers as her eyes remained closed as she was still in bliss.  She finally opened her eyes and looked up at him.  She moved a hand over his body, down to his groin.  She gently brushed her fingers over his bulge as he gasped at the feel of her fingers and closed his eyes.  She then said, softly, "I want you."

It was all he need to hear.  His lips were on hers again as he kissed her roughly.  She began to pull down his sweatpants as she wanted him.  Seth broke the kiss as he helped her.  They got his remaining clothes off of him and he settled in between her thighs.  He quickly thrusted himself into her and she moaned out.  He closed his eyes at the feel of her around him.  He moved inside of her, roughly.  Her hands were on his back, clawing, wanting more.  He kept moving as he groaned out, "Fuck, baby.  You feel so good."

She said nothing, but her body told him he was what she needed.  She arched and moaned as he kept moving.  He loved the way she moved under him as he moved inside her.  She lifted a leg up and wrapped it around him to allow him to get deeper inside her.  He grabbed her thigh as she did.  He moved his face into her neck and groaned as she felt incredible.  She clawed his back more.  He knew afterwards, his back would be scratched up but he didn't care.  He knew she was close as well as him.  He moved faster and harder.  She moaned as he did.  He moved his arm around her small body as to hold her close.  His face buried in her neck.  He wanted his release but he wanted to feel hers first.  Then, it ripped through her body as the pleasure consumed her.  She screamed out, "Oh, God!"

He felt her muscles tightened around him and he lost control.  He came, hard, inside her as he breathed into her neck, "Fuck."

The both came down and for a brief few moments, all their worries disappeared.  All their stress and fears seem to vanish in that moment, they felt at peace together.  She breathed heavily as he moved his head to her chest.  He could hear her heart race from the high.  Seth's eyes felt heavy.  Sleep deprivation and the amazing sex took it's toll on Seth as he slowly drifted off.  Ava noticed as a part of her wanted to tell them they should head to bed but she knew Seth hadn't slept well in the last week.  She wouldn't dare disturb him as she knew he would get a good nights rest in her arms.  She reached up and grabbed the blanket that was draped over the couch and placed it on their naked bodies.  Seth was out and she was relieved that he could get the sleep he so desperately needed.  She continued to move her fingers though his hair as he slept.  She kissed the top of his head.  She was so consumed with needing him, she almost forgot he needed her sometimes.  Now she held him as he slept, it was what he needed she realized.  They both were so consumed with her needs that neither one of them remembered his.  She wasn't going to do that anymore.  She was going to make sure that Seth's needs were met too from now on.  She wasn't going to be selfish anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 71 24
When Evelyn Miller has finally given up on men altogether Aaron Jones walks into her life making her see things in a whole new light, not only is he...
338K 5.6K 37
In which Olivia McMahon is afraid of love until Seth Rollins makes her feel otherwise.
127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
1.9K 128 27
When 16 year old Hannah meets a boy that she met online she realizes that being friends isn't the only thing either one of them wants. They both want...