Dangerous Lies (boyxboy)

By Insomniatic_love

Life for Ridge had never been calm to say the least. With five siblings and... eccentric parents his home lif... More

Hello!
1. Until Now
2. Sorry Not Sorry
3. It's Not Like You Have to Hide From Everyone
4. Did You Sit in a Pile of Sugar?
5. Don't Be a Dick
6. Not On My Watch
7. You Say Funny Things When You Get Worked Up
8. You Owe Me
9. I Need Your Help
10. Don't Judge a Dick
11. So Far, So Good
12. Ten Minutes Too Long
13. A Boring English Man
14. Read My Mind
15. Daddy
17. Show Them Yours
18. Who Are You?
19. Cat Boxers and All
Stay True

16. WIC

949 54 6
By Insomniatic_love

(Ridge in media just with freckles and green eyes)

Not only was I happy that Sabastian agreed to go on the double date with me, but I was going to meet his sister! They were so close, and I know that she's basically his world. Just the thought of meeting her made me happy. I wanted us to be close, because if I wanted to be with Sabastian the way I imagined, Heather and I would have to be best friends. It just made sense to me!

I hummed as I lifted one foot to itch at my ankle, tilting my head as I looked down at the food I was making. Sabastian was coming over for dinner, somehow trusting me to cook, and I wanted it to actually be edible. So far it smelled really good, and I was proud. I took another glance at the cook book that I telekinetically held in the air. It was kind of pathetic that I needed it, seeing as I was literally just making potato soup. I groaned, I'm pathetic.

My gaze focused on stove as I stirred, zoning out. I jumped at the sound of my door bell and squeaked. My eyes flew to the clock and I started freaking out. It was already seven! Sabastian was here and I'm still cooking. I face palmed and stomped my foot childishly. I couldn't just leave him waiting.

I made my way to the door and threw it open with a wide smile. "Hi Sabastian!"

His smile was awkward and he blushed while looking away. "Hello Ridge." It was cute to watch him look away in embarrassment.

He stepped inside, still not making eye contact and finally cleared his throat. "Um, Ridge?"

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you wearing any pants?" His voice cracked.

I froze and looked down at my body, face heating as I realized that I was not, in fact, wearing any pants. I stood in one of my nicer sweaters and a pair boxer briefs. Socks mismatching and tattoos clear against my pale skin. "Well," I giggled and began to twirl my thumbs, "guess I forgot..."

His laugh was sudden and adorable, but it only served me to blush more. "Go put some pants on you bloke." I nodded and turned for my room, only pausing once in shock when Sabastian spoke. "Beautiful tattoos, by the way."

When I had my bedroom door slammed behind me I scrubbed at my red cheeks, slightly irritated with myself. I wasn't the blushy one in this relationship. My smile was wide, though, as I stared down at my tattooed legs. Black lines and a towering castle. The symmetrical scene covered both my legs, from mid thigh to half way down my shin. I'd drawn the designs myself before taking them to a parlor back in Las Vegas. It'd been a small graduation present. My dad had paid for it, mom never really approved.

Dad and I had always been closer. Mom seemed to gravitate more towards the girls, not  that it was a bad thing. We were all a close family. Lillian, Zandra, Whitney, Alissa, and Jenny. I protected them, they were my little sisters.

When I actually had pants on I went back out into the living room to see Sabastian setting the table and putting the soup into bowls. I smiled as I watched him. He was perfect.

***

"This is really good, Ridge. Thank you for making this." Sabastian smiled at me from across my small table and I focused my eyes down, blushing. "Thanks, but it really isn't. This sort of tastes awful." I looked up and smirked, "Maybe if you'd put a little of your special ingredient in it-"

"Stop speaking!" He yelled, face blazing.

I winked. "Come over here and make me."

He crossed his arms with a pout and muttered furiously under his breath. I giggled and took another bite of food, still staring.

"Hey, Sab?"

His eyes snapped up to meet mine. My grin was wide. "Read my mind."

He opened his mouth, and from the look on his face I knew it was to protest. I threw my hand up and watched his jaw snap closed, my power keeping it there. "Do it." He rolled his blue eyes and then closed them. I felt a nudge at my mind and relaxed, giving him free reign to access my mind. I completely trusted him.

My eyes closed on their own accord and I watched as memories danced across my eye lids. Things that happened days ago, then weeks ago, and finally I saw something that I'd nearly forgotten about. My dad looking down at me through his slanted eyes as I held his hand tightly. The memory of pain made me wince slightly, but I ignored it. I'd just gotten my belly button pierced for my seventeenth birthday (without my mom's permission) and now my dad and I were getting lunch. The images were fast moving, flicking from the parlor to the diner within seconds. My dad and I laughing, him nudging me when I kept staring at the waiter's ass. IT's been such a fun day.

When the memories stopped and my mind was clear of Sabastian I opened my eyes. My boyfriend smiled at me as I laughed. "Your dad seems great, I can't wait to meet him. Thank you for letting me see into your mind." I leaned across the table and pecked Sabastian's cheek. "He'll love you."

"What's his name again?"

"San, San Akabane." I answered. "You'll get along so well! After Heather visits, we can see my family. Our Christmas break is long, we'd have plenty of time!" 

Sabastian smiled and nodded, making me squeal as I thought of how fun this next month would be.

***

It'd been a week since mine and Sabastian's disastrous dinner date and I was shopping for when Heather would be here. Classes had stopped since Christmas break had started and Heather was going to be here in two days. The only reason I was shopping was because I really wanted to convince Sabastian to bring her over and make dinner at my apartment.

I smiled at the cashier as she handed me back my change and made my way outside where the sun was already setting. This wasn't surprising seeing as I'd procrastinated all day and it was now late. I tightened my hand around the shopping bag as I made way towards the back of the parking lot. Not particularly focused on anything, humming off tune when suddenly I was grabbed. Fingers tightened around my arm and I was jerked backwards, a hand covering my mouth. I was too shocked to even try anything, barely struggling as I was dragged backwards and into some sort of vehicle. I looked around, finally registering what was happening as saw that I was now in the back of what was obviously a van.

The man who stood over me, I knew him! It was the guy from the bar, the one who'd tried to hurt Sabastian. What was happening?

Just as I was about to use TK he shoved a gun at me, the cold barrel pressing against my forehead. I was frozen, mouth hanging open as death was dangled right in front of me. I could die right now. The man smiled, it looking more like a leer.

"Hi, Ridge. I'm Drew Brant, a Watcher." My face drained and I felt tears collect in my eyes. I was going to die.

"You're going to listen to me and not use those disgusting abilities of yours. Got me?" I was frozen, just staring up at him. He glared and dug the gun into my forehead. "Nod if you understand."

I nodded and felt a tear slip down my cheek. If he was a Watcher, then the government must know about me. My dad had done such a good job of protecting my sisters and me, and I ruined it.

"So, lucky for you, WIC doesn't know about you." Though that was a relief, I didn't feel all that assured. "It will remain that way if you do exactly as I say." My lips trembled as I nodded.

"From here on out, you're going to be my... informant, and help me when I need it. I'm going to get ahold of you again pretty soon, and you're going to give me a list of ability wielders in the area." His words chilled me to the bone and my blood froze solid in my veins. I couldn't do that. That would basically make me a murderer.

His beady eyes narrowed into a glare, but a smirk slowly spread across his face. "If you're thinking about defying me, more of your family will die." I felt more tears run down my cheeks, fear settling deep inside me. Then I gasped and tried to sit up, ignoring the gun. I was pushed back down, though. What did he mean by more?

"You should expect a call from your family soon." The Watcher said. The next thing I knew he had turned and opened the van door before throwing me out of it. I watched in fear and shock as the van drove away.

Someone in my family was dead.

***

"Mom? What's wrong?" My voice cracked.

I heard her sob through the phone. "Honey, your father- he's dead!"

A/N

FINALLY UPDATED!

Love you all, don't kill me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.7K 22
FANTASY/ROMANCE After facing a near death experience as a child, Stan has been searching for the one who saved him, but with no luck. Now aged 25, h...
15.3K 1.2K 29
VAMPIRE/ROMANCE How does it feel to be caught between humanity and the darkness? For John and his brother Jamie it is a torture. Keeping up the dail...
M-13 By JL

General Fiction

182K 10.7K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...
105K 7.5K 55
Growing up in chaos isn't simple for all. Not many could cope. They would struggle and kick, but ultimately drown. However, for Dakota, that was his...