Love Punishment

By Twinklingmeghs

She never loved him. For her, he was her punishment; Her love punishment. A day changed their life, neither... More

||00. Love Punishment||
|Trailer|
||1. The Engagement ||
||2. A call which brought smile||
||3. Unknowingly his||
||4. Her betrayal||
||5. Broken Heart||
||6. Swara Sanskar Maheshwari||
||8. Unexpected relation||
||9. Am I right?||
||10. She's hiding something ||
||11. His care||
||12. Her fear||
||Fragile Heart ||
||13. A small change||
||14. Unexpected Guest||
||15. Entry of cupid||
||16. Falling for Her||
☆Shout out☆
|| Cover||
||17. Love is feeling ||
||18. Flying over Friendly Skies||
||19. When Love takes over||
||20. His Idiot, her duffer ||
||21. Myriad of emotions||
||22. Past knocking at present||
||23. Something's better left unsaid||
||24. The things he didn't know||
||25. The Story Only He Didn't Know||
||26. Over and out||
||26. Life Goes On||

||7. Wedding gift||

2.5K 131 82
By Twinklingmeghs

"When two people are meant to be together,
no force on earth can separate them, not even they."

☆▪☆▪☆

Playlist: Pyar ya saza

*****

Swara was swarmed with press people asking her how she felt about marrying her sister's groom. Sanskar immediately come to her side and embraced her, "Sadly I had to end my relationship with Kavita after the engagement. We felt we aren't compatible and parted ways. It has nothing to do with Swara. As they say, best friends become best couples. I'm giving this relationship chance. Let destiny decide our future."

Then came the time for her to leave home, the place she was born and lost her first love.

"Shona, my blessing will be there for you always and my child. Don't be sad. Sanskar will take care of you as we do. You will be a happy dear and we love you, Shona." A lone tear falls from her eyes as she heard her grandma. Even if her grandma forced her into marriage, her love for her never dwindled. She only hated her sister for the mess, not her family.

She was about to break down, but her father gives her support. Swara was numb; not knowing how to react.

Meanwhile, her mother keeps her hands on her head. Swara looks at her, then averted her eyes to her father facing him.

Abruptly, her father hugged her, "Thank you dear. You made me proud, my child. Take care," his voice cracked with emotions.

Those were tears that she never wanted to see, her dad's distress, for whom she sacrificed her love. She clasped her father and cried. Her mother patted her shoulder, and Swara saw tears strolling down her cheek. But she wiped it instantly.

"Look you are crying like a child Shona. Don't be sad, you are not going away from us. You are going to be a part of Sanskar's family. There is no need for these tears. You will be happy there. I knew it all happened of a sudden. But this marriage is now the truth. You have to give all respect to it. One day you will understand whatever happened is for your good." Her mother said, sobbing. She wipes tears from Swara's eyes.

Swara nodded her head reluctantly. Her mind could not process things. She knows this all is real and she had to accept this. But back in her mind, she still wishes it all a nightmare. However, the truth is the truth.

She had to accept it.

Now she has to go away from her family to her husband's home for starting a new life. After losing her love, it was hard for her to accept it. Tears are flowing down her cheeks, there is no way it gonna stop any moment.

_______________________________________________

Tears were rolling in Swara's eyes. Sanskar felt someone stabbing his heart seeing her state. It is hard to accept going far from the place they were born and raised.

Why are always girls meant to sacrifice?

Why do they need to leave the place where they have grown up? Family and everything was left behind, a new family welcoming her.

He pities the girls' parents for how they were compelled to send part of them. Twenty years whom they cared for and loved, treated like a princess is leaving them. Their feelings are hard to explain. In marriage more than happy, the bride's family feels sad as their daughter is no more theirs.

Only girls have the superpower to leave their homes and adjust to another family after marriage.

Not knowing what to do he stood near the car watching Swara. She's crying vigorously and from her face, one can know she is becoming weak. He moved a little closer to Swara and put her hand across her shoulder to give her support. Swara looked at him. But she was not shocked or angry.

She was lifeless wishing for support. All smiled looking at them. Sharmishta and Shekar give the newly wedded couple a blessing.

"Sanskar she is our kid. We treated her like a princess. I'm sure she will be safe in your hands. She never tells her wants and needs. Understand her Son and try to fulfill it. You know her since childhood, and she takes the time to adjust to this new relationship which is unexpected for her. She is my life, I'm giving you part of mine. Take care of her son." Her father said putting his hand on Sanskar's head.

Mr. Shekar Gadodia is a renowned businessman, but his priority has always been family. He's broken today as his daughter going away from him. Though he did not show, he was most hurt by Kavita eloping on the eve of a wedding. Kavita was his pride, she has broken it. Now departure from Swara was breaking him. But for society's sake, this marriage was necessary.

"Take care of yourself too Sanskar," Sharmishta said, cupping his face.

Then she gazed over at Swara, "Shona it's your duty to take care of your Husband. Be a happy child. We are proud of you." She said giving a weak smile.

He holds Swara's hand and took her to the car. Swara turned back and looks at her family and silent tears are flowing through her eyes. They get into the car. He's sitting in the passenger seat with her. Swara looked out of the car window at her family and bid bye till they disappeared from their sight.

The car was moving slowly. Silence filled in the car. Swara scooted over to the window feeling the breeze. She wanted someone to wake her up. At any moment now, Kavita would come into her room, shaking her so that she would wake up.

It did not happen, she did not come and no one woke her up. Kavita had abandoned her, left her to the worst of fates and here she was in a car, married to the man who was supposed to be her sister's husband.

Through the mirror, he noticed she was on the verge of crying, a lone tear falling from her eyes.

"Take care of her son," her father's words reverberate in his ears. He offered his hankie to Swara. She looked at him, his eyes pierced hers. They shared a different eye lock. Doubts, confusion and so many feelings going through their mind.

Swara took the hankie from his hand and wiped her tears. The rest of their journey went in silence.

The car comes to a halt outside Maheshwari Mansion. Swara had been there a couple of days with her family but never had the place looked so daunting, so intimidating. Had the day gone as planned and Kavita had arrived instead of her.

Sanskar stepped out of the car and opens the door for Swara. Just as she was getting out of the car, she stepped on her skirt and stumbled. She would have hit the ground if it weren't for Sanskar holding her. Concern crammed in his eyes, "You must be tired." Swara emancipated from him and moved away, keeping distance between them.

Her face was devoid of emotions. It wasn't the first time she coming to the Maheshwari mansion. She had been there many times yet that place never looked daunting and intimidating as now.

His mother was standing at the entrance of the home with some other ladies and welcomed wholeheartedly them. They entered the home after rituals.

After entering a home, Swara took the blessing of everyone. Uttara brings sweetness to her. "Don't be shy and feed sweets to your wife," Annapoorna said, looking at Sanskar.

He feeds sweet to her. Everyone applauded for them. Swara holds her hand indicating to him it's enough. So he stopped. She then feeds sweets to him. Then Uttara said "selfie time" and clicked many photos of them.

After completing post-marriage rituals, he's about to move to his room feeling exhausted. But a voice stopped me.

"Stop," All turns towards Uttara.

"Now playtime. Bhai, bhabhi come." He tried to protest. But Uttara is being Uttara, stubborn, and always does what she wants. She took none of their reluctance and dragged them forcefully to center the of the hall.

"So this time for a play. Sound's good Nah?"

All guests shift their attention to Uttara.

"So I want some more people for this game along with my Bhai and bhabhi." It was uncomfortable for them, but they could not deny her wish. Some youngsters come forward.

"So the game is Never I have ever. Got some idea Nah? If not I will tell you the rules of the game. All are thirsty, right? So we can have a drink now."

Waiters came with drinks and handed them over to all those who are playing the game including Swara and Sanskar.

"Don't drink now. So the game is one can say a thing which they never did in their life like I never meet SRK. All those who met SRK can sip the drink. So you got a game right?" she said explaining the game.

"Who will take the first turn?" Uttara asks.

A girl came in front and said, "I never had ice cream at midnight."

Some of them took a sip. Sanskar's jaw dropped as Swara too took a sip. She looked lost remembering something, and a tear appeared in her eyes. But she instantly wiped it.

How come she had Ice-cream at midnight?

Sanskar is just numb he never had ice cream at midnight. Next, a boy came "I never bunk any classes." Swara took the next sip. Sanskar thought of his fun moments in college and took a sip.

Next came a girl, "I never kissed anyone." All suddenly shift their gaze to Swara in shock as Swara took a sip of juice. She looked down in nervousness biting her lower lip.

Annapoorna interrupted the game, "Uttara enough now let them take rest."

____________________________________________

Swara was exhausted after so many rituals. Uttara holds her by the shoulder walking her to Sanskar's room and kept cracking a crass double-meaning joke, teasing her about the wedding night. But thankfully Annapoorna interrupted and scolds Uttara to be quiet.

"Swara, we're glad that you agreed to save the family from scandal. I liked you more than Sanskar. I hope you learn to love him. Take your own time for adjusting things. I know it must be difficult to accept the fact who was brother-in-law some days is now your husband. But, honey, accept the truth and try to move this new relationship. I know you will not disappoint us. Remember you are my strong daughter." She blessed Swara keeping her hand on her head. They left the place leaving her all alone in his (her new) room.

Her eyes scanned the room, she gawked to see how it was decorated. Fragrant small candles on the table and rose petals scattered on the bed. She tossed out the bedsheet cleaning petals from it. Also removed the candle from the room. After rearranging the room, she went to the washroom to change her clothes and freshen up.

She spent a long time in the bathroom as she was tired both physically and mentally. A lot of things happened in a day and she needed to ponder hard on them, "Why god? Why you have done this to me?" Her mind was a complete mess.

"You are my heartbeat. Without you, Sahil is nothing," his words echoed in her ears. All moments spent with Sahil flash in front of her eyes. She sobbed recalling their shopping incident.

Seeing a rose petal on the ground near her, she took it in hand and remembered Sahil's proposal. Her heart ached at those sweet memories. Her life is ruined in love.

She was sleeping on the bed reminiscing how her life drastically changed in one day. From being joyfully preparing for her sister's marriage to being a bride. Her eyes were transfixed on the wedding dress she just discarded. That belongs to her sister. Everything now she has belongs to her. The sound of the opening door made her jump off of the bed.

The room was dark. Only a small lump was turned on. But the darkness in the room was nothing in comparison to the darkness on Swara's face. With every step bringing him closer to her, her heart clenched with fear. She has been alone with him many times. But now the thought of being alone with him in his room frightens me. She tried not to look at him.

"Swara" he called, in a somewhat nervous tone. She looked up to realize that he was as anxious as her. She wondered if this was going to be different. Her biggest fear was her wedding night. The night she's going to share a bed with a person she's not in love with.

He was her father's friend's son, who lived in Bangalore, while his parents lived in Mumbai. Her father wanted their friendship should never break so he thought to make a permanent relationship with him. He gave a promise to Sanskar's dad. So her father fixed his alliance with Kavita. While Kavita was calm. They took her silence as acceptance and that tied them in relation. Everything happened in the blink of an eye.

Swara knows him since childhood so she and Sanskar shared a great bond. Things turned different when he became her brother-in-law. But she treated him more than BIL, her best friend. Or that was what she thought.

But destiny had another plan. It made her fairy tale story the worst nightmare one could have. It made her marry her BIL.

And people called them a destined couple!

She always criticized the people who loved someone and married another one. But she has done the same. It wasn't like she had a choice other than marrying Sanskar.

He came and sat next to her, "I know how you must feel now. And you need time to adjust here. Take your own time. I won't touch you without your permission".

She mustered up all her strengths and took a deep breath, "I want a divorce." She demanded. She saw emotions flickering in his eyes. How could he expect his bride will demand a divorce on the wedding night? No one will expect such a wedding gift ever!

Continue Reading