Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 60: First and Last

1.8K 44 2
By nyce_gurl

DARA'S POV

I turned my head sideways when i heard my alarm, it says 6am. I gazed back to the white ceiling that i've been staring at since last night. I didn't sleep, or should i say i can't sleep. I've been thinking of various ways to help my father. So far i can't think of anything. I know i'm weak and there's no way i can fight them. I can't ask help from anyone, that will only make things worst. If i go there, it might be the end of me but i have to do this.

I stood up from my bed and take a quick shower before going out of my room. I headed towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the boys. They've been working so hard to help me, this is the least i could do to return the favor. I prepared all their favorites and made sure to finish on time before they get out of their beds. I'm done after an hour and since its still early, i head back to my room to prepare my stuff for later. I only have hours left, i should be ready anytime soon.

I went back to the kitchen and found Daesung and Taeyang already sitting on the dining table. They've been the contant early birds since i started living with them.

"Good morning noona!" Daesung cheerfully greeted.

"Good morning Daesung-ah, how's sleep?" I asked as i walked near the table.

"It was good and refreshing. I feel recharged." He said smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey Dara, did you cook all these?" Taeyang asked while scanning the food on the table.

"Uhmm, yeah. Its all your favorites." I said and saw his eyes smile.

"You don't have to you know." I heard a deep baritone voice spoke from my back. I turned around and saw Top together with Bom and Seungri standing by the door. I think they just woke up.

"Dara, is this really you?" Bom commented as she placed her palm on top of my forehead which i lightly slapped away.

"Yes it is Bommie. Aisht!"

"Noona! These looks delicious!" Seungri excitedly said as he quickly sat beside Daesung and grabbed a strip of bacon. Taeyang swatted his hands away and reprimanded him.

"Can't you wait? The leader's not here yet." He said and glared at him.

"Its ok, you guys can start eating." We all turned to the direction of where the voice came from and saw Jiyong leaning beside the door frame looking fresh as ever. He looks like he just came out of the shower. My heart skipped a beat when his eyes immediately landed to me.

He walked towards my direction and circled his arms around my waist before kissing my cheek. "Good morning babe." He whispered on my ear before he leaned back a little. He smell so good i felt my cheeks burning again. He gestured me to sit beside him and all of them stared at us in awe.

"Why did you cook for us? We have people to do it, you don't have to do this." Jiyong said as he took the bowl of rice and place some on my plate.

"Its just my little way of saying thank you for all your hard work. You guys have been working so hard to help me. Let me return the favor by doing this to you." I said as i bowed my head to them.

"Its nothing, really. We're doing this because we want to Dara." Top said and smiled back.

"Yes Noona. He's right. We want to help you from the bottom of our hearts." Seungri dramatically said as he clutched his chest for added effect. Taeyang smack his head as he shook his head.

"From the bottom of our hearts? Really?" He said.

"Yes hyung, deep deep down in our hearts." Seungri added. I saw Jiyong glared at him which made him jump on his seat.

I held Jiyong's hand under the table to calm him down and i thank the heavens that it worked. I don't know what will happen to Seungri if it didn't.

They all started eating the food i prepared and chatting once in a while. I smiled as i watched them enjoy each other's company. I don't know if i'll still be able to witness these in the future. I felt my eyes well up but i immediately averted my gaze towards the food in front of me to prevent my tears to fall. I felt Jiyong's hand on mine this time as he looked at me with worried eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile, hoping he won't notice the pain i've been feeling since last night. I leaned near his ear and whispered something i've never thought of asking.

"Can we have a date later?" I asked quietly that only the two of us can hear. I leaned back and chuckled when i saw his face looking shocked, mouth agape. His eyebrows went up and looked at me intently, as if asking if i mean what i said. I nodded my head repeatedly and saw his most beautiful smile his face could ever make.

"What's with you guys? You look....creepy." Bom interrupted our moment as both of us looked at her at the same time. We chuckled and continued eating while ignoring her scrutinizing eyes.

When we're done, i volunteered to wash the dishes but Jiyong strongly disagreed. He said that he will just ask the maid to do it and he dragged me to my room to prepare for our date. He told me he will wait for me at the lobby for an hour.

I prepared myself and was done for 30 minutes. I fix all my stuff in my bag ready to go but before i left my room, i took something from my bag and left it on top of my bed.

I went outside and immediately head towards the elevator. I know this is our first date, i should feel excited and all but my current situation hinders me to feel it. As i stepped inside the elevator, i remembered how i react whenever i rode this thing. It usually gives me the creeps, but now, i somehow overcome the scary feeling and replaced it with good memories. And its all because of Jiyong. He unconsciously helped me in so many ways and i am very grateful for that. I'm very lucky to have known someone like him. And even if our first encounter wasn't really nice, what's important is how we ended up like what we are right now, happy and contented. It's just so sad that it has to end so soon.

The sound of a ding resonated inside the elevator when i reached the ground floor. I took a deep breath before heading out to the lobby. As expected, he's already waiting for me near the entrance, his back facing me. He already looked nice just by staring at his mere back, and i'm sure he will be thrice as gorgeous when he face me. My prediction came true when he twisted around to look at me. This man must really be a heaven's sent for i haven't seen someone as handsome and charismatic as him. I don't know what i've done in the past to deserve someone like him.

"Hey, you finished early. That's new." He teased when he spotted me walking towards his direction.

"I'm already prepared even before i cooked you guys breakfast." I answered smiling at him.

"Really? You're that excited huh?" He teased some more. He's in a good mood today. It adds up to my guilt feeling i've been holding in since this morning. My heart constrict when i saw him smiled at me. "So, do you have any suggestions where to go?" He asked as he draped his arms around me.

I placed my finger under my chin as if thinking. "What about amusement park?" I suggested as i look at him.

"That sounds good." He agreed and led me outside the building where the car is waiting for us. He opened the passenger seat as i immediately hopped inside. He walked around the car and entered the driver's seat. "Buckle up." He said as i remembered the first time he said that. My eyes became misty and immediately looked outside the window for him not to see. "Hey."

"Yeah?" I answered as soon as i recovered.

"Why did you suddenly ask me out?"

I was taken aback with his question. I composed myself before i thought of a good answer. "Why? Am i not allowed to ask my boyfriend out?"

"No, i mean, why so sudden? I didn't expect that from you considering the situation now." He asked still focused on the road.

"Well I just...i just want to take a break from all that's been happening." I said hoping he will buy it. To be honest, since i don't know if i'l still be able to make it alive, i want to spend this last time with him.

"You're right. I'l make sure you'll enjoy this date then." He said as he pinched my cheek and smiled at me. The smile i've fell in love with.

We arrived at our destination and immediately walked out of the car. I stopped midway when he abruptly pulled me back. "Leave your backpack inside the car. You won't feel comfortable carrying that. Its too bulky. What's in there anyway?" He asked as he tried to get it away from me and check what's inside.

I snatched it away from his grasp and put it back on securely. "Its nothing. Let's go inside. I want to try every ride they have." I excitedly said to change the topic. Fortunately, he let go of the topic and followed me towards the entrance. I pulled out my wallet to get some money for the ticket but he gently swatted my hands away telling me its on him. I let it go knowing that i won't win against him if i still pushed it.

We tried every single ride our eyes landed on not caring if our stomachs flipped upside down. Some rides were definitely hardcore that even Jiyong almost thought twice of riding it. I laughed at his reaction the moment it was over. "Let's try that one!" I said as i pointed at the giant roller coaster in front of us.

"Aren't you tired already? We tried almost all the extreme, not to mention, dangerous rides in here." He said while scratching his head.

"Nope. Not a bit."

"What about food? Aren't you hungry?"

"Hmm, are you scared of the roller coaster Jiyongie?" I teased him as i furrowed my brows letting it up and down. His eyes bulged out as if he got caught on doing something bad.

"No! Of course not! Why will i be scared? Duh! I'm just worried we haven't had lunch yet." He said defensively. I looked at him suspiciously as he averted his gaze everywhere but me.

"Fine. Let's go eat. I'm starving!" I said momentarily which made him sighed in relief. I clung my hands under his arm and pulled him towards where the food stalls are located. Its a weekday so there's only a few people lounging on the area.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked as he scanned the place looking for something good to eat. I pulled him to the hotdog stand and ordered two for both of us. "Wait, we can't eat this."

"Why not?"

"Because we need something heavy, not some junkfoods." He shook his head and tried pulling me from my spot but i didn't budge.

"If we eat something heavy, it won't stay inside our stomachs for too long. We still need to finish all the rides here." I whined like a kid and pouted at the end of my little drama. It looks like it worked on him for he immediately nodded his head in approval. I grin in triumphant and took our orders from the ahjussi before taking a seat at the nearby benches. "Ahh, this is fun." I said between bites.

"Yeah, haven't you been in amusement parks before?" He asked as he took a bite as well. I pulled a tissue from my bag and wiped the sauce smudged on his lips and cheeks. He grinned and kissed my hand after.

"If i did, i don't remember anymore." I said. Ever since i was a kid, i didn't remember appa bringing me to amusement parks before. I always wanted to try going here but i don't get the chance even once.

"Good thing we went here then." I heard him say as he looked into the distance, watching the kids running around.

"Yeah, even for the last time." I said more to myself.

"What?" He asked as she looked at me with a frowned face.

"Hmm? Nothing. I said i'm glad we did this." I said and gave him a megawatt smile. I am going to miss this.

We continued roaming around and trying the remaining rides until we didn't notice it was already 7 in the evening. "Let's go at the deck." He said as he abruptly pulled me by the hand.

"Why? What's in there?"

"Just come with me, faster." He said and i didn't asked anymore and just followed him. We reached the deck and stayed there for a while. He stared at the dark sky smiling while i was staring at him, admiring his beautiful face. "Wait for it Jagiya." He suddenly said still staring at the distance. I finally diverted my gaze to where he was looking. I got startled when fireworks began to light the whole sky.

"Omo! Fireworks!!" I shouted and pointed my fingers up the sky. "It's beautiful..."

"Like you.." i heard Jiyong said and caught him staring at me this time. Heat crawled up in my cheeks more when he suddenly went behind me and back hugged me. "I love you Dara."

I turned my head sideways and looked at him. "I love you more Jiyong. Always remember that." I said, my eyes starting to well up again so i immediately looked in front to watch the fireworks. I held his arms around me tighter and leaned backward. I wish this moment never ends, that time will stop and both of us will be stuck like this forever, holding each others arms. Unfortunately for us, time ticks and its uncontrollably fast. Only few hours left before i have to go and save my father. How i wish i can tell him everything, but i can't put anyone else's life in danger.

The sky darkens signifying the fireworks has ended. Its time to leave.

Jiyong pulled my hand and gestured us towards the parking lot. "Jiyongie, go on ahead. I'l just go to the restroom." I said as i pulled my hand away from his grasp.

"I'l go with you. I have to go too."

"Oh really? Ok then." We both went to the restroom but i immediately hugged him before he went inside. "I love you my Jagiya." I whispered to him as i heard him chuckled.

"Can't get enough of me?" He teased. I nodded my heard and that made him chuckled more. He kissed my cheek before we both let go. I saw his retreating back and waited for him to get inside. I took that chance to leave. I walked away from the place and started sprinting out of the premises before he went out. Let me save my father this time Jiyong, you've done more than enough to help me. Now its my turn.

-------
3rd PERSON'S POV

Dara went to the nearest public restroom to change. She was in a hurry for she only have few hours to prepare. She went out and immediately hailed a cab. She gave the address to the driver and began rummaging her bag to look for her phone. She immediately turned it off so no one can reach her, not yet. She again looked inside her bag and get everything that will help her later and place it inside her hidden pockets. When she's done, she placed her bag underneath the car seat discreetly so the driver won't notice.

She instructed the driver to park a good distance away from the place. She paid him and stepped out of the cab.

"Are you going to be ok here agassi? Its a bit isolated here and dark." The taxi driver asked looking concerned for her.

"I'm ok adjussi. Thank you and take care." Dara said and immediately bowed to him. She watched as the taxi sped off.

She walked towards the gate of what looks like an abandoned mansion and began to feel suspicious. Its too quiet and she can't see anyone guarding the place. She peeked inside and tried scanning the place but still none. She stepped back and thought of walking around the mansion but the moment she did, her back bumped into something hard, and next thing she knew, darkness covered her line of vision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 284 14
Sandara Park's ultimate crush is Kwon Jiyong. She and Jiyong were hitting it off well, although she still has the mean and bully Choi Seunghyun who t...
1.9K 39 7
Jiyong being a mafia boss was never a problem for Dara; she accepted him as it is. She was happy with him beside her. Even when he would shut himself...
4.8K 71 5
Ji Yong and Dara we're close friends when they are young, but Ji Yong has a secret crush on Dara that no one knows but him. It is hard for Ji Yong to...
43.2K 1.5K 57
Bad Boy. Good Girl. Doctor. Nurse. Together. Apart. Fated? Or Not?