Our Modern Fairytale (ZM) [CO...

By Mumal16

WINNER OF THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017. Ranked #1 out of 77.1k Zayn stories, April 26 2020. Ranked #1 out of 25... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Last Chapter/Epilogue.
Last Author Note.
My other books.
Omg read this!

Chapter 16.

2.6K 258 199
By Mumal16

Finally. I don't know whether to be happy or sad for finally returning back to home. The whole ride from the hospital to the house was so awkward; with Aunt Georgia being so nice and sweet with me. Most of the times I found myself choking on air when she addressed me as "sweetie or honey" or even kissed my cheek. Trust me no one chokes on air but I did because I was beyond shocked to see the person who beats me up, kiss me and instead of calling me mean names, addressing me with sweet pet names. I don't know if she's changing or something is fishy. Her behaviour was so phony. Never in my seventeen and a half years did she give me a genuine smile. Even when my parents were alive and she visited us, she used to get annoyed with everything I did and occasionally glared at me to make me stay away from her even though I was just a kid.

My thoughts get interrupted as soon as I feel my phone vibrate on my stomach. Turning on the screen, I roll my eyes playfully when the number pops up on my screen. Zayn. As soon as I got into the car with my aunt, Zayn, the weirdo, has been sending me text messages to check up on me. Even though I reached home safely, his texts didn't stop. He has been continuously asking me about Amber's behaviour towards me. I don't know whether to find this cute or annoying. But whatever I think about it, it doesn't stop from forming a smile on my lips whenever I feel my phone vibrate due to his his texts.

Weirdo: You alright?

Me: The same answer to the same question you have asked me for the 20th time today; YES. I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry.

Weirdo: If anyone does anything just text me or call me or do anything to inform okay?

Me: Can I say something?

Weirdo: Yeah? Is everything okay?

A chuckle escapes from my lips as I shake my head to myself reading his texts.

Me: what I want to say is......ZAYN STOP WORRYING I'M PERFECTLY FINE GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Weirdo: okay okay chill. I'm just worried.

Me: I know you are. But nothing bad will happen, but if anything is wrong, I'll call you or something okay?

Weirdo: Promise?

Me: Promise.

Me: Now go do your homework.

Weirdo: As if I do "homework" L-O-L babe.

Me: SAY "Hi" to the detention tomorrow then "babe".

Weirdo: As long as you are going to join me eh "babe"? ;)

Me: Keep on dreaming "babe". Bye now weirdo.

After getting a bye text from him, I place my phone under the pillow and decide to close my eyes for a while but stop when I notice Aunt Georgia standing at the doorway with her arms crossed on her chest. I have no idea for how long she has been standing here.

"Uhm, do you need something?" I awkwardly ask, sitting up on my bed and notice her eyebrow arched up as she walks over to my bed, her hand reaching for my phone under the pillow. I watch her actions quietly, as she opens my phone (yeah, well thanks to me for not having a password on my phone in THIS house).

"What are you doing?" I ask her cautiously, as she continues to scroll through something on my phone. Squinting my eyes, I get up from my bed to take away my phone from her but she beats me to it, tossing my phone on the bed.

"I assume it was Zayn. Wasn't it?" She asks with a blank look on her face. I can't quite tell if she's pissed off or unbothered. Her expressions show nothing but her tone sounded a bit harsh. I nod my head slightly.

Her eyebrow raises up again and I see the a glint of anger in her eyes. Making me take a step back from her but I only hit the bed behind me. "So he knows what we do to you?" She asks dangerously calmly.

I shake my head at her question. Zayn doesn't know how they treat me. He just knows about what Amber did to me two days ago.

"Then why the hell is he talking about Amber like that?!" She suddenly yells, making me flinch as I ready myself to get hit somewhere.

"H-he j-just knows that A-amber did this all...to me." I stutter, getting terrified of her reactions. My body is just recovering from all those previous hits, I can't afford to get new ones now.

My heart beat and breathing fastens when she takes slow steps towards me. Her hand raises up and I tilt my head to the side, thinking she will hit me on my face but instead she grabs my shirt, pulling me closer to her.

"If. You. Tell. Him. Anything. You. Will. Forever. Regret. Opening. Up. Your. Mouth." She puts emphasis on each and every syllable, speaking through gritted teeth. "Do you understand that?!" She yells in my face, shaking me harder and I yell a "Y-yes.", terrified of her.

She pushes me on my bed making me stumble as I breathe heavily, trying to regain my breathing. I cover my face with both of my palms not wanting to see her anymore. I can feel the lump in my throat and my eyes starting to get watery but I ignore the feeling, not wanting to cry.

"IF I see you talking to that boy AGAIN, trust me Maire, you'll see the worst of me." She says, before picking up my phone and throwing it against the wall causing a loud thud and making it fall to the ground and crack.

Uncovering my face, I look up at her to see the anger evident on her features, then back at my broken phone. I roll my hands into fists on either sides of me, clutching the white bed sheet in them tightly.

Don't break down. Don't break down.

It becomes like my personal mantra which I keep chanting in my head. Before glaring at me for the last time, she exits my room not before making sure to step on my phone with her heels which God knows why she is still wearing, completely squishing my phone.

As soon as she slams the door hard, a stray tear finally comes out of my eyes, making me wipe it off my cheek roughly before walking over to my phone and sit on the floor with my back resting against the wall and hugging my knees closer to my body. I let my head fall on my knees as I close my eyes letting tears fall and gradually drifting off to sleep.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I feel light kisses on the top of my head, making me slowly open my eyes to find myself snuggled with someone. My eyes are having a severe inflammation, making it hard for me to open them properly. Thanks to the headache as well.

I feel an arm on my shoulders, pulling me closer to their body as I rest my head on their shoulder.

"Tell me exactly what happened." Zayn softly speaks, resting his head on my head as we both are sitting on the floor, snuggled with each other. Trust me it feels good. Even if someone barges in my room right now and beats me to death, it'll be worth it because I don't want to change this moment or position for anything.

I can feel his chest rising up and falling in a fast speed as if he is trying to stay calm, but he is not. I place the palm of my hand on his chest, right above his heart to feel it beating rapidly.

It would be an understatement to say that mine is normal. It's beating in the same exact way as his.

"What's wrong?" I ask him softly, lifting up my head to meet his hazel eyes with my hand still placed on his chest.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Your heart," I say, looking into his eyes. Is it just me or his pupils are dilating, while looking at me? I think I've completely lost it. Pupils can't just dilate while looking at someone like that. "It's beating really fast."

He looks away from me, playing with the hem of his shirt before taking a deep breathe and picking up my broken phone in his hand. "Care to explain how this happened?" He asks.

I quietly look at him and then at my phone, biting my lower lip before giving out a huge breathe and again resting my head on the wall behind. "Aunt Georgia doesn't want me to be in contact with you. So this is what happened." I answer, closing my eyes. The only sound surrounding us is of the clock ticking on the wall and Zayn's foot's impatient tapping against the floor.

"I knew something was wrong when your phone was coming turned off. I tried to contact you many times so in the end, I finally sneaked into your house." He explains, making me look at him with my eyebrow arched up.

I can't believe he would do that for ME. I can't even imagine how he would've felt after having my phone turned off. For a fact, I know he cares for me. He didn't just tell me that but he proved it many times whenever I needed any help. He's been there for me.

"How come no one stopped you from coming inside?" I ask him, curiously. Aunt Georgia forbid me from seeing him, how can she let him in her house? That's weird.

His famous smirk finds it's way on his lips as he wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Amber let me in. Your aunt and Tyler have gone for shopping."

"Tell me you didn't threaten her to get inside?" I ask him with wide eyes. This guy can be unbelievable sometimes especially when it comes to Amber. At first he does frickle frackle with her in the room next to mine, making me witness everything, and then he's threatening her because of me. The fact of Amber and Zayn having sex somehow brings a frown on my face as I feel something weird. I don't like the idea of it. I don't even want to think about it.

"It's because you are getting jealous, love." Zayn says, snapping me out of my thoughts, winking at me. Oh good lord, I again said it aloud. What is it with me speaking my thoughts loudly?

"You do it when you are nervous, or thinking too much." He says, shrugging his shoulders, making me turn my whole body to face him. I again said it aloud. "Also, no, I didn't threaten Amber, she quietly let me inside when I asked her about you."

"And how do you know that?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow. It's true. Whenever I'm nervous or thinking too much, I do speak aloud my thoughts. Trust me it's such a bad habit, it can get you in trouble.

"I know a lot of stuff you do when you're nervous, like you bite your lips often or do sketching when you're tensed about something. You speak aloud your thoughts when you thinking too much, I've seen you do these stuff." He speaks, looking at the ceiling above, again shrugging his shoulders after finishing his sentence and I look at him with wide eyes. This guy really knows stuff about me. Should I call him observant or does he really pay attention to whatever I do or say?

"You're really observant." I say. To be honest, I'm impressed.

"I'm not, I just pay attention to those who I want to." He says meeting his gaze with mine.

~*~
 Question:
What hurts more? Best friend break up or a relationship boyfriend/girlfriend breakup?
-My opinion: Best friend.
If anyone is going through any stuff like that, just so you know, relationships, friendships, promises and trusts are meant to be broken at some point. Everything doesn't last. You just have to be strong and don't give up. But sometimes you have to let go of things/people for better. I'm always here to talk to you guys about ANYTHING you want. Just hold on (I wish I could Hold on to Harry Styles' dic- okay I'll shut up sorry XD. Look I'm a Scorpio. They are dirty minded 😂. Don't blame me XD)

If you liked this chapter, I'll appreciate your votes and comments on it. ONLY if you liked it :)

Keep smiling cause it looks best on YOU. I love y'all and Zayn a lot. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 324 10
What we fail to understand is that mistakes were done on both parts. It's easy to assume one is the victim and the other the villain. But, what if bo...
1.3K 65 28
(Note: This is my first ever Fan Fiction and story in general that I'm posting on Wattpad so sorry in advance if it sucks. Please be nice and bear wi...
47.9K 1.2K 53
*this story contains mature and explicit content.* [on going] rules, secrets, and lies all get uncovered eventually. and then what remains is the b...
3.2K 110 14
Zayn Malik has always been the school's bad boy. Snap your fingers and he'll have a new girl by his side. Look at him wrong and live to regret it. Hi...