Floating (boyxboy)

By snickerbear12

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing... More

Beanie boy -1-
Blue bells -2-
Special friends -3-
What if's -4-
It's not so easy -5-
The Monday after -7-
Pondering and plans -8-
A world of accidents -9-
Indiscretions of a sinner -10-
Gold is good -11-
Little Ms. Goody two shoes -12-
The fall of a nation -13-
12:12 -14-
A Day off -15-
Our first date -16-
New love, old love -17-
Shifting tides -18-
Beginning of the thread -19-
Mishaps and mistakes -20-
Mirage -21-
Floodgates -22-
Nose to nose -23-
Iris flowers -24-

Breakfast featuring a hangover -6-

7.7K 322 92
By snickerbear12

Chapter six -Breakfast featuring a hangover-

I'm liar. I lied and told someone I would update days ago... I'm sorry. Will you accept my chapter...? Dedicated to Drummstixxs. Currently reading What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know, Trevor and Nathen are just: *squeals*

No song for this chapter yet.

Why is someone beating on a drum?

It took me a few seconds to realize that was actually my hangover. I slowly sat up. "Ugh," I groaned. I made a check list in my head.

No girl beside me √

Fully dressed √

In a bed √

Wallet with money still inside it √

Wait... why did this room look so familiar?  I looked over at the dresser. A carved box sat atop it. Was this Sebastian's room? If I was in Sebastian's room, I must've been laying in his bed. He wasn't in it though. I heard a slight rustle of movement and I looked down. A figure was sprawled out on the floor, their dark hair splayed over their face. Sebastian. When I looked at his face I felt something stir in the recesses of my mind. I didn't know what it was. I usually felt like this after I had a really good dream and I couldn't remember it. I mentally reached toward it, but I couldn't grasp it.

In my head I could feel something fading away, I couldn't even remember what it was. Oh, well, just a dream.

I strained to remember what happened the night before. I remembered getting to the party, I remembered meeting all those people. I talked to Cindy in the kitchen... the rest of it was a blur. I didn't even remember how I got to Sebastian's house. Did it really matter though? As long as I hadn't done anything crazy while I was intoxicated, everything was good.

I got out of the bed and tiptoed over to where Sebastian was sleeping peacefully. I squatted down and gently shook his shoulder. "Sebastian..." I whispered. He groaned and rubbed at his eyes. He blinked a few times before lightly grasping at my arm.

"Cameron?" His voice was husky and thick with sleep. For whatever reason, that sent a shiver down my spine. I ignored it.

"The one and only," I muttered. "Is it okay if I leave? I need to be home at decent time." I didn't want to get on my mother's bad side. Again.

He sat up and ran a hand through his complexly colored hair. There wasn't even a name for it. "Yes, yes. But if you want I can make you breakfast first...?" He trailed off.

"You don't have to, but you can if you want."

"I want to." With that said, he stood up and stretched. I jealously watched the muscles in his back ripple. Why couldn't I be built like that?

Pushing my petty thoughts away, I stood up and followed Sebastian out of the room. It must've been early because it was relatively quiet in the house. But we weren't alone, I realized. When we walked into the the kitchen, a very shirtless Noel offered a wave and a smirk. "Morning. Fancy seeing you here, Cam."

Sebastian gave him an annoyed look. "Can you go somewhere else?" I looked between the two of them. Noel was giving him a smug look and Sebastian looked somewhere between pissed and pleading. Was I missing something?

Noel shrugged. "I leave you deux amants to have a nice breakfast." He stood up and walked out of the kitchen, flashing Sebastian a smile as he left.

I sighed and hopped up on one of the counters. "It's times like these I really wish I could understand you guys. I'm starting to think French would have been more benificial to me instead Spanish." I grumbled as he cracked eggs. "What did he say?"

Sebastian simply waved his free hand. "Don't worry about it."

I rolled my eyes. "He could be calling me a bad word."

Sebastian looked up from the eggs he was whisking and gave me an amused look. "A bad word? Most people say 'swear word' or 'curse word' if I'm correct?" My hand went up to fiddle with my beanie (an acquired habit), and was met with hair. It probably had come off when I was sleeping. Whatever, I could get it later.

I swung my legs against the counter. "Call me old-fashioned I guess. I don't swear too much, mother doesn't cursing. That and most of the time there's no real reason to." Sebastian eyed me curiously.

"Not even if you get mad? It feels good to swear when you're mad."

I shook my head. If my mother heard me curse she would have my head. She didn't curse all that much anyway, save for when she was mad, like the other day. "If needed I might say damn or something, but that's about the worst."  After that we lapsed into silence. But it wasn't awkward. If anything it was comfortable. I watched as he poured the eggs into a skillet then went into the fridge and pulled out sausages.

After a few minutes he had prepared a full blown meal.  He set two plates on the table. "Coffee, juice, or milk?"

"Juice."

"Always playing it safe, huh?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and jumped down from the counter. "Shut up." I slid in the chair across from him and began digging into my food. We slipped into silence again. Suddenly a random question popped into my mind: What freaking color are your eyes! I didn't know why I was so fixated, but I just wanted to classify his eyes as... as something.

"Do you want me to tell you? Or was that just you being Cameron?" Did I say that out loud? It looked like it, judging from the amused look on his face. "You're blushing." He chuckled.

After the flame in my cheeks died down a bit, I asked, "Seriously though, what color are they?"

His face was thoughtful as if he really had to think about it. Who has to think about their eye color? "Actually... I am not sure. Sometimes they look green or blue... maybe even silver. It depends on the light or my mood also, but most of the time they're a blue-green color." He shrugged. "I got in an accident when I was very very small, and according to my mother, after that my blue eyes starting not always being blue."

That was interesting. "Your eyes are confused." I muttered and he laughed. He shoveled a forkful of food in his mouth before shrugging again.

I took a sip of my juice, feeling myself space out. I had to wonder, did I do anything weird the night before? And if I did, how bad was it? As long as I didn't do anything like kiss Cidney or run around screaming obscenities, then I was good. "Did I do anything strange last night?" I asked.

Sebastian regarded me curiously. "Do you not remember anything from last night?" His left hand, which had been  absently pushing a spoon in a cup of coffee for the last minute or so, twitched in the slightest.

"Why, was it bad?"

He paused. "No. No it wasn't. You danced and you were kind of giggly, but it wasn't so bad. It was kind of..." He trailed off. Strange, odd, awkward? I would never know what he was going to say because Noel chose that moment to reappear. Sebastian gave him an exasperated look. "Yes, my dearest cousin?" Noel gestured for him to come outside. As usual, they were having cousin issues.

"Ah, I'm going to go, if that's okay with you. I'll see you at school. Thanks for making me breakfast and everything." Sebastian nodded in acknowledgment and waved. He disappeared behind the corner and I went out the door.

When I opened the door the cool morning air greeted me. It was at that moment that I remembered something important.

I didn't have a car.

Gee, thanks mom. She insisted I didn't need a car of my own, even though I was nearing eighteen. She didn't seem to understand the importance of it, it was kind of a rite-of-passage. The majority of my friends had cars. They had had them since they passed drivers-ed. It was embarrassing to have to ask for a ride all the time.

I wasn't about to go back inside and ask one of them to take me home. My pride would not allow that. So I texted Dannie.

Dannie!

She texted back surprisingly fast.

The one and only.

Can you come pick me up... please?

Yah, but where exactly are you?

Sebastian's house.

Is that where you went last night?

I guess.

You don't know?

It's your fault for letting me drink. Now can you do me a favor, get your butt out of Luke's bed... AND GET OVER HERE

Don't forget who's in charge, if you're mean to me I might not come... JK Be there in five :-P

♧♣♧♣

"Alright. Get out." Dannie may have been nice over text messages and in the comfort of Luke's bed, but in the flesh she was tired and grumpy. She ran a hand through her flame colored hair before gesturing for me to get out. Knowing how she was in the morning, I didn't comment on it.

"Thanks for picking me up." I said. Dannie grunted in response as I exited the car. She sped off the instant I was out. Some friend. Using the spare key hidden in the plant beside the door, I unlocked the door and nearly ran into Keith. I shut the door and walked around him, not even bothering to greet him.

He didn't seem to mind though. After our conversation a few days ago, he had been leery of me. And I was okay with me. The less we interacted, the better.

After stepping around Keith, I retreated to the safety of my room. After realizing that I had nothing better to do, I decided to take a shower. The hot water was relaxing to my sore muscles. Maybe it was the water itself, or all the steam flowing up beside me, but I felt like something was materializing in my mind. It had something to do with me staggering into  Sebastian's room and... a glass of water?

Whatever it was, as quickly as it had appeared, it was gone. I wasn't really bothered by it, Sebastian told me I didn't do anything crazy, so that was the end of it. What had most likely happened was he had taken me to his house, put me in his bed with some water, then I passed out. If Noel hadn't walked in the room when Sebastian was explaining, I would probably know the full story, but I bet that was along the lines of what happened.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I went back into my room and searched for something to put on. "CAMERON?" My mother called up to me. "CAN YOU COME DOWN STAIRS AND HELP ME WITH SOMETHING?"

"YES MA'AM." I called back. Yes ma'am, I'll come cater to your every whim.

I pulled on a T-shirt over my boxers and went down stairs. My mother was seated on the couch dressed in "casual" wear. She had on a light blue calf-length dress and cream colored wedges. "Can you tell me which looks better?"

I slid down beside her and glanced at what was on the table. Some project designes. "I have to judge which structure works better for the building we're putting up in our second division. I can't decide if I like this promotion or not. I have to reject one of these proposals..." She sighed. "Both of them are pretty good."

I studied the blueprints for a minute or two. I didn't know a lot about architecture, but I knew some basics. "Well the one on the right has structure support, which is good for earthquakes and natural disasters... and it has sun panels, which is eco friendly. The left has neither so the right's a better choice." She smiled at me. A real smile.

"Thank you, Cameron."

"You're welcome." I stood and left her to look over her sheets. Right before I went up the stairs, there was a knock on the door.

"Can you get that?" My mother hollered.

Sighing, I went to the door, and without asking, "Who is it?" pulled it open. To my surprise, it was Sebastian. A faint smile rested on his lips as he extended his arm. I looked down at it, he was holding my beanie. "You left this here. I thought you would want it back."

"Thanks. I forgot to ask you for it before I left." He gave a slight nod. The caramel colored highlights in his hair stood out in the sunlight. He made me feel small. Well, most people did because of how short I was but he made me feel smaller than normal. What was it about him that was so different? So different from everyone else? What was it?

Oh wait, it was everything. Everything about him so different. It wasn't even just because he was foreign. It just... him. So Sebastian. From the streaks in his hair to the ever-changing color of his eyes.

"CAMERON?" My mother called from the living room. "WHO'S AT THE DOOR?" That snapped me out of my stupor.

"Oh it's just my friend." My "special friend", to quote Noel. Sebastian was special alright. That much was true.

"Why don't you invite them inside for lunch?"

I gave Sebastian a questioning look. He gave me a full smile and said, "We already had breakfast together, so why not lunch?"

Yes, why not?

♧♣♧♣

Kind of a filler. More shall come in the next chapter. Which ship name is better?

I don't do hashtages but this feels appropriate: #Camebastian #Cabastian #Camstian #Seberon

I didn't feel like posting and I was having all TYPES of issues over this but I'm glad I got this out of the way to make room for more... *rubs hands together gleefully * Yes, I see it all coming together now! AHAHAHAHA! *coughs* anyway...

~S.B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 3.2K 89
To cover the traces of his depravity, Gu Xiao constricted himself to the role of a jester while being torn between the idealisation of others and rea...
54.7K 4K 52
{⚣} 'You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen. You know that, don't you? I want to paint you more than I've ever wanted to paint anyone. I wa...
5.1K 238 34
BDSM was not the lifestyle Dakota Moore had in mind. He had spent most of his teenage career running away from orphanages and taking care of his home...
406K 22.1K 56
Maybe if Thomas had lived a different life. Maybe if Mark hadn't been such a mess. Maybe it would have been different. But turning back the clock is...