Melting the ice (Jelsa)

By esote_rika

A story of Elsa, the heir of Arendelle, and her personal guardian, Jack Frost, and how he melted queen's froz... More

Melting the ice (Jelsa)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
NOTE:)) Please read
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Author's Note. Read. Please?
Epilouge
Playlist + New Book Announcement

Chapter Thirteen

8K 211 40
By esote_rika

Anna

I stand in front of the breathtaking palace made of ice, with Kristoff and Olaf behind me. I met Kristoff a few nights before, along with his reindeer, Sven, and we gained Olaf as a companion yesterday.

They have been nothing but helpful to me. Olaf serving as my much needed comic-relief as he kept saying funny things and insisted on calling Kristoff 'Sven'.

Now, with their help, I stand here in front of an Ice Castle that can only be made by my beloved sister. Elsa.

I hate that I hurted her. I hated seeing her like that. The one night that we bonded and talked like normal sisters and I just had to ruin it. I raise my hand, tightly balled into a fist. I should just knock. That's the easy part.

"Knock." Olaf says. I was about to knock but I hesitated. What if she doesn't want to see me? What if Kristoff is right? That Elsa wants to be alone?

In the back ground, I hear Olaf say, "Do you think she knows how to knock?" Oh, Olaf. I spent my whole life knocking on Elsa's door. The fact that she didn't open never stopped me. But right now, something is pulling me back.

Its... fear, I guess.

Mustering up my courage, I raise my hand and just knocked, the soung echoing in the distance. Surprisingly, the door bursts open. I take a step back, surprised, "Whoa. It opened," I gasp, "That's a first." I muttered.

Before stepping in, I remembered the party, Elsa's reaction when she saw Hans.

I turned around, stopping Kristoff from walking any further, "Wait. You should probably stay here. Last time I introduced her to a guy, she froze everything." I warned with a small laugh.

Kristoff looks at me like I'm crazy, "Wha- come on!" he gestures to the whole place, "Its a palace made of ice!" he tells me, "Ice is my life!" he adds for good measure.

I gave him an apologetic shrug, and he slumps, looking defeated. "Bye, Sven," Olaf says, waving his wooden hand. He turns around to enter the palace but I stopped him before he can, "Wait. You should probably stay here," I told him.

Olaf's face fell, "Me?" and I gave him a sad smile, "Yeah. Just give us a minute," I told him. Thankfully he seems to understand. He turns back around and sits next to Kristoff.

Taking a deep breath, I enter the ice castle.

"Elsa?" I call out, taking in my surroundings.

Woah, okay, Elsa has seriously outdone herself. The palace was even more marvelous than the outside, and that's saying something cause the outer part is really beautiful.

But this. Oh, wow. A large, frozen fountain stood in the middle of the room, high and proud. A grand staircase with exquisite designs. The walls and pillars were decorated with intricate, delicate imprints.

"Elsa, its me Anna!" I cried out.

For a while, I almost forgot that I'm stepping on ice. I take a step and slipped, but managed to regain my balance. I stopped in front of the grand staircase, and watched in awe when I saw the blonde standing at the top of the stairs.

"Elsa?" I gasp. For a moment, I didn't recognize her, "Woah, you look different," I said, taking in her appearance. She looked so beautiful! "Its a good different." I added. She gives me a small smile.

"And this place! Its amazing!" I exclaimed.

Elsa's smile widens, "Thanks. I never knew what I was capable of," she says gesturing to the castle. My sister truly looked happy. It made me smile.

"Look, Elsa, I'm sorry about what happened." I said taking a step forward. Elsa's eyes widen and she backs away slightly, "No. Its okay... You don't have to apologize. I think you should go," she tells me, hugging herself.

This saddens me. Doesn't she want me here? "But I just got here." I said. Maybe Kristoff was right. Elsa wanted to be alone.

"You belong down in Arendelle," she tells me. What are you thinking, Anna? Of course she doesn't want to be alone. Its lonely! "So do you!" I insist.

"No Anna," she spoke slowly, "I belong up here. Where I can be who I am... without hurting anybody." she says sadly. She didn't know that she froze Arendelle! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one. I should just tell her.

"Actually about that-"

"Wait. What is that," Elsa cuts me off, looking at the distance.

"Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs." a new voice excitedly cries out. Oh, geez Olaf, couldn't you wait another second? I think.

"Olaf?" Elsa mumbles. "Yeah! You build me. Remember that?" Olaf answers. Elsa looks at her hands, "And your alive?" she asks in wonder.

Olaf raises his arms and flexes them, "I guess..." I smiled, bending down to his level, "He's just like the ones we built as kids." I said, happily reminicsing the memories of those happy snow days. Or if Elsa had powers then, maybe she made the snow??

"Yeah," she answers, looking at Olaf fondly. This is my chance.

"Elsa we were so close! We can be like that again." I said, taking another step forward. Elsa looks like she's contemplating this.

A haunted look shadows her icy blue eyes, clouding them with fear. "No!" she says suddenly, "No we can't. Now please go! I'm only trying to protect you!" she cries out, pleading desperately, turning her back on me and heading up.

"You don't have to protect me, I'm not afraid!" I called back, running after her, "Please don't shut me out again! Please don't slam the door. You don't have to keep your distance anymore!" I said, following her up to the second floor of her castle.

The second floor held the same intricate designs of the one in the first floor. Elsa has really outdone herself.

"Anna, please go back home." Elsa pleads.

Maybe she really doesn't want me here? A tiny voice whispers in the back of my head.

No, Anna, keep positive! Elsa needs you, "Yeah, but-"

"I know, you mean well," she says backing away again, "But leave me be. Yes I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. Just stay away and you'll be safe from me." Elsa walks out to the balcony, another gorgeous creation, and I follow her there.

I have to admit, the views great. Elsa just needs someone to share it with.

Wait. She thinks Arendelle is safe because she left... She really didn't mean to freeze them, then! Elsa is innocent! But, wait, she doesn't even know she froze Arendelle... I have to tell her,

"Actually we're not,"

"What do you mean you're not?"

"I get the feeling you don't know."

"Well what do I not know?"

"Arendelle's in deep, deep, deep, deep snow."

"What?" Elsa's blue eyes widens, and she looks at me, shocked.

"You kind of set off an eternal winter... everywhere." I said. I felt guilty for her. She must feel horrible. I mean, really, wouldn't you be, if you found out that you've set your own kingdom in an icy, eternal curse?

"Everywhere?" she looks paler than usual. Maybe I shouldn't have told her...

Okay, Anna, time to be your usual optimistic self, "Its okay, you can just unfreeze it." I said, trying to make her feel better. I know she can do it, anyway. Elsa can do anything! She's Elsa!

"No I can't. I don't know how!" she says looking aghast. "Sure you can! I know you can!" I said, trying to reassure her.

"No, I'm such a fool I can't be free!" she says turning away from me.

"You don't have to be afraid!" Elsa has a lot of fears, that much I know. But, she doesn't have to fear anything!

"There's no escape from the storm inside of me!" she snaps back.

"We can work this out together!" I insisted.

"I can't control the curse!" she protested.

"We'll reverse the storm you've made!" I said. Snow was falling hard and thick. A blizzard indoors? Oh, this can't be good.

"Anna please, you'll only make it worse!" she exclaims. I'm making it worse? Okay, she's panicking, "Don't panic!" I tried to tell her.

"There's so much fear!"

She's ignoring me again...

"We'll make the sun shine bright!" I said, oh geez, this blizzard is insane!

"You're not safe here!" she says turning to me, as if trying to snap some sense into me. How many times do I have to tell her that I don't need to be protected? I just want her home, safe and sound.

"We can face this thing together! We can face this winter weather and everything will be-"

"I can't!" the blizzard suddenly stopped. Elsa had accidentally sucked it back inside her, then releasing it into a sharp, spiky frozen snowflake.

It was so fast. The snowflake bursts out, sending sharp particles on everything. Then suddenly, a huge ache came from within my chest.

Well, I guess when I said it sent sharp particles on everything, I literally mean everything.

Because one of them pierced me. Straight. To. My. Heart.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey, I'm back baby! I did keep my promise because its Feb. 1 here in th Philippines. Sorry for keeping it on hold, but now, I will update regularly again<3 hope you enjoyed this chapter.

And, UGHhhh, I am this close to choking my brother with a pillow. He drives me crazy!!

Oh, and I was searching about random stuff when I decided to search Chris Pine on wikipedia. It turns out that Chris Pine, the guy who voices Jack Frost, is the same guy who played Nicholas Deveraux in the movie, Princess Diaries! Oh my effing gosh, he is so freaking hot! If you haven't seen that movie, then shame on you! Lol, jwk. Anyway, you have to watch it!

Now everytime I watch ROTG, all I see is Nicholas Deveraux, and when I watch Princess Diaries, all I see is Jack Frost. LOL.

Oh, and check out my joint account with a few of my friends, @LegendLadies we're gonna post some stories soon, so I hope ya'll check it out:-)

Until Then, I luv you all

xx, Erica<3<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912K 20.6K 56
Elsa did not know who Jack Frost was. But that is about to change when our adventurous hero searches fun in the Kingdom of Arendelle, meets the queen...
3K 125 18
Elsa Arrendelle, Was such a sweet caring girl that she only cared for the people around her. She has a younger sister, Anna Arrendelle. She loves her...
3.5K 122 11
if you plan to read this here are some things you should know this is after the events of frozen and before the events of rise of the guardians. jack...
41.5K 776 44
Frozen Hearts ~ Elsa lived her whole life in isolation before she regained her friendship with her dear sister Anna. Although she had her and Kristof...