Living With Damon and Stefan

By Dark-Violet

Marni is 14. She lives with Damon and Stefan Salvatore in the Salvatore bording house. She also has powers; s... More

Rude Awakening
Mystic Grill
Elena Gilbert
The Plan
History Lesson
School
Road Trip
Crystals
Necromancer Crystal
Book of Crystals
The Game
Bonnie
Intense Stares
Jonathan Gilberts Journal
The Man In The Mirror
Shadow
Harsh Words
Flashback
What Are You?
Visitor
Warp Crystal
Feelings
Shock News
Jumping Out Windows
The Secret
Shattered Glass
Finding Out
Birthday
Surprise Party
The Kiss
Holding Hands
Opening The Tomb
Emotions
Alaric Saltzman
Legend
Sleepover
Torture
The Really Bad Problem
Worrying
The Battle
Beverly Hills
The Concert
The Moonstone
Mason Lockwood
Masquerade Ball
Elijah
Family Barbeque
The Argument
The Halloween Party
Reunion
The Haunting
The Warning
The Epic Battle
The Beach
Running Down The Street In Underwear
First Sight
The Body Swap
The Reason Why Knocking Was Invented
The Risk Of Sounding Jealous
Failing To Notice Something Important
Getting Distracted By Dandelions
Finding Floors Comfortable
Tomato Juice And Garlic Paste
Ice Cream, P.J's, And Damon
Evil People Chasing Bunnies
Goats And Hating Men
The Runaway
Unwanted, Annoying Dreams
Toothbrushes, Puppets and Haircuts
Awkward Moments And Apologies
No Longer Friends
Hangovers And Rainy Days
Sock Wearing Pineapples
This Coffee Is Not For You
Pillow Eating Dinosaurs
Piano!
Feeding The Cat
The Dandelion Throwing Lamps
People Actually Use Toilet Paper? Ew.
Sniffing Random Peoples Hair
Fluffy Refridgeraters That Sing
Super Ninja Monkeys! And Shane Dawson!
Teletubbies Rock!
The Naked Shoe Box Lover
Potatoes Have Feelings Too!
Hugging Pens With Eyeballs
The Cute Washing Machine And Dimples
The Day The Sharpener Coughed
Marshmellow Covered Coat-Hangers
Mating With Butterflies
The Chocolate That Eats Stockings
Le Flying Taco Mafia
The Bookcase That Sniffs Potato Salad
Exploding Donuts and Lentils
The Umbrella Shaped Box
Throwing Paper At Harold
Salt & Pepper Pencil Baskets
Lettuce Leaf!
Oh, You Like Chirping? Too Bad.

Lamp Posts Are Nice Triangles

65K 554 124
By Dark-Violet

I was casually sitting on one of the tables at Gloria's, only half paying attention to the conversation going on around me.

"Tell me you're kidding," Klaus growled, snapping me out of my daze. I looked over to see him face to face with Rebekah, who returned the glare he was giving her. Elijah leant against the wall, watching them curiously, and Gloria was sitting at the bar. It was deserted because it was daytime.

"It must have fallen off!" Rebekah insisted.

"What?" I asked.

"My necklace!" Rebekah said.

"What's so important about it?" I asked.

"It's the only way to get in contact with the Original witch," Elijah said.

I glared at the ground. "Wonderful," I muttered.

Klaus had a murderous expression on his face, and snapped his head to Gloria.

"There must be another way," he said.

"There isn't," she argued. Klaus took a deep breath. "But I could try and find it. A locator spell might work."

Klaus nodded, and Gloria left the room, to get supplies.

"I'm bored," I sighed. "I want to go out and have fun."

"I'm sure the rest of us would too," he replied bitterly.

"Oh come on, Nik," Rebekah said, looking at her brother. "Let the girl have some fun. There's no need for her to be holed up in here with the rest of us."

I smiled hopefully at Klaus.

"How do I know you're not going to run as soon as you leave this place?" he asked.

"God Klaus," I scoffed. "If I haven't run in all the months I've been with you, I'm not going to run now."

"Fine," he said after a moment. I jumped off the table and fist pumped. "But just know, if you do run, I will find you."

I stopped fist pumping and looked at him.

"And this is why you have no friends," I stated flatly.

Rebekah laughed and Elijah smirked, while Klaus just rolled his eyes.

"If you don't here from me by tomorrow morning, I've probably died or something," I announced before walking out of Gloria's bar.

It was almost ten, and I was in some random club. I didn't know the people I was with, and I didn't care. I was having fun. I'd just downed the last remnants of my drink when a girl spoke to me.

"You sure know how to drink," she said, smirking at me. The girl had long black hair, and hazel eyes.

"I've had practice," I clarified, returning the smirk.

"I'm Emma Jacobs," she smiled, holding her hand out.

"Marni Salvatore," I greeted, shaking her hand. I glanced around her. "Are you here with anyone?"

"Nah, I was just looking for some fun," she shrugged.

"Well, you're in luck," I said. "I need a drinking buddy. Care to join me?"

"I'd love to," she grinned.

Half an hour later, I was laughing at something. I couldn't remember what it was, but it was hilarious. I looked up and my laughter doubled as I remembered what happened. My drinking buddy, Emma, had decided to get up on the bar and start dancing to Single Ladies by Beyoncè.

"Come on Marni!" she called. "Join me!"

"Nah," I replied.

"Come on!" she begged.

"Fine!" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

I somehow managed to get up on the bar, and I clapped for joy when the song Thriller came on. So me, being a huge Michael Jackson fan, started doing the Thriller dance. When the film clip first came out in 1983, I'd learned the dance instantly. Michael Jackson was my hero. R.I.P.

Eventually, security came and kicked us out.

The security guard who had literally carried us out, placed us on the sidewalk.

"Come at me bro!" I yelled.

He glared at me before walking off.

Emma and I looked at each other and started laughing madly, before started our quest to find a new bar.

There was a throbbing in my head, and it wouldn't go away.

"Uuuuuggghhhnnnnnnnn," was my first response to waking up.

It took me about ten minutes to pry me eyes open. I squinted and looked at my unfamiliar surroundings. I was in a room of some sort, lying on the bed.

I heard the sounds of movement and moved as a blur to my feet, ready for anything. A girl walked out of the bathroom with her hair tied up in a messy bun, and a toothbrush shoved in her mouth. I recognised her as Emma from last night.

"Morning," she greeted brightly.

I smiled.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, where exactly are we?" I asked.

"In my hotel room," she answered. "After being kicked out of our third club, we came back here and crashed.

I relaxed and laughed.

"Three bars? Really?" I questioned.

"We were far from sober," she grinned. "I was just about to make some coffee, want some?"

"Sure," I smiled.

*3rd person POV*

Damon stared out of the window as the trees blurred past. He and Katherine were on their way back to Mystic Falls. It had been a few days since Damon had seen Marni. Katherine had convinced him to take a detour to New York, where they had drowned their sorrows with alcohol.

Katherine had insisted on driving, and Damon had eventually given in, not in the mood to argue.

"So... You going to tell me what happened?" she asked. She had been pestering Damon for days, wondering why he had left Chicago so easily.

"Nope," Damon said.

"Why not? What's so important that you can't tell me?" Katherine pouted.

"Since when do I tell you anything, Katherine?" he questioned.

"Come on, remember back when you were madly inlove with me?" she giggled.

"Biggest mistake of my life," Damon muttered.

"Well, rumor has it that someone else is the object of your affection now," she smirked.

"Oh? And who might that be?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, there's two possibilities," she concluded. "The first one is Elena."

"Of course," Damon muttered bitterly. "And I'm guessing the other one is Vampire Barbie? Or maybe the little Bennett witch."

"No, not quite," Katherine grinned. "It's Marni."

Damon's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Marni?" he repeated.

"Well, it seems likely doesn't it?" she asked.

"Katherine, I'm not going to share my love life with you," Damon stated flatly.

"Marni must've said something pretty important to make you agree to her request so easily," Katherine mused.

"I'm not going to tell you, so you might as well give up," Damon glared.

Katherine pouted and sighed. Damon went back to looking out of the window, his thoughts focussed on Marni. So it hadn't been a spur of the moment thing. She really did love him. Despite everything, a hint of a smile formed on his face.

*Marni's POV*

I was in the middle of drinking my coffee, when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"And you are where exactly?" Klaus' voice asked.

"Good morning to you too," I said. "And as for your question, I'm in a hotel room. Somewhere in Chicago."

"Well, we have business to attend to, and I'm getting impatient," he commented. "Where are you?"

"What's the address?" I asked Emma, who was sitting across the bench from me. She told me and I repeated it into the phone.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," And with that, he hung up.

"Who was that?" Emma asked.

"My brother," I lied. "He wants to go back to New York."

"You don't live here?" she questioned.

"Nope, just visiting," I shrugged.

"Excuse me, I gotta go shower," she smiled, before walking to the bathroom door.

I sat there for a minute and looked at my surroundings while I waited for Klaus to show up. I heard a creaking and I whipped my head around, trying to find the cause. There was nothing there. I shrugged it off and went back to my coffee.

Hands grabbed me from behind and hauled me off the stool I was sitting on. In a panic, I snapped my head back, slamming whoever who had grabbed me in the face. Their grip on me loosened and I spun around, ready to attack. The man, who had light brown hair and dark eyes, came at me and I lashed out, kicking hard in the chest. The blow sent him stumbling, but he caught his footing and dodged my next attack. His face turned demonic and he bared his fangs at me. Vampire. Great.

He moved as a blur towards me and I snapped my hand out, a ripple of air forcing him back and slamming him into the wall. In the blink of an eye, he was infront of me. I went to attack, but he threw me across the table and I smacked my head against the floor, my vision going blury.

The last thing I remember was the smirk he had on his face, and then I blacked out.

*3rd person POV*

Klaus and Rebekah walked down the hall to the room Marni was at. Music was playing quietly through the hall.

"What is this noise?" Rebekah asked, disgust filling her tone. "It sounds like screeching metal."

"It's dance music," Klaus replied boredly. "It's what people like to listen to these days. I myself don't find it at all pleasant."

"I'd rather claw my ears off than listen to this horrid sound," she muttered.

She went to say something else, but Klaus held his hand up, his stance turning alert. Rebekah did the same and saw what her brother was looking at. The door to the room in which Marni was supposed to be was wide open.

Klaus stepped into the doorway and looked around. There was a crack in the wall, and the table and chairs were flipped over. Klaus walked into the room, Rebekah following. Klaus' head snapped up when he heard a door open and he saw a girl with dark hair walk out of a room. She froze when she saw the two Originals.

"Um... Can I help you...?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

In the blink of an eye, Klaus had pinned the girl against the wall.

"Werewolf," he growled.

"Uh, yeah?" she said awkwardly. "What's your point?"

"What was Marni doing with a werewolf?" Rebekah asked, a disgusted look on her face.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked in a dangerous tone.

"Who?" the girl questioned.

"Marni," he glared impatiently.

The girl frowned.

"Wait, are you the one she was on the phone to?"

"Obviously," Rebekah sighed, clearly annoyed.

"I thought she already left with you," the girl said. "I heard her leave before."

"Well it wasn't with us," Klaus said.

"Do you mind? This kinda hurts."

Klaus let the girl go and she rubbed her throat.

"Who did she leave with?" Klaus demanded.

"I don't know," the girl shrugged. "I was in the shower, and I heard the door slam." She looked around at the mess. "What the hell happened here?"

Klaus ignored her and turned to Rebekah.

"Someone's obviously taken her," he said.

Rebekah nodded.

"Should've known there were vampires involved," the girl muttered. "All they ever do is cause drama."

"Werewolves are no better," Rebekah scoffed. "You're just filthy mutts."

"Careful Bekah," Klaus smirked, knowing that werewolves had tempers. Not nearly as bad as his sister's though.

"At least I'm not a blood sucking slut," the girl hissed.

Rebekah reacted in an instant, slamming the girl against the wall.

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you," she murmured menacingly. "Because I'm not a very nice person, and I will rip your heart out."

"Leave her," Klaus said. Rebekah glared at him. "We have more important matters to attend to. For one, Marni is missing, and I would love to know who took her."

"Why can't I just kill her?" Rebekah pouted. "She's pathetic."

"We're leaving Rebekah," Klaus said, already walking out the door.

Rebekah bared her fangs at the girl and hissed, before laughing and dropping her, following her brother.

"What if Marni wasn't taken?" Rebekah asked as they walked out of the building.

"What are you implying?"

"Well, I've only known the girl for a few days, but it's obvious that she misses her family," the Original explained. "Whenever she mentions them I can see deep sorrow in her eyes."

"That may be so, but Marni isn't stupid. She wouldn't run, she knows the consiquences," Klaus said. "She wouldn't risk the ones she cares about."

Rebekah remained silent as they got in the car.

*Marni POV*

I was tied to a chair. The room I was in had damp, dark brick walls, and it smelt really bad. I was assuming I was in a basement of some kind. There was a tiny window behind me that light poured through, and a large wooden door across from it. The temperature was cold, and I had goosebumps on my skin. I sat perfectly still, and my eyes were closed. My hands were bound behind by back, and my feet were tied to the legs of the chair.

I was pissed off.

This was about the millionth time this year that I had been tied to a freaking chair. Why a chair? Why couldn't it be a lamp post or something? The lamp posts probably felt left out.

My eyes snapped open when I heard movement. My eyes focussed on a figure in the corner, and I heard a laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry," I called. "Is my being tied to a chair amusing you? Because, if I wasn't tied to this chair, your heart would probably be ripped out of your chest."

"Cocky little one, aren't you?" the person laughed, walking out of the shadows. It was the same guy that attacked me.

"Well, I like to tell the truth sometimes," I smiled without humor. "And just so you know, you have about three seconds to untie me before I kill you. I don't even need to move my hands. One of the many upsides of being a witch."

"Too bad your powers won't work," he smirked.

I laughed. "Let me guess, you got a witch to bind my powers?"

"Not quite," he shrugged. "You just can't use magic in this room."

I glared at him. "Alright, fun's over. What do you want?"

"Not much," he sighed. "I was bored. Thought I'd kidnap you for entertainment."

"What do you want?" I growled.

"Well, you, Marni, are what we call a hostage," the guy grinned.

"Wonderful," I muttered. "Care to tell me why I'm a hostage?"

"Well, your friend, Klaus is it? I don't like him," he replied nonchalantly.

"Not a lot of people do," I shrugged. "But that doesn't answer my question."

"He killed my girlfriend, so I figure I'd get revenge," he said.

"By kidnapping me?" I scoffed.

"You're his personal little witch," the guy replied. "He clearly values you."

"Well, I am pretty epic," I said. "But what's the point of holding me hostage? Why don't you just kill me?"

"Hmm... Tempting," he sighed, glancing at my throat. Shivers went down my spine. "But I'm using you to lure him out."

"Then what?"

"Then I kill him," he shrugged.

I couldn't help it. I started laughing.

"Okay," I nodded, trying to hide my grin. "You do that."

"You don't think I will," he guessed.

"Nope," I said. "I know you will try. But the thing is, Klaus is a very hard person to kill. I'm not sure if this fact slipped your mind, but he's an Original."

"But you've done it before, right?" he asked. I froze. "Yeah, I know about that little Necromancer trick you have."

"How did you find out about that?" I asked dangerously.

"Word gets around," he replied carelessly.

I stayed quiet for a moment.

"Okay, you know about my power," I said. "But that's not going to help you at all, because if you hadn't noticed, you're a vampire, and vampires can't harness that kind of power. Or any power for that matter."

"Oh, I'm not going to use that power," he grinned. "You are."

"Let me point something out... er, what's you name?" I asked.

"Nathan."

"Well here's the thing Nathaniel. You don't mind if I call you Nathaniel, right? Good. I know Klaus can be an ass sometimes, but me and him are buddies," I said. "So, I'm afraid I'm not going to kill him for you. Sorry, better luck next time."

"You act as if you have a choice," he said.

"Well, yeah," I pointed out. "That's because I do."

"Not if I compel you," Nathaniel shrugged.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but witches can't be compelled," I smiled sadly.

"See, it's nice having witch friends," he started casually. "Because they know some pretty handy spells. One that allows me to compel you."

Something clicked in my mind. That's how Isobel had gotten me to practically kill myself. I'd never understood how she'd compelled me. I'd assumed my karma was catching up to me.

I didn't reply.

"Well, I'll leave you to your thoughts," he announced casually. "I have some things to prepare."

He disappeared, and I heard the door lock.

The first thing I tried was magic. He was right. This room was binding my magic. Next I tried pulling my bonds loose, which also failed.

Well, I though miserably. At least I'm not being tortured.

As if to prove me wrong, a bird started chirping. And not one of those adorable little chirps that they do. This one was extrememly loud and annoying.

"OH MY GOD! SHUT UP!" I screamed. "YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!"

I sighed as I realised I was screaming this at a bird that wasn't even in the same room as me. God my life was sad.

"What did that bird do to you?" a familiar voice asked.

I looked up to see my evil twin leaning against the wall, looking at me with a smirk.

"It annoyed the crap out of me," I replied bitterly. "Something you have in common."

"Ouch, someone's mean today," she grinned.

"Well, if you hadn't noticed, I'm tied to a chair," I snapped. "So sorry if I'm not exactly a happy camper at the moment." I paused and shuddered. "Did I just use the phrase 'happy camper'? God, what is wrong with me?"

"Well, lucky for you, I came to help," my double declared.

"Wonderful," I grinned. "How?"

"Still working on that part," she muttered.

"Oh for the love of- Seriously?" I asked.

"This room bound your powers," she said. "And considering how I'm a spirit, there isn't much I can do about it."

"But you're a witch spirit," I argued. "Shouldn't you be able to juju it?"

"While I appreciate your faith in me, I can't," she replied. "The other witches won't allow me."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because they don't think this is a bad thing," she shrugged. "All of them want Klaus dead to keep the balance of nature. And when an opportunity pops up, they'll take it."

"Oh come on!" I complained. I looked up at the roof. "I thought we had love guys! This cuts deep!" I looked back at my reflection. "Just wondering, do you have a name?"

She stared at me like I was stupid.

"We're the same person," she pointed out.

"I know, but it's weird calling you Marni," I said. "In my head, you're my evil twin."

She laughed. "Amarnia."

"Amarnia?" I questioned.

"It's our true name," she shrugged.

"Okay then," I muttered. I looked at her. "Anyway, if we're meant to be the Voldemort of this world, and you're the evil side of me, shouldn't you be like, the most powerful spirit ever?"

"I wish," she said. "It doesn't work that way. You have all of the power. I'm just the trigger. Although I have some power, I don't have enough to break this spell."

"Bloody brilliant," I muttered.

An idea struck me.

"You know how you told me the other day how you checked on Damon and Stefan?" I asked.

Amarnia nodded.

"I'm going to need you to do that again," I said. "But not them. I need you to contact Elijah."

She smirked when she realised what I was planning.

"I want you to get a message to him," I explained. "Is there any chance you can make yourself visible to him?"

She hesitated. "I'm not sure. But I can try. You have to focus on Elijah though. Only him. I might be able to make the connection."

I nodded eagerly.

"What do you want me to tell him?" she asked.

I told her and she disappeared silently.

*3rd person POV*

Elijah was sitting in the hotel room he and his siblings as well as Marni had been staying at. Klaus had gone to pick Marni up from wherever she was, and Rebekah had tagged along. He had stayed behind.

Elijah was deep in thought. He had to find the rest of his family. He knew his brother was keeping them together, he just didn't know where. He had thought about enlisting Rebekah's help, but had dismissed it instantly. She was far too loyal to Klaus.

And then there was Marni. Elijah had grown fond of Marni. He'd come to veiw her as a little sister. Not like Rebekah, because although Elijah loved his sister, there were times he wished to put a dagger through her heart himself, though he would never do that.

Marni reminded him of Claudia. A twinge of sadness filled him as he remembered the day she had died.

*Flashback*

"Oh please Elijah!"

His little sister, Claudia, was trying to convince him to let her sword fight with him.

"I'm afraid not, dear Claudia," he said, amused at her persistance.

"It's not fair!" she pouted. "You and Niklaus always have fun, and I don't."

"Mother would kill me if she found out I let you weild a blade," Elijah said.

"Well too bad," she grinned triumphantly. "I already took Niklaus' sword."

Claudia pulled the familiar sword from behind her back.

"You've been spending too much time around Kol," he laughed.

"Have not," she argued. "I just happen to be very intelligent."

"I was wondering where my sword got to," an amused voice said.

Elijah turned to see his brother, Niklaus walking up to them.

"Sorry little sister, but that's not for you," he said, taking the sword out of her grasp.

"Fine," she glared. "If neither of you want to play, then I shall go ask Kol."

She turned on her heel and skipped away.

"She is very stubborn," Niklaus commented.

"A trait she got from you, no doubt," Elijah smirked.

"Well, she certainly gets her cheekiness from Kol," he said.

"That is very true," Elijah sighed.

"Elijah?"

Elijah turned around to find his brother Finn standing at the door way.

"Yes?"

"Have you seen Niklaus and Claudia?" he asked. "Mother has been looking for them all morning. They are no where to be seen."

Elijah frowned, following Finn outside. They were met by Kol and Rebekah, who looked worried.

"Have they returned yet?" Elijah asked.

"No," Kol replied.

Rebekah looked like she was about to say something, but the familiar voice of their brother cut her off.

All four of the siblings snapped their heads in the direction of the cries. Niklaus emerged through the trees, carrying Claudia in his arms.

"MOTHER!" he shouted, desperation filling his voice.

Elijah rushed forwards, and Niklaus kneeled down and set Claudia on the ground. Her face was deathly pale, and she wasn't moving. She had large gashes across her chest, and blood soaked her dress.

"Claudia," Elijah whispered.

"What has happened?" an authoritve voice filled with worry demanded. Elijah glanced up at his mother, Esther, her long blonde hair flowing around her. She leant down beside Claudia, a pained expression on her face.

"The wolves," Niklaus stammered. "We went out to see them turn, but Claudia got hurt."

"Mother," Kol pleaded. "Please, do something."

Esther was silent for a moment, her lips moving the tiniest bit, as if she was saying something to quiet to hear.

She stopped and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"No!" Rebekah cried softly.

"Nothing can be done," Esther said quietly. "Claudia is gone."

Elijah felt pain tear through him.

"Surely there must be something," Kol said shaking his head. "Anything!"

Rebekah covered her mouth with her hand and tears streamed down her face. Elijah reached forward and stroked Claudia's cold cheek.

Little did he know, that would be the last night he remained human. 

*End Flashback*

Elijah was snapped out of his thoughts. Standing across from him was Marni. Execpt there was something different. Instead of the electric blue she usually had, Marni's eyes were black. Elijah was on his feet in a second, glancing warily at her.

"Oh good, it worked," she muttered.

"Marni?"

"Not exactly," she said. "Long story short, I'm Amarnia, Marni's evil half, in spirit form."

"She told me about that," Elijah murmured. "How can I see you?"

"It's Marni," Amarnia explained. "She's focussing all of her energy on you, and with her help I was able to get through to you. But that's not important. Marni needs your help."

"What happened?" Elijah asked.

"She's been kidnapped by a vampire... Nathan? I think that's his name," she started. "Anyway, he's got her tied up in a room that binds her powers."

"What does he want from her?"

"He managed to get a witch to cast a spell so he can compel her," she explained. "This guy's pissed off because Klaus killed his girlfriend or something, and he's going to force Marni to kill Klaus."

"He knows about the Necromancy then?" Elijah guessed.

She nodded.

"Where is she?"

"I'm not sure of the exact location, but I can lead you there," she said.

Just as Elijah was nodding, the door opened and his two siblings walked in.

"Marni's gone," Klaus announced.

"She was taken by a vampire," Elijah said. "Who's name I believe to be Nathan."

"Well, well brother," Klaus commented. "Care to enlighten us on how you know that?"

"Marni managed to get a message through to me," Elijah explained, not bothering to go into details. "The vampire who took her is going to compel her to kill you."

Klaus rose his eyebrows. "Well they can try."

"Still making enemies, I see," Rebekah stated, looking at her brother.

"As much as I'd love to continue this chat," Elijah said. "I think we should find Marni. No doubt she's getting impatient."

"Very well," Klaus said. "Lead the way brother."

Elijah looked at Marni's double, that called herself Amarnia, and she nodded before walking out of the room, Elijah following close behind.

*Marni's POV*

I was hoping that since Amarnia hadn't returned yet, she had managed to contact Elijah. So I sat there, staring at the wall, bored out of my mind. The bird that annoyed me had stopped chirping, and the light coming through the window was fading.

"Hello?" I called loudly. "Yo! Nathaniel! Can you hear me?! I'm bored!"

There was no response.

"Maybe you could come down and untie me?!" I shouted. "We can play Monopoly if it makes you feel better!"

I heard a shifting and the door opened, revealing Nathaniel.

"It's time," he stated,

"To play Monopoly?" I guessed hopefully.

"Nope, to kill your buddy Klaus."

I glared at him.

"You're going to regret this. Once I'm out of these ropes, I'm going to kill you," I threatened.

"That's the great thing about compulsion. You have no free will," he grinned. He kneeled down infront of me and looked into my eyes, his pupils dilating. "When I untie you, you will not run, or fight, you will simply follow me and wait for further instructions. Do you understand?"

"I understand," I repeated in a monotone.

"Good."

He moved behind me and untied the ropes. I tried to turn around and attack him, but my body wouldn't respond. Glaring at nothing inparticular, I muttered under my breath.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my arm and dragging me through the door. We walked up some stairs that opened to a small hallway. He pulled me through another door and we were suddenly outside. The sun was going down, and we were surrounded by trees. The house we had just came out of was tiny, and in the middle of the woods.

"Nice house," I laughed.

Nathaniel glared at me.

"You didn't compel me to stay quiet," I smirked.

"Don't make me," he growled.

I just grinned at him.

After about ten minutes of walking, we emerged into a small clearing. It looked like someone had poured sand in the shape of a large circle, and four torches were sticking out of the ground around it.

"Nice little set up you've got here. What are the torches for?" I asked.

"They represent the four elements," Nathan said.

"Well, using the elements isn't going to help with killing Klaus," I stated. "So there wasn't really any point in that."

"They will help channel power," he said. "You should know that."

"Well, I was hoping you wouldn't," I shrugged.

"Light them," he instructed, nodding to the torches.

Not having a choice, I waved my hand through the air and they lit up, brilliant flames flaring.

*3rd person POV*

Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah were walking through the woods.

"How do you know where she is Elijah?" Rebekah asked.

"Because I told him," Amarnia muttered.

"Marni?" Rebekah gasped.

Amarnia spun around and stared at her.

"You can see me?" she asked, shock filling her. "Marni must have made the connection stronger. Cool."

Klaus looked at Amarnia.

"You're not Marni," he said, looking at her with suspicious eyes. He then smirked, realisation replacing the suspicion. "Amarnia."

"You know about me?" she asked.

"I know witches who have forseen your presence," he explained. "You've caused quite a stir with the spirits."

"Yes, well it's their fault that I'm stuck like this, and not in my true form," she muttered bitterly.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Rebekah asked incredulously, looking back and forth from Klaus and Armarnia.

Klaus looked like he was going to say something, but Amarnia snapped her head to the side.

"Marni's moving," she said, before hurrying off in a different direction. The three Originals looked at each other before following after her.

*Marni POV*

I was standing in the middle of the circle, trying to break the compulsion Nathan had over me. It wasn't working.

"Now all that's left to do is get Klaus to show up," Nathan said.

"Let me guess, you're going to use my phone and threaten that you'll kill me if he doesn't show up?" I asked in a bored tone.

He raised an eyebrow. "Actually, yeah."

"I get kidnapped a lot," I shrugged. "It get's predictable."

"I bet they didn't make you kill your friend," he grinned.

"No," I answered. "So I suppose you get points for that. But luckily, you won't to have to make the call. My friends are already here."

I looked over to the edge of the clearing, and Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah casually strolled out. Almarnia was no where to be seen, but I then realised that she was standing next to me. She smirked and nodded at me.

It was dark by now, and the only light was coming from the torches and the almost full moon.

"What do we have here?" Klaus called in an amused tone.

I heard Nathaniel growl, and Klaus laughed.

"I remember you," he said. "1987 I think it was. You were with that other vampire... Keslea, was it? We had a great time. Until I killed her, that is."

"And for that, you're going to die tonight," Nathan stated.

"Oh yeah, that's right. You're going to get Marni to kill me," Klaus laughed. "Go on, give it your best shot. I'd love to see how it turns out."

"I see you managed to get a message to them," Nathan muttered, glaring at me.

"She's tricky that way," Elijah stated, a ghost of a smile on his face.

I stared at Klaus incredulously.

"You do realise that I'm actually going to be forced to kill you right?" I asked.

"I'm aware."

"Then shouldn't you like, run or something?" I suggested.

"Nah, I'd rather stick around," he shrugged.

Then I realised something. He was relying on the fact that I'd be able to bring him back to life. And he'd have Rebekah for reassurance, because she'd kill me if I didn't.

"You're a sneaky little bastard aren't you?" I laughed in disbelief.

He smirked, obviously knowing I'd figured out his plan.

"He always has been," Rebekah said.

"Well he won't be after I kill him," Nathan said.

"Oh, just get over it," Rebekah said. "So your girlfriends dead. She was bound to die anyway."

"He killed her for no reason," Nathan growled. "I want to make him suffer."

"By killing him?" I asked. "You have no imagination, what so ever."

"Agreed," Amarnia muttered, although only Elijah and I could hear her. I frowned when Rebekah and Klaus looked exactly where she was. Maybe she had gotten throught to them as well?

"Shut up!" Nathan hissed, back handing me across the cheek. My head snapped to the side, and my cheek went tingly.

Elijah moved foward, but when he neared the torches, the flames rose up high, as if angry at how close he got. Elijah was forced back and Nathan laughed.

"It won't be that easy," he said.

"Enough," Klaus sighed boredly. "All this talk is boring me. Get on with it already."

"Very well."

Nathan walked infront of me and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"You will kill him," he instructed. "Even if it kills yourself. You will not stop until all three of them are dead."

No! Not Elijah and Rebekah! Even if it was only Klaus who died, I didn't know it I had the power to bring him back, let alone all three of them.

I tried to fight against it, but it was like someone else was controlling my body.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to the three Originals.

I closed my eyes and I began to chant incoherant words. I could feel the power swell up inside me and my eyes snapped open. The flames of the torches were rising, and my hair was swirling around me.

Amarnia stood next to me, and it took me a minute to realise she was aying something.

"Fight it Marni," she urged. "You can do it. Break the compulsion."

I heard Rebekah gasp, her being the first to be affected by the Necromancy. She dropped to her knees and clutched her chest. Elijah and Klaus looked from her to me with frantic eyes.

"Come on! You can do it!" she shouted into my ear. "Focus. You're stronger than he his. His compulsion is nothing!"

And I tried, but it didn't work. I saw Elijah go down on one knee, obviously in pain.

"Here, I'll help," Amarnia said. She held her hand out and placed it against my arm.

I felt a surge of power rush through me, and suddenly, I was free. I quickly realised that my power was still focussed on Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah. I turned on Nathan and  his eyes widened. My arms shot out and he screamed, his back arching.

The flames grew even higher, and Rebekah, Elijah and Klaus turned their heads from the flames, holding their jackets up.

Nathan fell to his knee's and his cries stopped, before he fell sideways onto the ground, unmoving. His skin turned gray and veins stood out against his skin. I stopped chanting and the flames of the torches died down.

Everything went quiet, and the only sounds were that of the torches, which crackled quietly with the remaining flames.

I looked at the others and gave a small laugh. My legs swayed and Elijah was across the distance in an instant, catching me as I collapsed.

"Thanks best buddie," I smiled weakly.

"Come on, let's leave," Klaus said.

Elijah nodded, and I watched the stars as we walked.

It was about five minutes before I fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS!!!! :D

So yeah, it's been like a million years since I uploaded. But hopefully this chapter will make up for it? Eh? Eh? No? Okay. I'll leave.

So this week has been super busy. Mainly because I was at my friends house, and I recently joined the gym, which is really fun, and it has been pouring down rain here, so I got flooded out and was stuck at my friends for a couple of days. But, I took a day off school for you guys so I could upload. That and I really wanted to sleep.

But I got it done.

So what happened in this chapter... Oh yeah, Marni found a new friend, Emma, and if any of you have read Unnatural by Hon3ySw33tCandy, you will recognise her as the main character from that story. But the Emma in my story is slightly different, she's just a werewolf, nothing special much.

A lot of you guys have been asking me to write more about Claudia. For those of you who don't remember, Claudia was Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah's little sister. I mentioned her about twice. Marni reminds Klaus and Elijah of her. So I did a flashback, for you guys.

Even though it's short, it was really fun to write. I may do more Original flashbacks, I'm not sure yet. In the tv show, what happened to Claudia happened to Henrik, their brother. In my story Claudia is the alternate to Henrik. But yeah, I hoped you guys liked that.

Yep, epicness at the end. Marni was kidnapped again. She gets kidnapped like everyday. But I was bored, so I was like eh, let's do it.

Go Amarnia! Yeah, I sat there for about an hour trying to come up with a name for her, because I was sick of calling her Marni's evil twin. So I created that name. I tried to make it something that the name Marni could be short for, and that was all I had.

Well, that's all the ranting I have for now, so yeah, hope you liked it. Elijah was in it :D And so was Klaus, and Kol and Damon! My favorites :D

BYE!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 599 43
She is a girl sixteen years old the catch is shes been alive for 137 years shes a vampire-witch hybrid Shes a Salvatore and a Saltzman but what kind...
219K 5K 35
Alison is 19 years old and she used to live in Mystic Falls with her godfather Zach back when she was 17, now she is coming back, but where is Zach...
1.5M 34.3K 71
Alexandria is Damon and Stefan's little sister. She is 16, beautiful, a bitch and let's not forget a Salvatore. Alexandria has only returned to he...
50.4K 415 14
scarlet Hamilton may seem like your average eighteen year old Teenager but she's got a dark secret, she returns to Mystic Falls to pick up her puzzle...