Arranged Marriage

By Jesselle_Loves_You

Normani Kordei Hamilton has a hatred for Dinah Jane Hansen. there is no explanation on why she hates Dinah be... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18

chapter 13

2.2K 101 14
By Jesselle_Loves_You

Normani pov

i set off to my uncle's cabin and all the memories started coming back. he's the reason i started hating guys. i was little and he was drunk. if Dinah actually knew what had happened, i don't think she'd want to stay with me.

*trigger warning: drunk and rape*

*flashback*

*14 years ago*

"Normani, come here." uncle Norman said, patting his lap.

i didn't disobey him because he was drunk. he had a bottle in his hand, drinking it as i got on his lap. i could feel his hands start going up on my leg. i got off his leg and tried to run. he caught me, grabbing a handful of my hair, as he dragged me across the floor. he hurled his empty bottle at the wall, causing me to flinch. he grabbed my face roughly.

"you know what happens when you disrespect me." he said, unbuckling his belt buckle.

i squirmed around, trying to get out of his grip. when i got out, i ran again. i could've made it out if i hadn't tripped. he grabbed my legs as he dragged me again. his pants were off and he harshly flipped me around. he took off my pants and underwear, before inserting his thing into my thing. i screamed out in pain as he forcefully went deeper. i begged him to stop but he didn't listen. he kept going at it. i laid there helpless because he held me down so i couldn't move. i cried as he began to shake. he took it out and started touching it going up and down. whatever came out of it got on me and i screamed.

he smiled at me before putting some on his finger and shoving it in my mouth. he forced me to taste whatever shot out of his thing. after that day, i begged my dad to never leave me alone with uncle Norman. i told him everything and my dad was so furious. i never knew what happened but i stopped seeing uncle Norman. he was completely gone.

*end of flashback*

i shuddered when i came back to reality. i gripped the steering wheel as i looked at the cabin in front of me. out of all places, why did you have to choose this one?

i got out of my car and knocked on the door. when i heard someone say 'come in', i entered and saw my grandfather swishes his drink in his hand smiling at me.

"i knew you'd come. it was only a matter of time."

"you didn't have to kill her."

"actually i did. if i didn't, my boy wouldn't stand a chance in marrying you."

"why?"

"it is a sin for a girl and girl to be together. god made a girl and boy for a reason."

"you love who you love regardless of gender."

"that is what you think. that is not what i think. tell me can two girls get pregnant? what about two boys?"

"no they can't. it's not your life, they might want to adopt kids or just not want any at all. why is it any of your business?"

"it disgusts me that two genders fall in love. i don't like it and i will not have my granddaughter be one of those people."

"you can't change who i am."

"maybe not but you will forcefully love this guy and have his kids."

"i will not."

"oh yes you will."

"if i don't?"

"i'm going after the ones you love first. i'm going to save your parents for last."

"fine! just don't hurt them! you already took the one i love. can you not take another?"

"sure, but you're going to have to marry him and love him. then you're going to have his kids."

"if that's all you want then fine. i'll do it. on one condition."

"name it."

"i only have one kid from him and after that, i get to divorce him."

"deal."

"i'll see you at my wedding." i said, shaking his hand before leaving.

i don't know what i got myself into but all i know is that as long as i only have one child from him, i can leave. i swear to god if he doesn't let me leave, i'll be pissed. there's no way in hell that i'm going to stay with a loser.

xxxx

"you don't have to do this." Tori tells me, as she walked in the room.

"what am i supposed to do? i was going to have to do this anyway."

"Dinah loved you a lot Normani. she stayed by you despite your rudeness. she cared for you when you didn't. she's one of a kind and now that she's gone is so unreal. i feel like she really isn't gone."

"but she is, Tori. the only girl i loved is gone. all because of him."

"that is true but did you ever think that maybe this was all for a reason? that Dinah's death was reasonable for what's coming in the future?"

"what do you mean?"

"like her death meant something."

"okay?"

"you know what, never mind. you don't understand. maybe you will one day. i don't know."

"i guess so."

"i have to go back to work. take care of yourself. call me if you need anything."

"bye." was all i said to her before curling up.

i held the teddy bear that she had gotten me for my birthday a few months ago and cried.

*flashback*

"Mani?" Dinah called out, as i emerged from the bathroom.

"what's up?"

"first of all, happy birthday Princess." she said, pulling me into a hug then a kiss.

"thanks."

"second of all, i'm taking you out for your 21st birthday. i want this birthday to be the most memorable because you're spending it with me."

i playfully hit her at her cockiness. she laughed before pulling me into a hug.

"you already are making my life memorable just by being in it."

"aweh thanks princess but i'm taking you out. Zendaya, Ally, and Camila are on the way to take you out first. you're going to look beautiful by the time, you see me."

"am i not beautiful?"

"oh, you're more than beautiful. you're my gorgeous princess that i can't wait to marry on July 7."

"mhm."

"you should go, they're waiting for you."

she gave me a kiss before ushering me out of the door. when i was outside, the girls were leaning against the car looking around. i cleared my throat and they immediately stood up straight.

"we have direct orders from Dinah."

"i know and i'd love to see where i'm going."

"that is a surprise but for now, you can see where we're taking you to get ready."

i nodded as i got in the car. Zendaya was driving, Ally in the passenger and Camila beside me. i really didn't know what to expect today but i was down for the surprise.

xxxx

after they got me ready, they covered the windows preventing me from seeing anything. i chuckled at this and listened to some music. when the car came to a stop, i stopped my music and saw the car door open. before leaving the car, i could tell where we were.

"why are we at the carnival?" i asked, looking at the girls.

"she'll have the answer for you." Ally told me as Dinah walks up to me.

"i heard that you've never been to a carnival before so i took the liberty of finding a place that had a carnival in town."

"you shouldn't have."

"i did because you deserve to have fun. it may seem kiddish but in reality, it's a fun place to go on a date."

"thank you Dinah." i said, kissing her cheek.

"no thank you."

"for what?"

"staying with me."

"i should be the one thanking you for that."

"i said it first, now lets go have some fun." she said, putting an arm around me.

after a few hours, Dinah had managed to win me so many stuffed animals. we were on the ferries wheel when she turned to me. she grabbed my hands and i instantly got worried.

"Mani, you don't know how much you mean to me."

"D, what is this?"

"i just want you to know that i'm confessing."

"confessing what? Dinah, you're scaring me."

"i'm confessing that i'm so in love with you. i want you to know that i want to spend the rest of my life with you. i want you to have our kids. i want them to know that we love them and that they should follow our dreams. i want us to have a happy ending. i want my happy ending to be with you."

i started to cry as she leaned down to kiss me. she kisses my cheeks before looking at me. in this moment, i was happy. she had made my birthday unforgettable.

*end of flashback*

i'll always love you, Dinah. forever and always.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 837 18
They both have a tough decision to make... Normani has always been there for the people that needed her most, she hits a major downfall but who will...
34K 1.5K 15
Normani Kordei Hamilton is a reserved person that only likes to take photos of random things that she considers to be beautiful. she has been friends...
473K 14.6K 45
Normani's previous relationship was not the best--neither were her other ones. It had almost become a cycle. She made a vow that she would never fall...
11.1K 433 12
Normani Kordei Hamilton goes through the experience of life , love , heartbreak , hate , self harm . will the journey end on bad terms or good terms...