A Weasley Mess *ON HOLD - REW...

Autorstwa Nithmen

Because everyone needs a happy/feel-good story. 1993, her final year of school - at Hogwarts. The Weasley twi... Więcej

I.Frenchie
II.Fight them with love
III.October Wonderland
IV.The Joy of Family
V.I swear, they're trying to convert me
VI.That's some Weasley!
VII.Merry Christmas
VIII.It's magic
IX.Firewhiskey
X.May I snog your brother?
XI.Planning your doom
XII.End of an Era
XIII.So... I'm snogging your brother.
A/N - semi important
XV.Back to Hogwarts
XVI.Weasleyfied
XVII.Fairylight and flames
XVIII.Finishing touches
XIX.Common room
XX.Future unspoken
XXI.The Burrow
XXII.Percy
XXIII.Askepott

XIV.Happy Birthday

5.8K 157 31
Autorstwa Nithmen

A/N: Ooooh, it's going down!

Mrs. Weasley had baked an immensely delicious chocolate cake, decked with chocolate mousse and strawberries in heaps of layers.

How that wonderful woman had found strawberries at this time of year she did not know, but it was officially the best thing she had ever tasted.

Even Máni sat at the chair next to her, by the table, munching on cream and a side dish of chicken - the weirdest combination.

"Now, sweetie - why don't you open your presents?" She was slightly taken aback, not expecting them to actually have bought her anything.

"Presents, for me?" She stuttered, putting down her spoonful of cake.

"Of course, dear." Mrs. Weasley crooned, bustling herself around the kitchen, only to levitate a small pile of presents over to the the table.

It was officially the best day ever - or the second best.

From Mr and mrs Weasley she had gotten her another Weasley sweater, but this time it was pure silver with a large golden W embroidered on it. Claire had cried a little while hugging Molly.

Percy had neatly wrapped a picture of the two of them down by The Black Lake, a pile of books in front of them while Claire dragged Percy out into the lake.

The twins gave her a box of "sweets" as they said, winking at her.

Ginny had gotten her a matching mood ring, so that they now had friendship rings.

Charlie gave her a box filled with a sneakoscope, candy and a book named "Do you often stumble in your own feet?". That had earned him a candy thrown at his head.

Finally Bill had given her a small bottle of Firewhiskey and a silver heart necklace.

She had never gotten so many personal gifts. It wasn't just dresses and expensive rings, but things that made her feel at home.

Yet the biggest surprise came with a certain grey owl.

The royal looking bird soared down to the open window, dwarfing poor Herold whom had taken a nap in the windowsill.

"Shoot, that's Mardrøm." Claire sighed, getting up from the chair while brushing a few cake crumbs off her white top.

"What did you call the gargoyle bird?" Charlie scratched his head.

"That's mother's owl, his name means quite literally nightmare." She untied the formal looking letter from his foot and offered him an owl treat. The looming grey just took off without paying any more attention.

Claire leaned against the windowsill as she used her nails to loosen the wax seal.

"Min elskede datter. (My beloved daughter)

I wish you a happy birthday.

We, I and your father that is, are vacationing in Italy for the time being. It is far better than London.

I have received word from Alfred, your third cousin, and his parents. Since you are officially of age now, in Sweden that is, they are willing to finalize the engagement contract.

I have told them that it will happen soon, of course. We are very glad that this will be happening this soon, earliest it will happen a few weeks after you finish your last year at Hogwarts.

I will be expecting your agreement in the next letter, just for the formalities.

Your mother."

She wished to tear it apart and set it ablaze, destroying all evidence.

The sad part was that her mother had only acknowledged her birthday in one short sentence. The outrageous part was that her mother did not expect her to object this arranged marriage.

Like hell she was marrying Alfred!

"Claire, breathe." Bill came up to her and took the letter out of her hand, putting one hand around her waist.

"Was that from your parents, dear?" Mrs. Weasley tried calmly, looking at her per se adopted daughter with pity.

The tall, statuesque girl seemed to slump a little, as if having the wind knocked out of her.

"Just my mother." Claire tried for a smile, but it turned out all wrong. Her face felt tight, uncomfortable. She felt angrier by the minute.

Bill looked down at the letter, but the unreadable language made him shake his head.

"What is it, what is this?" He raised the letter, trying to catch the eye of his girlfriend.

Claire looked over at Bill, a small smile at the corner of her lip. It seemed more sad than anything else.

"She wants to finalize my arranged marriage." Several things happened at once.

Percy spat out the tea he had been sipping, Ginny jumped up an cried,

"WHAT?" Mr Weasley dropped his cup, the twins went eerily quiet and mrs Weasley bustled over to to them, grabbing the letter from Bill's hand.

Of course Molly couldn't read Norwegian, so she waved her wand and muttered a translation spell.

Everything was quiet for half a moment before it seemed like Mrs. Weasley had started boiling somewhere inside her head.

"Now that's it, I cannot adopt you officially - but you are not going back to them after the school year is over. Over my dead body!" She stormed out of the kitchen, ranting angrily under her breath.

"So... they haven't given up on that Swedish bloke then?" Charlie tried to smile, but it came off weakly.

"They can't make you sign anything, not in England at least." Mr Weasley cleaned up his cup.

"I'm not marrying some Swedish tool that my parents like." Claire managed to smile.

"Nope, you're dating a guy that your parents will absolutely despise." Bill grinned.

They let Bill and Claire have their day mostly to themselves, knowing that the new lovebirds would be split up the next day.

"Man, I can't believe you're going back to Hogwarts tomorrow." Bill smiled a little, walking backwards as he dragged Claire by the hand through Diagon Alley.

They had decided that going window shopping wouldn't be too bad.

"And that you're going back to work... hey, at least the both of us will be in Scotland!" She grinned, not even sensing anyone else in the packed street.

"We'll meet up in Hogsmeade whenever the both of us can."

"And maybe I can get some weekends off!"

"Don't mention that to Percy, he'll kill you for slacking off." Bill laughed, a deep and throaty sound that only made her smile even wider.

"Oh goodness, don't remind me of the N.E.W.Ts!" She in turn dragged him to the ice cream place.

Claire got chocolate mint chip and marshmallow fluff caramel with dark chocolate. Bill got pecan and salty caramel with chocolate.

"What are your exam subjects, anyways?"

"Potions, DADA, transfiguration, herbology, charms, Care of magical creatures, Ancient Studies, Muggle studies and Alchemy." She shrugged, knowing that she had totally gone overboard. Bill gaped.

"I'm almost afraid to steal you away from your studies now." She shot him a steely look.

"Don't you dare step back on our dates, William!" He raised his hands in mock defeat.

"Man, you're gonna be utterly destroyed by the end of the year.

Their day at Diagon Alley hadn't been too eventful, but it had sure been nice. Bill had payed for everything, he had even held her hand the entire day.

Currently they were back in the Weasley living room. Ginny was reading a book, so was Percy and Charlie. The twins were playing exploding snaps, Bill was going over some work papers and Claire was snuggling Máni.

"You guys, I just remembered something!" Fred grinned, almost a bit too mischievously.

"And what is that?" Ginny looked up from her book.

"Flint and Grant are gonna be absolutely heartbroken!" And with that the twins and Ginny started snickering loudly, even Percy had to grin a little.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

70.3K 1.9K 39
A holiday at the burrow with the Weasley's and the golden trio. You've fancied Ron for a while but after some drama something sparks between you and...
51.2K 1.4K 44
"We aren't friends?" Fred's tone was hard to read. "Well, I don't know, would you call us friends?" "Yeah?" I hummed thoughtfully. His face contor...
13.2K 364 66
"i like you." he says, finally spitting the words out. i stare up at him, he's sweating from his Quidditch match and his hair is sticking to his ski...
54.6K 1K 56
The Weasley twins have been friends with Victoria Chase for the longest time even if their feelings get in the way of each other. As they grow older...