How to Punch Soren McKinin | ✓

By Chatachino

Soren McKinin; the disappointment of the family, the child his parents wished did not belong to them, the typ... More

The tattoo
C A S T
1. the unanswered conundrum
2. treasured silence
3. lions and tigers and bears, oh my
4. the pursuit of happiness
5. willingly drowning
6. lifeline
7. to be king
8. bonding over mangos
9. slow beating hearts
10. a dying love for food
11. the four deadly brothers
12. warmth of her
13. his death kept him alive
Authors Note
14. smoking to die or smoking to breathe?
15. respectful conversations
16. to be or not to be
17. a game, winner takes all
18. protect your blood
19. wet sneezes
20. diaphragms
21. closed off
22. the art of giving up
24. food fights and flowers
25. unwanted
26. recreating her image
27. tattoo's and regrets
28. burnt tears
29. to dance is to fly
30. fresh bullets
31. his reasons
32. the heartless and the mindless
33. money, money, money
34. footprints
35. finding his reason to live
36. blacks and blondes
37. the inevitable ending
38. duck analogies
39. the misconception of happiness
40. following tides
41. Bricks (part 1)
42. Bricks (Part 2)
43. Traditions and Pancakes
44. White lies
45. A candle in the wind
Being published
46. HeartBeats
BONUS
Book 2: COLIN MCKININ
NEENA EELANTE
WE ARE SORENNN FLYINNN
Sneak peak of Soren McKinin in the flesh! | sold out

23. baby steps

217K 12.6K 13.5K
By Chatachino

S O R E N

The little girl with golden hair planted her small butt on my shoe and gripped onto my leg tightly. I stopped my training and stared down to meet bright green eyes looking up at me.

"Um, F-Fleck," I stuttered unsure how to react, "There's a little human on my leg."

She giggled and smiled at me, her two front teeth missing.

Fleck walked towards me slowly and stared down at the girl with pride, "That would be meh first granddaughter."

"You took her to a place where people beat other humans up?" I said in shock, un-strapping my gloves, I put them on the ground and watched as she leaned over and grabbed one. Her small hands only being able to hold one glove, I picked her up and held her to my chest.

"Hey beautiful." I smiled and watched as she
put a hand on my naked chest before withdrawing quickly, making a distasteful expression.

Sweat cover my body and I realized probably her too, holding her a pace out from my chest. I looked at Fleck. Well, I looked where Fleck had been.

She went for my sweaty hair and pulled it on it, I laughed softly, "What's your name?"

"Beer-twhis." She grinned proudly, putting both hands inside the glove.

"Beatrice?" I placed her on the ground and squatted down to her level, "What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

I pulled the glove away from her and took her hand in mine, "Want to learn how to punch?"

She nodded, her golden locks flowing over cheeks as she pouted in concentration. I laughed and took her fingers, making them into a fist.

"Now, make sure the thumb is always out, not tucked away." She nodded seriously and I couldn't help but smile, "You need to hit that red bag, but keep your wrists straight. You think you can do that—"

She jumped, trying to hit the bag that was built for my height and above. She being only 2' and I being 6'2" was no help for anyone. Not knowing what took over me I picked her up and placed her on my shoulders, she punched her little heart out.

"Soren." Flecks voice laughed in my ear, "Please tell meh yer soft spot ain't children?"

I ignored him which caused him to fall into a fit of laughter.

"You'd make eh great dad, kid." He wiped a tear away from his eyes, taking Beatrice off my shoulders before he winked, "Stay safe."

I grinned in pride waving to the little blonde girl, "You know Fleck, I wouldn't be half bad."

J A Y

I looked up at the sign that hung above the metal door, two fist clashing together.
I gulped, this was such a bad idea. He didn't want to be around me and yet here I was, practically stalking him. No, I was here with a purpose.

I took a step forward before I turned around,
Nope I can't do it—come on Jay!

My hand gripped the door handle and I pulled it open—who knew sweat could be such a strong smell?

I walked by the empty counter and opened the door to reveal a room full of men and women training, who looked terrifying. There were at least four boxing rings down the centre of the room, one side was weights and the other was different punching bags.

A man walked up to me, his grey hair and fierce eyes caught my attention first, "Yer lost miss?"

"Um, no." I looked around the gym for a moment before bringing my attention to back him, "I'm looking for someone."

"This someone get eh name?" He crossed his arms and I stood up straighter, feeling completely and utterly intimidated.

"Soren McKinin?" His expression didn't change as he looked me up and down, "Er, black hair, blue eyes, tall, well built, got a good jaw?"

He raised and eyebrow at me before he turned around and pointed to the big man throwing a girl with hair like the sun into the air. My mouth dropped and he cuddled her before throwing her into the air, "SOREN!"

He caught her before he turned to the beck of the the man, his face was deadpan as his eyes met mine.

"Stick to the plan." I whispered to myself as I walked up to him. Soren put the girl on the ground and told her to go play. She sat on his shoe and undid his shoelaces, I looked at her before my eyes found Soren's cold ones.

"Hey." I smiled and shuffled my feet awkwardly when he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me, "Okay, first off I didn't stalk you. I asked Colin, which doesn't count..."

He sighed and looked past me in boredom before looking back into my eyes, "Um, I know you don't want to see me anymore but," I handed him the money from the days we spent together.

"Why?" He asked in surprise, taking it out of my hand slowly.

"I wanted you to know I didn't do it for the money. Sure, it helped me a lot but I can't fall asleep knowing you only thought I hung out with you because of that." I licked my lips nervously and put my hands together, waiting for him to say something.

He mumbled a soft 'thanks' and stuffed the money in his pocket. I forced my eyes to stay forced on his face not his shirtless chest.

"Is that all?" He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh well," I laughed awkwardly, "I just thought you'd have one of those moments where you came to a realization and we could be friends again."

His blank expression made me feel disconnected from the conversation even though I was directing it, he said emotionlessly, "I guess not."

I nodded and turned away, I hadn't taken one step before Soren's body came crashing down on mine. My cheek smashed into the ground as Soren's heavy frame knocked the wind out of me.

"Shit. You alright?" He cursed pulling himself up so he didn't squash me further, I turned over on my back and stared at his blues eyes.

"Considering a 6 foot man, weighing twice my size just squashed me into tiles, I'm peachy."  I groaned, grabbing my temple. I closed my eyes from the headache that was already forming, I was completely knocked off guard, nothing braced me for the fall.

My eyes snapped open when Soren ran his thumb along my cheek, his eyes still dull, "That going to be one heck of a bruise."

The little girl's cries could be heard through gym as Fleck spanked her, she'd tied Soren's shoelaces together...Which meant he'd taken a step after me.

Soren's eyes flicked between mine as his mind raced, I placed a hand on his cheek and smiled, pushing his face to one side playfully. He faded in and out of my version making me feel sick.

I watched unmoving, frozen to the core as Soren lowered his face down to my level, his lips kissed my bruised cheek gently.

"Better?"

I closed my eyes, "I'd love to say yes but I think..." I moaned from the pain, "Soren, I think I have a..."

"Fleck!" Soren's cries echoed my head, bouncing off my temple painfully, "Her eyes have gone foggy."

-

Guys I can't believe it. We've reached 24.9k views with 3k votes! How amazing is that! It might be small to some I totally honoured. I hope one day more people will get to enjoy this book ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.3K 58
(Book 1 in the 'Need Series') Aron's past ruined him. Turned his anxiety into his worst night mare and kept his fear alive every day. People call hi...
938K 26.6K 54
"Where the hell are your shoes?" The stranger asks. "I sleepwalk." DISORDER SERIES: INSOMNIA DAMAGED ADDICTION Notice** These books do not have the s...
925K 45.4K 29
When Charlie gets away from his drug dealing father and is sent to live with his grandparents, things aren't suddenly okay. Charlie's broken. He's no...
241K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...