When Time Eludes You (Percabe...

By Fromyesteryear

"I stood on the tip of my toes to catch a glimpse of his jet black hair through the ever-growing maze of peop... More

1 - Don't go...
2 - Different ways
3 - Return
4 - Old friend
5 - A good Lie...
6 - Safe
7 - Surreal
8 - Caught...
9 - All She Needs Is...
10 - Waking up
11 - Saved or not saved?
12 - Mystery of A Mirror
13 - Make it or Fake it?
14 - Home Sweet Home...?
15 - Percy, I am your father
16 - Blue Food!
17 - Revenge
18 - Stockholm
19 - Staying or Going
21 (pilots lmao) - A Familiar Face
22 - (Don't) Do it
23 - Awkward Lunch, Anyone?
24 - Stolen... Thoughts?
25 - The Plan's a Go
26 - Don't Trust The Trusting
27 - But it Will Work
28 - It Never Really Ends
29 - Surprise
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, AND THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO MAKE UP THEIR MINDS
SEQUEL?
Okay so there's news
The End!!

20 - Listen

2.2K 68 32
By Fromyesteryear

Percy's POV

"Annabeth. Please... just- just listen to me!" I paced back and forth, kicking at the floor aimlessly.

"No, you listen here. You promised you'd be there for me. You haven't even told me why you have to go back! The least you could do is explain yourself!" She stormed up to me, waving her hand in my face.

"A- Annabeth..." I started.

She must have seen the hopelessness in my eyes as her face expression quickly softened.

"Percy, if it's something bad, I'll understand. Heck, I'll even come with you. But if your just homesick... I'll let you go alone. But you promised..."

She led me to her bed in the hotel room and sat us both down.

I took a shaky breath. She was my best friend but... should I really tell her about my mom? Didn't my mom deserve that tiny but of privacy?

Then again, this might be my only chance to go home and help her and if I left without Annabeth understanding why...

"My mom." I mumbled weakly.

"What?" She whispered back soothingly, rubbing my back as I calmed down.

"My mom... she's being... by Gabe- and I- I left her. It's my fault."

I stumbled on my words, not quite gaining the confidence to speak.
Annabeth caught her breath.

"You mean... yes of course you do." She said to herself, then practically tackled me with a hug. Silent tears ran down my face as she comforted me.

I wondered whether other high schoolers went through... this. No. My life probably messed itself up, if only to hurt me.

Why me?

"We should start packing. Our money's running out anyway, so I guess..." she didn't finish the thought. We both knew what she was talking about anyway.

The very next day we were ready and boarding the flight.
I would never forget the time in Stockholm we'd had together.

It was amazing.

The time a seagull stole my blue ice cream, when Annabeth and I had raced through most museums in the whole city, when we'd stayed up to five a.m watching Netflix...
"Hey." Annabeth squeezed my hand as we sat down in our seats.

"We can do this again, right? I mean... after college and... the rest." She asked, smiling shyly at me.

"Sure Wise Girl. Just... let's sort through our mess of a life first."

She chuckled at my response.

Guess she thought everything was spinning out of control just as much as I thought.

"Oh my God! Ms. Chase?!"

I heard someone shout loud and clear from the seats to our right.

"Erm... yeah?"

She answered blindly, straining her neck to see whom was shouting her name.

I spotted a teen with short blonde hair, much like Annabeths, and amber eyes. I liked her eyes, but not as much as Annabeths.

"Your... your thee Annabeth Chase?" She asked ecstatically.

Wise Girl nodded slowly.

The girl squealed and jumped from the seat, obstructing the passengers clambering into the plane.

She threw her arms around her, causing Annabeth to glance at me worriedly. I laughed.
The girl pulled away from the massive hug and stared at Annabeth.

"I'm glad you take... interest in me but why, exactly, do you?"

The girl sighed, almost dreamily.

"You're the one with the blog, right? You post the... the architectural ideas for buildings! I'm like your biggest fan! When are you going to update? Why are you in Stockholm? I thought you were in like New York City! Not that I'm stalking you or anything I just heard-"

"It's okay. Chill, I get it. But my blog isn't even that popular, how...?"

As I sat squished in my seat, the girl decided it was a great idea to sit in my lap, as if I wasn't dying enough already.

I huffed, but the girl took no interest in the person she now sat on.
She reached across to her seats and pulled her bag up to her.
She grabbed her computer and quickly connected it to her phones hotspot or whatnot.
She searched up Annabeths supposed blog I'd never heard about before, and passed it to Annabeth before I could put in a word of my own.

Her jaw fell to the floor.

"This... this can't be real!"

She shouted, causing several glared to be shot at the three teenagers sprawled across two seats.

Only I seemed to notice, and I slipped a little further into my seat.

"What can't be real?"

I asked. They ignored me.

"But I posted the last thing weeks ago!" She shouted.

"Posted what?" I asked.

They ignored me again.

I tried to cross my arms but failed.

A flight attendant walked up to us and told us we're taking off and to get in our seats.
We obeyed.

"What blog?" I asked sharply.

"It's just a blog I post architectural ideas I have, no biggie." I opened my mouth to protest, but she held a finger up.

"And, I would have told you of you were interested in architecture, which, by the last time I checked, you are not."

I pouted.

"Am too."

"Are not."

***

Annabeths POV

We squeezed ourselves out of the yellow taxi, once again walking down the streets I'd hoped not to see for a long, long time.
   "You ready?"
I asked Percy, who quickly shook his head which didn't do him any good as his hair already looked like a deceased porcupine.

Quite cute, in my opinion.

As the taxi drove away, I grabbed his hand- as a gesture of kindness- hoping he'd be reassured.
   "Come on then, Seaweed Brain."
He took a deep breath and we walked up the stairs leading to his apartment, hand in hand.

His hand hovered over the doorbell, as if pressing it would change his life- which in a way I suppose it could.
   "Wise Girl... I- I don't know what to say. How can you not be mad with me after I dragged you back here? I- I would be mad at me if I did that to me if I was trying to run away from my life. Anna-"
   "Percy!" I paused, careful to word what I was about to say in the right way.
   "You didn't drag me here. I came, and it was my own choice. And you clung to me from the beginning, and that was your choice. I'm returning the favour, Seaweed Brain, because I... I think I l-"
   "Percy?"
The door swung open, and I forgot everything I was about to confess.
   "Sally?"
I asked quietly as Percy averted his eyes off of me and turned to his mother.
She had a black eye with sloppy makeup over it, as if  she didn't even have the energy to apply it properly.
   "Mom..."
He embraced her in a gentle hug, shaking slightly.
I felt like I needed to comfort them both, but I was clearly out of place. This was Sally's fight, and I was intending on letting her plan the coming war herself. With the help of Percy.

I backed up and ran down the stairs. When Percy had figured everything out, I'd be waiting.
I'd be the shoulder he could lean on, like he was for me.

And then I might actually have the time to tell him how I really feel.

I suppose I replaced my brain with my heart after all...

Thanks for reading! Some Percabeth stuff is on its way, don't worry!
The story just needs to build up to the climax of the story first to make it more dramatic...
And seriously... THANKS FOR SO MANY READS AAAHH!!!!!
merci! Tack! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 8.1K 49
Disclaimer ********* I Don't own any of this except the plot line and some new characters. All rights belong to Uncle Rick. This is my first book so...
28.1K 527 21
Percy Jackson is not a good person. At least, not anymore. Percy has been through a lot. Annabeth is dead and his few remaining friends are scatter...
19.5K 518 20
Percy Jackson was abused as a kid, he never told anyone. Just let it happen. Now that he's become older, his anxiety has grown worse. Will he ever te...