Arranged Marriage

By Jesselle_Loves_You

Normani Kordei Hamilton has a hatred for Dinah Jane Hansen. there is no explanation on why she hates Dinah be... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18

chapter 9

3.4K 146 81
By Jesselle_Loves_You

Dinah pov

"Mani, what are you doing here?"

she didn't reply but instead hugged me tightly. she let out a sigh as i wrapped my arms around her.

"i needed to see you. it has almost been a month and i've been missing you like crazy. i wasn't supposed to be here but i couldn't not see you."

"you wanted this."

"you're right, i'm sorry. i shouldn't be here, i'll just go."

she lets me go and as she's about to walk out, i grabbed her wrist pulling her back.

"please don't leave again."

"i wouldn't dream of it."

i broke the hug and kissed her head. she smiled and kissed my cheek.

"you were supposed to be distant."

"i know what i said to Zendaya. she said it would be better if i stayed away from you. i did that and i always thought of you."

"i heard that you've been crying."

"you heard correctly."

"i thought you didn't like me."

"i thought so too until the day my dad wanted to know what i wanted to do. i hid my feelings and thought that if we parted, i'd feel better. truth is, i can't live without you Dinah. i miss coming home to you, sleeping next you, having the feeling of your lips on mine even if it was just one time, how you took me to your treehouse, how i spent 5 hours trying to find your favorite flower so i could give it to you, i miss everything."

"i want the truth of what happened when you were in sixth grade. i know my sister's side but i need to know yours."

"what do you know?"

"Kehlani was the one that bullied you. Lauren was the sister in your grade."

"wait, how old are you?"

"i'm 19."

her mouth dropped open and i just reached over to close it.

"you don't look 19."

"Mani, i never saw you until my freshman year."

"so all this time i've been angry at the wrong person."

"yes you have but if you weren't going to marry me, you would've married Kehlani."

"why did it go to you?"

"i convinced my dad to let me do it. Kehlani isn't into girls but he was like i don't care if she doesn't like girls. i told him that it'd be better if i married you because i could handle it."

"so he agreed?"

"after a whole lot of convincing. Kehlani wasn't aware about it and she probably knows about it now after i went off on Lauren."

"why?" she asked, as we took a seat on the bed.

"that night i broke down crying as soon as the door closed. i just fell to the floor crying and stayed there for awhile. it wasn't until Lauren came to help me that i moved. she started saying some random shit about you like how you didn't deserve me and blah blah. i yelled at her and she had asked me why i was defending you. i told her it was because i could take the blame for what Kehlani had done. i didn't care if you hated me or not. i wanted to save you from actually falling for someone that hurt you."

"that's where you're wrong. i wouldn't have fallen for Kehlani."

"you wouldn't know that. if you were to get married to Kehlani, who's to say that you wouldn't have fallen for her just like you did with me."

"you're right, i probably wouldn't be here talking to you. one thing for sure is that i'm falling for you, Dinah. i believe that if i had married Kehlani, this would've been different. i'm glad that i got to marry you."

"i'm glad to have had a fake wedding with you." i said, smiling.

"you knew?" she asked, surprised.

"of course i knew."

"how?"

"dad told me a week ago. we were just having dinner and he told me because he felt bad that you wanted to divorce me."

"you're not mad?"

"of course i'm not because i was hoping to get married to you for real."

"do you still want to know about my side of the story?"

"i sure do. i'll tell you how i found out too. it's not long though."

"i'm pretty sure mine will be."

i watched as she took a deep breath before grabbing my hands. i entwined our fingers as she looked at me.

"i'm here okay? just calm down and tell me."

"okay so the bullying started and ended in sixth grade. i was new to the school so i didn't know where i was going. i tried to ask someone i saw but when i asked her, she laughed in my face and pushed me on the floor. i watched as her friends came and started laughing at me. they began to make fun of me saying that i didn't belong in that school. when they left, i picked up my things crying. i watched as a girl came to help me after coming from the bathroom. she told me don't mind them because they're jerks. she introduced herself as Zendaya and i introduced myself. that was the first time i had meet Zendaya. she was the one that helped me through the next couple of weeks but i couldn't take the bullying anymore. the moment i didn't want to be there was when i was repeatedly called ugly. that hit me right there and i ran home crying. i asked my dad if he could let me have surgery but he refused. he said he'd withdraw me because he thought i was beautiful. i told him as long as i didn't have to see that girl again i'm okay with that. so for 2 years, i was homeschooled along with Camila. zendaya always came over and my childhood friend Ally came over. they made me forget about what that girl had done to me. when i asked my dad if i could go back to school, he was hesitant. Zendaya told him that she would watch my back if i came back and he agreed. it was great because i never saw that girl and Zendaya protected me. Ally was on her senior year the year i came back but it was okay. then the next year, i saw you come through the entrance and i automatically hated you. i thought you were that girl that did that to me because in some ways, you acted and looked alike. so from then on, i hated you until recently."

"she was that bad?"

"yeah she was. now it's your turn to tell me."

"i found out through Tori, who's a friend of ours and is dating Zendaya or whatever. i was in fifth grade when Tori came running up to me. she pulled me somewhere where the girls couldn't find us. i was confused as to why we had to hide from my sisters but i never questioned it. when we got to that place, she told me everything. she told me how Kehlani was bullying some girl in middle school. she found out from Lauren but she was too scared to tell anyone so she told Tori. when it kept continuing, i was started to get mad. she knew what Kehlani was doing but did nothing to stop it. so when Tori told me that you had moved, i was happy because Kehlani couldn't bully you anymore. years go by and i'm pretending that i love my sisters when in reality, i was angry that Kehlani bullied an innocent girl and Lauren keeping her secret. then i went off on Lauren, who i knew would tell Kehlani. i told her that they better not come to my house because i will change every lock in this house."

"they're your sisters Dinah."

"so? it's not like they asked forgiveness for messing with you."

"that could explain why Lauren never spoke to me until you said something."

"it's still polite to greet someone. anyway, i don't want to forgive them."

"it's been nine years that you secretly hated them. can you just put it to rest?"

"i will when you forgive the girls for what they did to you."

"if that's what you want, then so be it. call them and make sure they go here."

"are you sure about this?"

"we have to stop being angry at the past and i thought you were the one to not hold grudges."

"well i may have lied a little."

"of course you did but just call them. i'm still going to be here if that's what you're worried about."

"it is but now it's not because as long as you're here with me, i'm good."

i pulled her into a kiss for the first time in awhile and let me just say i felt like jelly. she always had this affect on me.

"go call them." she said, breaking the kiss and chuckling softly.

"i will." i mumbled, taking my phone out.

i dialed their number and when they answered, i told them to come over. i abruptly ended the call and reattached my lips with Normani's. i pulled her in my arms and carried her to the couch where we had a make out session. a few minutes later, the doorbell rang and i groaned. i heard Normani laugh before she pushed me off of her. we both got up and went towards the door. i opened it and they came in.

"what is this?" Kehlani asked, crossing her arms.

"this is us forgiving you two for being jerks."

"and why would you do such a thing?"

"Lani, i'm going to marry this girl for real one day and if you don't like her then oh well. i'll cut both of you out of my life forever and you won't see your niece or nephew. you put Normani through hell in middle school. i hope Lauren told you everything because if you didn't know, i've hated your guts since then."

"you're such a snitch! why would you tell Tori?" she yelled at Lauren, who cowered in fear.

"i didn't know what to do! i had to tell someone."

i rolled my eyes before pulling Normani close to me. i kissed her head and saw my sisters stop bickering. they were watching our every move. so i leaned down to give Normani a soft, passionate kiss. i broke the kiss and kissed her forehead before turning to my sisters.

"you really do love her." Kehlani whispered.

"i really do but because of you, i went through the pain of her spitting out so many harsh things. i took the blame for you, i made dad have me be her wife because i knew that if you married her, someone was bound to fall in love and i didn't want that. i wanted Normani to be my wife, to be the one that she falls in love with, not someone who had bullied her into thinking she was ugly."

Kehlani's face turned into a confused look before her eyes widened.

"wait, you're Normani Hamilton? the girl i bullied from middle school?"

"yeah." Normani said, with a soft voice.

"oh holy shit, i didn't know that it was you."

"puberty hit me i guess."

"yes the fuck it did."

i watched as Kehlani watched in astonishment. i pulled Normani into a hug and kept her from looking at Kehlani.

"Lani, back the fuck up. she's my girl and i'm not letting you get anywhere near her."

"Dinah, let me have her."

"i will not let you have her. she's mine and you get nothing."

"Lauren, i want her!"

"Lani, just stop. you're not into girls and besides that is Dinah's girl. Dinah deserves this happiness after what she's been through with us. i'm sorry Normani, i hope you can forgive me."

"it's okay."

Normani let me go to give Lauren a hug but Lauren quickly moved after embracing Normani.

"Lo!" Kehlani whined, as i pulled her away.

"Lani, what did i tell you? she's Dinah's and you can't have her."

"hmph." she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"go find someone else. she loves me and you're just jealous at the fact that i have her."

"i'm also jealous of the fact that she's changed so much since then."

"so have you, you've gotten tattoos and piercings."

"you like?"

"no, what i do like is Dinah. i would appreciate if you would stop hitting on me."

"and if i don't?"

"you won't come to my wedding or seeing your niece or nephew. you'll never see me again." Dinah interrupted.

"D, don't be like that."

"be like what? overprotective?"

"yes!"

"i'm being overprotective for someone that's mine and if you don't like it, go leave. she's never going to love you."

"she could one day."

"there will not be a one day. i'm never letting her go."

"okay Dinah, i'm sorry about everything. for bullying Normani and hitting on her."

"if you try anything, i'm beating your ass up."

"you have my permission. i can't believe you're the girl i bullied back when i was in seventh."

Normani didn't speak but instead buried her face in the crook of my neck. i wrapped my arms around her and looked at Kehlani, with an angry stare since she was staring at Normani's ass. my hands went down to cover her ass.

"all of this is mine, get your eyes off of it."

"sorry." was all Kehlani said before leaving.

"D, i'm really sorry about everything. if you love her, that's great and i'm happy for you. Kehlani will learn to suck it up and be happy for you. you deserve happiness with someone that truly loves you and Normani's the one for you. i'm proud of you. you've changed and grown into a woman that i'm proud to call my sister."

"so i wasn't good enough back then?"

"of course you were, we just weren't as close anymore. we didn't know that you knew but the fact that you played it off was good. don't hurt her, Dinah. she's been through that enough with Kehlani."

"you got it, now go home. Kehlani needs to cool off so i love you."

"i love you too." she said, as she kissed my cheek.

i watched as she left and picked Normani up bridal style. she had fallen asleep so i took her to bed. when i laid her down, she pulled me closer to her.

"don't leave."

"i wasn't planning to." i said, smiling.

i got in the bed and pulled her towards me so i could wrap my arms around her. her head laid on my chest with her leg over mine.

"i really love you Dinah."

"i really love you Normani."

i kissed her head before i closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep, smiling. i finally had my girl back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6K 72
She's my rival... I could never love her... A Norminah Story (Written in Normani's POV) (G!P) (GxG) (14+) Cover by: @willbyrons COMPLETED.
35.5K 1.5K 38
Dinah jane is a girl nobody really knows, except her two best friends. She knows everyone at her school but the one girl she dislikes the most is the...
9.9K 347 1
After finding out that Normani the Nerd was her secret admirer, Dinah Jane the Jock cut her off completely. What happens when Norminah are reacquaint...
23.5K 1.3K 29
Dinah is a drug dealer and in a gang along with her friend, Lauren. Normani is the daughter of a drug addict. When Dinah and Normani cross paths, it...