The Pianist - One Direction

By elinandersson

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~Victor Hugo More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 22

504 12 0
By elinandersson

The concert in Barcelona went amazing. I was feeling a bit nervous the second I was about to go on stage, but someone called for me.

"Issy?" He said. I turned around to see Zayn getting ready to go on as well. "Don't be nervous," he said. "You'll do great. I believe in you." Zayn whispered, and then he left again. If there's one thing I like, it's people who believe I can do things. People who trust me. 

I didn't keep my promise to Lou about shopping in Barcelona, but she understood I wanted to be with my friends and said that we could go shopping in Italy or France instead. 

After the concert we all rushed out, got changed in a hurry and ran to the buses. We were going to drive for the whole night and we didn't want to wait longer than needed. Chelsea, Sam and I went on the bus, followed by Sandy who jumped on one foot because he didn't put his other shoe on.

We had left the stage and made it on the bus in a matter of ten minutes and the crew was already packing the equipment in one of the huge trucks. Yep, we had the best and fastest crew in the world.

The back of the tour buses usually had comfortable couches but we had our instruments in the back of our bus, in what would seem to be the smallest sound-proofed room ever. All the other buses had these amazing sofas that could be pulled out and changed into a big bed, big enough for an awesome sleep over.

And how would you be able to have a sleep over in separated bunk beds? How would we be able to talk before we went to sleep if Josh, Sandy and Dan could hear it all? That would be no sleep over! I decided to text Zayn.

To Zayn: Who are driving your bus? xx

He answered almost right away.

From Zayn: Jared. Why? :) x

To Zayn: Ask him if we can stop at a gas station or something. x

From Zayn: Okay..? xx

From Zayn: He wonders why. :) x

To Zayn: Wait, I'll call you!

The back of the boys' bus had a sofa you easily could turn into a huge bed. If we could stop somewhere, we could sneak over and have our sleep over there. I had sneaked into their bus before but it could be difficult this time, so I thought it would be the best to make them agree on in first. By them I meant Paul, who drove our bus and Jared. I didn't care about the guys in the other bus, they didn't need that space now anyways. Sam asked me who I rang, but I shushed her. Zayn picked up on the first ring, waiting for my call already.

"Why are we going to stop?" He asked. I felt my cheeks heat up, but mentally scolded myself to stop acting like a twelve-year-old. I couldn't get all excited just to hear his voice. There went a line.

"Because we want to have a sleep over but we can't have it here. If Jared agrees on it, the three of us can sleep in the lounge in the back of your bus. You know, if you turn the sofas into a bed?" I said, hoping he would be okay with it. I didn't know why he wouldn't, though.

"Why not? Wait, I'll let you talk to him..." He said and went up to the driver's seat. I could almost see him shrugging when he said 'why not'.

"Hello, you." Jared said. I smiled, because that was what he always said.

"Hi, Jareeeed!" I said, much happier and nicer than usual. He sighed.

"Okay, what do you want?" He asked. There was no reason of lying.

"Can the three of us sleep in your bus? I wanted to ask first so you're okay with it, but we both know that if you say no, I will find a way to do it without your permission." I told him and he chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. Tell Paul we can stop at the gas station outside Sant Sadurní d'Anoia." He said. I ran up to Paul and told him the extremely weird name for a town.

"Thank you, Jared! You're the best." I said and hanged up. Paul raised his eyebrows, but didn't take his eyes of the road.

"Right after you, Paul." I promised and left him to keep driving without me disturbing him.

+++++

"This is pretty amazing." I admitted when we had turned the sofa in the back of the bus into a bed. Sam laughed and opened her laptop to start a movie. Chelsea and I got comfortable with the pillows and blankets and put the bags of chips and candy right next to us. Sam started the movie 'Silverlinings Playbook' with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, which made Chelsea fangirl.

"Jennifer can pretty much pull of any character in any movie and be amazing. And she's such a great role model to young girls. Did you know that she once told an interviewer that..."

"Chelsea! We get it, you have a huge girl-crush on Jennifer Lawrence. Now watch the movie or we'll throw you out of our extremely amazing sleep-over." I exclaimed, nudging her side. It was typical Chelsea to start fangirl in the wrong times. She looked at me with a face that said 'oh please'. And let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Really? You're threatening to throw me out to One Direction? Have you got any idea about how much I love the five of them? It doesn't sound that bad to me." She remarked. I shrugged, but she didn't say anything else.

We were crying to the emotional restaurant scene when the door that separated the part with bunk beds to the lounge part that now was one big bed was opened.

"Are you crying?" Harry asked. We all mumbled a 'no.' and sobbed a little. He heard Jennifer Lawrence's line and his face lit up.

"Hey, that's my future wife!" He exclaimed and threw himself on the bed, right next to Chelsea who was laying on my right. Any normal day she would freak out, but this was different. Her idol, girl-crush and role model was doing an emotional scene and she didn't care that the person she had posters of all over her room was lying in a bed next to her, trying to see the movie on the laptop. At least not yet.

"Harry!" I whisper-shouted. "We're having a girls-night-sleepover. Get out!" He pouted.

"That's exactly what Gemma used to say." He mumbled and left. I glanced on Chelsea and Sam who were still watching the movie like nothing happened. No more than one minute later, the small door was open again and Louis looked at us with a faked angry expression.

"Why won't you let Harry watch Jennifer Lawrence?" He asked, patting on Harry's back. Harry was standing behind him, still pouting. I laughed at them.

"Because it's a girls' night and last time I checked, Harry wasn't a girl." I said. I felt Sam tense behind me and realised that no one answered. Oh.

"I didn't check like..." I groaned, rolling my eyes. Of course, they would take what I said sexually. They laughed and Harry winked. Behind them, the other three guys appeared, wondering why they were laughing at me.

"Get out! You're acting like annoying little brothers." I told them. I wanted to see the movie and this had made me miss more than three scenes. We would have to go back there later. 

"Is that Silverlinings Playbook?" Liam asked.

"Why have we never had a sleep over back here?" Niall wondered. 

Without listening to me or caring about that they couldn't be there, all five of them were soon back there with us, trying to squeeze us together so they could see the movie. 

I was pressed in the middle of all of them and I felt Sam tense when Niall reached over her, just almost touching her, to take the bag of chips from me. 

"Okay, you can stay. But only if you keep quiet and let me watch Bradley Cooper in silence. And if you must speak, do it high-pitched and girly. It's still a girls' night." I told them all.

A while into the movie, I saw Chelsea scrolling on her phone. She always got bored when we watched movies. I didn't expect her to get bored with Jennifer Lawrence in a movie, but she wasn't in the scene right then. I saw her on twitter and glanced on Harry over her shoulder. He had taken his eyes of the movie and was secretly looking on Chelsea's twitter without her noticing. She opened a picture posted by a fan account. It was another "#gemmaisthebetterstyles' picture and she opened it without thinking twice. She then jumped in the air when she heard Harry's deep chuckle just behind her back. 

The others shushed him so they could keep watching. Harry reached out and got her phone from her hand to see what her username was. He pulled up his own phone, typed in her twitter name, and followed her. She whispered a thank you and turned to watch the movie again. I giggled at her smile when she turned more towards me so Harry couldn't see her extremely happy expression. She was surely screaming on the inside and I rolled my eyes, smiling.

The back of the bus was not close to big enough for all eight of us to stay. When the movie finished we - or I, Chelsea and Sam wouldn't have anything against it really - threw them out and made them sleep i their bunk beds instead. 

I knew they were going to have to leave the next day, but I was okay with that. Just by having them close for a few days made me feel like home, and safe. I was still new with all this, but I could do it.

+++++

A bit of a shorter chapter, but I don't want to make it much longer. 

I want to sort of dedicate this chapter to my friends. You know who you are, I love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 798 29
"I like art Elizabeth, and art is in everything, including people. For example, you."
372K 27.8K 52
"No matter where I go or who I meet, I will always be uncontrollably, helplessly, foolishly in love with you."
280K 3.8K 9
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"