Chapter 25

"Isabelle... It rings a bell. Won't you tell, why the boys fell." Niall sang and I laughed at him, counting how many times he would be able to rhyme with my name. I was upside down in a sofa. My head almost to the floor and my feet hanging over the back of it. I was trying to blow a bubble with my gum, but it was harder upside down. Niall was in the sofa with me, with his feet over my stomach and his head at the other side. We had almost an hour until the sound check and we entertained ourselves with blowing bubbles and making up rhymes. The excitement.

"Did you cast a spell, you will go to hell, please don't yell because of Niall's smell." Louis sang when he entered the room with a grin on his face.

"Hey!" Niall exclaimed and I giggled, mostly at how horrible they were on rapping.

"Belle, dear. Why are you on the floor?" Louis asked and got down on his knees in front of my head so his upside-down smile was very close. I shrugged and blew a bubble.

"Why not? My face will be matching the colour of my hair soon enough." I said, feeling the blood coming to my head and give me a headache.

"It already does. Do you want to go outside for a bit?" He suggested. I raised my hands in the air as answer and he pulled me up. Niall got up at the same time.

"I'll come with you. I don't think I know anything else that rhymes with Isabell." Niall said when we walked out the hallways to get outside where all the fans would scream when they saw us. Louis got a football from the floor on our way.

"You missed cell, shell and well." I told him and he sighed.

We had to cover our ears when we opened the door that led to where the buses were parked and the fans screamed from far away. They couldn't get to us, but we sure enough heard them. They calmed down after a while and Niall and Louis started passing the ball between each other and I sat down on the ground. Louis talked about how he noticed Zayn seemed a bit off during the day. I had noticed that, too. He hadn't talked much to me since that morning and I, just as always, didn't know what was wrong.

"I don't know what his problem is." I mumbled. "He told me this morning I should talk to him if something was wrong instead of feeling sad and lonely. He hasn't even talked to me since we were bowling! It's like he can't stand me sometimes!" I said.

Louis actually laughed at that. I thought I saw Louis and Niall looking at each other fast, like they knew something I didn't.

"What?"

"You can't be that blind. Everyone sees it." Louis said, rolling his eyes.

"Sees what? What does everyone know? Niall?" I asked, confused.

They looked at me like I was joking.

"You really don't know what Zayn's problem is?"

"If I knew what his problem was, would I sit here then? I would go do something about it. One day he's talking to me and the next he won't even look my way, just like I said something wrong." I groaned, bringing my knees up to my chest.

"Zayn has got a crush on you." Louis said, passing the ball back to Niall like it was no big deal.

"He does not."

"Yeah he does. It's obvious. He likes you, he probably has since we started touring." Niall chuckled, throwing the ball with aim for my head. I got away just in time and glared at him angry. Louis nodded.

"If Niall sees it, it's true."

That was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Okay, maybe not. But it was extremely stupid.

"Look, he does not have a crush on me. And since when did you avoid the person you had a crush on?" I said, not believing them for a second. That wasn't his problem. He absolutely didn't like me in that way. Why would anybody like me that way? Why would someone as amazing and perfect as Zayn like me in that way?