The First ~10K~ (book 1)

By Maddib12

I was his first and he was my first. When I needed him most, he was first to come. It was him first, it was m... More

1: Reunited
2: When It's Time
3: Remember The Mission
4: Sisters Of Mercy
5: Kidnapped
6: Where are you?
7: You did your Best
8: Sweet Hugs
9: Doctor of the Dead (pt 1)
10: Doctor of the Dead (pt 2)
12: The Murphy
Note
13: White Light
14: First Time
15: Plans
Okay...
16: Zombaby! (pt 1)
Good news and bad news
17: Zombaby! (Part 2)
18: Zombaby (final part)
19: Romace
20: Zombie Baby Daddy!
21: Pit Stop
Please read...
22: Day One
23: End Times
New
Instagram

11: Doctor of the Dead (final part)

1.3K 35 8
By Maddib12

"We've gone to a great deal of effort to find you, Mr. Murphy." Kurtz said, a smile afterwards.

"I've been on a little road trip." Murphy sassed.

"Well, your journey ends here. You're safe now," Kurtz said. "And yore friends are to be commended for their bravery and commitment. Your country, all mankind, owes you a great deal." He smiled again.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Warren asked.

"Well we'll take him the rest of the way to the lab in California where we'll sequence his genes and clone the antibodies on his blood." He explained. "And with any luck, we'll be able to recreate the vaccine that's keeping him alive." He continued with that stupid smile at the end.

"What if I don't wanna be your Guinea pig?" Murphy asked.

"Well then you'll eventually wind up just like Brendon Doyle," Kurtz replied. "Patient Zero over there. Speaking of which, someone should really give that poor creature mercy."

"I'll do it." Murphy said almost instantly.

Warren handed Murphy her machete we all watched as he approached Brendon. Murphy whispered something, then mercied him. He turned around quickly.

"I'm not going." Murphy said.

"Murphy," Warren gasped. "This is why we came this far."

"Explain to me again why I should believe anything you say." Murphy growled to Kurtz

I hid half of my body behind 10K, gripping his arm. He placed his hand on my belly again and stood all the way in front of me.

"Let's start with you have no choice." Kurtz said, walking closer to Murphy and Warren.

Warren grabbed her machete and pointed it at Kurtz. "What are you doing?"

"Just a precaution," Kurtz replied.

"Now hold on a minute," Doc interrupted. "Ain't no reason to jump bad. He's just nervous. Right, Murphy?"

Doc, 10K, and I all turned our heads over to Murphy. I was biting 10K's shirt, which sounds kind of weird, but it helped me relax and 10K didn't mind.

Murphy didn't reply. Which made us all worried.

"He's actually very civic minded." Doc added when Murphy didn't give an answer.

"Really, this is so unnecessary. No ones going to harm you, Mr. Murphy."

I saw 10K glance to the computer. I turned my head and gripped 10K's arm. It was showing Citizen Z holding a sign and yelling; "Kill the Doctor!"

A loud knocking sounded at the door.

"Just a zombie. Give it mercy so it won't attract more." Kurtz said, not even thinking twice about it.

"Zombies can't open doors, can they?" The guard asked.

The door opened. 10K drew his knife. When the door opened, my heart broke.

It was Cassandra.

10K POV---

My stomach dropped. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was breathing heavily, a bite mark was on her cheek. Her eyes were golden and glowing.

"Don't shoot." She said slowly.

"She's a zombie. Mercy her." Kurtz ordered.

I felt Maddi's grip get tighter on my shirt. She want biting it anymore, which made me worried.

"I'm not dead." She growled, moving her eys back and forth with everyone. Murphy gave her a wink.

"Kill him." Murphy ordered.

Cassandra spring into action. She grabbed one of the guards' guns and shot it at the other one. Bullets flew everywhere. I wrapped my arm around Maddi and ducked down behind a metal table, keeping her hidden under my arm. She screamed and gripped my hand.

I peeked up behind the table. Murphy was running towards the door way.

"Murphy, wait!" Warren yelled.

Kurtz tried shooting at him, but missed. Doc started to stand up, running towards Murphy, when he stumbled backwards, gunfire echoed through my ears. Doc out his hands to his shoulder, and fell to the ground.

"Doc!" I yelled.

"Doc!" Maddi cried.

Warren marched over, kneeling at his side.

I stood up with Maddi, watching as Warren started CPR on Doc. Maddi sobbed and put her face in my chest. I held her and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, Doc." Warren prayed, pumping his chest.

"10K," Maddi whispered.

I looked down at her. Her eyes were red and glossy. They were bright green. One thing I loved about her, was her eyes. They changed depending on her mood. If she was happy, they were hazel. If she was sad and had been he'd crying, they were bright green. If she was mad, they were dark green. And if she was in love, they were wide and hazel.

"It's gonna be okay." I said.

"No, not that," She whispered, wiping her cheeks. "I...I want a baby too."

+++

A loud alarm started roaring. Doc still wasn't back yet. Maddi gripped my hand as we waited anxiously for Doc to wake up.

Growling sounded behind us. We looked behind and saw the two guards were turning Z. I stood up, pushing Maddi behind me, when Cassandra jumped out of nowhere and tackled the zombies. She whipped her head around, meeting my eyes.

"Get out of here!" She yelled. It sounded like there was three of her talking at one. "Get out of here!"

Maddi grabbed my shirt and pulled me back. Doc was finally up. I wrapped his arm around my shoulder while Warren had his other. Maddi was in front of us, holding the doors open for us.

A loud beep went off, then a female robot voice sounded;

"Five minutes to detonation."

Maddi POV---

The loud alarm rang in my head, vibrating and blaring. 10K and Warren dragged Doc back the way we came. I led them, making sure there was nothing around the corners. My heart was racing.

"Get the door," Warren told 10K. "Maddi, help hold him up."

I put Doc's arm around my shoulder. I watched 10K lift the door open. We climbed in and 10K dropped the door. It slammed shut, making me jump.

"Here, I got him." He told me.

I shook my head. "It's okay."

"Three minutes to detonation." The intercom blared.

"Look," 10K said, walking over to the corner of the elevator. "What is it?" He asked as he picked up... Skin?

"Is that all that's left of Murphy?" Doc croaked.

"It's his skin," Warren answered.

"He shed his skin." I added to Warrens answer.

"Keep it," Doc said before hacking up blood. "Make some awesome boots outta that."

"Where's Murphy?" Warren mumbled.

I looked over at 10K who was still playing with Murphy's skin.

+++

We busted out the doors. 10K took over my position carrying Doc and I led them again.

"Where's the van?" 10K grunted.

"Murphy," Warren concluded. "Come on, let's take this."

A black Tahoe was parked outside, probably left from Kurtz.

We put Doc in the back seat. I was going to the other side of the truck when 10K grabbed my arm. I looked at him and saw him staring at the sky.

"Look," He said.

Warren and I looked up, our mouths falling to the ground.

A nuke, falling out the sky, straight towards the lab. A rainbow of smoke trailed behind as it roared in the sky.

"Let's go." Warren whispered, tapping 10K's chest.

10K hopped in the front as I squeezed in the back with Doc, laying his head on my lap.

"Cassandra?" 10K asked.

I glanced out the window, trying to see if she was out there. But I didn't see her, and then we sped off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 592 47
//////////////////// "Get ready to run Jaime," He said before pulling the trigger. /////////////////// Jaime Bell had always told herself to never ca...
1.3K 7 21
It's been 12 years. 10K raised his daughter, Ashlyn, alone. 10K knows that pretty soon, his daughter will reach womanhood, and he doesn't know the fi...
602 22 17
*Read my first book called "Germ" before reading this* After Drew Davis, a weak, immature twelve year old worrying about his popularity, turns into...
8.9K 126 20
When Maddi gets a head injury, she wakes up in a 'safe haven.' What she doesn't realize is how many secrets she reveals, and how many she hides. And...