Arranged Marriage

Por Jesselle_Loves_You

Normani Kordei Hamilton has a hatred for Dinah Jane Hansen. there is no explanation on why she hates Dinah be... M谩s

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18

chapter 6

3.2K 139 31
Por Jesselle_Loves_You

Normani pov

"you better be going to the dinner tonight."

"dad, i know. i'll be there."

"good because we have things to discuss."

"why do you always call me? you know i'm working."

"i don't have enough time to come visit you so i call you."

"yet you can come to the dinner."

"well yeah because Gordon is a friend of mine and it's hard to leave work unless i have a good reason."

"not going to see your daughter isn't a good reason, huh?"

"baby, don't be mad okay? i'm just doing what i can to support the family."

"support what family?"

"our family."

"dad, you know our family is already falling apart."

"well i have to go. we'll talk more later."

i rolled my eyes before ending the call. he always avoids that our family is falling apart. he doesn't want to admit it because the moment the family falls apart, he loses. i shoved my phone back in my pocket before helping out the customers.

this was going to be a long day but then i remembered that i had kissed Dinah. i smile as i reached my fingers to my lips. it felt good to kiss her and after making her wait for so long, i thought it was time. she deserved it after everything i put her through.

"what happened?" Camila said, nudging me.

"nothing important. we have a dinner tonight though."

"yeah, dad told me about that and i'm not happy. i don't think i can stand to be around Kehlani after what happened with Ally's party."

"we'll meet Dinah's other sister there. she wasn't able to come to the wedding because she couldn't leave school since it wasn't an emergency."

"let's hope she's nice and better than Kehlani."

"let's hope."

we continued to do work until closing. as we were closing, Zendaya and her loud ass came barging through.

"hey guys!"

"Daya, what do you want? we have to leave soon."

"the dinner right? Mila told me that earlier."

"yeah now go away."

"Mani, i'm bored."

"go to Tori."

"she's studying for her tests and i don't want to disturb her."

"you're disturbing us." i said, closing up.

"don't say that."

"go hang out with Ally then. im sure she's not doing anything."

"if not, i'll chill with her until Camila comes home."

"it's probably going to be five hours." Camila told her, as she hugged Zendaya.

"i'm sure i'll find something to do within that time frame. have fun guys."

Zendaya got in her car and drove off to Ally's house. i got in my car with Camila following. when we were all settled, i headed over to Dinah's dad's house. there were cars there already and i saw my parent's car. lord have mercy, please be a good night.

xxxx

while we waited for dinner, Dinah took me out to the back and up her treehouse. we watched as the sun began to set and Dinah pulled me into her arms. her chin resting on my shoulder.

"how was work?"

"stressful. yours?"

"i quit before he could fire me."

"Dinah, i told you to go back in."

"i didn't care about him and i didn't care for the job anyway."

"still, how will you find another job?"

"it's not like it's hard to find a job."

"it kinda is."

"i'll work at a diner."

"if you want."

"i do."

we just sat in silence for a little bit longer before i heard an unfamiliar voice call Dinah.

"D, dad said dinner's done."

"coming!" Dinah screamed, as she left.

i sighed as i grew cold from the breeze. i looked down to find Dinah staring at me with a smile. i climbed down and she extended her hand out for me. i grabbed it and intertwined our fingers. we walked in the house and she lead me to the dining room.

"so nice of you to make it." Dinah's dad said, as we sat down.

"we were in the treehouse watching the sunset."

"it's okay, Dinah. you don't have to explain yourself."

she nodded her head as i looked around. my eyes landed on the girl next to Kehlani. she was the other girl Kehlani was with at the party.

"Mani, i would like for you to meet Lauren."

i gave her a smile and in return she gave me a stare. no smile nothing. she probably doesn't like me.

"Lo, say something."

"hey." was all she said before the food came.

i looked over at Camila, who just mouthed, 'it's going to be okay.' i shook my head as i ate some food. it wasn't silent because Dinah's family were the ones to talk. my family just sat in silence as we ate.

"so Mani, how are you?"

"i'm fine."

"no morning sickness?"

i hesitated on answering but was thankful when Dinah interrupted.

"dad, we haven't had sex yet. i've been giving her some time to focus on her work right now. i don't think she can handle a baby now."

i looked over at my dad, who just had a solemn face. i didn't know what he was thinking but he wasn't about to say it out loud.

xxxx

after dinner was done, my dad took me outside. he was about to leave with Sinu but he needed to talk to me. so Sinu and Camila were inside talking to Dinah's family.

"dad, i need to know if you're for real about me leaving Dinah if i don't develop feelings for her in a few months."

"i'm for real. your step mom has made me realize that forcing you into this marriage was bad. she told me that if you were to get married, it had to be with someone you love. if you don't love Dinah, i give you permission to divorce her. if you start loving Dinah, then we'll have a real wedding for you."

"i don't know what i feel for her to be completely honest. all i know is that she's changing me."

"that's a good thing. you're warming up to her. i just want to know why you don't like her."

"it's something that happened when i was young."

"when you wanted to get surgery, i remember."

"she was the reason why i wanted to have it. she always bullied me in sixth."

"she's the reason i had to take my daughters out of school for two years?"

"yeah, so that's why i wasn't ecstatic on her being my wife."

"i see, but if you do change your mind, text Sinu or me."

he gave me a hug before getting in the car, as Sinu and Camila came out of the house. Sinu said goodbye to us before she got in the car. we watched as they drove off and Camila gave me a smile.

"i like her. she's someone i think you'll fall for."

"that's the problem. i don't want to fall for her."

i got in the car and waited for Camila to get in the car. when she did, i drove off to her house. after i dropped her off, i went to the house that i shared with Dinah. her car was there and the lights were still on. i let out a sigh and leaned back in my seat. i heard my phone go off and i looked at the text. it was from Dinah.

Wifey💜: are you okay?
sent 9:30 pm

to Wifey💜: if i'm being honest, no.
sent 9:31 pm

Wifey💜: do you want me to get stuff for you?
sent 9:31 pm

to Wifey💜: no, i'll be okay. if you want anything, i can go get it.
sent 9:32 pm

i waited for Dinah to respond but she didn't. she was a fast replier. i thought i did something wrong until my phone went off.

Wifey💜: if i'm being honest, i want you..
sent 9:40 pm

i didn't reply to that and i got out of the car. i entered our house and went up to our room. the door was open so i could see Dinah looking down at her phone biting her thumbnail. her legs were bouncing up and down as she looked down at the phone.

"shit, shit, shit, shit." was all she kept repeating to herself.

"are you okay?" i asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked up.

her face turned into relief and she ran over to me. she hugged me tight as she let out a heavy sigh.

"i thought you were mad that i said that."

"i don't think i would be mad at that."

"i just assumed because you don't like me and me saying that might've angered you."

"Dinah, it's okay. just calm down. i'm here now."

"until a few more months.."

she walked away from me and went to the bed. i watched as she teared up and i sighed, walking towards her.

"we both knew this was going to come. you knew that if i didn't like you by the end of April, we would get divorced. my dad actually meant that."

"i want to believe that you'll fall for me considering what you do for me but now i don't believe anymore."

"i told you earlier, don't get your hopes up."

"it's not that i had my hopes up."

"then what is it?"

"i want to sleep." was all she said, getting under the covers and turned away from me.

i didn't want to keep her up knowing where this was going. i grabbed a pillow and went to the couch downstairs. i wrapped the blanket that was on the edge around me and just turned on the tv. i didn't bother changing the channel because i honestly didn't care what was on. i turned on my back with my left forearm resting against my forehead. i stayed like that until i felt myself fall asleep.

Seguir leyendo

Tambi茅n te gustar谩n

62.1K 2.5K 16
Normani has spent her whole life avoiding Dinah Jane. But has she really been doing herself a favor?
157K 9.5K 32
An uptight Normani is partnered with the carefree Dinah Jane for their dance showcase. Will they be able to work together and put on a magical perfor...
34K 1.5K 15
Normani Kordei Hamilton is a reserved person that only likes to take photos of random things that she considers to be beautiful. she has been friends...
13.5K 313 28
Dinah has had a crush on Normani since they were in 1st grade now their in high school Normani is on the cheer team at their school and Dinah is on t...